Country Gets HUGE with 5-3-1, Erase and DAA. - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 6

Country Gets HUGE with 5-3-1, Erase and DAA.

Page 6 of 73 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Day 1 week 3 cycle 5. Bench. Weight 185(real) at home scale, 193(normal weighing) at gym.

Had to bench in the power rack because some jack hole and his kid were doing BP super setted with db curls for 30 minutes w/ 115 and 25s...

Bench- barX12,10, 135x10,5, 215x5, 245x3, 275x3+1(need a spot on 4th)

DB bench - 70x5, 90x5, 100x7,4, 85x8

cable fly- 3x10,10,(double) 8,8,8 (singles)

BB row 135 fast reps OHx7,10, UH 10,15, pullupsx5

DB skulls -35x8,7,7 25x7,8 (becoming my new fav. tri exercise)

All in all a great workout... back hurt like hell yesterday and today, so I was surprised I put together such a good bench workout. That's my current PR for a triple, and the triple was easy. I should have got the fourth but I was doing slow reps. Not as slow as a pause but, to the chest, touch, explode. zero back arch. My old PR for a triple was 285. So I am getting close.

I'm pulling 465 for a ton of reps tomorrow... I WILL. already mentally prepping myself to kill it. I felt amazing today once I got in the gym. Bench felt lighttttt. I think the natty/ghen is finally kicking in. Put down some steak and taters tonight w/ a shake for diner. Awh yeah. steak for breakfast tomorrow too.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice session man. I hate having to use the lower rack to bench. Happened to me last night.

Gun be some strong pulls brother
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yep. I was going to do my working sets on the regular bench and just warm up, but they were there when I got there and were still on it even after all my sets... so whatever. If I would have benched bad I prob. would be more pissed.

Thanks! Yeah I am hoping. I am working outside on my jeep all day so hopefully don't get too tired out. It's a hot one.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

New 5/3/1 ebook out today.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

buying it
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    buying it
    Scribd it! Wife has my wallet in her purse and I can't use Paypal.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Ill have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up man. Off to kill deads.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Legit weight 184.8 at home. Well see what the gym scale says.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Day 2 week 3 cycle 5 Deads BW - 190

Dead - barx4, 135x3, 225x3, 320x1, 370x5, 410x3, 465x6

Back xtn - 150x10,10,10,10,10

Core - leg lifts - 15,15,15
    sit up +25lbs - 15,20

Bis- Preacher = 65x10,12,15

Some of my weights are funny because not all of our "45" plates are that weight. They range from 44 to 51 and were individually weighed. This is stupid because if I load up 4 45s that actually weight 50, I ended up with 20 extra pounds. So you will see numbers like 410 instead of 405 taking in account of these off-plates.

Dead vid coming in a bit. I wanted 7. 6 was alright. I was working on my stance as I have felt off lately. I didn't eat right today, overslept, then worked outside and did a bit of welding in jeans and 85 degree temps. I may have been a little dehydrated. Overall a good workout and I am happy. I did feel off at the start of my DL but put that out of my head and just hit my set. Watching the vid of my form rep 2 was the best If I remember correctly, but my toes were just barely too narrow. Stance was about perfect width wise. I need a little more neutral head. And more leg drive. My quads are still sore and tight as hell from squating friday... once I am back used to squating again my deadlift should bump back up a little and be more productive as far as gains. I feel like adding that movement back has bad short term affects on DL but in the long run obviously carries over.

Skip to 2:20 if it hasn't finished trimming yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDcPm6XbZ7g
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just something to look at.

Compare the beginning of 0:02 and watch throughout 0:03 until the bar breaks the floor. Then at 0:04 you leave your back to do a lot more work. I saw that on most the reps. You can see yourself round (between 2-3sec). You definetly have the tightness but then loose it at the last second. Not terrible. Def big weight to be repping. But that's what I observed. Bet I'd you tightnes up your PKC you'd be pulling that weight up a lot easier. Like you said, you realized the first rep was the worst of them, which is the one I noticed that issue with the most.

Good liftin bub.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Compare the beginning of 0:02 and watch throughout 0:03 until the bar breaks the floor. Then at 0:04 you leave your back to do a lot more work. I saw that on most the reps. You can see yourself round (between 2-3sec). You definetly have the tightness but then loose it at the last second. Not terrible. Def big weight to be repping. But that's what I observed. Bet I'd you tightnes up your PKC you'd be pulling that weight up a lot easier. Like you said, you realized the first rep was the worst of them, which is the one I noticed that issue with the most.

Good liftin bub.
    I noticed the same. A lot of back work with those reps, and definitely lost some of that initial tightness.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Good liftin bub.
    I agree man, absolutely. I was definitely rounding a bit and a lot looser than normal today. I could feel it, esp. on my warm up reps. Like I said I could tell I was beat down a lot from squating friday. My quads and hips fatigued on my today, where as usually my low back and glutes fatique when my legs are fresh. So obviously either I was pulling different or I was still weak from the squats. I think that should level out in a few weeks. I will focus a bit more on keeping flat next week for sure.

I am not taking any deload weeks off during this run of natadrol. We'll see how that goes. I am altering 5-3-1 however and for squats only doing (5) sets of 7-10 to absolutely full depth, sorta of like training the main as an assistance. Form over weight until I get it down, then progress from there. take some tips from that byrd article. I am also going to try and row a little bit more through the week. I have been focusing on a lot of OH back work but am going to be getting some heavy BB and t bar rows in again as well as mobility work for my back. I have been popping my SI joint a lot lately which isn't good, and I am having mobilty problems in that injured side as a result I think. Funny enough my back feels the best it does all week the day or two after DLing, before DOMs set in. Then I get sore but no "pain" until the weekend when my back starts to loosen up.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I noticed the same. A lot of back work with those reps, and definitely lost some of that initial tightness.
    Funny thing is back didn't even get tired. I did extra weight on my low back extensions than normal right after. I lift with my hips a lot higher than some. That's why I am working on getting my squat up to carry the leg drive over to my squat. #s should skyrocket. But yes definitely some upper back rounding.

thanks for the critique guys, confirming what I already noticed. You can always find something to improve on from every workout/lift. I think I need to focus on lifting w/ the back while my hips are still low to initiate the movement, keeping my back flat, and then pushing the legs, finishing with the back. I think clearing the knees becomes more difficult the more I sit back, which is the concession I make with the convos and my pull style. I think the tighter back will take away from the issue however once I hit everything right. Just one of those off days form wise, despite the nice numbers.

I need someone to take a look at my bench form for me next week. I have been using zero arch and barely any leg drive to try and keep pressure off my upper back. I might remove OHP work or at least reduce it to try and start healing it. I am thinking do something similar to what I suggested with my squats for a cycle or so and see what the results are like as far as healing is concerned.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

You know we'd be happy to take a look at your bench. You say you don't want to use an arch or leg drive to heal up, but even without an arch per se, try to push up onto your traps a little. You need to clear room on the bench to retract and depress your scaps and externally rotate at the shoulder (break the bar). That way we don't let one injury exacerbate another injury.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    You know we'd be happy to take a look at your bench. You say you don't want to use an arch or leg drive to heal up, but even without an arch per se, try to push up onto your traps a little. You need to clear room on the bench to retract and depress your scaps and externally rotate at the shoulder (break the bar). That way we don't let one injury exacerbate another injury.
    I wrap the shoulder blades around my lats if that makes sense instead of packing them together in the center it upper back and tight back traps back and down instead of up. I still arch my back some like you say to put the weight on the traps. But I leave my butt flat and hips neutral instead of rotating back and increasing the arch like a true PL form. If that makes sense.

Thanks for the tip and I will be certain I won't do as you mentioned on accident however, and is appreciate you taking a look come Monday. Thanks man.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I wrap the shoulder blades around my lats if that makes sense instead of packing them together in the center it upper back and tight back traps back and down instead of up. I still arch my back some like you say to put the weight on the traps. But I leave my butt flat and hips neutral instead of rotating back and increasing the arch like a true PL form. If that makes sense.

Thanks for the tip and I will be certain I won't do as you mentioned on accident however, and is appreciate you taking a look come Monday. Thanks man.
    I know what you're saying. It's like a milder arch. My buddy that I worked with today gets hip flexor cramps when he arches to the extreme, so we have him do a milder arch. He did like the setup where the handoff guy (me) set him up on his traps. I highly recommend doing that when you're not hurt.
    Training log:
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I know what you're saying. It's like a milder arch. My buddy that I worked with today gets hip flexor cramps when he arches to the extreme, so we have him do a milder arch. He did like the setup where the handoff guy (me) set him up on his traps. I highly recommend doing that when you're not hurt.
    Same with my hips and lower back on big arch... But I usually just deal with it and open my hips a little less and tuck them under more to alleviate the hips. Ill have to try that I liked it when I saw you guys do it.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Same with my hips and lower back on big arch... But I usually just deal with it and open my hips a little less and tuck them under more to alleviate the hips. Ill have to try that I liked it when I saw you guys do it.
    It's hard to see how I do it from the side, but my feet are really close together and I grab the bench with my thighs. I'm experimenting with getting my hips opened up and my heels on the ground to really ram the weight off of my chest, like Dan Green. At this point, I don't know if it's going to work for me.
    Training log:
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

It's hard to see how I do it from the side, but my feet are really close together and I grab the bench with my thighs. I'm experimenting with getting my hips opened up and my heels on the ground to really ram the weight off of my chest, like Dan Green. At this point, I don't know if it's going to work for me.
    I feel like I lack the ankle mobility to keep my heels down and get a good arch at the same time. I have been trying to play around with it some. Ill try out what you said.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Weighed 182.6 pre workout at home scale.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Weight at gym 189 (after workout). I feel like my home (digital scale) no clothes/shoes/phone or pre workout/intra-water is more accurate.

D3W3C5 OHP

OHP - barx10, 115x5, 130x3, 150x6

Flat BB bench (speed- pause 2-3 secs, explode)- barx10,10 135x5, 185x3,5, 135x10

Push up - wide 25, narrow 20, wide 20

chin up - 10,10,8,7

row machine ss w/ chest press

Row- 170x7,10
    CP-210x7,12

stretched out good. This is the day that wrecks my rhomboid. I held back on the OHP a little bit. Didn't cut back on weight yet. wana see how I do.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Updated pics :
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Lookin pretty jacked. You run a strong beard game.
    Training log:
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Thanks my man. It's getting long... Probably gona hack it off in a few weeks. But if I let it go...

I was told I look like a convict with the goatee. When I grow it out I shave something different or fun for a day or two when I'm done.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Who's got the spartan going on? Pssh, you got me by a mile.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I highly suggest having a beard for any powerlifting competition. Should add a good 75-200lbs to your total. That is one awesome beard.
    Training log:
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I figure I need to keep it around for just that reason, ya know. It's for the gainzzzzz.

Does anyone know what the hell a good OHP number is? I can't find much for reference and since it isn't really a big 3 or in most PL comps... Just curious. I found this:http://www.crossfit.com/cf-journal/WLSTANDARDS.pdf Even though it says crossfit... some guy referenced it on another lifting board. I am going to keep looking.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

From "What Constitutes Strong?" by Paul Carter of Lift-Run-Bang:

315x1

So, yeah. Lol.

EDIT: That chart you have seems legit.
    Training log:
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

I like that chart because it makes me feel more awesome than I am.

Couple elites, advanced everywhere else...I'm convinced I'm a big puss-c.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subbed. You've got some strong ass DL's there.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

From "What Constitutes Strong?" by Paul Carter of Lift-Run-Bang:

315x1

So, yeah. Lol.

EDIT: That chart you have seems legit.
    It seems legit. The advanced to elite stuff is a big jump on everything. I have an elite DL and advanced everything else. I think just under advanced on squat but that's because I was a pansy and wouldn't deep squat until a few months ago. It seems legit but maybe a little on the shy side in some places.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I like that chart because it makes me feel more awesome than I am.

Couple elites, advanced everywhere else...I'm convinced I'm a big puss-c.
    I know right. But unless it says elite for everything and I'm the worlds strongest man I will never be satisfied...

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Subbed. You've got some strong ass DL's there.
    Glad to have you bro, thanks.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Time for some squats. Gona start doing my lighter sets today... I think pick a weight I can do (correctly) for 5 sets of 7 sounds about right... I will miss 300+ weights but I think this is better for me.

I think the plan for today is 225, 250, 275, 250, 225 for max reps up to 7. And base next workout off of that. Then probably do 5-3-1 but do it with 7 reps straight through, 3-5 sets, going from 225 week 1, 250 week 2, 275 week 3.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Day 4 week 3 cycle 5. Squats. BW at gym 189

Did the new thing today, I decided 3 sets of : 7 week 1, 5 week 2, 3 week 3 would do the trick.

So I did warm up sets up to 275 for two triples and a quad. I shot some video, I think I finally achieved proper depth. You guys tell me.

Then hit some abs that consisted of 3 sets of 15 leg raises ( hanging) and a giant super set of sit up varieties that I love to do. literally killed.
    Then hit strict bi curls, 30x5, 40x5, 50x5, 25x12 (back/arms against a wall this set) and those wall curls KILLED.

Took it easy today, squats started to hurt my back where I have that F'd up muscle or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emtr...ynte8lZ07sOZAQ
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Depth was right there, bud. Keep that chest up. Try to open the hips and get those knees out, that's what will keep your torso upright. Drive your head into the bar out of the hole, too.
    Training log:
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

late, but in...
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

depth is there, knee's traveling a little forward broseph. nothing a box wouldn't take care of.

something to keep an eye on...
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

open those hips/knees and you'll have a stronger squat
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

open those hips/knees and you'll take a larger cawk
    So homo.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post

So homo.
    want me to spot you?
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

want me to spot you?
    you're a little too eager...
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

want me to spot you?
    Donkey calf raises, comin up!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Doc getting huge with Xcel and EBF!
    By DocBrown in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 02:28 PM
  2. Something to stack with Erase and DAA
    By BigGame84 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 02:22 PM
  3. Getting lean with the help of USPLabs and PES
    By Jonbero in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 37