Killn' The Cube: My powerlifting venture begins

Page 14 of 113 First ... 1213141516 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    It says, "all candidates must be journalism major", guess that disqualifies me. Not that I won't try still.
    I was an English education major for a semester? Let me know when a warehouse op opens up. I killed it at FedEx!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude

I was an English education major for a semester? Let me know when a warehouse op opens up. I killed it at FedEx!
    Haha. I'm going to lie and say I'm a journalism major. Hell, I'm about to graduate, but I'll switch my major so I can train there for a few months. Seems like it's worth it.
    •   

3. If one of us gets it, 1) I will sh1t my pants, 2) if you do I'm going to try and train with you there.

4. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

Haha. I'm going to lie and say I'm a journalism major. Hell, I'm about to graduate, but I'll switch my major so I can train there for a few months. Seems like it's worth it.
    Ah, hell. Business, journalism. Just switch some classes around and sign up for another year of student loans. That won't fu(k you over one bit.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

5. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude

Ah, hell. Business, journalism. Just switch some classes around and sign up for another year of student loans. That won't fu(k you over one bit.
    Exactly. All in the name of swoleness.

6. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

I'm hearing a lot of whining in the group recently. I did the same work when I weighed 145 pounds and still lifted, and loved that job.
    Are you saying you don't weigh 145 any more?

Haha, just kidding Jim

7. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

Are you saying you don't weigh 145 any more?

Haha, just kidding Jim
    I wish! My total would be much more impressive if I weighed 40 less pounds lol.

8. Week 4: Day 1- Heavy squat

Squat: 2x3-
    315x2
    335x2
    355x2 (PR)

I've got videos of all 3 sets to upload.

Low box zercher squats w/ chains: 5x3
    95+ 2 60# chainsx5
    115+ 2 60# chainsx5
    95+ 2 60# chainsx5 (form felt like it was slipping on previous set, so I lowered the weight to make sure I was sitting back properly).

Squat walk outs: 405x3

I just wanted to get a feel for 405 on my back so I can smash it.

Single leg leg press SS reverse hyper: 12/25- 100/BW

Tractor tire flip: 10 flips=1 set- 3 sets

Great day today. I can see a 405 lb squat in my near future. I've actually got some videos to upload today. I can see some things I can work on, but overall very pleased w/ today's session.

9. Solid squat man! Nice.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

10. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin
    Solid squat man! Nice.
    Thanks man. Narrowing my stance has added a good 40lbs.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

Thanks man. Narrowing my stance has added a good 40lbs.
    That's all it took! Haha

Awesome squatting brother!
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

12. I widened mine and feel a lot better now. Still not "wide" by any means but just past shoulder width. I feel I can sit back easier. I want to see your videos/setup.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

13. Zercher squat:
    http://youtu.be/-B001uRUfhY

Partner didn't turn the phone sideways unfortunately. Knees shot forward a little more than I'd like, but if I sit back too far that's when my chest caves. The zercher squats were tough, really made me engage my core.

14. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I widened mine and feel a lot better now. Still not "wide" by any means but just past shoulder width. I feel I can sit back easier. I want to see your videos/setup.
    I widened mine back out and am much stronger and way more comfortable that way.

15. You guys think I got depth on the 2nd rep of 355? I'm thinking I got it by a kunt hair.

16. Not loadin for some reason on my phone. I'll try again in a bit.

335 was viewable though.You definetly hit depth man. Id work on keeping your lower back more flat, you had a slight round. Also work on your butt dip. Try doing an overhead squat with a broomstick or something, it won't dip. And craning your neck. Keep up the work tho man
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

17. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    You guys think I got depth on the 2nd rep of 355? I'm thinking I got it by a kunt hair.
    got it easy...

18. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    Not loadin for some reason on my phone. I'll try again in a bit.

335 was viewable though.You definetly hit depth man. Id work on keeping your lower back more flat, you had a slight round. Also work on your butt dip. Try doing an overhead squat with a broomstick or something, it won't dip. And craning your neck. Keep up the work tho man
    Thanks. I try to arch my back, but I'm thinking I lose the tightness after the first rep. Butt dip is coming from the bounce out of the hole for sure. I'll try the overhead broom stick squat, hell I might start OH squatting period. I've never before, so It'd be a good challenge.

Is there any tips for sitting back and still keeping your chest up. I have yet to fail a squat due to leg strength. Every single time it's from getting toppled. Maybe poor spine mobility contributes?

Edit: also remember watching something about how it could be due to trying to drive forward instead of straight up. Hmm I'll keep that in mind for some light oly squats Friday.

19. Quote Originally Posted by napalm

got it easy...
    Thanks napalm. Didn't know you were here.

20. i'm everywhere..bwahahahahaha...

21. Quote Originally Posted by napalm
    i'm everywhere..bwahahahahaha...

Name:  image-3503013008.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  174.2 KB

Sorry, had too.

22. I think you hit depth as well. I think the downward angle makes it harder to tell, but if I were a betting man I'd say you got it.

Solid work man
    Training Log

23. Week 4: back/bi

Pendlay Row:
    135x10
    165x8
    185x8
    205x8

Cat back pulls: 15x4- Heavy EFS band

Low cable row: 20x3- 130

Reverse incline DB fly: 12x3- 20

Banded curl: 12x4

Single arm Preacher DB curl w/ twist: 20x3

Calves: DC style

Good quick workout. Trainer committed on how much thicker I have gotten in 18 months. I started out at 190, running 5-7 miles daily. Now, I'm 212, waay stronger, and can't run 3 miles. Lol. I've come a long way in my strength quest.

24. Week 4: Day 2: explosive bench

BB bench: 2x6- 225

Didn't get a video, but speed was great. I sped up my eccentric, like you guys told Sean, let the bar sink into my chest, and exploded that phucker up. Felt strong and fast. I was doing about 30 sec between sets, then a guy asked me to spot him on my 4th, so the last two took longer. I'm not going to leave someone hanging.

BB bench w/ chains:
    (The weights include 2 60# chains)
    215x6
    255x6
    265x6
    275x6

Felt strong today, so I opted for something a little heavy. All weights used include a pause on chest. Probably a paused PR.

Standing DB OH press:
    50x8
    60x8x3

Tate press:
    30x10
    35x8
    40x8x2

DB fly (Rest pause): 35's
    22/8/8

These were brutal. At the end I did the DC extreme chest stretch. Wish I could have snapped a pic of my pain face, ha.

Banded press downs: onx mini-
    X30
    X30
    X30

That concluded today's workout. Best bench day in a while. I never chase the pump, but my arms were FULL of blood. Going to eat so much damn food now.

25. Nice workout and solid volume. Looking strong.

I'd never leave a bro hanging for a spot either...that's just good etiquette
    Training Log

26. Quote Originally Posted by rob112
    Nice workout and solid volume. Looking strong.

I'd never leave a bro hanging for a spot either...that's just good etiquette
    Thanks, and for sure. If I knew he was going to straddle the only bench and do BB curls later I might have thought otherwise, but hopefully I get some good karma. Lol.

27. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

Thanks, and for sure. If I knew he was going to straddle the only bench and do BB curls later I might have thought otherwise, but hopefully I get some good karma. Lol.
    Ahh, some guys think every piece of equipment is for biceps lol
    Training Log

28. Quote Originally Posted by rob112

Ahh, some guys think every piece of equipment is for biceps lol
    No doubt. His upper body is yoked and I can tell he doesn't train legs. He saw me front squat 275x2 and kept commenting on how much weight it was. If he saw some dudes on here squat I think he would go full erect. I'm going to try and edumacate him on well balanced training.

29. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

No doubt. His upper body is yoked and I can tell he doesn't train legs. He saw me front squat 275x2 and kept commenting on how much weight it was. If he saw some dudes on here squat I think he would go full erect. I'm going to try and edumacate him on well balanced training.
    One of us, one of us....

I never got the non-leg training thing.
    Training Log

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 02:34 PM
  2. The Plan & My Goal...
    By 01yz426 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 12:55 AM