A BEASTS training log.

Page 18 of 44 First ... 1617181920 ... Last

  1. Leggy leg day.

    1 leg lying leg curls 3x15

    Heavy squat just above parallel 3x6- last set was 3 wheels, not my best but I've only really squatted two or three times since I've been lifting consistently

    Leg press 3x 8 with that brutal 3 sec neg. 5 and a half doughnuts per side

    Lunges 2x10

    SLDL 2x15

    Toe raises 3x15

    Seated calves 3x15

    Nasty calf cramps in my left leg. I gutted this workout. Absolutely brutalized me. Meadows said leave nothing in the tank. I tried to leave nothing.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream


  2. Eff man sounds like you ran it empty!
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Eff man sounds like you ran it empty!
    I had to make my girl smash the knots out of my calves. They were so bad I couldn't straighten my leg. Her hands aren't strong enough. I made her roll then with the dogs kong ball with as much of her weight she could get on it. 15 minutes and a few tears later I can move a little.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    I had to make my girl smash the knots out of my calves. They were so bad I couldn't straighten my leg. Her hands aren't strong enough. I made her roll then with the dogs kong ball with as much of her weight she could get on it. 15 minutes and a few tears later I can move a little.
    Looks like someone needs a lacrosse ball for Christmas
    Olympus labs Rep
    Use "BCAZ30" for 30 % off at http://olympus-labs.com/
    "BCAZ35" for 35% off subscription items.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post
    Looks like someone needs a lacrosse ball for Christmas
    I asked for lacrosse balls, a full size roller and the elite fts mountain dog bands :-D
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  6. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    I asked for lacrosse balls, a full size roller and the elite fts mountain dog bands :-D
    Lifting Large is having a Black Friday sale, just sayin'.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Lifting Large is having a Black Friday sale, just sayin'.
    Never heard of it...

    Just looked... Fat gripz and some knee and elbow sleeves here I come!
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  8. They're a Titan retailer, & sell a lot of powerlifting/strongman gear, as well as other lifting apparel, chalk, sticky grip-aid for no-chalk gyms, rehab accessories. Awesome prices on most of it. Also cool if you wanted to pick up a prowler or power rack for the garage.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com

  9. Titan Knee Sleeves have been the best thing I've ever bought besides my suede Longhorn Leverbelt from them as well.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Titan Knee Sleeves have been the best thing I've ever bought besides my suede Longhorn Leverbelt from them as well.
    I was planning on titans for sure. I might get some chalk or sticky along with fat grips and start shying away from straps since my grip is struggling lately.

    I've never comfortably lifted with a belt though. Early in my lifting "career" my trainer (an o tackle for buffalos training squad years ago) told us to rely on our core muscles not a belt so I guess I got used to it and now it feels totally foreign.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  11. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    I was planning on titans for sure. I might get some chalk or sticky along with fat grips and start shying away from straps since my grip is struggling lately.

    I've never comfortably lifted with a belt though. Early in my lifting "career" my trainer (an o tackle for buffalos training squad years ago) told us to rely on our core muscles not a belt so I guess I got used to it and now it feels totally foreign.
    It should be, sort of. I only use my belt for very heavy sets - 5 rep max is the lightest weight I'll consider with a belt, exactly for that reason. But about that weight the odds of something going wrong & serious injury occurring really start to ramp up, so I make my core work during all of the warmup & lighter sets & then slap it on if I do some really heavy shiz. But since I often have Max Effort days or during the 2nd or 3rd wk of 5/3/1 there will be a set where I'll use it. So I use every few days usually, but usually for only 1 or 2 sets in the whole workout.

    Done this way, the core continues to build in strength/size but when it comes time to lay it all on the table you've got another 30lbs on your squat, easy (if you understand the Valsalva maneuver). Just don't be the chut at the gym who does his entire arm routine with a Gasp belt on because it gives his waist a sweet V-taper.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    It should be, sort of. I only use my belt for very heavy sets - 5 rep max is the lightest weight I'll consider with a belt, exactly for that reason. But about that weight the odds of something going wrong & serious injury occurring really start to ramp up, so I make my core work during all of the warmup & lighter sets & then slap it on if I do some really heavy shiz. But since I often have Max Effort days or during the 2nd or 3rd wk of 5/3/1 there will be a set where I'll use it. So I use every few days usually, but usually for only 1 or 2 sets in the whole workout. Done this way, the core continues to build in strength/size but when it comes time to lay it all on the table you've got another 30lbs on your squat, easy (if you understand the Valsalva maneuver). Just don't be the chut at the gym who does his entire arm routine with a Gasp belt on because it gives his waist a sweet V-taper.
    Valsalva? Is it something easily explained or do I need google?
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  13. It sounds familiar…

    What up Beast!
    Independent Review

  14. Take a deep breath into your belly & hold your breath - the air being halted at your sealed lips creates an expansion all through your core. Done while wearing a circular weightbelt, the entire core has something to brace against on all sides. Your eyes might also feel some pressure as you turn red

    A lot of people breath into their chest when trying to do this, but just like singers, you want to move the diaphragm down low. Think about breathing into your belly instead of your chest. It should expand, & you should feel 360* reinforcement with a belt on tight.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com

  15. Turns out its just equalizing the pressure of the ear and nasal systems

    Edit. Turns out I didn't read what the original post was in reference to breathing in the belly
    Independent Review

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Take a deep breath into your belly & hold your breath - the air being halted at your sealed lips creates an expansion all through your core. Done while wearing a circular weightbelt, the entire core has something to brace against on all sides. Your eyes might also feel some pressure as you turn red A lot of people breath into their chest when trying to do this, but just like singers, you want to move the diaphragm down low. Think about breathing into your belly instead of your chest. It should expand, & you should feel 360* reinforcement with a belt on tight.

    Ok. So it's basically the way is normally go. I always get that nice deep breath that expands my entire stomach and sternum for that matter. Just with out the belt. Maybe I'll pick one up for farts and smiles. Guess it'll depend on finances
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  17. A belt really helps show you how to push the air down low. You'll know right away if you're doing it right. Pick one up, just don't waste money on anything over a bill if you don't plan on competing
    Independent Review

  18. You can get my exact belt for 85 shipped from them any day of the week, & it's the greatest investment I've ever made. Life-time warranty on belt, levers usually last at least 5 years or more (and can order new ones for 15 bux), & it blows stuff like a soft little Harbinger out of the water. I'll never need another unless I get pathetically fat, at which point in time I need to be doing cardio, not heavy lifting. You get what you pay for.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    You can get my exact belt for 85 shipped from them any day of the week, & it's the greatest investment I've ever made. Life-time warranty on belt, levers usually last at least 5 years or more (and can order new ones for 15 bux), & it blows stuff like a soft little Harbinger out of the water. I'll never need another unless I get pathetically fat, at which point in time I need to be doing cardio, not heavy lifting. You get what you pay for.
    Can't do the long horn thing man... Just can't do it lmao.

    Chest n shoulders.

    Incline hammers
    10-8-6-6x3 dropset- heavy set was 3 wheels

    Incline bb bench 4x6 heavy set was 275

    Extra wide flat bench 225x12x3

    Stretch push-ups 3 sets till failure.

    Rear delt dbs 3x12

    Palms in machine shoulder press 4x12

    Extra wide grip shoulder press 3x12. I actually managed 75lbs. These are brutal, try them

    Rear delt destroyers
    60's, 30's and 15s. Jesu f ing Christ talk about fire.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  20. Keep in mind the Valsalva Effect is never a good thing especially when lifting. Holding your breath will cause it, basically as a survival reflex the valves leading to your brain are clamped shut cutting off the blood supply to the brain due to excessive pressure that could cause an embolism. Sure there is also a valsalva maneuver to pop the ears but holding your breath under pressure like when lifting heavy is NEVER a good idea. Just ask this guy...

    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html

  21. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Keep in mind the Valsalva Effect is never a good thing especially when lifting. Holding your breath will cause it, basically as a survival reflex the valves leading to your brain are clamped shut cutting off the blood supply to the brain due to excessive pressure that could cause an embolism. Sure there is also a valsalva maneuver to pop the ears but holding your breath under pressure like when lifting heavy is NEVER a good idea. Just ask this guy... Video Link: http://youtu.be/b3aNDzXW1Sw
    Lol ouch...
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  22. An oldie but goodie. Haha
    Independent Review

  23. Mmm. Black Friday discounts are out. I didn't just buy TUDCA, furuza and tren :-D.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  24. At NP?
    Independent Review

  25. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    At NP?
    Nah. I got the TUDCA at locked out. I can't source the gear though :-P
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  26. Thanks broheim
    Independent Review

  27. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Thanks broheim
    You got it man.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  28. Well I needed more dermacrine and found it at nutra for 29 and aegis is about the same price everywhere so I went that route
    Independent Review

  29. I was gonna jump all over some 19.99 alphamine..until I saw 9.00 shipping! Da fuq
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    I was gonna jump all over some 19.99 alphamine..until I saw 9.00 shipping! Da fuq
    My shipping for my TUDCA was like 6.65 and it was a pretty large order. And it already shipped.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  31. Mine shipped too. About 2 bills worth. Shipping was $7. That sht was super fast
    Independent Review

  32. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Mine shipped too. About 2 bills worth. Shipping was $7. That sht was super fast
    That's what I'm saying. I ordered as soon as I got the discount email. That's probably why/how it was so quick.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  33. Hit back today.

    Meadows. 3x10

    Bb smith rows 3x8

    Pull ups 3x8

    Got real dizzy/ sick feeling. I'll chalk it up to no food pwo.

    Have a happy thanksgiving with your families tomorrow guys.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  34. You too buddy
    Independent Review

  35. Silly question. Can you use adex in conjunction with torem?
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  36. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    Silly question. Can you use adex in conjunction with torem?
    Yes
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  37. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Yes
    It doesn't compete for the same receptors like adex and nolva? I just wanna be sure.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  38. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    It doesn't compete for the same receptors like adex and nolva? I just wanna be sure.
    Ew, that I honestly don't know. I use aromasin in pct with every cycle... Sorry I read aromasin lol
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  39. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Ew, that I honestly don't know. I use aromasin in pct with every cycle... Sorry I read aromasin lol
    I have exem.. Might stick with it in pct and I'll rock adex on cycle.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  40. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    I have exem.. Might stick with it in pct and I'll rock adex on cycle.
    This would be ideal to most. All I use is aromasin lol what cycle you got up your sleeve this time beezy?
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Beelze training log
    By Beelzebub in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2315
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
  2. KELSEYs training log-strength hypertrophy split
    By kelsey in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 12:35 AM
  3. Dunimous Training Log
    By dunimous in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 09:18 AM
  4. Multiple training logs
    By bulkmuscle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 03:12 PM
  5. Where to get diet/training log?
    By pcn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 02:16 AM
Log in
Log in