Killn' The Cube: My powerlifting venture begins

Page 57 of 113 First ... 5556575859 ... Last

1. Hell yeah dude, you know how to deadlift, so deadlift! I'd take it easy this week though and grab yourself a nice big squat PR and test yourself on pulls the week after, though.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude
    Hell yeah dude, you know how to deadlift, so deadlift! I'd take it easy this week though and grab yourself a nice big squat PR and test yourself on pulls the week after, though.
    Most definitely man. And I'm never maxing on squats and deads with no time between again. Lol.
    •   

3. Today:

Pendlay rows:
    135x10
    155x10
    185x8
    205x8
    225x8x2

A lot of time between sets. My buddies were maxing out on bench so I provided as much help as I could. Both got 25lb PR's, so they did real well.

Cat back lat pulls: 4 sets to near failure
    x40
    x35
    x30
    x30

DB incline reverse fly SS banded pull aparts: 15/25x4

Banded curl: 15x4

That's all she wrote. Felt really good today. Trained with my buddies, so I knew what I wanted to do. Attack their weakness; AKA upper back/rear delts.

On another note, I weighed 224.4 today. Wtf, I can't believe how much weight I've put on since starting smolov. I've noticed my jeans don't fit the same and my legs are bigger. So, I'm heading in the right direction.

That's all. Pretty long winded for me.

4. Your balls are bigger for running Smolov.

/fact.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52
    Your balls are bigger for running Smolov.

/fact.
    Haha, it was only Jr., so minor ball growth. I'm going to run the full one in the next year tho. I don't want my balls to fit in my Hanes!

6. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Today:

Pendlay rows:
    135x10
    155x10
    185x8
    205x8
    225x8x2

A lot of time between sets. My buddies were maxing out on bench so I provided as much help as I could. Both got 25lb PR's, so they did real well.

Cat back lat pulls: 4 sets to near failure
    x40
    x35
    x30
    x30

DB incline reverse fly SS banded pull aparts: 15/25x4

Banded curl: 15x4

That's all she wrote. Felt really good today. Trained with my buddies, so I knew what I wanted to do. Attack their weakness; AKA upper back/rear delts.

On another note, I weighed 224.4 today. Wtf, I can't believe how much weight I've put on since starting smolov. I've noticed my jeans don't fit the same and my legs are bigger. So, I'm heading in the right direction.

That's all. Pretty long winded for me.

nice Pendlay rows Cincy.

I noticed your legs were looking bigger in that last squat video. (no homo)
    Good ****.

7. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni

nice Pendlay rows Cincy.

I noticed your legs were looking bigger in that last squat video. (no homo)
    Good ****.
    Thanks man!!!!

8. Alright, got my package from EFS today. Includes some mini bands, chalk, T shirt and ammonia caps. I've been dying to sniff some ammonia to see what it's like.

Well, I'm sitting on the John and these caps are eying me down. I say **** it, hold one 2" from my nose and crush it. Holy ****, it about knocked me off the toilet. Nose tork must be insane.

9. you crushed it 2" from your nose? I just crush them then wiff haha easy killer. It's good stuff though, I need to order my nose tork.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

10. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Alright, got my package from EFS today. Includes some mini bands, chalk, T shirt and ammonia caps. I've been dying to sniff some ammonia to see what it's like.

Well, I'm sitting on the John and these caps are eying me down. I say **** it, hold one 2" from my nose and crush it. Holy ****, it about knocked me off the toilet. Nose tork must be insane.
    My first was 20 hours into a 24 hour drive lol.

That **** will wake you up lol.
    •   

11. smoker145

If you have to study late.... Use em

12. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin
    you crushed it 2" from your nose? I just crush them then wiff haha easy killer. It's good stuff though, I need to order my nose tork.
    Yeah, I wanted 100% potency. I now agree with your procedure. I wish EFS had tork!

13. LOL you crack me up. Yeah I think I am gona order some when I order my belt, I think from liftinglarge.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

14. Hard to believe, with all the bull**** I've tried, that I've never employed the Tork.

Do want.

15. Max squat day:

Squat:
    405x1- fastest I've ever moved it in my life.
    425x1 (10lb PR)
    435x1 (20lb PR)

Craziest thing happened on the last rep. I got down into the hole and my upper torso had some forward lean and I was struggling. I shot my hips back under the bar so damn fast. Somehow when I did this the bar slipped off my back into just my hands. I had to ditch it.

So, 435 fell about 4 feet straight onto some pins. Bent the **** out of the bar. I know it wasn't meet legal because of that, but I'm still counting it :P.

Deadlift:
    455x1
    495x1 (fastest rep of my life)
    545x0 stuck 2" off ground

Probably shouldn't have attempted a max DL immediately after a max squat with only 600 calories in me. Oh well, with the way 495 moved I have no doubt PR's are in store.

Overall awesome max day. 20lbs might not seem like a lot, but I'm very happy with it. Also, I know without a doubt my DL is stronger too.

16. The damn video cut off because I have too many videos and nudeys in my phone. Absolute worst timing. The only video I have is of 405 and I've already posted one at that weight.

There was also a crowd in the room when the bar fell. I would have felt more ashamed if I was squatting 135 w/ the pad, 10" high like the rest of them.
  17. smoker145

Sure blame it on the nudeys

18. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145
    Sure blame it on the nudeys
    Lol, it's mostly all these old lifting videos. I just deleted 20 of them.

Also, I hate maxing out on squats solo. Come to think, I've never had a spot on a max squat except Herder.

Edit: I'm going to take a few days off and try for a max pull. I let my ego get the best of me today. I wanted to deadlift so bad since I haven't in a month.

19. Jesus dude, that's a serious session. Nice work!

20. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52
    Jesus dude, that's a serious session. Nice work!
    Thanks man. I was contemplating going for more than 435, but after the mishap I decided it was best to cut my losses.

Excited to get back into almost everyday training and keep building my strength up. Squat finally feels comfortable.

21. 20lbs in what, like six weeks? I'd say ****ing success!
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

22. Quote Originally Posted by rob112
    20lbs in what, like six weeks? I'd say ****ing success!
    Nope, not even 4 weeks, lol. More than anything I think the comfort smolov has brought to my squat will benefit me the most. Now with westside, I'll have the opportunity to hone my technique under heavy weights.

Progress..

23. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Progress..
    One word...yet we fight a daily battle to achieve it.

We're all crazy.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52

One word...yet we fight a daily battle to achieve it.

We're all crazy.
    Without a doubt. Normal people don't wake up with the urge to go torture themselves. Lol.

25. Congrats on the PR man! When did you hit the 415, your old PR?

26. Awesome! Great progress! You'll keep going. 20lbs is a grand PR for four weeks of progress. Now keep owning that weight and let's see some rep PRs! Excited to see the pulls improve, too.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

27. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin
    Congrats on the PR man! When did you hit the 415, your old PR?
    Thanks, I need to keep them coming now.

Right after I finished my first westside cycle. So, directly before smolov Jr.

28. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude
    Awesome! Great progress! You'll keep going. 20lbs is a grand PR for four weeks of progress. Now keep owning that weight and let's see some rep PRs! Excited to see the pulls improve, too.
    Thanks man. You're the one that turned me onto it.

My buddy that came with me to your meet did jr with me. He had a 285 bench and a 235 squat, so he needed a lot of work. Today he hit 295. 60lb PR in less than a month. LOL.

29. Congrats Cincy. That's a big accomplishment in such a short amount of time. You seriously have me contemplating running a full Smolov cycle. Keep it up dude!!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    Congrats Cincy. That's a big accomplishment in such a short amount of time. You seriously have me contemplating running a full Smolov cycle. Keep it up dude!!
    Appreciate it man.

For your squat? That would be insane. I've seen a bunch of testimonies and people are complaining that they only added 45lbs to their squat in 13 weeks. Lol. The person I'm referring to started with a low 5 squat too. So, he wasn't weak beforehand.

Edit: but not a squat master like yourself.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 02:34 PM
  2. The Plan & My Goal...
    By 01yz426 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 12:55 AM
  3. "In the Zone": (My Focus XT review)
    By motiv8er in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 03:46 PM
  4. Just enjoyed my first venture out of the house