Sean's Powerlifting Journey

Page 313 of 610 First ... 311312313314315 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    How to unfūck it. Wasn't sure if there was any specific I should be doing. I just did some reading and it's just the usual stuff I've found: Increase shoulder mobility and stability, tspine mobility, RC strengthening. Thoughts?
    Upper back mobility seems to be the biggest thing with it. When it's tight, it changes the shoulder girdle and forces you into internal rotation. Any adhesions/calcium in the area?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Upper back mobility seems to be the biggest thing with it. When it's tight, it changes the shoulder girdle and forces you into internal rotation. Any adhesions/calcium in the area?
    Makes sense, since both shoulders are protracted. Adhesions yes, which he worked on today and will again next week. Crap built up all over the place.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Makes sense, since both shoulders are protracted. Adhesions yes, which he worked on today and will again next week. Crap built up all over the place.
    Once that's worked out, you should be good. Most only work out the adhesions in the upper trap portion, but a lot builds up along the medial edge of the scapula as well. Those really need to be worked out as they limit retraction and/or force you into protraction.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Once that's worked out, you should be good. Most only work out the adhesions in the upper trap portion, but a lot builds up along the medial edge of the scapula as well. Those really need to be worked out as they limit retraction and/or force you into protraction.
    Alright sweet, man. Thanks. The upper trap was pretty disguisting though he pretty much scraped every square inch of my upper back so hopefully a couple sessions will do the job. I might do your butterknife trick myself on my bi's/tri's/delt once my skin heals up enough, just for a second weekly session.

I'll continue finding some TSpine exercises that make it feel good.
    [email protected]

5. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Alright sweet, man. Thanks. The upper trap was pretty disguisting though he pretty much scraped every square inch of my upper back so hopefully a couple sessions will do the job. I might do your butterknife trick myself on my bi's/tri's/delt once my skin heals up enough, just for a second weekly session. I'll continue finding some TSpine exercises that make it feel good.
    I've found that even short bouts (<5 mins) of scrapping the area is beneficial. Hell, do it during commercials while watching tv.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I've found that even short bouts (<5 mins) of scrapping the area is beneficial. Hell, do it during commercials while watching tv.
    What do you use for lubricant? This mofo used something 10x the strength of Blue Heat. Sucked. Or do you just man up and scrape dry skin?

I think I'll have to wait a couple days to do any more. I look like I was beat with a club.
    [email protected]

7. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    What do you use for lubricant? This mofo used something 10x the strength of Blue Heat. Sucked. Or do you just man up and scrape dry skin? I think I'll have to wait a couple days to do any more. I look like I was beat with a club.
    Cap roll on followed by Lubriderm.

Spit works in a pinch. Wait...what?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. How do you guys go about this knife scrapping? Any pointers, tips?

Also, I got some serious adhesions right at the edge of my left scapula, which is also the problem arm. Could be the culprit.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Cap roll on followed by Lubriderm. Spit works in a pinch. Wait...what?
    Bite the pillow, I'm goin in dry!

Cap? Seriously? ****, okay.
    [email protected]

10. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    How do you guys go about this knife scrapping? Any pointers, tips? Also, I got some serious adhesions right at the edge of my left scapula, which is also the problem arm. Could be the culprit.
    Throw some **** on, bite the pillow, and have your wife scrape around it. You'll feel the bumps. Once skin looks like it'll break, stop.

Rodja may have a more technical way..
    [email protected]

11. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Throw some **** on, bite the pillow, and have your wife scrape around it. You'll feel the bumps. Once skin looks like it'll break, stop. Rodja may have a more technical way..
    Use your fingers to start loosening the area and then dig in. This thread has taken a turn...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Use your fingers to start loosening the area and then dig in. This thread has taken a turn...
    Wait...

Are we still talkin about self-Gratson or..

Rob is about to have a good ol time.
    [email protected]

13. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Wait... Are we still talkin about self-Gratson or.. Rob is about to have a good ol time.
    It applies to both. You have no idea how many times the phrase, "Jam it in there!" is uttered while putting on the gear.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

14. Lmao thanks guys. I may try this...alone...where no can can see my face...or possibly in the shower bc you can't see tears in the shower
    Training Log

15. This gratson technique sounds diabolical. I'm going to look more into it. My right IT band and piriformis have been requiring constant maintenance... and every day when I wake up, my low back is tight as heck (I'm assuming this a piriformis issue)

16. Give it a whirl, man. Or even some ART would benefit.
    [email protected]

17. For deep muscles, you can't beat an elbow even over a sharp graston pick.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

18. TBH, my entre leg feels 10x better from just the massive heat pads and the buffer massage thing.
    [email protected]

19. Gym Aware. Downloading it now. It's what Chris Duffin is using in all his videos.

And we all want to be like Chris Duffin
    [email protected]

20. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Gym Aware. Downloading it now. It's what Chris Duffin is using in all his videos. And we all want to be like Chris Duffin
    Is that the one where it checks bar speed ?

21. Quote Originally Posted by atanocc View Post
    Is that the one where it checks bar speed ?
    Yeah. Jim downloaded one that works on his lame-not-an-iPhone, that's not available for Apple yet. Plus, I forgot the name of it... (Jim what is it?)

Anyways, I downloaded this one. It needs a login and the website is being slow....so I doubt it's free. Oh well
    [email protected]

22. It appears a tool is needed for this one
    Training Log

23. Butterknife didn't work?
    [email protected]

24. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

Yeah. Jim downloaded one that works on his lame-not-an-iPhone, that's not available for Apple yet. Plus, I forgot the name of it... (Jim what is it?)

Anyways, I downloaded this one. It needs a login and the website is being slow....so I doubt it's free. Oh well
    Bar Sense

25. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Bar Sense
    Thank you
    [email protected]
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Powerlifting Journey
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 10:11 PM
  2. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
  3. Powerlifting Motivation
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum