Killn' The Cube: My powerlifting venture begins

Page 56 of 113 First ... 5455565758 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Hell yeah. I have very flat feet, so I think I stand to benefit from a good pair. They'll last me forever, so it's not too bad. Do most big squatters use oly shoes?
    I wouldn't say most. A lot of big squatters do. Most Euroean and Russian guys are in Oly shoes from videos I see, even single ply guys. A lot of big squatters are flat soled too, though.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332

I wouldn't say most. A lot of big squatters do. Most Euroean and Russian guys are in Oly shoes from videos I see, even single ply guys. A lot of big squatters are flat soled too, though.
    Hmm, ok.

What to do, what to do.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Hmm, ok. What to do, what to do.
    Buy cheap ones first?
    [email protected]

4. Chucks or oly shoes. I like both. Easier to sit back with a flat foot for me, but more power from the oly shoes once I got comfy. The Rom IIs are nice, a friend just got them. I like the PL 2.0s I got, you could spring for them for around 90 bucks to give an oly shoe a try. Also you have the Adipowers to look at as well. And do-wins
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

5. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332

Buy cheap ones first?
    Yeah, that's my best bet. I'll check some more out. It's hard to find a decent pair under 130, lol.

6. Adidas Powerlift 2.0 or power trainers. http://www.roguefitness.com/catalogs...as%20powerlift
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

7. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin
    Chucks or oly shoes. I like both. Easier to sit back with a flat foot for me, but more power from the oly shoes once I got comfy. The Rom IIs are nice, a friend just got them. I like the PL 2.0s I got, you could spring for them for around 90 bucks to give an oly shoe a try. Also you have the Adipowers to look at as well. And do-wins
    90 bucks sounds good, ha!

Yeah, I saw a review comparing the adipowers and romaleos and the guy sounded like he preferred the romaleos. The price is basically the same and I like the look of the romaleos better, so that's why I was leaning towards them.

I'll just get a cheap pair and see how it goes. No sense in buying a $200 pair of oly shoes if you've never tried them.

8. I have the PL 2.0s and like them a lot. I think it really comes down to personal preference for the shoes and the build etc which one you like the best. Anything will probably be better than what you have now.

9. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Yeah, that's my best bet. I'll check some more out. It's hard to find a decent pair under 130, lol.
    I rock VS athletics. Paid maybe 70? Against Faster and Risto sell some too

I want new shoes tho
    [email protected]

10. Straight from nike frees to adipowers checking in.

I don't plan to buy new shoes again until new models come out way down the road...my shoes feel like heaven now.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    •   

11. I like my Pendlay Do-Wins. Less aggressive heel than most Oly shoes, sturdy, and they lend themselves to my quad squatting.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

12. Smolov: Week 3- Day 4

Squats: 10 sets of 3- 345

Today was the most challenging squat day of my life. From set 1 to set 10 it took everything I had physically and mentally to do the reps. I'd say it was harder than the 50 rep set of oly squats.

Much of this is due to the fact I squatted heavy yesterday as well. My legs weren't sore, but felt very heavy.

Overall, Smolov Jr is the ****. I'm sad it's over because I've come to love squats. But, I must remember: it's not goodbye to Smolov, it's see you later.
  13. smoker145

Wow 10 sets of 3. Awesome bromo

14. Went to a buffet right after:

5 medium sized pieces of steak, 1 huge cut of roast beef, 1 piece of meatloaf, 2 hefty servings of mashed potatoes, 1 roll, Mac and cheese, nachos and cheese and a piece of blueberry pie.

I think I could hibernate for 20 hours.
  15. smoker145

Jimmy buffet!!

Hell yea man!

Enough is never enough

16. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Went to a buffet right after:

5 medium sized pieces of steak, 1 huge cut of roast beef, 1 piece of meatloaf, 2 hefty servings of mashed potatoes, 1 roll, Mac and cheese, nachos and cheese and a piece of blueberry pie.

I think I could hibernate for 20 hours.
    congrats, that's about 6k calories at a buffet!

17. Quote Originally Posted by napalm

congrats, that's about 6k calories at a buffet!
    Thanks, this is a big moment in my life. This moment stands directly between being born and receiving a college scholarship.

I'm not looking forward to the 6k cal bowel movement. I just threw in a fat dip so she's comin'.

18. Upper:

Bench: 3x3-275

Felt blah on these. My CNS is still probably taxed.

Lilly press 5":
    155x60#chainsx1x5

Standing press:
    115x15
    115x12
    115x8

Triceps have poor work capacity. I'll be addressing this shortly.

Grip work AKA shrugs: 135x25x3

Tate press (rest pause): 25/12/10- 35's

All I had time for. I owe myself a lot of back work tmrw. Prolly throw in some curls for the cougs and what not.
  19. smoker145

Shrugs always find their way home.

275 x3 is nice my man

20. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145
    Shrugs always find their way home.

275 x3 is nice my man
    Nah, I just did them cpt Kirk style for the grip work mostly.

Eh, I'm a lot stronger than 275x3.
  21. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Nah, I just did them cpt Kirk style for the grip work mostly. Eh, I'm a lot stronger than 275x3.
    What's your max bench right now?

22. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145

What's your max bench right now?
    I put up 355 w/ terrible form about 4 months ago.

I'm guessing around 335 now w/ strict form.
  23. smoker145

Damn man. Good ****.
  24. smoker145

What are you on now since you finished somolov

25. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145
    What are you on now since you finished somolov
    "Deload".

I'm maxing out my squat Thursday or Friday. Going for a big PR, then another mini deload and back to Westside. I've got a solid plan set forth, I'm going to get stronger in every aspect.

Question fellas:

Would it be wise to try to pull a max PR on deadlifts after not doing it for a month? I pulled sumo once during smolov just to show a buddy of mine and I felt STRONG.

26. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

"Deload".

I'm maxing out my squat Thursday or Friday. Going for a big PR, then another mini deload and back to Westside. I've got a solid plan set forth, I'm going to get stronger in every aspect.

Question fellas:

Would it be wise to try to pull a max PR on deadlifts after not doing it for a month? I pulled sumo once during smolov just to show a buddy of mine and I felt STRONG.
    I don't see why it would be an issue. Obviously you would be able to tell if your technique was off long before you got to heavy weights and would be able to tell if it was going to be there or not.

27. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

I don't see why it would be an issue. Obviously you would be able to tell if your technique was off long before you got to heavy weights and would be able to tell if it was going to be there or not.
    Word, I'll play it by ear. I'll know by 455 if I should attempt anything over 525 (PR).

Also Jim, got the formasurge in the mail today. Damn that was quick. I'm going to hop on it when my training resumes to normal. It's probably going to be a week or so. Just a friendly heads up.

28. Agreed with Jimbo.

And sumo felt strong? or you felt strong in general?
    [email protected]

29. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    Agreed with Jimbo.

And sumo felt strong? or you felt strong in general?
    Well, I can't gauge how convo would have felt, but sumo felt very strong.

Funny thing is, when I started DL'ing I pulled sumo exclusively. I've been thinking this past week that sumo would be my strongest position. Going to find out, but damn I love convo for some reason.

30. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

Word, I'll play it by ear. I'll know by 455 if I should attempt anything over 525 (PR).

Also Jim, got the formasurge in the mail today. Damn that was quick. I'm going to hop on it when my training resumes to normal. It's probably going to be a week or so. Just a friendly heads up.
    Sounds good man, I hope you like it!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 02:34 PM
  2. The Plan & My Goal...
    By 01yz426 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 12:55 AM
  3. "In the Zone": (My Focus XT review)
    By motiv8er in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 03:46 PM