Killn' The Cube: My powerlifting venture begins

Page 90 of 114 First ... 8889909192 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Upper: Cambered bar bench: 225x5x3 235x5 245x5 Incline: 185x8x3 KB triceps extensions: 25x3 DB side lateral (3" hold): 15x12x3 Pec deck: rest pause x2 Solid day, really had to overhaul my bench routine due to it stalling out. If I'm not making progress in the following weeks, I'm going to run smolov for bench, while still westsiding my squat and deads because those are still on the up.
    Bench is a b!tch of a lift. Was stalled at 275 forever then one day out of nowhere hit 305, can rep 275, and am probably good for 315-320 if I tried. How did that happen, you ask? No freaking clue.

2. Little deficit bench action eh, nice
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Bench is a b!tch of a lift. Was stalled at 275 forever then one day out of nowhere hit 305, can rep 275, and am probably good for 315-320 if I tried. How did that happen, you ask? No freaking clue.
    Dude, I hear you. My bench is all over the place. I hit 345 w/ a pause 3 months back. I don't know if I could get 325 ATM. Pisses me off, lol.

4. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Little deficit bench action eh, nice
    Yeah man, I love that cambered bar. CG with 1-2" pauses. Really hits you hard. Saw some big dude rep out 405x8 on them today as well. That's a shot right to the taint.

5. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

Yeah man, I love that cambered bar. CG with 1-2" pauses. Really hits you hard. Saw some big dude rep out 405x8 on them today as well. That's a shot right to the taint.
    Damn! Strong mofo
    Training Log
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Damn! Strong mofo
    Dude, friggin' huge. Looks just like the guy from The Green Mile.

7. 8/14/14

Pendlay rows:
    135x10
    185x8
    225x6x3

WG pull-ups (twisty handles): BWx6x3

Swiss bar attachment pull-downs:
    x15x2
    x12
    x12

Lat overhead pull-down machine: 15x3

Reverse fly: 15x3

KB curls: 20x3

Stationary bike: 15 min

8. Nice little pump sesh there
    Training Log

9. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Nice little pump sesh there
    Yes sir, it's so much better splitting up push/pull days for me so I won't be in the gym for 2 hrs.

10. Country, the blocks are 12". So I was pulling from about 10.5". 16" would be way too high for me, it'd be a 4" lockout. Haha.

11. I knew you were tall so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt... Haha. Sounds like a sweet spot for you. I will petition my gyms to get blocks.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

12. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I knew you were tall so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt... Haha. Sounds like a sweet spot for you. I will petition my gyms to get blocks.
    Worst case scenario, just build some bro. They're not going to be that much, I don't think you'll need a steel frame.

I'm 5'11.5". Not that tall, haha.

13. DE lower:

Buffalo bar DE squats:
    275x2z4
    295x2x6

DE deadlifts: 365x2x8

KB walking lunges: 16x3

GHR: BWx10x3

Ab wheel roll-outs: 10x3

Banded Pall-off press: 12x3

Solid day, starting to groove consistently.

14. DE upper:

Bench: 225x3x6

Arnold press: 45x10x3

Shoulder lateral machine: 12x3

Rope press downs: 25x3

T-bar rows: 8x3

CG pull downs:
    x12
    x10
    x8
    x6

Face-pulls:
    x20
    x12x3

Preacher curls: 6x4 (TUT)

Concentration curls: 20x2

Alright day. My triceps are still shot from Wednesday, which became blatantly clear off the bat.

Also, down to 223 -7lbs in less than 2 weeks. I'm not sure if I have cut too deep, or if I lost some bloat. Definitely feeling better/leaner, though.

15. What are doing diet wise anything special or just eating a little healthier

Not a bad workout thou

16. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

Worst case scenario, just build some bro. They're not going to be that much, I don't think you'll need a steel frame.

I'm 5'11.5". Not that tall, haha.
    Taller than me.

I can't carry blocks around to my school gym haha. I could build a set for at Sherms place maybe.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

17. Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    What are doing diet wise anything special or just eating a little healthier Not a bad workout thou
    Carb cycling. I haven't been counting every single macro, just estimates.

Yeah, I was moving quick, I'll take it. I've been hammering the volume, got to get the bench >350 again.

18. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Taller than me. I can't carry blocks around to my school gym haha. I could build a set for at Sherms place maybe.
    Yeah, whatever works for you. You need to try them. I like them better than rack pulls, but that's probably because I could do more with them, lol.

19. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

Carb cycling. I haven't been counting every single macro, just estimates.

Yeah, I was moving quick, I'll take it. I've been hammering the volume, got to get the bench >350 again.
    I forgot u mention u were doing carb cycling what I found when I did it was I could only do moderate and low carb days no high carb days treated me a lot better...
    I just want to get to 350 with out a slingshot it will come in time thou

20. 350 bench seems to Be a common goal.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    I forgot u mention u were doing carb cycling what I found when I did it was I could only do moderate and low carb days no high carb days treated me a lot better... I just want to get to 350 with out a slingshot it will come in time thou
    Yeah, I still need to feel it out. I might be the opposite, in that, I need to add in a high carb day. Losing 3.5lbs a week is not conducive to my goal. Hopefully some is water.

You'll get it big man. You're making progress at an incredible rate.

22. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    350 bench seems to Be a common goal.
    Sucks to practically be there at 345 and still work your ass off perpetually and lose it. Oh well, got to fix the process.

23. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Sucks to practically be there at 345 and still work your ass off perpetually and lose it. Oh well, got to fix the process.
    Or be at 330 and then Have your shoulder go to hell over the next 6 months. Lol.

24. ME lower:

Squats:
    275x3
    315x3
    365x3
    405x3 -this set felt all messed up. Starting from the unrack, I didn't get my hips well enough under the bar and it pitched my upper torso forward, and then my stance was too narrow. Pretty ugly, but still had a couple reps in the tank.

415x1- because the 405 set felt like **** and I wanted a confidence booster. Got my feet out a little wider, slowed down the eccentric, knees out, got tight, boom exploded up and the bar hopped off my back and slammed back down. Tweaked my back a lil. Felt really, really good though. I need to do a better job at queing myself to squeeze scalps back and pull the bar down onto my back.

Convo deads +2 30# chains (completely off the ground at lockout):
    435x3 +chains- felt good, left a few in the tank. Huge difference for me when I set my hips 1-2" lower. The leg drive is 100x better.

Reverse hyper:
    50x12
    100x12
    150x12x3

GHR: BWx12x3 (TUT)

Leg extensions: a lot

Calves: (DC)

Legs were full of blood. Feeling a lot better about my lower movements. Getting way more technical/efficient.

25. Good work
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good work
    Thanks man, back is feeling worse now but it'll subside. Do you consciously pull the bar down onto your back?

27. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Thanks man, back is feeling worse now but it'll subside. Do you consciously pull the bar down onto your back?
    I retract my scapula and engage my lats, which makes my hands torque the bar, so I suposse so. If I don't do that, I collapse.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I retract my scapula and engage my lats, which makes my hands torque the bar, so I suposse so. If I don't do that, I collapse.
    Good to know man, I need to work on doing that consistently. It's a huge difference for me.

29. Conditioning:

Seated box jumps: 10x3

Bigger box: 5x3

Biggest box: x1x fail x fail x fail

Name:  image-204046539.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  595.2 KB

Yeahhhh, the box won today. I'll win next time.

Sled: forever

Prowler: about threw up

Tire flips: 10x4

Ab wheel roll-out: 10x3

Conditioning is a lot better. Good day.

30. I've had that happen before on box jumps. Sh!t sucks haha
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
  2. The Plan & My Goal...
    By 01yz426 in forum Weight Loss