Killn' The Cube: My powerlifting venture begins

Page 90 of 137 First ... 8889909192 ... Last

  1. Back:

    WG pull ups:
    BWx5
    BW+25x5x4
    BW+45x5
    BWx10

    WG lat pull down: 115x12x4

    Cable pullover:
    90x15
    110x15x2
    130x15

    Cat back pull downs:
    x25
    x20
    x20
    x15

    Banded pull aparts:
    x25x4
    x50

    Reverse pec dec fly: 90x15x3

    DB preacher curl w/ twist:
    25x15x2
    35x12

    Cable hammer curl w/ rope attachment:
    90x12
    70x15x3

    About an hr, got some work in. It was weird, I couldn't get a pump. Probably from low calories today. Strength is back now. Lower body is sore AF.

    Checking out a new gym tmrw. It's suppose to be a top 15 gym in the country or whatever. 4 IFBB pros train there. Rick Franklin, Jorge Gurgel and some big name fighters. So much equipment there it's nuts.

    •   
       


  2. Westside: DE lower

    DL:
    365x2x4
    405x1x2
    455x1x2

    Box squat:
    225x2x6
    315x1x2

    GHR: BWx8x3

    That's all I did. Body has been wrecked.

    This new gym is ****ing ridiculous, can't even describe it. A guy wants me to come lift with their team Monday nights and they're doing conjugate. Happy days.

  3. Probably going to switch my training around. I guess they deadlift and bench on Monday nights, so I guess I'll do the same. There's 30 guys benching over 600, so I'll learn a lot.

    Didn't mention, but pulled on a DL bar today and it's a huge ****ing difference. 455 felt like 405. The IFBB pro I was talking to said I could get 40 out of the bar alone if I learn how to use it.

    Platforms, 3 monos, 5 squat racks, bench/squat/deadlift bars, SSB, cambered, Swiss specialty bars. GHR's and some many damn machines and huge bodies you can't move. Turf area for prowler and some strongman implements. Yeah I found my spot for sure.

  4. Awesome news Cincy!
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
    •   
       


  5. Quote Originally Posted by rob112
    Awesome news Cincy!
    Thanks man, I now realize how ****ty my old gym is. This place is exponentially better. Everyone's cool as hell too. Talked to the owner today and he showed me around. I guess it's a million dollar facility.

    And it's weird training next to an ex UFC champion. I'm a huge fan of the sport. I might take some JJ classes and get my roll on.

    Edit: and it's cheaper than my old gym, lol.

  6. Did you say thirty guys benching over 600? Three-oh? Not only did that IFBB pro tell you you'd get 40 out of a deadlift bar, but I believe some short, fat Pollock told you that at the Sweatt Shop, didn't he?

    Awesome news on the training front. Go get it! And sign up for that July meet, got-damnit. Don't make me bring Napalm into this.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  7. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude
    Did you say thirty guys benching over 600? Three-oh? Not only did that IFBB pro tell you you'd get 40 out of a deadlift bar, but I believe some short, fat Pollock told you that at the Sweatt Shop, didn't he? Awesome news on the training front. Go get it! And sign up for that July meet, got-damnit. Don't make me bring Napalm into this.
    According to their website, three oh. I believe it, there's ****ing monsters there. Hahah, you did say that too man!! I'm going to sign up for one, I might see if the team has one planned and do it with them. I'll need help on weight attempts and what not. I don't want to ask some random people to spot me on bench like that girl you were talking about either, lol.

    Edit: >Three oh

  8. Double
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  9. I use the term girl loosely with Iryna; lol.

    It's easy to get a handler, drag one of your training partners with you and buy him dinner and post meet beers and you're even. Powerlifter bro code.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  10. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude
    I use the term girl loosely with Iryna; lol. It's easy to get a handler, drag one of your training partners with you and buy him dinner and post meet beers and you're even. Powerlifter bro code.
    I don't have a training partner as of now. I've been doing this solo and with you guys. So I'm going to network a little.

    Edit: lol, there were some manly chicks there for sure. I'm still not convinced some had vaginas.

  11. As long as you get good spots and guys looking out it will be awesome even if one isn't a straight training partner
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  12. You'll end up falling in line with a crew, I'm sure. They'll be willing to do anything for you in a few weeks to a month, you watch.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  13. Westside: Week 3- ME lower

    Deadlift: 525x1 missed rep 2 due to grip

    I've never lost my grip on a stiff bar and I lost it on a real DL bar?

    SSB: 275x5x3

    I don't know how much the SSB weighs, but I'm posting as if 45#. Took everything out of me.

    Unilateral leg press: 3 plates per side x15x3

    GHR: BWx8x3

    Calves: 15x3

    Maybe the best workout of my life even without a PR. I love this place, the atmosphere is unlike anything I've been around.

  14. That's so awesome you're lifting there man. And ya, you shouldn't lose your grip on a deadlift bar lol Fluke maybe? And was it the EFS yoke bar? I think most SSBs are 60ish lbs.

    Thinking about throwing in any different variations for your ME days?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  15. You're gonna blow up adding in SSB. That bar will bake your potato. Don't worry about grip, shyt happens. Get it next time. Dig your hands into that good knurling.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    That's so awesome you're lifting there man. And ya, you shouldn't lose your grip on a deadlift bar lol Fluke maybe? And was it the EFS yoke bar? I think most SSBs are 60ish lbs. Thinking about throwing in any different variations for your ME days?
    Thanks Sean, this place blows me away. I was deadlifting and this monster comes up and we're talking about training. This dude is a 585 raw bencher. He use to do strongman, but PL's now. Cool as hell. I guess he is good friends with John Meadows.

    I don't know what kind of SSB it was. There's 4 different SSB's so I just grabbed one, lol.

    I'm definitely going to mix up my ME work. I've got the rest of this week and I'm taking a much needed deload. My body is rocked right now, I'm surprised I pulled 525 today. The big dude said it shot up fast and he said he wouldn't be surprised if I'll be pulling 600 in the next 2 months. We'll see, I'm just excited to be there.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude
    You're gonna blow up adding in SSB. That bar will bake your potato. Don't worry about grip, shyt happens. Get it next time. Dig your hands into that good knurling.
    I hope so man. I've been itching to try one out. It's a lot different. Those 290 or whatever sets were some of the hardest sets of my life.

    I think the slack played a role in my grip some how. I need to stop yanking now that I'm on a real bar. The knurling is legit for sure. I've got holes in my shorts from it.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    You're gonna blow up adding in SSB. That bar will bake your potato.
    This.
    Pull those handles down tight, flex the hell out of your upper back, pack that neck and fight that bitch.

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

    Thanks Sean, this place blows me away. I was deadlifting and this monster comes up and we're talking about training. This dude is a 585 raw bencher. He use to do strongman, but PL's now. Cool as hell. I guess he is good friends with John Meadows.

    I don't know what kind of SSB it was. There's 4 different SSB's so I just grabbed one, lol.

    I'm definitely going to mix up my ME work. I've got the rest of this week and I'm taking a much needed deload. My body is rocked right now, I'm surprised I pulled 525 today. The big dude said it shot up fast and he said he wouldn't be surprised if I'll be pulling 600 in the next 2 months. We'll see, I'm just excited to be there.
    This is awesome.

  19. Nice work! Maybe do static holds in last reps for grip training. Also, SSB at my gym is 90lbs, so if it feels heavy, it may be
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  20. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    . Also, SSB at my gym is 90lbs, so if it feels heavy, it may be
    Holy ****. I think ours is 65

  21. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    SSB??
    Safety squat bar

  22. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

    Holy ****. I think ours is 65
    It freaking sucks maneuvering around lol
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  23. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni
    This. Pull those handles down tight, flex the hell out of your upper back, pack that neck and fight that bitch. This is awesome.
    Definitely bro. From reading all your guy's logs I knew I had to pull the handles down and it helped a lot. I did those sets beltless and they're more taxing on the core than front squats, IMO.

    Another note, the matting there is much better. I'm finding I'm not having the issue of toes shifting when screwing my feet in. Also, mono's are the balls and not squatting into a mirror has helped my neutral head positioning a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112
    Nice work! Maybe do static holds in last reps for grip training. Also, SSB at my gym is 90lbs, so if it feels heavy, it may be
    Yeah, that and some farmers. I'm still bewildered on how my grip gave out, lol. I have literally pulled 5+ on a stiff bar w/o any knurling with no issues whatsoever. Oh well, I don't see it being a problem in the future.

    Christ, 90? I don't think the one I used was that heavy, lol.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
  2. The Plan & My Goal...
    By 01yz426 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 11:55 PM
  3. "In the Zone": (My Focus XT review)
    By motiv8er in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 02:46 PM
  4. Just enjoyed my first venture out of the house
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Log in
Log in