Country Gets HUGE with 5-3-1, Erase and DAA.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well boys, I'm start this new log to try and keep organized and post some good stuff again. I slacked off due to school over the past few months but I am gona try to give a solid review of this little stack and of 5-3-1 as a program it self. I will probably keep this log going for as long as I do 5-3-1. I just finished my first cycle and really like the structure, pace, and volume of the workouts. I just started my erase and DAA on friday, using 1 bottle of original erase, and 1 bottle DAA from SNS. It's like 3g a day for 45 days. Dosing my erase 2 caps on off days, 3 on workouts days. 1 in the AM, 1/2 before workout/afternoon. Should stretch my erase out to about 5 weeks. I might hit 5 caps of DAA instead of 4, well see.

Anyways I am liking 5-3-1, to give a quick recap of last cycle:

I have been doing triumvirate, with an added 3 sets for body parts I felt weren't gettin hit enough. Like tris on chest day, and another day of core, etc. I am going start adding some other stuff like big but boring, etc.

Standing shoulder press max - 150, so working max was 135. So that will be 140 for this cycle. I was 5 repping my "1" on the last week.

Deadlift max - 500, working max 450. I hit 430x7 last week. 460 this cycle.

Bench Press max - 300, working max 270, hit 255 for 5 with a light spot last week. New max will be 275.

Squat max - 405, working max 365. I hit my 330x4 (super deep though) with a small spot last week. Squats are the exercise that I feel 5-3-1 is really pushing me on. Next max will be 370.

I switched up the order a little, I do Bench Monday, Deads Tuesday, Rest day Wednesday, OH shoulder press Thursday, and Squats Friday.

Currently, I am weighing in around 182-183 with sneaks shorts and shirt +phone. That's how I weigh everyday, because I can't/am too lazy to strip down in my gym. Bf is probably around 10%. I'm 5 9 w/ no shoes. 19. I have been strength training since 16. Yes I'm a young gun.

I also do sprint training for HITT, but weather is killing me lately here in central PA. I was a sprinter in HS track.

Diet
follows a really lose protocol, but I am changing it up right now, and going to try and make my own version of CBL. I like my diet now, even though I am stuck with crappy campus food. I am going to try and hit 50-60 g carbs max between breakfast and lunch, and eat protein/fat the rest of the time. Hit my carbs/proteins heavy at supper after my workouts. Keep low carb all day on off days... I don't want to cut that much fat honestly.

Here is today's workout: W1D1C2 (Week1Day1Cycle2) Chest Bodyweight-182.5

BB Bench - 135x10 Warm up, 180x5, 205x5, 235x7 205x10,10,8 185x8,10

Bench Over BB Rows - 185x10,12,12,16,7(Slow)
Curl 135x1

Tri pushdown w/ rope, super setted w/ cable kickbacks.

Rope-8x12,15
Kickback-2x7,7+1x5

Hit some quick situps and leg lifts, and stretched out.

I wasn't overly pleased with my bench, just felt out of it and weak today. Not a terrible workout but no big PRs or anything. I think I pushed my initial sets too fast. Ended up with a nice workout, back felt fantastic since it has had a lot of recovery time lately, with no strictly back days.

By the way I use Condense as my preworkout, love it. I also have leucine I take intra if I am fasted, or with my shake afterwords. I just go with basic whey, like GNCs basic crap.

Deads tomorrow. I am itching to try a new max In week 3. My previous max was 525 over a year ago, before a non-lifting related back injury. Currently it's 500. I am thinking about shooting for 550... I would like to compete in local strongman competitions someday. I was on my way to training for one before I injured my back as mentioned. I am just now getting back close to 100% my old self, so we will see. I have a few years to continue to develop and grow, but I am sure the experience as a young gun wouldn't hurt.

Get in this you MF'ers

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First! Kill it mang!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First! Kill it mang!
Glad to have you dude. Ya strength is decent right now, had a nice run of natadrol a bit ago. Wana dry out a little for summer here. Would like to legit break 300 on bench and just put some some more mass around my chest and core and arms. add some definition to my legs. Things are coming along nicely though.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strong lifts man. 531 is solid and thats a nice stack. ;)

In for the ride.

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Right here big dog. Will be watching the numbers fly up!

PS where the nudes at?

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right here big dog. Will be watching the numbers fly up!

PS where the nudes at?
I plan on getting some nice numbers from 531. I will take some, but I carbed HARD this weekend because I was just super hungry... damn erase me thinks. Anyways I am drying up now that I am eating the semi CBL diet, but I will take some. My Iphone has issues uploading via that app 95% of the time...

Strong lifts man. 531 is solid and thats a nice stack. ;)

In for the ride.
Thank you, glad your in. I researched it and a few others before starting. This is my first legit "program" I will be running, it's nice to have some structure. I always hit a general back chest legs repeat with arms thrown in, and trained how I felt I needed to.

Stack is nice, and the best thing is it's half the price of 3 bottles of natadol, a bottle of formadrol, and a bottle ghenerate, which is my typical go to stack. I'm too poor right now, thanks to college.

BTW I am a freshman PT student for anyone interested in the personal life. I am accepted into all 6 years of school (so my doc. too) and don't have to apply for another school, for anyone who knows about the profession. Minoring in ExPh which should be beneficial to this powerlifting lifestyle right?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Former ExPhys guy right here. ;)

Nice choice...I was going to do Pre-PT but changed my mind.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Former ExPhys guy right here. ;)

Nice choice...I was going to do Pre-PT but changed my mind.
What are you into now? I was going to go into engineering but didn't want to be stuck doing math and in an office with nerds my whole life. I plan on opening up my own practice and gym sometime and doing outpatient with athletes. Should be fun and I can help people. Sounded good to me.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are you into now? I was going to go into engineering but didn't want to be stuck doing math and in an office with nerds my whole life. I plan on opening up my own practice and gym sometime and doing outpatient with athletes. Should be fun and I can help people. Sounded good to me.
In the working world now. Work with "athletes" and regular joes (use athlete loosely as some of our youth nowadays need a lot of help in this regard).

Sounds like a nice plan and do what you want to do! Don't get discouraged and just stay on your grind man. :cool:

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In the working world now. Work with "athletes" and regular joes (use athlete loosely as some of our youth nowadays need a lot of help in this regard).

Sounds like a nice plan and do what you want to do! Don't get discouraged and just stay on your grind man. :cool:
Nice, sounds like a good gig. I know what you mean I know a few people who do that. Yeah, that's the dream, I will probably work some real jobs well before that. Also think I would like to travel and do some missions work for people at some point too. Just gona let life take me where it does.

Okay, I have pics from the end of my natty stack, I prob shouldn't post them cause They will make me look bad now, but Oh well. Gota set the standards high right! haha.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pics from end of Natty stack. A Month ago? I need to cut a little bit, aka the erase stack! I'll get pics of the wheels sometime too.

Attachments

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Time for some early AM deads. I woke just before 6 to drink a shake. Back to bed. Pre workout at 7:40. Game time. I love deads.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice little workout. I was tired as heck though.

W1d2c2. Deads. Body weight 184

Deads- 135x10, 225x3, 300x5 345x5 390x7

Back extension 110x 10. 5 sets.

Hanging leg lift 5 sets of 15

Db curl, 40x12

Stretch.

Legs were just going to he'll on my deads. Ran out of steam. Don't like dead lifting early and was not feeling it at all but I pushed through. Not a bad work. Nice and short.

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Look at that chest!! Lookin awesome after the natadrol! Get the photobucket app and you can upload straight from your phone and then copy paste img into the forum right on the app

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look at that chest!! Lookin awesome after the natadrol! Get the photobucket app and you can upload straight from your phone and then copy paste img into the forum right on the app
Thanks man. Good call on the app, I have PB just not the app. I need my tris/delts to support my chest now for my bench to go up.

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Thanks man. Good call on the app, I have PB just not the app. I need my tris/delts to support my chest now for my bench to go up.
definitely! haha thats funny because i was the opposite just a year and a half ago

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I gota hammer these arms. I got strong dense muscle but not the size I would like. Ah well. I am gona throw some cold pics up, So I won't be super pumped but yall can see where I am at.

Rest day yesterday, but I have to workout somewhat in my 2 EXPH classes I have on wednesday, they are strength training intro and physical conditioning intro. Not anything hard.

Standing shoulder press. W1D3C2 BW- 183.5

Today was my standing SH press day. What are normal numbers for the press? Do guys normally do them strict or with some legs? I do mine strict. Less weight=less injury and joint/shoulder/elbox pain for me.

SH press - 95x5, 105x5, 120x7

DB shoulder press/arnold - 50x5, 80x7, 70x8,7, 60x9

Cable Fly, cables set to I pull slightly up on chest, @3 (30lbs?) - 4 sets of 10, 1 set of 12. Fast pace

Chinup/pullup - 12OH, 7UH (strict slow form)

Precher curl, 75x8,7

Tri OH XTN - 60x10,12, 80x7.

Sit up on decline bench 2 sets to failure w/ oblique work.

I took a free pre workout I got the other day with my shipment of stuff, it was ok. 1.5 servings of hyper shock rage. I'll stick w/ condense.

I like the erase/DAA, I can tell my libido is already up after a week, I am already drying out and feel good. I like the new diet variant I am doing as well, I feel a lot better on it. I did the extra lifts today because I want to hit those weak areas. I had the time to get them in. Workout was like an hour and 10.

Wish I took pics a week ago to get a true start to finish. I hate this cold weather, it's snowy here again. I need to sprint. I am seriously contemplating trying to compete in some type of strong man stuff next year, or at least start serious training.

School is getting really busy as I have about a month left, and finals, projects, papers, etc are piling up. I can do it, but I am excited to summer to get my sleep, diet, and training on key, and have some cash for some good supps ;)

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Ya I gota hammer these arms. I got strong dense muscle but not the size I would like. Ah well. I am gona throw some cold pics up, So I won't be super pumped but yall can see where I am at.

Rest day yesterday, but I have to workout somewhat in my 2 EXPH classes I have on wednesday, they are strength training intro and physical conditioning intro. Not anything hard.

Standing shoulder press. W1D3C2 BW- 183.5

Today was my standing SH press day. What are normal numbers for the press? Do guys normally do them strict or with some legs? I do mine strict. Less weight=less injury and joint/shoulder/elbox pain for me.

SH press - 95x5, 105x5, 120x7

DB shoulder press/arnold - 50x5, 80x7, 70x8,7, 60x9

Cable Fly, cables set to I pull slightly up on chest, @3 (30lbs?) - 4 sets of 10, 1 set of 12. Fast pace

Chinup/pullup - 12OH, 7UH (strict slow form)

Precher curl, 75x8,7

Tri OH XTN - 60x10,12, 80x7.

Sit up on decline bench 2 sets to failure w/ oblique work.

I took a free pre workout I got the other day with my shipment of stuff, it was ok. 1.5 servings of hyper shock rage. I'll stick w/ condense.

I like the erase/DAA, I can tell my libido is already up after a week, I am already drying out and feel good. I like the new diet variant I am doing as well, I feel a lot better on it. I did the extra lifts today because I want to hit those weak areas. I had the time to get them in. Workout was like an hour and 10.

Wish I took pics a week ago to get a true start to finish. I hate this cold weather, it's snowy here again. I need to sprint. I am seriously contemplating trying to compete in some type of strong man stuff next year, or at least start serious training.

School is getting really busy as I have about a month left, and finals, projects, papers, etc are piling up. I can do it, but I am excited to summer to get my sleep, diet, and training on key, and have some cash for some good supps ;)
120 x 7 isn't bad. In my honest opinion if doing shoulder press is painful you need to do some serious Pre-Hab. If your a strength lifter the shoulder press is 2nd to none for upper body strength and not being able to give max effort on it due to weak rotator cuffs or flexibility really sells you short of your potential.

After my rotator cuff disaster from football (long story) I haven't had the same feel in my shoulders and thus I nixed the bench press. After reading this article I've been working on strengthening my shoulder and it has made a huge difference.
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/smart_overhead_pressing

Definitely with you on the school. Training + Diet + school is one helluva time management lesson! Something's gotta give and finding the perfect ratio of each to yield the best combined total results is a masterpiece. It's spring break for me so time to rest and get caught up with everything and start getting ahead. I wanna see cold before/after erase pics with how you dosed erase. I think I'm gonna add frolskin and erase to finish off my Pre-cabo run after the DAA pct

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
120 x 7 isn't bad. In my honest opinion if doing shoulder press is painful you need to do some serious Pre-Hab. If your a strength lifter the shoulder press is 2nd to none for upper body strength and not being able to give max effort on it due to weak rotator cuffs or flexibility really sells you short of your potential.

After my rotator cuff disaster from football (long story) I haven't had the same feel in my shoulders and thus I nixed the bench press. After reading this article I've been working on strengthening my shoulder and it has made a huge difference.
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/smart_overhead_pressing

Definitely with you on the school. Training + Diet + school is one helluva time management lesson! Something's gotta give and finding the perfect ratio of each to yield the best combined total results is a masterpiece. It's spring break for me so time to rest and get caught up with everything and start getting ahead. I wanna see cold before/after erase pics with how you dosed erase. I think I'm gonna add frolskin and erase to finish off my Pre-cabo run after the DAA pct
Thanks. I have really no pain doing them, I just know I have a bad left shoulder and like to keep strict form to keep from irritating it. I do stretch and do cuff stuff to keep them good and healthy and strong.

Ill check those out.

Yeah it's definitely hectic and school food just isn't top notch, just a lot of it. Erase and my new diet already gave me my abs back... Legit cutting in a week? Really! Haha.

Workout today.

W1d4c2. Squat. Bw-183.5

Squat - warm up 135x7 225x3. 245x5 280x5 320x8. All deep.

Leg press. 310x10,10. 350x12,12 310x15

Leg curl - 70x10,10,10

Core

I'm really like how my legs are growing and developing now that I am squaring deeper. Strength feels way up over a few months ago no doubt. And mass increase on my legs is noticeable. Much more defined and vascular quads now.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was Chest Monday. While I was sorta disappointed with my last set, it was still solid. I added an extra set because I didn't feel like I hit bench enough.

W2D1C2 Chest. BW 184

Bench - 135x7,7, 195x5, 225x3, 250x5,5

DB Decline Bench - 80x10,10,10,11,11

T bar row (bar + weight) 50x7, 100x9, 145x10, 125x20, 100x10

Pushups w/ 45 plate - 20, 12

Tri pushdowns - OH V- 10x15,16, UH singles- 4x5,3x5, Kick Backs 2xburnout 1xburnout

I got some good pics to throw up then. I need bigger arms though... I will have to fix that.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill post pics as the week goes for each body part I hit. Excuse my bad posing and goofy faces. I don't really like pics of myself anyways. Going for that Arnold chest. Then my montego chest shot! Haha. Back, attempted lat spread, and traps. Not shabby.

Edit: idk why that picture is upside down.

Attachments

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big! Open that chest up in the first pic. Looking good brother. :)

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man. I can't believe how light I am still, I mean up to 184 but that's still damn light in my eyes. I would like to be 200-210, probably when I bulk this coming fall. I don't think you do your chest shots upside down^ sorry about that hahaha. It's coming a long. I think about it and I have only been back lifting for 10 months after around 6 months off from my back. I have a ton of room and time to grow, I just hate thinking that I am just now back to the point I was at 2 years ago... I am gona keep killing it though.

Getting some big deads in tomorrow morning, 9 AM!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol nah I take mine right side up:) You look much bigger then 185. How tall are you?

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
Gotta love the 5/3/1, you can get good hypertrophy and strength!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 5 9 barefoot, wish I was taller. 182-182 depending on the day. I have a lot of muscle mass left over from when I was 190-200ish, lots of dense muscle I guess. I don't really have any bloated muscle like you see on some guys. Some guys are big and can't lift heavy. I'm small and can lift heavy. I'll take it.

I might have to figure out how to flip that pic.

Yes sir, 5-3-1 seems good so far. Bench felt off today for some reason but, next week is when it counts.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol Damn. From the pics you look like you are 6'4 lol

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol Damn. From the pics you look like you are 6'4 lol
Yah I wish I was 6' 4 lol. According to my drivers license I'm 5' 11 but I don't like to cheat myself. I embrace the shortness!

Left hip locked up a bit today on deads but it was a decent workout.

W2d2c2. Deads. Body weight 183

Deads- 135x7,7 225x5. 320x3 370x3 415x6 325x7

Back extension- 130x10x5sets

Hanging Leg lifts -15x3 sets, 2 sets 20 sit ups on decline bench, +10 leg lifts.

Db curl - 40x7 50x8 45x7 30x21set.

Stretch out.

Not shabby for early morning. Tired as hell and I almost over slept the gym. I have to study for a psych exam an turn in an application for a job next year at the gym here. Only one class today though but exam tomorrow morning and 4 other classes, then I'm off til Tuesday for Easter.

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Goddam oak chest! How's the erase treating ya? Can't wait to see how it treats me after this beast natadrol bulk

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro. It's good, I'm drying out well, feel the daa and it really giving me that good state of mind and I feel good too. Strength is about average for me I guess. Well see next week when I Max. I'm fighting with myself over eating more or cutting down.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
W2D3C2 Body weight 184 Standing Shoulder Press

Press- 100x3, 115x3, 125x10,6

DB SH press seated- 60x10,10,10,7, 50x10

Cable Fly - 4x10,10,10,10,10

chin up - 7,7,7

Dips SS w/ Kick backs - 10,10,10 w/ 30x7,7, 25x7

Quick ab workout.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
W2D4C2 Squats/Legs BW- 182.5 (AM no food)

I was suprised how well this went on an empty stomach.

Squats - 135x7 225x3, stretch to ease up tension in my left hip/low back.

265x3, 300x3, 335x4, 315x7

Leg Press - 310x10,10,10,10,10

Leg Curl - 70x10 (5 sets)

BB curls - 95 x 7,7

Ate protein shake, mac n cheese, and chicken. I had to cook and this was all that was at home, plus I cooked for the fam too. ah well. Tacos and chicken noodle soup for diner... Lol just gona say today was not a super healthy day. also had pop corn, vanilla waffers, milk, and 1 cup orange soda tonight cause the old lady came to visit me and we watched movies. :boobies:

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Food porn:

2 hot dogs, 6 chicken tenders, 2 eggs, 3 pieces bacon, and 3 slices American cheese on triple level hotdog buns smothered in Franks Red Hot.

I worked on my wrangler and in the garage for a good part of the day today, so I wasn't entirely sedentary on my off day. Time to study some bio chem now. Lol

Attachments

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow....

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
74 fat 104 carb 71 protein (roughly) - 1366 calories.

Not a shabby meal. Plus 2 glasses skim milk.

to make this better lunch was a mushroom burger, plain chicken, and chicken noodle soup.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Power food lol.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Power food lol.
No joke. I'll try to clean it up next time. I was thinking about doing sprints today but body is wrecked from yesterday, not in any shape to run hard. Probably hit them this week some, it's supposed to be between 30 and 50 all week. I really need some warmth.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why do I eat so much on holidays. Why can't I be on a bulk. Lol.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gona go Bane mode tomorrow on chest.

Attachments

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
W3D1C2 Bench BW- 183.5

Bench - 135x10, 205x5, 235x3, 260x1, 295x1(small spot around 2/3 up) 260x3

DB Press - 80x10, 100x6, 90x6, 80x9,6

Tri pushdowns 6x12, 8x10,10,10

Lat Pulldown - 170x5, 250x7, 290x7, 250x8, 210x10

pushups - 20

Form work on bench.

Kinda disappointed I missed the new max, but I was at my home gym today and It felt a little off. No harm done, I still had a pretty good workout.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As I said I have been shooting for new maxes today. Unlike barely missing my bench yesterday, I CRUSHED a new max in deadlifts today.

W3D2C2 Deads BW 184.2

Deads - 135x7, 225x3, 315x3, 385x2, 445x1, 525x1 PR (ties my old PR before back injury) 345x5, 390x3

Leg lift abs - 15,15,15,15,15

back extension - 130x10,10,12,12,12

pulley bi curls - single 3x5, 4x10,10,12. Double 8x10 (the bar is awkward so I went back to singles for those last 2 sets)

Got a nice bi pump, and I feel really loose after the deads which is good. I stretched out really well. Funny thing is, I woke up this morning, my upper back hurt really bad I guess from those Lat PDs yesterday, and my outer hips were all bound up and hurt really bad just walking around to class and stuff. I did some community service for a religion class I have to take at school at a local food/clothes bank and carried some stuff around, and they seemed too loosen up. God must have been rewarding me for my good service right? LOL. Anyways I ate really good and clean all day, and I feel good and tight too, and strong. Really happy to hit that PR, I actually couldn't fit anymore on the bar unless I went to 445 or 485. A bunch of people at the gym were like freaking out because of my deadlift, these 3 kids my age were asking me about it and some old man about Sh*t himself and came and talked to me haha.

On a side note, some girl was like giving me the bedroom eyes today at the gym, she was leg pressing and decently cute, but I am basically wifed up w/ my GF. so I am like whatever. I hate when girls do that, especially at the gym!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome work big man. Doing work and hitting pr's is worth the pain.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome work big man. Doing work and hitting pr's is worth the pain.
Thanks. I think I could have went another 5-10 pounds heavier. Seems 5-3-1 is working well for deads, but slow on the bench press... I'm gona give it another 2 months to see how things go # wise. Gona add another set to bench though because I really don't feel like I am getting enough main lift work in on bench, I always have more in the tank that I just blow off on my assistance lifts.

I figure I only need to add 20-30 more pounds and that's triple my bodyweight, not bad. I really want to hammer my bench, it's always been my weak point because of these damn small arms/tris. I have funky triceps.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you find the Bench lagging you could try adding a bench assistance exercise on Overhead Press day. When I did the BBB template I did bench assistance on OHP day and OHP assistance on bench day.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you find the Bench lagging you could try adding a bench assistance exercise on Overhead Press day. When I did the BBB template I did bench assistance on OHP day and OHP assistance on bench day.
I hit the cable flys on my OHP day pretty strictly and religiously. I also add in tri work as well to help beef these arms up. My chest barely gets a pump even with a very wide grip, my tris just die out and I can't move the weight quick enough to neglect that. I am gona really focus on form the next few weeks on bench and get everything dialed in better.

I get rotator cuff issues if I work with my front delts too much, so I have to be careful with that too.

Is there anything else you would suggest?

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel awesome today, who would think deadlifting 525 would make me feel so alive... gota love that GH release :rofl:

Gona kill OHP today, 3 O clock.

Gona try to max, maybe around 180? I feel like I can do a lot more now since I have learned the movement and form a little better.

Gona hit a few heavy sets of incline bench today too I think.