Killn' The Cube: My powerlifting venture begins

Page 57 of 137 First ... 5556575859 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by napalm
    Buck up sparky, you'll have a perpetual boner on 500/week..
    I feel like I'm already at perpetual boner status. I've been on campus for 6 hrs and my Johnson hasn't left the waist band.,,

2. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    I feel like I'm already at perpetual boner status. I've been on campus for 6 hrs and my Johnson hasn't left the waist band.,,
    Agh the old tuck up
    •   

3. Nice to see a young-ish guy planning a reasonable cycle, versus starting early with 750mg test, 500mg tren, some eq, and a couple orals. That shyt drives me insane.

You'll enjoy the smooth ride of 500mg test.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

4. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    25g to inject, 18 to draw...
    Bingo. Ideally, get two lengths as well. 5/8" for delts and thighs and 1.5" for glutes.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. You mentioned Smolov.

www.liftwhat.com
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    25g to inject, 18 to draw...
    Agreed. Anything b/ 18 and 22 ga. works well to draw 200 mgs/ml. I like to inject the delts w/ 25 ga. 5/8", but an inch may be safer, to insure you pierce muscle.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

7. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Agreed. Anything b/ 18 and 22 ga. works well to draw 200 mgs/ml. I like to inject the delts w/ 25 ga. 5/8", but an inch may be safer, to insure you pierce muscle.
    Even if it doesn't hit muscle, it'll still absorb 100% within the body.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Then why not just use the 5/8-1" for the glutes too? As opposed to the 1.5".

9. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Then why not just use the 5/8-1" for the glutes too? As opposed to the 1.5".
    There's more fat in the glute than the thigh and delt. The oil is more likely to knot up with a 5/8", but a 1" is fine.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

There's more fat in the glute than the thigh and delt. The oil is more likely to knot up with a 5/8", but a 1" is fine.
    The oil will knot up? What's that mean?

11. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    The oil will knot up? What's that mean?
    Most gear is primarily the carrier oil and, when it's in fat, it'll feel like a knot in the area.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

12. Hell yeah, thanks fella's. I'll get those 2 needle sizes.

Swanson, I don't see the point in starting that strong either, lol. I'm just looking for an extra boost. I don't see the point in adding 30lbs, just to lose it in pct. 6-8lbs post cycle is the amount of weight I'm shooting to add.

13. Yesterday deload:

Box squat below parallel:
    225x2x3
    275x1x3

Deadlift: 405x1x6

Front squat:
    275x2x2
    295x1 (feels exponentially better than my back squat)

Deload today:

15 min stair climber.

Heavy bag work: tweaked my hip while turning over on a hook. Fuark.

Abs

Mobility

14. Sean, thanks for the link bro. How come smolov jr. only shows 3 weeks? I thought it was 4. Is week 4 a deload?

15. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Sean, thanks for the link bro. How come smolov jr. only shows 3 weeks? I thought it was 4. Is week 4 a deload?
    No idea bud
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

16. I was just reading a guy advising people to start their first cycle at 250-300 / week.

I've never ran a cycle so I really don't know but i'm just agreeing with the above posters "less is more" mentality.

Worst case scenario you need more and bump it up..

17. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    For sure. But consistency is important for aromatase control. And if you are going to shoot fat, I would use a really small pin, 27 ga and shoot at belly pinch.
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

18. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    For sure. But consistency is important for aromatase control. And if you are going to shoot fat, I would use a really small pin, 27 ga and shoot at belly pinch.
    You do not want to do that with any oil. That will cause some significant irritation and possibly a sterile abscess in the area. A lot of aromatase activity takes place in the adipose tissue and injecting there could also increase said activity.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

19. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I was just reading a guy advising people to start their first cycle at 250-300 / week.

I've never ran a cycle so I really don't know but i'm just agreeing with the above posters "less is more" mentality.

Worst case scenario you need more and bump it up..
    This would be my precise recommendation. But I am conservative and don't give all that much credence to the boasted theory that you only have one "first" cycle and the body will respond like it never will again. Phooey!
  20. smoker145

Whatever happened to good old protein?

21. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Speaking of, try that PES snicker doodle.

as Hodge twins would say "dem gains right dere man"

22. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145
    I prefer test with my protein
  23. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Speaking of, try that PES snicker doodle. as Hodge twins would say "dem gains right dere man"

Lol idk y everyone likes them so much. They don't squat or dead , and are bro science. Yea they can be funny but ppl follow their advice to the t... It's like a cult of sum sht

24. How old are you CK?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

25. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    How old are you CK?
    I turn 24 in a month. Old as dirt.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
  2. The Plan & My Goal...
    By 01yz426 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 11:55 PM
  3. "In the Zone": (My Focus XT review)