Sean's Powerlifting Journey

Page 102 of 489 First ... 100101102103104 ... Last

1. At the risk of sounding like an idiot...

I think there's some efficacy in the methods prescribed in the Cube, and I think Lilly is an incredibly strong and gifted lifter.

That said, I think the guy is a jackass. I think the weird, almost cultish devotion to everything he says is ridiculous, and I think the "hardcore" attitude he presents is...well...fu(king dumb. I'm so tired of the "I'm the best because I have sacrificed everything to be it" mantra. I find it shallow, and I feel sorry for the regular dudes who latch onto that.

Sorry, Sean. I'll edit/delete if you like.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

2. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

It's $37 right now. I'm going to take the plunge.
    Even if you tell me its worth it, I still won't.

That's too much for an ebook.

And I hate ebooks.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an idiot...

I think there's some efficacy in the methods prescribed in the Cube, and I think Lilly is an incredibly strong and gifted lifter.

That said, I think the guy is a jackass. I think the weird, almost cultish devotion to everything he says is ridiculous, and I think the "hardcore" attitude he presents is...well...fu(king dumb. I'm so tired of the "I'm the best because I have sacrificed everything to be it" mantra. I find it shallow, and I feel sorry for the regular dudes who latch onto that.

Quoted so you can't get rid of it, even if you want to!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an idiot...

Nope, I feel ya. His social network following is just ridiculous.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

5. Pass.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Quoted so you can't get rid of it, even if you want to!

I'll own it, I just don't want to threadshyt with my personal rant. Too late now!

7. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Even if you tell me its worth it, I still won't.

That's too much for an ebook.

And I hate ebooks.
    Lol. Three ebooks and a 90 minute video of Brandon Lilly's seminar in Chicago. I really hope there's some nuts and bolts to this one, or I'm going to look like a fool in front of all of you guys. I agree with the sentiments on the Cube sheep. It's like one day someone asked Brandon a percentage and to get them off his back, he said "I don't go by percentages, I just ****ing lift." And now if someone wants to employ percentages, they're Westside and Westside is evil. Well, conjugate works, and I know what I'm running for my upcoming geared meet, and you can bet I'm going to stick with conjugate when I go back to raw stuff.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

8. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Pass.
    Yup

Though I'll still read it if I get a free copy.....

I don't really have a desire to jump back on that wagon
    [email protected]

9. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Lol. Three ebooks and a 90 minute video of Brandon Lilly's seminar in Chicago. I really hope there's some nuts and bolts to this one, or I'm going to look like a fool in front of all of you guys.
    3 books??? Holy crap. They better be 15 pages each.
    [email protected]

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    3 books??? Holy crap. They better be 15 pages each.
    One is 365Strong, one is eating (I certainly don't care about food quality, but I'll bite HAR HAR HAR), and think like a powerlifter is the third. I have thinking like a powerlifter down. I shave my head but not my face, I get fat and bloated, and I'm almost always winded. Then there's a video called "mobilize like a weightlifter" with Ryan Brown (he's another very good mobility and movement guy who's on with Juggernaut), and apparently a video of Jon Anderson, and the seminar video.

Information overload.
    Training log:

11. I was clued in to the money grab when I spent the money to have him "design" a program, only to find out he was sending the same "custom" program to every sucker that sent him money.

That's shady as hell IMHO.

12. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Lol. Three ebooks and a 90 minute video of Brandon Lilly's seminar in Chicago. I really hope there's some nuts and bolts to this one, or I'm going to look like a fool in front of all of you guys. I agree with the sentiments on the Cube sheep. It's like one day someone asked Brandon a percentage and to get them off his back, he said "I don't go by percentages, I just ****ing lift." And now if someone wants to employ percentages, they're Westside and Westside is evil. Well, conjugate works, and I know what I'm running for my upcoming geared meet, and you can bet I'm going to stick with conjugate when I go back to raw stuff.
    Conjugate FTW.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I was clued in to the money grab when I spent the money to have him "design" a program, only to find out he was sending the same "custom" program to every sucker that sent him money.

That's shady as hell IMHO.
    Agreed. When you first brought it up, it was hard to believe the guy would never have thought "What happens if two guys that know each other both sign up for a program?"
    Training log:

14. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Agreed. When you first brought it up, it was hard to believe the guy would never have thought "What happens if two guys that know each other both sign up for a program?"

More like "fawk you, pay me".

15. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    More like "fawk you, pay me".
    With all of his philosophical soliloquies and love for Chuck Palahniuk I think ^THAT^ is his life's philosophy.
    Training log:

16. Saw the new Cube email....didn't even click the link.

Interpretation left to everyone else.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  17. smoker145

Tried the cube for a little when Robbie was doing it. I didn't like it that much. Benching 2x a week was not the best on my shoulder, 1 week rest or about that between bench sessions is much better for me.

I like how Lilly is all about getting America stronger and more competitive but the guy seems like a dick.

Maybe the cube would be. More beneficial for me once I get my proven numbers in dec after my first meet. But for now I'm happy as hell with 5/3/1

18. Sean, I can give you a more detailed cut plan with CHO/sodium/water manipulation I've repeatedly used if you want.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

19. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    Sean, I can give you a more detailed cut plan with CHO/sodium/water manipulation I've repeatedly used if you want.
    Please do. Id appreciate it a lot, thanks bud
    [email protected]

20. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Tried the cube for a little when Robbie was doing it. I didn't like it that much. Benching 2x a week was not the best on my shoulder, 1 week rest or about that between bench sessions is much better for me.

I like how Lilly is all about getting America stronger and more competitive but the guy seems like a dick.

Maybe the cube would be. More beneficial for me once I get my proven numbers in dec after my first meet. But for now I'm happy as hell with 5/3/1
    Pretty chill IRL and willing to talk to you from the times I met him.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

21. <---has never been on Facebook...

22. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    <---has never been on Facebook...
    it's worthless. Id get rid of it but my whole family is on it
    [email protected]

23. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

it's worthless. Id get rid of it but my whole family is on it
    I guess it depends on what u use it for. Wife n I actually share one just to keep in touch with some fam n friends. Barely go on it or update it, but i find it convenient to see what people up to that u don't get a chance to see much due to distance

24. Quote Originally Posted by atanocc View Post

I guess it depends on what u use it for. Wife n I actually share one just to keep in touch with some fam n friends. Barely go on it or update it, but i find it convenient to see what people up to that u don't get a chance to see much due to distance
    That's the main reason I have it. Share family pics and whatnot.
    [email protected]

25. We'll see how the hips feel with these when I squat tomorrow
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [email protected]

26. 365 strong looks a little pricey

I would like to read it though. Even if not for a training style, just due to the fact I like Brandon Lilly and what he brings to the table being 12th best all time and getting stronger.

Edit: no fb either, and nice sexy briefs man(no homo?) lol
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

27. Massage is done.

She gives me an anatomy lesson then makes me get into all the positions before she works on it.

Right above my femor was ungodly tight. Also, I thought my hip flexors were in good shape until she drove her elbow into spots Ive never bothered touching. It was excruciating.

Back pain is gone and external rotation is back.

Well spent $25
    [email protected]

28. Damn, where'd you get that massage from? Most places here charge well above $50.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

29. 50% discount everytime I go for serving. Her son ships out for USMC basic in 2 weeks. $25 for an instructive lesson and painful elbows for 30-40 minutes
    [email protected]

30. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    50% discount everytime I go for serving. Her son ships out for USMC basic in 2 weeks. $25 for an instructive lesson and painful elbows for 30-40 minutes
    Can't beat that. Gotta be nice to learn from someone who REALLY knows how to do that stuff.
    Training log:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Powerlifting Journey
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 10:11 PM
  2. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM