Danb's Mountain Dog and everything else log

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Figured I might as well jump on the log train and get one going in here. This is my 2nd run with MD style training...kind of. Never made it to phase 3 last run i just did phase 2 for like 10 weeks haha. Will update this thread later with supps diet and lifts. This will be a full out cutting log. I just had a minute while i was waiting on the wife to get out of the tanning bed at the gym so I figured I'd get this started.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Figured I might as well jump on the log train and get one going in here. This is my 2nd run with MD style training...kind of. Never made it to phase 3 last run i just did phase 2 for like 10 weeks haha. Will update this thread later with supps diet and lifts. This will be a full out cutting log. I just had a minute while i was waiting on the wife to get out of the tanning bed at the gym so I figured I'd get this started.

First!

You actually hire John or is this a generic routine pasted somewhere? Definitely going to follow since I'm very close to hiring John or Shelby

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in bud.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Meadows FTW

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In it danbeezy!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First!

You actually hire John or is this a generic routine pasted somewhere? Definitely going to follow since I'm very close to hiring John or Shelby
Thanks bud. This is set-up around the workouts and articles on T-nation wrote out by John. There's links floating around here if you'd like to check it out. It's pretty informational.

I'm in bud.
Can't have a MD log without breezy! Thanks for following man. I'm sure once I get to phase 3 ill have 100 questions for you haha.

Meadows FTW
This^^
MD taking over AM lol
It def. is getting pretty popular. I think I remember someone saying Frank Reynolds was the one who brought it to AM lol
In it danbeezy!
Hell yeah thanks brosif!

So I'm 4 weeks in working with my diet coach and I think we're starting to finally figure something out. I haven't dropped any weight yet I've actually gained a pound But I'm also 3 weeks into a cycle so it's kind of hard to gauge where I'm actually at. I do know that at this time last cycle I was up 13 lbs already so we must be doing something right thus far. I do have some progress pics from day 1 until now ill try and get up soon. Here's today's workout. This is the first time I've ever really committed to not worrying about strength. Actually considering lowering my test dose since I'm just using it to preserve muscle mass really since I'm in a deficit.

Week 1
Day 1

Chest & Shoulders
Supps-

PWO 1 scoop muscle marinade
Intra- 2 scoops MBCAA

DB twist press (no incline 45 sec rest)
60-10
70-10
70-10

Incline MD BB press (45 sec rest)
135-12
135-12
135-12
165-8
165-8
155-8
155-8

Chest dips 30 sec rest

Flat BB bench ( 3 second negative 2 seconds in the hole 45 sec rest)
165-6
185-6
195-6
195-4

Partial lat raises 30 sec rest
20-35
15-35
15-35
15-35

Reverse peck deck 1 min rest
55-35
55-32
45-30
45-28

Destroyer set incline rear delt flys no rest
30-40
20-20
15-30
15-20
10-20

Was absolute toast after this. Arms and cardio tomorrow.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Diet numbers for today

2300 cals

image-1178527848.jpg

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Subbed - Get it bro!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 1
Day 2

Went in and hit arms today. Smashed Bi's but I may add more Tri work next week. That's the only thing I don't care for with MD it seems like (especially during phase 1) that certain muscles get worked as much as others. For example shoulders seem to really focus on rear delt work, Arm days seem to work Bi's a lot more and legs really focus on hamstring work and not very much quad work. Unless I'm just not following it right. Any way here's the numbers from today. Will update later with diet stuff for the day.

Supps
PWO- 2 scoops enhanced
Intra- 2 scoops MBCAA + 6 grams Citrulline Malate

Arms
Cross body DB curl 30 sec rest
25-10
25-10
25-10
40-10
40-10
35-10

EZ bar preacher 30 sec rest weight now including bar
70-8
70-8
70-8

EZ bar 3 second negative curl weight not including bar 30 sec rest
50-8
50-8

Rope push downs 30 sec rest
60-12
70-12
60-12
60-12

Close grip press to chin (kind of like a skull crush/press mix) superset with BB curls
75-12/12
85-12/8
85-10/6

Ez bar incline ext's
65-15
65-15
65-10

30 mins cardio sprints/incline walk 425 cals burned

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Week 1
Day 2

Went in and hit arms today. Smashed Bi's but I may add more Tri work next week. That's the only thing I don't care for with MD it seems like (especially during phase 1) that certain muscles get worked as much as others. For example shoulders seem to really focus on rear delt work, Arm days seem to work Bi's a lot more and legs really focus on hamstring work and not very much quad work. Unless I'm just not following it right. Any way here's the numbers from today. Will update later with diet stuff for the day.

Supps
PWO- 2 scoops enhanced
Intra- 2 scoops MBCAA + 6 grams Citrulline Malate

Arms
Cross body DB curl 30 sec rest
25-10
25-10
25-10
40-10
40-10
35-10

EZ bar preacher 30 sec rest weight now including bar
70-8
70-8
70-8

EZ bar 3 second negative curl weight not including bar 30 sec rest
50-8
50-8

Rope push downs 30 sec rest
60-12
70-12
60-12
60-12

Close grip press to chin (kind of like a skull crush/press mix) superset with BB curls
75-12/12
85-12/8
85-10/6

Ez bar incline ext's
65-15
65-15
65-10

30 mins cardio sprints/incline walk 425 cals burned
The close grip variation is what's known as the JM press

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love JM presses! I have to do them with the EZ bar because the Oly bar kills my elbows for some reason.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I love JM presses! I have to do them with the EZ bar because the Oly bar kills my elbows for some reason.
That's how I do them as well. I get weird looks putting 2 45's + per side on an ez bar. Gotta love it

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's how I do them as well. I get weird looks putting 2 45's + per side on an ez bar. Gotta love it
Once you find the groove with this exercise it is pure tricep heaven...let the haters envy!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha I'm the complete opposite. Anything with the ez bar for tri's kill my elbows. I think I'm gonna sub the EZ bar incline EXT's for DB French press.

Once you find the groove with this exercise it is pure tricep heaven...let the haters envy!
Agreed.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's some progress/Beginning of MD nudes. The first set is from my first day with my diet coach and the last set is from this morning. The only measurements I took was around my waist at my belly button. So far I'm down almost 2 inches so far which isn't bad but I wish I would have made better progress thus far anyway here's the pics.

April 11th

image-2213230622.jpg

image-1151838912.jpg

May 7th

image-3861129436.jpg

image-3498886011.jpg

Ill probably do another set of pics and measurements in 2-3 weeks. I may also start doing BF% checks. I have a pair of calipers but I can never get an accurate or consistent reading so I don't use them.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking leaner and more cut up brotato. Nice work thus far!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here buddy!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking leaner and more cut up brotato. Nice work thus far!
Thanks buddy. I've been busting my butt in the kitchen and the gym. Kinda disappointed with the results so far I feel like I should be leaner but oh well I guess nothing I can do about it except keep killin it. 11 weeks out to Jamaica mon ;)
Here buddy!
Thanks for joining bud!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks good, can definitely see you have already made some good progress.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks good, can definitely see you have already made some good progress.
Thanks brother Kleen! Glad you made it here. You know what they say we're our own worst critic though haha

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the good ones are, anyway ;)
so you lost 2" so far man? wow that's pretty mean
stay on track, let's see what you can do here dan
Thanks brotha. That's what the tape says anyway. Doing the measurements myself its kind of hard to tell but I take them like 5 times in a row to make sure I get it to repeat. Doesn't quite feel like 2" but I can tell clothes are fitting more loosely so that's a plus.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The work is paying off Db! Stay with it and the rewards will keep coming.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The work is paying off Db! Stay with it and the rewards will keep coming.
Thanks bud. Def. don't plan on stopping anytime soon. This is just the beginning to great things to come

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killin it bro!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Great progress man! Keep on it -

Nice avi too -

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't know man looking at your pictures I see the 2 inches, the difference is pretty obvious to me.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ugh everyone around me is getting sick! Trying like hell not to catch anything but went to bed with fever/chills last night and woke up completely drenched in sweat this morning! Dont feel sick just a little achey and ran down all day. My wife and son both have bronchitis and 3 guys at work have the flu. Went in and hit back this morning wasnt really feeling it but figured I better get my ass in gear and go. Had a pretty decent session. Legs either tomorrow or Saturday.

PWO-2 scoops condense
Intra-water
Post- 2 scoops MBCAA, 6g citrulline malate,5g creatine mono

Back
Single arm BB rows 25# plates for deeper stretch 30 sec rest
70-12
95-10
95-8
95-10

DB dead stop rows 30 sec rest
90-10
90-10
100-8

NG pull down partials holding for 2 seconds at eye level 30 second rest
140-8
140-8
140-8

MD style DB pullovers
50-8
50-8

DB shrugs 1 sec hold at top
70-12
70-12
70-8

Hit up 15 mins of LIIS cardio burning 180 cals. Not a lot but better than nothing.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gettin' work done big man...not every day can be a PR fest.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid session man. Nice job getting in the gym after not feeling well.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Good lifts!

I totally hear ya - I've been hacking, coughing, sneezing, etc for at least 2 weeks now... Hoping it clears up soon - yesterday I was out for the night by 7pm (unless you count waking up on the couch & moving to bed @11pm)

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gettin' work done big man...not every day can be a PR fest.
Thanks bud. Wish I coulda got more cardio in but it was a struggle getting the little bit I did lol may have a just cardio day in the next couple days.

Solid session man. Nice job getting in the gym after not feeling well.
Thanks big guy. I tried stretchers again today too... Still don't get it lol
Good lifts!

I totally hear ya - I've been hacking, coughing, sneezing, etc for at least 2 weeks now... Hoping it clears up soon - yesterday I was out for the night by 7pm (unless you count waking up on the couch & moving to bed @11pm)
Haha I got home from work last night and sat on the couch for like a half hour and the longer I sat there the stiffer i got. Could hardly walk to bed lol. Talk About feeling rough

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks big guy. I tried stretchers again today too... Still don't get it lol
Hmm. Are you using the same pulldown machine every time? I can't get a full stretch without the weight bottoming out on some.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm. Are you using the same pulldown machine every time? I can't get a full stretch without the weight bottoming out on some.
Yeah I dunno what's wrong. I remember ditching them last time because I couldn't get a good stretch on them. I dunno if my arms are too long or if the pull down machine is too short or what lol. I'm gonna check out the video and description again and try to figure it out.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I dunno what's wrong. I remember ditching them last time because I couldn't get a good stretch on them. I dunno if my arms are too long or if the pull down machine is too short or what lol. I'm gonna check out the video and description again and try to figure it out.
Meadows isn't very tall, so I believe it's easier for him to pull off. I have to keep my back foot further away from the machine to get a good stretch. However, with some machines it still doesn't work out right.

Here's the first time I tried them. I had the weight bottom out a couple of times, but it's not a horrible example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpI_N_A294Y

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember bro, any time you're having a crappy day think "hey, at least my car didn't spontaneously combust!"

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Remember bro, any time you're having a crappy day think "hey, at least my car didn't spontaneously combust!"
Lol go on...

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
That's what happened to me at 0330 today.

Incredibly unfortunate, but at least I got out of my detail (silver lining bro)
You lit your car on fire to get out of a detail? I shoulda done that to get out of picking up cigarette butts around cq back in the day..

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's what happened to me at 0330 today.

Incredibly unfortunate, but at least I got out of my detail (silver lining bro)
Damn dude! That's nuts. Luckily no one got hurt. Damn buicks

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You lit your car on fire to get out of a detail? I shoulda done that to get out of picking up cigarette butts around cq back in the day..
Right? If only I had full coverage and it might have been worth it.

#poorpeopleproblems