Sean's Powerlifting Journey

Page 315 of 609 First ... 313314315316317 ... Last

1. Chris Duffin. 859 Squat w/wraps @220.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

Very dude of you. What is the mark you have to hit?
    What do you mean?
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

What do you mean?
    For an elite total
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

4. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    For an elite total
    Same as tested. 1550ish?
    [email protected]

5. Crap...I meant for records. He said 1505 was the tested number to beat
    Training Log
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Crap...I meant for records. He said 1505 was the tested number to beat
    Yeah, 1505 is the tested RPS record. Untested is in the 1800 range for RPS IIRC. My goals aren't towards records or elite totals or any of that right now. I want to qualify and compete in big meets. My training partner is likely going to qualify for RUM this weekend, so I have the XPC and RUM to shoot for.

EDIT: I do realize Raw Unity is at least two years away in the best of circumstances.
    Training log:

7. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Yeah, 1505 is the tested RPS record. Untested is in the 1800 range for RPS IIRC. My goals aren't towards records or elite totals or any of that right now. I want to qualify and compete in big meets. My training partner is likely going to qualify for RUM this weekend, so I have the XPC and RUM to shoot for.

EDIT: I do realize Raw Unity is at least two years away in the best of circumstances.
    Dam that's a jump!

And that's awesome. Your gonna get to these meets.
    Training Log

8. Good to hear that bench is not hurting right now. Personally, I wouldnt be pushing it too much this close, as it could compromise your big lifts. In any case, good luck and am excited to see you your fair, fairy.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

9. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Good to hear that bench is not hurting right now. Personally, I wouldnt be pushing it too much this close, as it could compromise your big lifts. In any case, good luck and am excited to see you your fair, fairy.
    Yeah I agree here. Just listen to that shoulder man. If it's cranky don't push it.. A torn RC is no joke.

10. Good to hear that bench is not hurting right now. Personally, I wouldnt be pushing it too much this close, as it could compromise your big lifts. In any case, good luck and am excited to see how you fair, fairy.
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

11. I agree with you both.I really don't want another set back. 225 was painless, though I can still feel that mobility is off. My right supra still feels like crap sometimes. I feel it catch when I'm driving the boat or sometimes putting clothes on, certain movements where my scap isn't retracted. Retracting my shoulders on the bench leaves it painless though.

If I can get 275 up painless, I'm stopping right there. The second I feel pain on any press on Tuesday, I'm calling it quits right there. Sound like a decent plan?
    [email protected]

12. Reebok shoes came in. They're comfy, with a wide ass bottom, and awesome grip. They're just super roomy in the toe. Still contemplating the size choice. If I deem them fit, I'll be taking a black sharpie to the "Reebok Crossfit" logo.

I also just took Stimul8 (wife brought the packages to me at work) so I opened it up and said **** it.

I'm fairly wired now...
    [email protected]

13. I like that plan. Small jumps, keep 100% focus on form, have a spotter close and tell them to take it if ANYTHING feels even slightly off at any point.
    Training log:

14. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I agree with you both.I really don't want another set back. 225 was painless, though I can still feel that mobility is off. My right supra still feels like crap sometimes. I feel it catch when I'm driving the boat or sometimes putting clothes on, certain movements where my scap isn't retracted. Retracting my shoulders on the bench leaves it painless though.

If I can get 275 up painless, I'm stopping right there. The second I feel pain on any press on Tuesday, I'm calling it quits right there. Sound like a decent plan?
    If you can get it up entirely painlessly, power to you. I would even say minor irritation is alright for that single rep. At least for me, the weight is not the only factor in whether a rep my hurt. I think it has to do with my liftoff, set up, and some chance. And like you, I have a partly torn rotator cuff. It always bothers me as a I warm up, or if I go balls out on reps. A single rep is usually not as bad, though the bar goes up crooked as I guard against the pain. Bad shoulder side, the bar is higher.

In any event, I think you have a sound plan in place, and can't see how busting your ass on bench is worth an extra 15 pounds, particularly given the risk of injury. I think you are better off being mentally focused on the other lifts, such that this is not a distraction, as I think you initially posited above.

15. You have a sound reasoning, Jinxie. Thanks.
    [email protected]

16. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Reebok shoes came in. They're comfy, with a wide ass bottom, and awesome grip. They're just super roomy in the toe. Still contemplating the size choice. If I deem them fit, I'll be taking a black sharpie to the "Reebok Crossfit" logo.

I also just took Stimul8 (wife brought the packages to me at work) so I opened it up and said **** it.

I'm fairly wired now...
    I will match and raise your wired with 5 mgs of d-amp. Today's a work day, and my ADD is particularly bad on sunny weekends.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    You have a sound reasoning, Jinxie. Thanks.
    He is erudite in a way
    Training Log

18. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    He is erudite in a way
    When it comes to "toe boxes," you two are quite erudite in your explanations.

19. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post

When it comes to "toe boxes," you two are quite erudite in your explanations.
    I may not be able to out word you, but let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?
    Training Log

20. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I may not be able to out word you, but let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?
    That would be "aviary" scintillating match, would it not be?

Words, logic and rhetoric is about all I got, my good man. I don't know much about nuttin' otherwise. I leave that to the birds.

Are you an environmentalist? I had a girlfriend who was a birder and went to UC Davis for a PhD in something related to bird habitats (wetlands etc) and whatnot. Surprisingly, now she travels the world as part of government and it aint to save the birds. Never would have imagined. Impressive job, but sort of at odds with the person I knew.

Boy, she tasted like the sweetest little hen. Thanks for taking me back.

21. Slowclap.gif

Is this from "The Memoirs of Jinx?"
    Training Log

22. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Slowclap.gif

Is this from "The Memoirs of Jinx?"
    Coincidentally, the gal was Japanese. She had a latex allergy -- how awesome is that?!?! Man, I am base -- and cheeky -- I know.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I agree with you both.I really don't want another set back. 225 was painless, though I can still feel that mobility is off. My right supra still feels like crap sometimes. I feel it catch when I'm driving the boat or sometimes putting clothes on, certain movements where my scap isn't retracted. Retracting my shoulders on the bench leaves it painless though.

I think this sounds fair. You're there that day to get some phat squats and dl #s!
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

24. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    That would be "aviary" scintillating match, would it not be?

Words, logic and rhetoric is about all I got, my good man. I don't know much about nuttin' otherwise. I leave that to the birds.

Are you an environmentalist? I had a girlfriend who was a birder and went to UC Davis for a PhD in something related to bird habitats (wetlands etc) and whatnot. Surprisingly, now she travels the world as part of government and it aint to save the birds. Never would have imagined. Impressive job, but sort of at odds with the person I knew.

Boy, she tasted like the sweetest little hen. Thanks for taking me back.
    Damn, weird. I had a very good female friend go to UC Davis, too, for grad work to do frog research. That uni must be known for its environmental sciences.

Also, nice word play.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

25. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I think this sounds fair. You're there that day to get some phat squats and dl #s!
    the man makes a good point! No need to hurt yourself, especially if you aren't getting $$ to do so!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Powerlifting Journey
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 10:11 PM
  2. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
  3. Powerlifting Motivation
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum