Killn' The Cube: My powerlifting venture begins

Page 56 of 137 First ... 5455565758 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

I learned boxing primarily from my dad (ex golden glove boxer), so that's what I took with me to MMA (mostly striking at the gym I trained at).

I don't do ground game lol.
    Golden Gloves is an amazing tournament. Ground games so important tho. If I get taken down I'll look like a turtle on its back, lol.

2. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

Golden Gloves is an amazing tournament. Ground games so important tho. If I get taken down I'll look like a turtle on its back, lol.
    Well, I weighed a whopping 140# at 5'8"-5'9" when I did it.

Luckily, I was pretty strong from all of the lifting I did for football so a lot of times I could out muscle my way off the ground.

But, outside of that I was screwed. Especially if they were good, cuz then I'd get tired lol.
    •   

3. Oh yeah, when they fall face down they aren't getting back up lol.

4. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

Well, I weighed a whopping 140# at 5'8"-5'9" when I did it.

Luckily, I was pretty strong from all of the lifting I did for football so a lot of times I could out muscle my way off the ground.

But, outside of that I was screwed. Especially if they were good, cuz then I'd get tired lol.
    Haha, I know dude that's the thing. People who know what they're doing will dominate you every time, irregardless of size.

I use to wrestle state qualified wrestlers in high school just to get my ass beat. I weighed 200 they weighed 130-150 and every time they would single leg me and control me to where I couldn't get up. They never pinned me, cuz my hips were a lot stronger, but my ass never got up once.

5. Lol my heavy bag is sitting outside asking me to come visit. I stopped doing MMA as much now that I'm more serious about training... too many little injuries here and there to be risking it.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin
    Lol my heavy bag is sitting outside asking me to come visit. I stopped doing MMA as much now that I'm more serious about training... too many little injuries here and there to be risking it.
    Hitting the heavy bag outside in the cold sounds awful.

It's worth it to me. I'm not plannin on being no UFC star, lol. Just knowing how to triangle a MF'er if need be sounds appealing to me. I'm confident in my hands, but dat der ground game..

7. Yeah, garage is semi cold right now hahaha. I know a good bit but I'm rusty now. knew all the basic chokes and variations, lots of take downs, different holds, triangles, arm bars, peruvian neck tie, omoplata (spelling?), basic striking from boxing to MT. Haven't messed around w/ it since last year though, I still have a few buddies who train or fight. It's just fun to know and practice, but yeah no MMA career for me. Sure, I could train for it, but, you can't do everything. I think being a PT and powerlifting and building a jeep/offroading and having a family will keep me pretty busy.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

8. It's great to have a vision for what you want man. You're a worker, so you'll get there.

I just want the comfort of knowing I can handle my own on the ground if need be. No Anderson Silva aspirations here.

9. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    It's great to have a vision for what you want man. You're a worker, so you'll get there.

I just want the comfort of knowing I can handle my own on the ground if need be. No Anderson Silva aspirations here.
    I want the comfort of knowing I'm so big that no one will ever try to fight me.

10. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

I want the comfort of knowing I'm so big that no one will ever try to fight me.
    Haha, at SHW status you can sit on them. Nobody picks a fight with someone that has Rikishi capabilities.

Name:  image-2660171685.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  126.1 KB

11. Haha I just mean I would be way to busy to pursue it, even as a serious hobby. I have learned enough to serve me in a fight w/ joe schmo, but against a well trained fighter I'd have no chance I'm sure other that brute strength. Anderson Silva is something else... haha. If you were local I could hook you up w/ some guys to teach you some stuff.

12. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin
    Haha I just mean I would be way to busy to pursue it, even as a serious hobby. I have learned enough to serve me in a fight w/ joe schmo, but against a well trained fighter I'd have no chance I'm sure other that brute strength. Anderson Silva is something else... haha. If you were local I could hook you up w/ some guys to teach you some stuff.
    The issues not the lack of training facilities. There's two very good ones in close proximity. Jorge Gurgels gym is only 20 min away. I believe Rich Franklin still teaches classes.

It's a lack of time and money. As soon as I have enough of both I plan on starting. And I won't have enough of both for the foreseeable future, lol.

13. Week 11: conjugate- Deload

Deadlift: 2x8- 275+2 average bands

I had an aha moment today. I've been keeping the bar too far away from my body, killing my leverages.

Squat: 1x6- 135+2 60lb chains

Stiffy leg deadlifts: 6x3- 315

Bulgarian SS- 8x3- 25's

Today's the first day I've been able to do these without extreme hip pain. Good sign.

Leg extensions: 15x3- 100

Reverse hypers: 20x3- BW

Cable crunches:
    160x30
    180x20
    200x15

Banded DB side bends: 15x3- 35's+average band

Not a bad day. I was gassin easily, but got through it. Hip is on the up and up. Smolov, I'll see you soon.

14. Week 11- deload

Bench:
    225x3x3
    185x3x3

225 was feeling a little slow, so I backed down.

OHP:
    135x8
    165x1
    185x1
    205x1
    225x1

Just wanted to see where I'm at. Note: I'd be lying if I said I didn't use a little leg drive on two and a quarter.

Cat back SS leaning DB side raises: phuck ton

Banded tri extension: 20x3

Preacher curl (rest pause):until the cows came home

SGHP: my traps are going to hurt tmrw

Treadmill walk 10 min

Stair climber: 8 min-30 flights-I need to move my ass more

Yeep. Tmrw I'm gonna watch Justin PR on all 3 lifts and do some mobility.

15. Sick OHP, dude.

What's the plan for after the deload?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    Sick OHP, dude.

What's the plan for after the deload?
    Deload another week to let the hip heal. Run smolov JR 4 weeks. Deload again. Run a program (still undecided). Run 12 weeks of test while doing that. Get strong and huge. Kill meet. Lather rinse repeat.

17. That's a deload on OHP?!?! WOW. Impressed.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

18. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie
    That's a deload on OHP?!?! WOW. Impressed.
    Hahah, no, I wish. My buddies maxed out OHP yesterday and it got me thinking where I'm at personally. I have another deload week coming up, unfortunately, so if I have the mental ability, I'll keep the weights in the lower percentile.

With that being said; good to have you here.

19. Dude, are you gonna stick w conjugate? It was real good to you, you're a lot stronger than in the summer...

20. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Deload another week to let the hip heal. Run smolov JR 4 weeks. Deload again. Run a program (still undecided). Run 12 weeks of test while doing that. Get strong and huge. Kill meet. Lather rinse repeat.
    What's your plan for test? Ester, inj protocol, etc?
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

21. Quote Originally Posted by napalm
    Dude, are you gonna stick w conjugate? It was real good to you, you're a lot stronger than in the summer...
    I'm leaning towards it without a doubt. Best gains of my life stemmed from it. Also, I just now feel like I'm grasping it and learning how to apply it for my specific needs.

Test+Conjugate. Book it.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52

What's your plan for test? Ester, inj protocol, etc?
    500mg Test E a week. 2/week injections. Still need to figure out gauge of needle to use.

23. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    500mg Test E a week. 2/week injections. Still need to figure out gauge of needle to use.
    25g to inject, 18 to draw...

24. Quote Originally Posted by napalm
    25g to inject, 18 to draw...
    **** it. I don't want to live anyways.

25. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    **** it. I don't want to live anyways.
    Buck up sparky, you'll have a perpetual boner on 500/week..
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 02:34 PM
  2. The Plan & My Goal...
    By 01yz426 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 12:55 AM
  3. "In the Zone": (My Focus XT review)
    By motiv8er in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 03:46 PM