A BEASTS training log.

Page 35 of 58 First ... 3334353637 ... Last

1. That is certainly a high volume workout ... what do your cardio sessions look like? how often?
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    That is certainly a high volume workout ... what do your cardio sessions look like? how often?
    Gonna start doing some HIIT. On shoulder and pull day I think I'll do like farmers carries around the gym and stuff like that, on push day I'll do some bike HIIT. I really need to get on the cardio train, my new old training partner will probably be the mastermind behind it lol. I'll share further details as I get them.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    Gonna start doing some HIIT. On shoulder and pull day I think I'll do like farmers carries around the gym and stuff like that, on push day I'll do some bike HIIT. I really need to get on the cardio train, my new old training partner will probably be the mastermind behind it lol. I'll share further details as I get them.
    Sounds good.. I am going to be resuming my cardio efforts in April. Took the month of March off...
    FINAFLEX REP

4. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

i was... time with him ran up, i dont have the money to continue so i'm going to push on with dieting with my spin on it and see how it does me. i look about 18 times more full since im eating carbs, but i'm staying below the point of spill over. it'll take a bit longer to lean up than the way he had me doing it, but i'll hold a bit more muscle and still lean up. my diet does involve a healthy dose of cardio unfortunately.

todays lift. legs. i stole the idea from @1lifeblood

squats 3-4 warm ups 4x6

leg press 8x8

smith 1 leg squats 2x12

sldl 3x5

lying leg curl 8x8

standing leg curl 2x15

i think he may be on to something the way he sets up his lift. i may be borrowing it from him for a 4 week cycle and see how it works for me. right now the pump is unbareable in my hammies. like hurts to sit. cant stand cause it puts blood in my quads and my knees start shaking.
    That's pretty Damn close to what my leg day looks like! Except those leg presses are single leg and I do leg extensions for the final quad sets. But seeing how you did one leg squats on the Smith...Damn that's brutal!
    Where it all started

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html

5. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post
    That's pretty Damn close to what my leg day looks like! Except those leg presses are single leg and I do leg extensions for the final quad sets. But seeing how you did one leg squats on the Smith...Damn that's brutal!
    Not an extension fan. I'm gonna change my quad finisher to fronts.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

Not an extension fan. I'm gonna change my quad finisher to fronts.
    I totally understand that. I wouldn't do them with any significant amount of weight but with the tempo work, you can use light weight, get a nice flex at full extension, and pump those bitches up! I will be focusing on my legs more than anything in the next few weeks. It's definitely my weak point.
    Where it all started

7. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post
    I totally understand that. I wouldn't do them with any significant amount of weight but with the tempo work, you can use light weight, get a nice flex at full extension, and pump those bitches up! I will be focusing on my legs more than anything in the next few weeks. It's definitely my weak point.
    Idk I just don't care for 'em. Never really feel like I'm getting the right range of motion. Not saying they shouldn't be done by any means though. Especially if you get a good pump

8. Either of you ever get any knee pain from extensions?
    FINAFLEX REP

9. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Either of you ever get any knee pain from extensions?
    I do if I go heavy or really explode up to a full ext like meadows advises. I just use a solid tempo and focus on tut
    Independent

10. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    On occasion, however it's tendinitis so it doesn't count :-p

11. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    I do if I go heavy or really explode up to a full ext like meadows advises. I just use a solid tempo and focus on tut
    Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    On occasion, however it's tendinitis so it doesn't count :-p
    Thanks.. I am getting some bad knee pain (lasts 2-4 days after leg day).. not sure if it is from heavier squats or leg extensions (as these I just started back in on 3 weeks ago)
    FINAFLEX REP

12. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    I don't...but then I don't go heavy when I do them. In fact the weight is extremely light for that very reason. I've already worked the muscle by the time I get to them, the only thing I use them for is a finishing pump exercise.
    Where it all started

13. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post
    I don't...but then I don't go heavy when I do them. In fact the weight is extremely light for that very reason. I've already worked the muscle by the time I get to them, the only thing I use them for is a finishing pump exercise.
    Thanks, I will follow you and Bean on that one.. and focus on the tut
    FINAFLEX REP

14. Extensions tear me up; any weight under 15RM anymore (with good form & squeeze on each) is almost out of the question. Way I see it, I can either squat or do leg extensions the way my knees are. So that's kind of a no brainer.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

15. ok enough about leg training. lets get on the chest and tri wagon since thats what just got smashed.

flat bb bench. started our pyramid at 275, moved up 20lbs per set to 335 for 5 reps. 1 inch pause and "explode" through to lockout. burn down at 225 for 21

flat bench db presses, 4 sec neg 1 sec hold explode through. 75's for a set of 15 and a set of 9

incline alternating db presses 75's for 3x12

dips till fail. first set i lost count at 28. 3 sets total

rope push downs 4 sets, over heads 2 sets and 1 arm reverse grip cable push downs for 3 sets each

since wasme would like some details on the cardio.. 15 minutes HIIT on the bike. 2 minute jog 30 second sprint.

got big #'s moving and its only gonna get better bro's!

oh and here's a little motivation
    http://youtu.be/dXtWL0G3dmk

16. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    ok enough about leg training. lets get on the chest and tri wagon since thats what just got smashed.

flat bb bench. started our pyramid at 275, moved up 20lbs per set to 335 for 5 reps. 1 inch pause and "explode" through to lockout. burn down at 225 for 21

flat bench db presses, 4 sec neg 1 sec hold explode through. 75's for a set of 15 and a set of 9

incline alternating db presses 75's for 3x12

dips till fail. first set i lost count at 28. 3 sets total

rope push downs 4 sets, over heads 2 sets and 1 arm reverse grip cable push downs for 3 sets each

since wasme would like some details on the cardio.. 15 minutes HIIT on the bike. 2 minute jog 30 second sprint.

got big #'s moving and its only gonna get better bro's!

oh and here's a little motivation
    http://youtu.be/dXtWL0G3dmk
    Beastly!
    Where it all started

17. Great workout! That's a badass song! That's one of my fav Pantera albums
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

18. 225 for 21 ... that is a hell of a burn out set.

Thanks for the cardio update!
    FINAFLEX REP

19. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    225 for 21 ... that is a hell of a burn out set.

Thanks for the cardio update!
    my PR is a few more than 21.. :-D

hey brother, i told you id keep you up on the cardio. you seem to be chasing the same goals as i. anything to help the bro's. and it keeps me accountable for cardio.. lol

20. 225 for 21 is just nuts!
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

21. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    225 for 21 is just nuts!
    It's CTFletcher time. Nice!

22. Sad day in buffalo... Lost the owner. Hope we don't lose the team to another city.

23. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    Sad day in buffalo... Lost the owner. Hope we don't lose the team to another city.
    That sucks dude.. They wouldn't move the Bills would they?
    FINAFLEX REP

24. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    That sucks dude.. They wouldn't move the Bills would they?
    Depends on who buys the team. There's much more money elsewhere... That's why they started the Rogers center bs a few years ago.

25. Ya I saw the other day that there will be no game this year in the Skydome.
    FINAFLEX REP

26. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Ya I saw the other day that there will be no game this year in the Skydome.
    I know. I see it as a good thing since they lose a home game when they go there. Most fans ain't gonna pay the prices they get up there for tickets.

27. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    I know. I see it as a good thing since they lose a home game when they go there. Most fans ain't gonna pay the prices they get up there for tickets.
    I agree, as I would rather go to Buffalo and watch a game in a real football stadium then the dome..
    FINAFLEX REP

28. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    I agree, as I would rather go to Buffalo and watch a game in a real football stadium then the dome..
    It's great unless it's cold out. I went to an 8:30 pm game in late November two years ago.. Under armor two hoodies and a ski jacket and I had to break icicles off my wiener every time I peed.

29. Off day. I'm pretty sore I need it. Gonna no carb it today. I think I'll no carb all off days and low carb all on days except one day that will be a designated cheat. Perhaps legs day.

30. STRAIGHT KILLING IT IN HERE!!! Sorry for being absent bro, been pretty busy. Barely able to get updates in on my log. Fugging awesome burning out with 225x21. I am going to start working towards 225x25 after my show i think. Just something I always wanted to do. My best PR was 225x22 on my first run on Epistane and Furazadrol....
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Beelze training log
    By Beelzebub in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2315
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
  2. KELSEYs training log-strength hypertrophy split
    By kelsey in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0