A BEASTS training log.

Page 38 of 44 First ... 33363738394043 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.01%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    By the way is anyone else annoyed with the text editor keeps scrunching the text back up into one paragraph, not showing any of the format spacing on places you have hit enter to start a new paragraph. I hate every post coming out looking like a giant fugging run on sentence.
    Yes everytime I make a damn list or different paragraphs.. it all goes into one.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Yeah I would typically but some of them entered into 75 minutes with the two body parts those are the ones i don't have time for in the morning. I have exactly 90 minutes from the time I enter the gym at 4:30 to be walking out. Sometimes I get there a little late so I always try to keep my lifting to less than an hour unless on a weekend or in the evenings when a fast workout is hard to get in.
    I'm not on a time crunch. :-).

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    PICS or it didn't happen
    Yuck.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.01%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

Yuck.
    Lol i know, what the hell was I thinkin'
    FINAFLEX REP
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Best Facebook post ever...

5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.53%

Ben is a deep man, indeed.

Beast if you come down here I don't know if I could keep up with your leg days man. I've never puked during a workout. I have passed out during a 275 frontsquat tho, if that's worth anything. And dropped 519 from the top on accident one time. THAT was loud.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Ben is a deep man, indeed. Beast if you come down here I don't know if I could keep up with your leg days man. I've never puked during a workout. I have passed out during a 275 frontsquat tho, if that's worth anything. And dropped 519 from the top on accident one time. THAT was loud.
    The 40 second breaks were honestly the killer lol. I think dropping anything is loud. I remember dropping 335 in highschool. Then 445 in Canada last year. Not much of a difference.

Leg DOMs from yesterday... F me I can feel them growing damn it hurts so good
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

@BigShadow clear your PMs homie
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.53%

You say that, except I just remember it was so damn loud I thought it shook the place. People were like wtf & I apologized to the management so they wouldn't think I was just a dbag lol
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

You say that, except I just remember it was so damn loud I thought it shook the place. People were like wtf & I apologized to the management so they wouldn't think I was just a dbag lol

Oh it was loud. The whole damn gym was starting. And I was on a trial membership which was even worse. First day there lmao...
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

Back n hams

Wide grip pull ups on the assist machine 4x8 1x8x5x3

Supported db row 4x8 1x8x7x4

Rack deads 4x6

Seated leg curl 4x8 1x8x6x11

Feet high and wide leg press with inward tension added at my heels 4x8 1x8x6x6

Sticking to the mi 40 rep counts. My legs are torched. Back is swole and I have no clue how I am able to perform cardio.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

hey guys, i'd appreciate it if ya'll subbed over here Beast in iron form with IronFlex Formabolic iron flex is letting me log their new topical forma product. it'll be the same terrible gay jokes steroid induced rants and fishing stories i'm sure...
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.91%

I'm glad your liking the MI40 routine!
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    I'm glad your liking the MI40 routine!
    It's fantastic for an old fawk like me man. All muscle work, no joints. Soreness is on a different level... Down to the bone not just a sore stiff fascia. I think I'll be using this for a while.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.01%

It's fantastic for an old fawk like me man. All muscle work, no joints. Soreness is on a different level... Down to the bone not just a sore stiff fascia. I think I'll be using this for a while.
    Nice!
    FINAFLEX REP
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

went in for a quick demolition of my delts and triceps. theyre crushed.

lateral raises 4x8 1x8x5x6

rear delt db's off a low incline bench 4x8 1x8x12

cable lateral raises 4x7 i just could not get the 8th on any set my delts were SCREAMING

HS shoulder press 4x8 1x7x4x6

tricep push downs 4x8 1x8x3x4

skull crushers 4x8 1x8x8

skipped seated dips or dips they really irritate the bad shoulder... didnt matter pump is obscene..

reverse grip 1h push downs 5x8

all sets 4010 rep cadence. really really starting to see how this could work to grow. my pumps are better now than on 1.2g of gear.. i'm on literally 1/4 of that dose right now...
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

@Hyde I finally picked up a belt. The slow negatives on deads and squats have me nervous. Toro bravo in that sexy Ass suede blue. Kinda excited! Just wanted to share lol
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.25%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

@Hyde I finally picked up a belt. The slow negatives on deads and squats have me nervous. Toro bravo in that sexy Ass suede blue. Kinda excited! Just wanted to share lol
    Really surprised that you didn't already have one.

Great sesh today!
    DO IT FOR THE "HOLY, SH*T, YOU GOT HOT"...
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Really surprised that you didn't already have one. Great sesh today!
    That lift was yesterday... I've always been a raw lifter. My old power coach used to give us sh!t for wearing belts and gloves and other stuff. When done right you shouldn't need it. However I'm pushing way too close to failure and we all know form breaks with failure and that's how injuries can happen. I guess I'm trying to be preventative these days. My shoulder and hip hurt bad enough. Don't need any more crap.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.25%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

That lift was yesterday... I've always been a raw lifter. My old power coach used to give us sh!t for wearing belts and gloves and other stuff. When done right you shouldn't need it. However I'm pushing way too close to failure and we all know form breaks with failure and that's how injuries can happen. I guess I'm trying to be preventative these days. My shoulder and hip hurt bad enough. Don't need any more crap.
    Lol, I didn't read the date. Oh yes! We have to train smarter these days to prevent more injuries.
    DO IT FOR THE "HOLY, SH*T, YOU GOT HOT"...
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.53%

A belt is still raw. Every fed there is includes belts in the raw class. It's for safety, for when things don't go right. Oh, birth control? Naw, if you always pull out before you have any pre-cum you should be set. That's such a crock, & so is being so proud to believe you'll never execute any lift improperly ever. Yeah, that never happens when you go max effort, ever....except almost always. I hate idiots like your coach.

And a belt will increase your max lifts, if you have it at proper tightness & can exert your core properly against it with a valsalva maneuver. But if everyone has it, it's not cheating - somewhere along the way everyone decided (rightly so) that it was better to be safer. Bonus: your numbers also went up.

Rant over.

I love my titan belt. I hope you got the lever. I'd pay the premium twice for a lever over a regular belt; a belt needs to be damn tight to work, & you don't wanna walk around with it as tight as it needs to be, or have to dick with a pronged one every heavy set before you go ham. Lot of time/energy wasted IMHO.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.53%

Even the pronged one will be a reeeeeeally solid belt tho. Like ppl at your gym will come up and ask to see it, & be like, "Damn, this a legit belt". And I just tell em it's the best single lifting-related purchase I've ever made, because it is. If you crank it down, your core will be strong like bull.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

Even the pronged one will be a reeeeeeally solid belt tho. Like ppl at your gym will come up and ask to see it, & be like, "Damn, this a legit belt". And I just tell em it's the best single lifting-related purchase I've ever made, because it is. If you crank it down, your core will be strong like bull.
    I opted to get a single prong for simplicity.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.77%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranReputation RoyaltyPosting ProPosting Authority

I opted to get a single prong for simplicity.
    I kinda figured you were simple
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.53%

It's a thick belt. In case you've never had a real belt, always store it in a circle like if you were wearing it. That kind of sets its shape for how you'll be using it. My belt is always latched when I put it up at home. There really won't be any other breaking in to it.

A 13mm belt would be different; apparently those bastards take forever & a day to break in. But you can't really get down to the ground well for rows or deadlifts with a 13mm, & 10mm is the standard for raw competitions.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.47%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Superbeast loves the dik!
    Fixed
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    I kinda figured you were simple
    he's a big strong man with a child's mind

It's a thick belt. In case you've never had a real belt, always store it in a circle like if you were wearing it. That kind of sets its shape for how you'll be using it. My belt is always latched when I put it up at home. There really won't be any other breaking in to it. A 13mm belt would be different; apparently those bastards take forever & a day to break in. But you can't really get down to the ground well for rows or deadlifts with a 13mm, & 10mm is the standard for raw competitions.
    the ones I've used were well worn. Good information thank you.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Fixed
    So?
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.47%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

So?
    Just wanted to clarify so no one got confused.
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

bro day.

incline bench 4x8 1x7x4x9

incline hs machine 4x8-- skipped the drop set my shoulder was getting crunchy

flat hex press 4x8 1x8x7x8

cable curls 4x8 1x6x3x5

bb curls 4x8 1x6x4x4

incline curls 4x8

feeling swole. may go back to my normal split of monday legs tuesday shoulders and chest thurs back fri arms since 5+days a week will be tough now that its nice out. i can still accomplish the main principals behind the MI40 with out following it to an exact T.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.91%

I didn't follow the MI40 perfectly either but I had all the principles down.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.53%

I didn't follow the MI40 perfectly either but I had all the principles down.
    Did you make progress doing such?
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.91%

Did you make progress doing such?
    I leaned out and was sore as sh!t, worse than ever before!
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

i did kill the f*ck outta my legs today. all on that nice 4010 rep count and 40 second rests. it really is puke city when you do it like that.

squats 2x8 1x7 1x6x4x4

hack squats 4x8 1x6x3x4

leg extensions 4x8 1x8x6x6

butt down lying leg curls ss butt up lying leg curls 4x8 each. quick explaination of butt down and butt up, when you squeeze your glutes down it shortens the head of your hammy, puts it in a more vulnerable position to be destroyed. butt up is the way normal people do a lying leg curl.

rdl with my toes on 5's to put my weight way back 4x8 1x8x6x3

legs are torched. im a bit mad because there were 3 skinny punk ass kids hogging the leg presses, i was gonna do a little more quad and ham work with those but they had to lift their egos with 20 plates and 2 inch ROMs so i missed out. :-(

happy lifting ya'll.
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.91%

That's a badass leg workout, I bet there toast! I'll have to try the stiff deads with the toes elevated.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

That's a badass leg workout, I bet there toast! I'll have to try the stiff deads with the toes elevated.
    They're vicious. 135 feels like 405. I love it.
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.91%

They're vicious. 135 feels like 405. I love it.
    I'll be doing that this week!!!!
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.2%

I did see that Ben mentioned that people bastardize his program just using a lot of the principles out of it but he said he specifically designed the split and sessions the way they are for maximum impact and efficiency of growth. Now I don't really know how much will change but I think the next time I mess with it I will try to do it exactly as he says except maybe doing the 2 a day when the training is too long for one. Just curious to see if there is really a difference. With his education and background though plus the changes his "intentions" brought into my training and life. I figure I owe it to myself to actually give it a shot all the way through.

Right now as much as I am enjoying the program Matty set up for me I am still contemplating switching up due to my biceps being a bit touchy.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

I did see that Ben mentioned that people bastardize his program just using a lot of the principles out of it but he said he specifically designed the split and sessions the way they are for maximum impact and efficiency of growth. Now I don't really know how much will change but I think the next time I mess with it I will try to do it exactly as he says except maybe doing the 2 a day when the training is too long for one. Just curious to see if there is really a difference. With his education and background though plus the changes his "intentions" brought into my training and life. I figure I owe it to myself to actually give it a shot all the way through. Right now as much as I am enjoying the program Matty set up for me I am still contemplating switching up due to my biceps being a bit touchy.
    Idk I have zero recovery doing hams and back eod.. It really feels like I had been anyways lol. Maybe I'll have to raise calories to follow it
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

@Hyde. Looks like I may be headed that way June 4-6 for interviews.
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

started week 2 of Mi 40 over today since i kinda missed a few days last week due to my fishing trip. i had to change it up a little, it called out for incline bb then incline machine press, both of which kill my shoulder.

bb bench 135x8 185x8 235x8x2 235x6 -50x5 -50x5

incline db press 52.5x8 65x8x2 65x7 -15x6-10x4

pec deck 55x8 85x8 115x8 145x8 145x8-30x6-30x4

cable curls 20x8 25x8x2 25x8-5x4-5x3

ezbar 40x8 60x8 60x6-20x4-10x5

concentration curls 15x12x2 15x10 NO REST BETWEEN ARMS. one arm then the other

thoughts so far on the MI40 training program. ouch. hurts my muscles in that good way, hurts my ego because i feel/look weak as sh*t. i mean 235x8 on bench? i was doing that 15 years ago LMAO. oh well i can feel it tearing sh*t up way worse than the normal 1010 rep count that most follow. bet i grow!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Beelze training log
    By Beelzebub in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2315
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
  2. KELSEYs training log-strength hypertrophy split
    By kelsey in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 12:35 AM
  3. Dunimous Training Log
    By dunimous in forum Exercise Science