2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

They are out of XL which is what size it said I should be. I never thought getting a singlet would be a pain in the ass. I thought when it wedges would be lol
    The way to avoid singlet wedgies is to jack up the thighs really high and pull the straps only barely high enough to get over your shoulders. Also, when you're not in your flight, wear them under your pants straps down.

Makes life easier. Trust me, I've spent at least 1000 hours in a singlet in my life.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Cube Method W2 DE Deadlift

Deadlift
    315x3x8 (~60%)

Snatch Grip Block Pulls (2 stacked 45's) 265x12x3 (~50%)

Front Squats
    225x8
    245x8
    265x8

Barbell Shrugs
    225x15x2
    225x12

Banded Pulldowns
    (2)Orangex12x4

What a crap day. I switched from SSv2 to Recompadrol this last week and it's ****ed my stomach up. I was nauseous and stomach felt fked the whole workout but I manned up and did it. My glutes were rocked from those snatch grips and those are the heaviest front squats I've done I believe. Theyre difficult for me because i have a busted up clavicle that sticks out so the bar doesnt rest perfecty even. I went directly from the Cube book for this session in including the shrugs and Pulldowns. I'll floor press for reps tomorrow, a supplemental lift, close grip and some shoulder work.

Videos to come.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post

You're fu*cking diesel dude. I was watching videos on floor presses today because I have never done them and would like to incorporate them into tomorrow's chest day. What exactly do they target and help with? Explosive power? More focus on the triceps? Would they replace the bench exercise for the day or do you include them at the end of a workout?
    They help with lockout and sticking points. I'm still getting used to them myself. Brandon Lilly (writer of the Cube) rotates board press, floor press, and flat bench; regardless of effort movement it is (heavy, explosive, repetition)

It's a strictly upper body exercise, where as with bench press you use whole body (leg drive). You lower the bar until your triceps are briefly rested on the ground, which makes it that much harder. It can be used as a main movement exercise, or as a supplemental variation. Floor press, floor press with chains, close grip floor press, ect. It also takes a lot of stress off the shoulders because of the decreased ROM.

If/when you start 5/3/1, do your 5/3/1 bench press, and you could use the floor press as a supplemental lift.

I've seen a few threads on here about the floor press where more educated members have chimes in haha
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%

Ah very good! Thanks! I'll try them out tomorrow and post it in my log. Two other question while they are on my mind.

In regards to benching, I understand the form and method used with powerlifting and how it's all about planting the traps, making sure the shoulders are pulled back, using your lats to pull the bar off and down, and the legs are your driving force for the lift but what happens when you decide to switch it up and do flat DB presses do you get into that position and have someone hand you the weights or do you just resume more of a bodybuilding position and do you standard back flat and elbows out?

Second question, in regards to shoulder exercises I have never tried face pulls and will be incorporating them into my routine now and they certainly seem simplistic but what I'm confused about is where you place the swivel on the opposite side that holds the cable, do you keep it at a setting directly across from your face or positioned slightly above or lower?
    1) I kick up my own dumbells when doing flat or decline presses. With flat DB, I actually get positioned back on my traps and have what, to me, resembles flawless bench press position, which really pisses me off because I sometimes struggle with that doing barbell bench. The difference is with barbell I try to get my the biggest arch possible and as much air into my belly as possible. I don't have an obnoxious arch doing DB, but it's natural, I'm on my traps, and my feet are planted. That's all IMO at least.

2) Youtube and go to the Elite FTS training page. I think I get slightly above my face as I have a slight back lean. Also check out seated DB cleans for upper back/delts. Dave Tate has a very simple explanation on how to do it if you google that.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%

You're quite the wealth of knowledge my man, much appreciated. I'm deff going to check out the seated DB cleans. I like to watch a lot of Dave's videos he has a really simplistic and easy way of explaining various exercises.
    And he cusses.

I just regurgitate what I learned from others and what I've read.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%

Video from tonight's session

http://youtu.be/TXX_tuDvl1I
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.12%

Nice vids. Speed on the 315 was solid.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Nice vids. Speed on the 315 was solid.
    Thanks Bolt.

Digging the new avi!
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    What a crap day. I switched from SSv2 to Recompadrol this last week and it's ****ed my stomach up. I was nauseous and stomach felt fked the whole workout but I manned up and did it.
    They both make me nauseous and tear up my stomach. I had to stop taking them both.
    http://www.facebook.com/Celtic.Labs - Celtic Labs Representative
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.65%

Berberine does this to me as well
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.62%

Sean, do you mind if I pollute your thread w my narrow stance opener for you guys to look at?
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Sean, do you mind if I pollute your thread w my narrow stance opener for you guys to look at?
    Post up bud.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.62%

it actually felt better than i expected, a little loose compared to wide stance but all in all not bad.

if you look at the wide stance vid compared to this one, big difference

no mcl pain

what do you guys think about the bar speed? should I bump the opener up a little or keep it where it is?
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%

It looks good IMO. It looks like you're getting in the hole easier (that's what she said) Just keep that back tight. Around :24 almost seemed like you were going to round and good morning it up. If Rodja shows up in here I'm sure he would have better advice than ma. You going for 405?
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.62%

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    It looks good IMO. It looks like you're getting in the hole easier (that's what she said) Just keep that back tight. Around :24 almost seemed like you were going to round and good morning it up. If Rodja shows up in here I'm sure he would have better advice than ma. You going for 405?
    Txs bro, I sent it to him
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%

No more June 2nd meet for me. I won't be where I want to be by then. There's an RPS meet in July but you have to qualify before hand. Any other option I'd have to fly back to my home state in the Midwest to visit family and compete USAPL but doubt that'll happen so I think I'll have to wait for Aug/Sep to roll around. My thoughts were to compete once more raw but now I'm contemplating making the switch over to equipped lifting.

Push/pull still on at my gym but it's unsanctioned and I'm not really worried about it
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.62%

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    You going for 405?
    375-380, template says 386

I'm at home depot, I'll look at it again to see where I'm falling forward in a few...
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%

I'm at home depot, I'll look at it again to see where I'm falling forward in a few...
    Didn't seem like ya fell forward, but more of just a stick point I guess.

Bump for better advice than mine lol
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.62%

Didn't seem like ya fell forward, but more of just a stick point I guess.

Bump for better advice than mine lol
    i see it, initial move up. i'll try a simple 'chest up' first. i def need more practice narrow stance. i'm gonna do some singles on friday w like 275 (73%) to get some more work in. prolly do this for two more weeks then shut it down. i don't think i lost anything from wide stance, if anything i think i got more bounce out of the hole.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

Speed was all there, just remember to fire your hips in as well as up, push your head into the bar out of the hole, and keep that chest up. Some people like different cues. I know if I stall, I push my head back into the bar. Except for my big SSB squat today. :-(
    Training log:
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.49%

It looks like after your initial bounce, you bring the hips up and the chest drops *a bit*, kind of a "tilt" forward.

I could be wrong though, that's just what I kind of gathered. Like the bar speed, though.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.62%

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Speed was all there, just remember to fire your hips in as well as up, push your head into the bar out of the hole, and keep that chest up. Some people like different cues. I know if I stall, I push my head back into the bar. Except for my big SSB squat today. :-(
    i'm gonna use this as a queue

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    It looks like after your initial bounce, you bring the hips up and the chest drops *a bit*, kind of a "tilt" forward.

I could be wrong though, that's just what I kind of gathered. Like the bar speed, though.
    txs man, rodja thinks i'm coming forward a bit too.

i think i can bring this around in the next few weeks. big difference between the wide a narrow versions, just need a little more practice.

mcl's felt fine all day, so there's def something to what AZMIDLYF pointed out...
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%

Cube Method W2 RE Bench

Floor Press w/ Titan Ram
    225x6
    245x6
    265x6

Incline DB Press
    65x20x2

Close grip 2-board
    185x8x2
    195x8

Unilateral Standing DB Press
    35x15x2

Banded Flys (orange)
    x2x8

Cable Tricep Pushdown
    130x12x3

Will upload videos of floor press tomorrow. Went with the Ram and 2-board to relieve my shoulders. They're feeling better and better each day but I don't want to chance it yet.

Diverted from the Cubes prescribed layout to align with Pripelins optimal reps.

No lifting the next 2 days. Core work tomorrow. Conditioning Wednesday.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

Nice floor presses! Whereabouts does your Ram stop supporting you? My Slingshot gave up about 6in from lockout, but that might be because I jacked it high on my elbows to get more out of it.
    Training log:
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%

Video update

http://youtu.be/pHApFPdL_WU

Thanks dude. Shoulder prehab exercises are paying off bigtime. The load comes off the Ram once my elbows begin to pass my torso I guess
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

That's good. I've really been using as much gear as I can this mesocycle with 3 comps in two month. Just wanna keep from getting banged up.
    Training log:
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.15%

The ram looks like it sits lower on the arms which could be advantageous. The sling shot does sit higher. It was pointed out to me that possibly because Bell has such a wide body that the best place he could design it to sit is up higher around the elbows. I don't know if that is fact though.

Looks like them triceps are strong Sean; lockouts were solid speed every rep and under control.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%

Thanks Rob. Workin out lockout strength for when the time comes with the bench shirt.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

The ram looks like it sits lower on the arms which could be advantageous. The sling shot does sit higher. It was pointed out to me that possibly because Bell has such a wide body that the best place he could design it to sit is up higher around the elbows. I don't know if that is fact though.

Looks like them triceps are strong Sean; lockouts were solid speed every rep and under control.
    Yeah, Mark wasn't always jacked and tan like he is now. Also, I have a feeling that the Slinger is more for overload than the Ram. The Ram leaves you about where a bench shirt does, hence the sleeve design being similar to a bench shirt. The Slinger can carry you almost all the way to lockout. I'm going to try mine as far toward my shoulders as possible next time, so that I actually do some work instead of having my equipment bench 405 and me just hold the weight.
    Training log:
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.15%

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude

Yeah, Mark wasn't always jacked and tan like he is now. Also, I have a feeling that the Slinger is more for overload than the Ram. The Ram leaves you about where a bench shirt does, hence the sleeve design being similar to a bench shirt. The Slinger can carry you almost all the way to lockout. I'm going to try mine as far toward my shoulders as possible next time, so that I actually do some work instead of having my equipment bench 405 and me just hold the weight.
    I think mine is broke bc it doesn't lift close to 405 for me. I'm sending it back nao!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

I think mine is broke bc it doesn't lift close to 405 for me. I'm sending it back nao!
    Remember, I got the Maddog!
    Training log:
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.65%

They're only guaranteed for 10 PRs! Lol
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.14%

Anyone want a half empty bottle of Recompadrol? I'll trade ya for samples of any goodies you all have lol
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.49%

Anyone want a half empty bottle of Recompadrol? I'll trade ya for samples of any goodies you all have lol
    The bottle is half full.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.65%

37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7l6jg4Hlog">YouTube Link</a>
    Hahahahahahahaha! I was dying. The ab work yesterday and then this, it hurt so much.
    Training log:
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.62%

What's this ab work you speak of?
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.49%

What's this ab work you speak of?
    He must mean front squats.
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

I did standing ab wheel yesterday for four sets of ten. Laughing hurts, getting out of bed hurts.
    Training log:

Similar Forum Threads

1. Powerlifting Journey
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 10:11 PM
  2. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
  3. Powerlifting Motivation