15' LISS treadmill
    Prowler +90 50'x4~big strides, nice easy pace
    Prowler +90 50'x6~Forward drag, again nice easy pace
    15' LISS treadmill
    10' LISS recumbent bike
    Hot tub
    Massage
    Chiro

Nice, relaxing morning workout. I'll hit it hard tonight.
    Get after it big boy. Wish my gym had a prowler.

2. Swanson-Cube Method to July Comp

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Get after it big boy. Wish my gym had a prowler.
    I'm pretty lucky; when I moved here the gym was just starting to expand, so I was able to get in the owner's ear and suggest some stuff. I have my own prowler & tires to flip as well, just easier to hit it at the gym with cardio & hot tub.

I talked to him today, and he's thrilled to possibly host a PL comp, I'm building a DL platform for him, and we're picking out specialty bars.

Dude is a meathead at heart, and the manager is too so it's pretty good for me. Still haven't used the 250# DB yet though.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
    •   

3. Texas power bar!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Texas power bar!
    SSB & Swiss are first, but I agree. Texas Power Bar is badass.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52

I'm pretty lucky; when I moved here the gym was just starting to expand, so I was able to get in the owner's ear and suggest some stuff. I have my own prowler & tires to flip as well, just easier to hit it at the gym with cardio & hot tub.

I talked to him today, and he's thrilled to possibly host a PL comp, I'm building a DL platform for him, and we're picking out specialty bars.

Dude is a meathead at heart, and the manager is too so it's pretty good for me. Still haven't used the 250# DB yet though.
    Yeah you're lucky. 250# DB? That's crazy. I'm thankful ours goes to 120#.

We don't have a platform, no specialty bars, one power rack, and my DA owner decided to take 1 of the 2 benches out of the place, so he could add in a rowing machine. Needless to say, I'd like to nut punch him. Also, 1/4 of the gym is comprised of a room full of mirrors, so the patrons can strap on mankini's and flex. It's beyond me why they don't cut that in half, add a platform and another power rack.

Only reason I stay is because the gym is literally one block away from my house and 90% of the people are dedicated and respectful. Well, the 3 Bengals cheerleaders don't hurt either.

/rant. I feel better now.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Texas power bar!
    Texas power bar is magic. You can practically hyperextend from a standing position, no hands on the bar, and it'll still cling to your back.

But yeah, SSB > Texas bar if you don't have an SSB already.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

7. I'm pretty confused by my body right now; Shelby made some carb intake changes, belly is down ~.25"...

Just weighed 299. W. T. F.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I'm pretty confused by my body right now; Shelby made some carb intake changes, belly is down ~.25"...

Just weighed 299. W. T. F.
    Hope you've stocked Febreeze in your bathroom...
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

9. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Hope you've stocked Febreeze in your bathroom...
    The wife did that YEARS ago.

10. <----off to the surgeon to see which surgery I'm going to have first.

The choices are:

R labrum - this is a no brainer, already had the MRI.

L MCL - don't think it's detached, but it hurts every step I take

L torn brachialis - I think I screwed it up even more, could have damaged something else too.

Sucks to be me...

11. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    <----off to the surgeon to see which surgery I'm going to have first.

The choices are:

L torn brachialis - I think I screwed it up even more, could have damaged something else too.

Sucks to be me...
    Jesus bro! Good luck man....

12. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    <----off to the surgeon to see which surgery I'm going to have first.

The choices are:

Sucks to be me...
    Labrums fun. Mines split in half and missing a chunk in the back. If you get the surgery let me know how it went. Best of luck either way
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

13. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

Labrums fun. Mines split in half and missing a chunk in the back. If you get the surgery let me know how it went. Best of luck either way
    I've had two previous labral tears, they take longer to heal than cuff tears...

Waiting...

14. I hate the bench press, plain &amp; simple. I'm so technically deficient, I can't font a groove, and I just plain SUCK at it.

Today was awful for my main lift. I just could NOT get tight, get comfortable, or generate leg drive. I finished pissed off and my assistance session was AWESOME...but there's no "assistance lift meet", now is there?

CUBE W3D2 H BENCH
    Warm up (band stuff, cable stuff)
    Bar, 135, 185, 225, 275 x some.
    305x2x8

The weight never felt heavy, but you'll see I'm loose, I lose control of the weight a couple times, then I start flaring the elbows. Garbage, I'm embarrassed.
    http://youtu.be/PD7imgmKBHg

BW DIPS
    BWx12x4
    Add Sling Shot BWx20~~~~upper back on FYAH!

CG BB ROWS (one end, I put a set in the vid so ppl know what I mean)
    2px20
    3px12
    4px10x2
    5px8

SS w/

FACE PULLS
    Something x12x4

BW PULL UPS (palms facing)
    BWx8x3

DB INCLINE
    115x10x4
    Shoulder really started to hurt here so I shut it down.

15. I noticed that your foot placement changed dramatically from the begining benches to the last. I like the wider placement in the last sets. Try keeping them wide like that but pulling them back slightly. Before the bar gets pulled out, you need to flex the sh!t out of your glutes/quads and lats. Just tighten everything up before you even pull the bar out and see where your feet work the best to achieve this tightness.

The T-bar rows need to be done with a flatter back angle. You are shruggging the weight more than anything. The weight will probably need to drop to get the better back angle though.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

16. When I saw you were the most recent post, I said (out loud) "****...here it comes".

You're right, I changed which was probably dumb. However, I get ZERO leg drive with my legs back, but I stay TIGHT. Feet out, I get more leg drive but I lose arch &amp; tightness. I've got to learn how to drive through the heels but stay tight...and keep my ass on the bench.

I appreciate it man, you always come with the good stuff.

17. **** the bench press. I hate it too
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

18. Riddle me this...would putting a band around my mid thigh on warm up sets benefit me at all into focusing on tightness? If I get loose with a band, it'll be damn evident.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    **** the bench press. I hate it too
    I texted my wife that verbatim. **** the bench press.

20. I said that after shoulder surgery # 3

21. Wait until you need to drop a deuce and then go bench...that'll teach you how to keep tight. Lmfao
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

22. Ok, this is what the surgeon said - he's the tigers ortho guy, so I listen to what he has to say:

First up: right labral repair. Scheduled for sept 7, I wanna get a little golf in.

He's having a guy who specializes in non surgical ortho stuff do an ultrasound guided steroid injection of the torn brachialis. There's no surgery that's gonna fix it. Even if it was detached, he said there's no success re-attaching brachialis.

We're just gonna sit on the MCL for now..

Yay me..

23. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Ok, this is what the surgeon said - he's the tigers ortho guy, so I listen to what he has to say:

First up: right labral repair. Scheduled for sept 7, I wanna get a little golf in.

He's having a guy who specializes in non surgical ortho stuff do an ultrasound guided steroid injection of the torn brachialis. There's no surgery that's gonna fix it. Even if it was detached, he said there's no success re-attaching brachialis.

We're just gonna sit on the MCL for now..

Yay me..
    Dude, WTF?!

We're bout to have to put you out to pasture. You're stuck wearing a fedora, playing golf &amp; drinking beer. Now that I say it...sounds pretty sweet.

24. Not quite yet m.other f.ucker. See, I've done this before, 2 times, so i know what to do. This time, there's no rc tear (I hope) so it'll be an easier rehab.

3 months...I hope...

25. AM-
    5' treadmill
    Agile 8, supple leopard ****, etc.
    200' prowler pushes +45
    200' prowler drags +45
    100' pushes +90
    100' drags +90
    25' LISS treadmill
    Tan, hot tub.

Hips, ql, piriformis crazy tight this week. Here's to age.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What is the best HRT method to minimize acne?
    By Neednewballs in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 06:45 PM
  2. Best method to determine daily caloric needs?
    By tmilam in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 04:06 PM
  3. can someone explain the 5 x 5 training method to me?
    By freezito in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 06:40 PM
  4. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 06:54 PM
  5. Best method to control E in a bulker
    By Lean One in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 05:00 PM