Sean's Powerlifting Journey

Page 242 of 491 First ... 240241242243244 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I remember T-Nation having some quite a while ago.
    Yessir. Just now came across one that echoes what iparatroop sent me, except he told me to use 315...*******.

    Jim, wasn't ZR writing complexes for you?

    And today I made it to maintenance cals today with my only 'carbs' coming from lettuce and brocolli.

    Half pound of bacon, half pound rotisserie chicken, 1 lb of ground beef with some Asian seasoning w/ brocolli in lettuce, Pronom mixed with Coconut Oil and a diet v8 tropical juice thing (the combination is actually pretty awesome), almonds, and might do a chicken Caesar salad because I'm still hungry.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.


  2. AZ, when are you gonna start Gandolfs Training log?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Yessir. Just now came across one that echoes what iparatroop sent me, except he told me to use 315...*******.

    Jim, wasn't ZR writing complexes for you?

    And today I made it to maintenance cals today with my only 'carbs' coming from lettuce and brocolli.

    Half pound of bacon, half pound rotisserie chicken, 1 lb of ground beef with some Asian seasoning w/ brocolli in lettuce, Pronom mixed with Coconut Oil and a diet v8 tropical juice thing (the combination is actually pretty awesome), almonds, and might do a chicken Caesar salad because I'm still hungry.
    Are you doing just 3 days low carb before you start backloading? I'm reading the book now and can't decided if I wanna do a full week or just an abbreviated 3 days. I did low carb last year so I can battle through for awhile but I don't know if I want to.
    Justin
    Instagram: justin_ohara9
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/231863-joh408s-longterm-quest.html

  4. I want video of the 315 clean squats. That will be fun.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    Are you doing just 3 days low carb before you start backloading? I'm reading the book now and can't decided if I wanna do a full week or just an abbreviated 3 days. I did low carb last year so I can battle through for awhile but I don't know if I want to.
    3 days and hopefully tomorrow's session will help deplete me a bit. **** 10 days lol I've already dropped water.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I want video of the 315 clean squats. That will be fun.
    Still won't be as badass as Chris Duffins 585 barbell row.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  7. Go to www.allthingsgym.com or www.70sbig.com and search barbell complexes. Some decent reads in there. Or just YouTube anything with Don Shankle..... Dudes nuts!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    Go to www.allthingsgym.com or www.70sbig.com and search barbell complexes. Some decent reads in there. Or just YouTube anything with Don Shankle..... Dudes nuts!
    Will do bud
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    Yessir. Just now came across one that echoes what iparatroop sent me, except he told me to use 315...*******.

    Jim, wasn't ZR writing complexes for you?

    And today I made it to maintenance cals today with my only 'carbs' coming from lettuce and brocolli.

    Half pound of bacon, half pound rotisserie chicken, 1 lb of ground beef with some Asian seasoning w/ brocolli in lettuce, Pronom mixed with Coconut Oil and a diet v8 tropical juice thing (the combination is actually pretty awesome), almonds, and might do a chicken Caesar salad because I'm still hungry.
    Yeah, which I might start doing again now that you've brought it up.....


    Not sure why I ever stopped.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Yeah, which I might start doing again now that you've brought it up..... Not sure why I ever stopped.
    The more I'm reading up the more I like it. Might be good to do once a week.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    The more I'm reading up the more I like it. Might be good to do once a week.
    i do complexes in some capacity almost every time I'm in the gym. Whether it's for a warmup or a full body heavy workout. Great for core strength and will make your grip like a vise!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    The more I'm reading up the more I like it. Might be good to do once a week.
    Read something about them being good during deload. Not sure of source though. Tnation maybe...
    Independent Review

  13. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Tnation maybe...
    Yup!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    The more I'm reading up the more I like it. Might be good to do once a week.
    I'm thinking of doing one every day after the primary movement (and first accessory movement, which I'm thinking of doing 5/3/1 with)

  15. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I'm thinking of doing one every day after the primary movement (and first accessory movement, which I'm thinking of doing 5/3/1 with)
    5/3/1 with your accessory?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    5/3/1 with your accessory?
    Yeah, he talks about it in the book. Like what I do on DL day, do the main movement according to the JM and then do the accessory lift afterwards 5/3/1 style.


    Then do my other accessory work (and I figure each new wave I will increase the accessory work slightly, it should help improve conditioning and is a sustainable way of increasing volume).

  17. I like it.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    AZ, when are you gonna start Gandolfs Training log?
    Name:  gandolf.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  7.4 KB
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  19. http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...edded_physique

    That is the article that I pull from when I do complexes (or modify similar to) most of the time.

    I also did some crazy (I hatedddddd it) depletion workouts on the UD 2.0 diet and wanted to kill ppl. I don't want to do depletion work like that again haha
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  20. Barbell Complex

    95lbs

    Deadlift
    RDL
    Row
    Clean
    Back Squat
    Good Morning
    Push Press

    6 reps, rest 45, 5 reps, rest 45, 4 reps and so on. Rest times decreased a bit.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  21. Looks brutal. Gonna throw these in on an off day
    Justin
    Instagram: justin_ohara9
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/231863-joh408s-longterm-quest.html

  22. How'd you like the complex work?
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  23. They were good. I literally just took my uniform off, threw shorts on, and did it. Was easy and didn't take long and still got my heart rate going. I think it'll give me something to do in addition of farmers walks and core work.

    Welcome to my belly, Carbs.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Barbell Complex

    95lbs

    Deadlift
    RDL
    Row
    Clean
    Back Squat
    Good Morning
    Push Press

    6 reps, rest 45, 5 reps, rest 45, 4 reps and so on. Rest times decreased a bit.
    very nice
    Independent Review

  25. Glad you liked em, they become quite addicting, and work as great finishers too. When was the last time 95lbs made ya feel tired?!!
  26. Sean's Powerlifting Journey


    Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    When was the last time 95lbs made ya feel tired?!!
    My last girlfriend... Haha
    Justin
    Instagram: justin_ohara9
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/231863-joh408s-longterm-quest.html

  27. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    My last girlfriend... Haha
    lol nice
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  28. Haha he set it up nicely
    Justin
    Instagram: justin_ohara9
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/231863-joh408s-longterm-quest.html

  29. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    Haha he set it up nicely
    i do my best

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Barbell Complex

    95lbs

    Deadlift
    RDL
    Row
    Clean
    Back Squat
    Good Morning
    Push Press

    6 reps, rest 45, 5 reps, rest 45, 4 reps and so on. Rest times decreased a bit.
    Interesting workout. Bet it scorched the lungs
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Powerlifting Journey
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 10:11 PM
  2. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
  3. Powerlifting Motivation
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 08:07 PM
  4. We need a powerlifting/bodybuilding section
    By Big H in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 05:28 PM
Log in
Log in