Killn' The Cube: My powerlifting venture begins

Page 89 of 114 First ... 8788899091 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Bratwurst is GOAT.
    Second the steak and bacon, but don't forget whole eggs.
    And idk about you but eggs with cheese and red hot is absolutely amazing and fits perfectly into a low carb day... just sayin

    Also wtf does GOAT mean?

    Edit: sorry Sean, yeah, I said cheese on eggs


  2. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Second the steak and bacon, but don't forget whole eggs. And idk about you but eggs with cheese and red hot is absolutely amazing and fits perfectly into a low carb day... just sayin Also wtf does GOAT mean? Edit: sorry Sean, yeah, I said cheese on eggs
    Acronym for greatest of all time
    •   
       


  3. Upper:

    1.25 board bench:
    225x5
    275x5
    305x3

    I over-shot my last attempt, I was going for 5's. Dammit.

    Yellow slingshot:
    275x8x3

    Swiss bar OHP:
    115x10
    135x10x3

    Banded press downs w/ average band:
    x30
    x20x2

    Cable side lateral:
    30x12x3

    Fly machine: 25x3

    Pull up with twisty handles:
    BWx6x3 (I suck)

    SGHP: 135x8x3- I haven't done these since the bicep scare. My God, I almost forgot how bad these smoke the traps. Immediately got DOM's.

    Reverse fly: 15x3

    KB curl holding the fat part: 26lb x8x3

    This workout took 2hrs, which is entirely too long and why I like to split up my push/press. Solid day, I'm focusing on more reps on bench. I need to split it up. Planning on attacking some incline bench as well.

  4. And Rodja, if you see this, the yellow slingshot does not fold over as aggressively as the red one. For me at least. Though, my friend bought his under the impression that it had the same sizing as the red, so he got the 2XL like my red one and it's too big for us. I'm not sure if that's a factor.

    Sorry, I'm not able to mention on my phone.

  5. DE lower:

    DE cambered bar squat: 275x2x10

    DE deads: 365x2x8

    Walking lunges: 16x3

    Tire flip: 10x3

    Really good day. I moved my stance out a bit on squat and it was perfect for depth and getting my knees out. Deadlift felt better than ever. 365 was moving fast as hell.

    I'll take it.
    •   
       


  6. Solid session. Lots of volume.

    I'd say eat a lot of fat to get them calories if watching carbs. Bacon wrapped chicken is like chicken with a slap of glory
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  7. Quote Originally Posted by rob112
    Solid session. Lots of volume. I'd say eat a lot of fat to get them calories if watching carbs. Bacon wrapped chicken is like chicken with a slap of glory
    Thanks, Rob. That was the plan, a lot of solid reps at a light weight.

    That sounds amazing. I need to work on my grilling skills now. If there's anyone that can find a way to fuk up a slab of meat, it's me.

  8. Lovin that cambered bar, huh? It's good ****
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    Lovin that cambered bar, huh? It's good ****
    Definitely, man. Not going to lie, I used it today because my traps are so sore from SGHP's and it's thick so I can put it lower on my back. Lol.

    Really makes you stay tight.

  10. Quick upper sess:

    Incline bench:
    185x3x8
    205x8

    Cambered bar: 135x15x3 (30 sec between)

    Press downs: 30x3

    NG pull downs: 12x4

    Lat pull downs SS reverse fly: 5 min straight

    KB curls:
    20x3
    12x1

    That's it, 50 min was all I was allotted today.

    On another note, I went from never golfing in my life to golfing 5 days in a row. Dat baseball swing, doe.

  11. Tell me how your baseball swing transferred to golf. I've seen it go both ways.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  12. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude
    Tell me how your baseball swing transferred to golf. I've seen it go both ways.
    Well, if I get ahold of it, she goes. But, the predominate amount of swings slice hard left. I think once I get accustomed to the stroke, I'll be alright.

    This is from someone who has zero golf experience prior to this week and who still has only played 36 holes combined.

    Fun game though, and an asset to a business professional.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    I go both ways.
    Dirty girl
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  14. ME lower:

    Blockpulls:
    455x5
    495x5
    545x4-cut it one rep because 4 was slow and im trying to be smart.

    SSB:
    155x6
    205x6
    245x6
    295x6

    Felt like I pulled something in my groin. I wanted, and could have, gone heavier but my partner talked me out of it.

    Unilateral leg press: 12x4

    Good girl: 50x2

    Bad girl: 50x2

    Standing unliateral hamstring curls:
    10x2
    20x1

    Leg extensions: 20x3

    Tis all. Pretty proud of thr 545x4 off the blocks. It was a good 3" below the knees.

    Also, went to the driving range subsequent to the lifting sess and hit a ball nearly 290, so a great day all and all, lol.

  15. I want block pulls how tall were yours?


    I need blocks
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  16. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I need blocks
    Same buddy. I've tried stacking plates on top of each other, but it just doesn't work out

    Also great workout cincy!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I want block pulls how tall were yours? I need blocks
    This was my first time pulling off em. I'm not sure, they're a little taller than I'd like. I stood on top of a plate.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Same buddy. I've tried stacking plates on top of each other, but it just doesn't work out Also great workout cincy!
    Yeah that sounds dangerous, haha. Thanks bro

  19. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

    This was my first time pulling off em. I'm not sure, they're a little taller than I'd like. I stood on top of a plate.

    Measure them!

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

    Yeah that sounds dangerous, haha. Thanks bro

    Muahahahah. I laugh in the face of danger!
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  20. Just frame some 2x4's together and a plywood board screwed on top. Easy peasy. Plus it feels more natural than rack pulls.

    Or stack 45's, mats, plywood boards, anything.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  21. I was thinking about making one. I have wood and tools, or I could weld a steel frame and then plywood it if I wanted. I think it would feel much better than rack pulls.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  22. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Measure them! Muahahahah. I laugh in the face of danger!
    Ok, I'll try to remember to bring my tape. All I know right now is that with the blocks and standing on the plate, they were about 3" below the bottom of my knee.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Just frame some 2x4's together and a plywood board screwed on top. Easy peasy. Plus it feels more natural than rack pulls. Or stack 45's, mats, plywood boards, anything.
    Exactly. I think small blocks would be the best. Then you can just stack mats to get the perfect height.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I was thinking about making one. I have wood and tools, or I could weld a steel frame and then plywood it if I wanted. I think it would feel much better than rack pulls.
    My buddy welded some blocks for my gym. He spent $120 on the steel as opposed to $20 at lowes in lumber. Derp.

    And they're entirely too small.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

    Ok, I'll try to remember to bring my tape. All I know right now is that with the blocks and standing on the plate, they were about 3" below the bottom of my knee.
    Just measure with some thing you take to the gym normally then measure at home. Close enough. Sound like the same heigh Nomz was using then.

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

    Exactly. I think small blocks would be the best. Then you can just stack mats to get the perfect height.
    I would want small like 3,6,9,12". I should just build some.

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

    My buddy welded some blocks for my gym. He spent $120 on the steel as opposed to $20 at lowes in lumber. Derp.

    And they're entirely too small.
    I have a ton of angle steel at the house we got at an auction for like, 5% shop cost. Plus lots of spare stuff from old projects. I would just frame it to set the wood in. I want to be able to drop 600# on it. I think 2x4s would be enough though.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  26. Conditioning day:

    45 min circuit:

    Seated box jumps x10

    Prowler: 200# x40yds

    Sled drag: 250# x40yds

    Butterfly sit-ups x15

    600# tire flip uphill

    This was brutal. Somehow I got coerced into this. We ended up getting 9 rounds in 45min. But, somehow I kept up with this lean black kid: AKA the benchmark for the day.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Conditioning day: 45 min circuit: Seated box jumps x10 Prowler: 200# x40yds Sled drag: 250# x40yds Butterfly sit-ups x15 600# tire flip uphill This was brutal. Somehow I got coerced into this. We ended up getting 9 rounds in 45min. But, somehow I kept up with this lean black kid: AKA the benchmark for the day.
    9 rounds!? You're a mad man

  28. Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    9 rounds!? You're a mad man
    Haha, it was the hardest conditioning day I've had in at least a year and a half. I don't know how I used to run 5-7 miles 6 days a week. 2 would have me in ER right now.

  29. Down 4lbs since I started carb cycling last week. Digging it, still feeling strong.

  30. Upper:

    Cambered bar bench:
    225x5x3
    235x5
    245x5

    Incline: 185x8x3

    KB triceps extensions: 25x3

    DB side lateral (3" hold): 15x12x3

    Pec deck: rest pause x2

    Solid day, really had to overhaul my bench routine due to it stalling out. If I'm not making progress in the following weeks, I'm going to run smolov for bench, while still westsiding my squat and deads because those are still on the up.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
  2. The Plan & My Goal...
    By 01yz426 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 11:55 PM
  3. "In the Zone": (My Focus XT review)
    By motiv8er in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 02:46 PM
  4. Just enjoyed my first venture out of the house
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Log in
Log in