Country Gets HUGE with 5-3-1, Erase and DAA.

Page 50 of 78 First ... 45484950515255 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    I just wanna get toned and cut man. But I wanna be big, not real big, I don't wanna look like Ronnie Coleman, but I want 20 inch arms maybe.
    Why cuz he is black you *******!

Jk RK one of the strongest bbers there are
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Damn man. I don't know if I've ever hit 202 hr. I'd probably feel like dying.

That kid will learn.

One day he'll look at the girl next to him hitting parallel with 185, quads twice his size, and he'll remember the advice of the old bearded grandfather.

Seriously though, there are several serious lifter that I see on the weekends, but I only know of 2 other people that go during the week when I do that have a >50% ROM.

There's no point in calling them out. Pride won't allow them to accept the advice I don't think.

Who knows, maybe I would respond the same way.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website atFINAFLEX.com

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Yeah, it's a pretty great feeling when you are pouring sweat, heart pounding, endorphins flowing. Haha. I'm still in good condition from playing sports so often in HS and intramurals. But yeah, thing is I know this guy pretty well. We aren't best friends but we are friends, so it's not like he was random. I wouldn't bother unless I wanted to see him do better for himself. What's better is when he sees me squatting what he does, at a lighter BW, below parallel for reps. Hahaha.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

U would think that just that would show him the light and the error of his ways

Watching u I mean
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Yep.... he hasn't seen me squat yet though. I'll invite him next week.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Hit a mile on the upright bike today, some incline walk to warm up. Before hand I hit my shoulder bands lightly, stretched gentled, did all my lower body mobilities etc. Nothing exciting.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

So I think it might be my AC. Which I would prefer to my labrum. External rotation of the shoulder is weak/inhibited though, so could be RC, but AC arthritis is common when there are RC issues. Ice and rest seems to help, today is my first day of true rest though. It seems to go from feeling fine to flaring up mid day. A few more days of ice and rest will probably tell me more.

On another note I just convinced one of my buddies who is having shoulder problems that sound like labrum to me, to go get an MRI arthrogram and at least figure out whats going on. He said it's been 13 months and he is to the point where he can't really even bench anymore and make progress, just maintain and hurt it. He benches like 350ish @ 240ish. Only local (to school not home) guy I know that PLs. hopefully he gets better.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    So I think it might be my AC. Which I would prefer to my labrum. External rotation of the shoulder is weak/inhibited though, so could be RC, but AC arthritis is common when there are RC issues.
    Rotation is normally uninhibited when dealing with AC issues. Lateral and front raises should be difficult though, and not without pain.
  9. smoker145

So I think it might be my AC. Which I would prefer to my labrum. External rotation of the shoulder is weak/inhibited though, so could be RC, but AC arthritis is common when there are RC issues.
    Seems like so many things stem from rc issues.

And I'd perfer a lot over a labrum issue.

Take care of it bro. As someone who has had a shoulder issue for years of my life it blows.

But all this band work and evrything has really restored health.

Just be smart bout it
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Uh oh. Welcome to the club.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Rotation is normally uninhibited when dealing with AC issues. Lateral and front raises should be difficult though, and not without pain.
    It's not inhibited, just feels off... I had the bruising/ pain in the top shoulder and at the insertion of the pec at that point as well. I was tested external rotation with the arm abducted to 90* then rotating the forearm back with a light band. Actually doing it now it feels the most "weird" at complete internal rotation but completely rotated either way feels a little weird. Pain is centered directly below the front delt origin/attachment at the shoulder/where the pec comes in also (underneath). I was thinking from letting my elbows come up on a heavy rep it caused strain on the joint from the pec pulling it across once it became too stretched, causing a minor strain/stretch in the AC tendons. It could easily be RC tendons or just inflammation of the labrum as well from the same thing. Since I didn't have a specific event that caused the pain and it was just "there" during one session, and the fact that the pain is minimal and I had 2 bench sessions after it started make me think it's minor. We shall see though. I will actually be talking a good bit more about the should in a week or two in class so that should be interested.

Also to confirm, no other internal/external rotation bothers it except with the arm up, which I believe puts more pressure on the AC.

Sean, yeah, I hope I am not here for long and hope you get yours resolved.

Smoker this is the shoulder I hurt bad back in HS so, who knows. That was a lot worse than this however. I literally have no pain right now just kind of a light dull ache. a little popping when going through the ROM but I have that on the right side as well, and I think might have been exasperated by the inflammation.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Agreed on the ext rotation. I feel mine the absolute worst when doing a lower "back scratch" with that internal rotation. How is that for you? Working on all the tissue around my scap and pec has probably helped the most with my experience.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Zero pain or anything. I feel a little stretch but with whatever the issue is it obviously irritates it with almost any type of motion with my shoulder. I think that's why it hurts so much, because almost anything feels weird but nothing makes it REALLY hurt except bench pressing 300lbs off my chest. And that's just a mild pain and kind of goes away once the blood starts flowing.
  14. smoker145

Do the band series everyday if you don't.
    Bench with a Swiss bar if you can for a little while.
    That's all I can really say but that helped me
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.46%

Smolov to give the shoulder a break and build up that squat. I think you could add some serious pounds to your total that way. Hell, even your big dead would see an increase.

Edit: I sound like a smolov groupie and I'm okay with that. She treated me just right.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

No way im touching anything involving my shoulder at least until Monday when my Deload is over. Then I can decide what to do. I might do Jr but not til my shoulder is good enough to flex back for the bar. That's just gona push the acromion further away from the clav if that's the actual issue because my damn arms are so long.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Might be too soon to say but I am feeling some reduction in pain in my shoulder and less noise in the joint. A few more days of rest should get me back close to where I need to be.

Also, I will be logging the return of natadrol for LG. More details to come as I get them.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

So still feeling better slowly.... heat makes the pain go 100% away. Gona go to the gym later and do some LP, ham curls, back extension, and mobility, maybe a little cardio. Just to keep the blood flowing and stuff since I took so much time off. Nothing insane. Also gona reset my training maxes today for next week.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Nice low body day. weight was 195.... so good there. I thought I'd be fat because I feel fat from not lifting. I need to clean up diet just a tad.

anyways.

stretch
    back extension with full hip extension/glute squeeze. etc. but comes off pad, sore like a GHR reversed stage. Eh

150x12, 190x12, 230x12,12

leg press 1 set parallel, 2nd deep as it goes.

310x7,7, 410x7,7 490x7 (no second set, not way lol)

ham curls - 130x10,10

tested bench with bar and zero pain. 4 sets of 7-12. I will probably test 135 monday, then 225 thursday, then next week go back into it.... this could change though.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.46%

Hell yeah, glad to hear that man. Train smart.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Hell yeah, glad to hear that man. Train smart.
    Trying. It's being grumpy right now. It's just like loose and like an uncomfortable feeling. It's actually more flexible than my right. So not tight. Just feels odd. I might order up some joint force.
  22. smoker145

Trying. It's being grumpy right now. It's just like loose and like an uncomfortable feeling. It's actually more flexible than my right. So not tight. Just feels odd. I might order up some joint force.
    I know where your coming from. I think light upper work with no direct shoulder work would be good.

The noise I wouldn't be too concerned with, I always judge off pain. But my shoulder does crack a lot less when it's pain free.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Yeah I'm just gona baby it.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.31%

Yeah I'm just gona baby it.
    You can baby smoker, just don't feed him or he won't leave.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Some fairly good progress on pain. Heat is good. Rest is good. Elevated scap gives zero pain. Some tenderness in anterior deep shoulder still. Prob just do some ROM movements and maybe bar bench today and might try some light tricep moves. Might try 135 on bench.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

No pain on bench. some discomfort after workout, but not more than it was before so...

bench - barx20,10 135x10, 185x7, 205x7, 135x10,10

tri work, high rep, abs, stretch/mobility.

Well see how I feel tomorrow.

BW - 197ish.

Starting to think pain could be bicep tendonitis???? Who the hell knows. I'll get it checked out if it's not better next week. Plan is pull tomorrow, squat thurs or friday. Or switch those around. I really feel like squatting.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

I think it might hurt even less today... no clue how that makes any sense at all.... I won't bench again til monday unless I feel great thursday. But I think everything is gona be good. Deads later today. I reset my TMs back to bench and dead to I think 320/550 and left squat at 400.
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

I'm about to massacre these deadlifts.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.31%

I'm about to massacre these deadlifts.
    Silence of the lambchops!

Kill it man
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

D2W1C14 Deads BW-198

Deads - bar, 135x7, 225x5,3, 315x3, 365x5, 415x5, 465x7,5,5, 225x3

Back xtn mimic GHR, Superset with decline sit ups - 190x10, 15, 190x12, 20, 190x12, 25.

Out of there. I got in late, but that deadlift volume killed me. Didn't wana do bis in case I actually do have bicep tendonitis.

Ate my shake + more milk, 2 pieces of chicken, 6 slices of lamb, 1 serving of fries.

Wanted to add: my lockout has been weak (only on high rep sets really) and I never had this issue before.... I think I changed my stance up some. I hit my knees more. I am goint to try and get a little more narrow with toes out a little more, open the hips, recruit the hams and glutes more, and keep the hips a little higher while keep the back strong and flat, which is my big issue now. I think some lumbar and thoracic mobility increases are in order as well to facilitate that, and also help the squat. I need to start the motion with a slightly arched back, which for some reason has been harder and harder for me to do. By the time I pull the slack out I hit flat and under 500+ pounds have a slight round, which does not fly with me. Just filling you guys in on what I am seeing/thinking and adjusting.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Had zero idea about this gym but apparently it's something I should go check out. ~30-35 minutes away from school or home.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.17%

subbedd...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    subbedd...
    Welcome.

Also I didn't post the link I meant to with the last post so ill have to add that tomorrow. Gym is area 56.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Shoulder hurt some after deads last night, today feels better. It's like working out and putting weight on it hurts it then makes it feel better. Makes perfect sense...

Feel decent today, just a little sore. I didn't get enough sleep last night, was up late doing work. Gona be busy the rest of the week too.

Probably just do body work Thursday or something. Friday squat city!
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Discussed shoulder complex today in my functional anatomy class and discussed some things. Reminded me of mine lol. It is feeling a bit better though I think. Gona do some ice now.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Here is that gym I was talking about: https://www.facebook.com/Area56strength/info
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Did a body day because I had class canceled and did mobility work in prep for squats. Will prob do them tomorrow not Friday. No bench til Monday.
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.22%

an hour ain't that far away. could you make it out there a couple times a month?

if so, i say do it...
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.88%

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    an hour ain't that far away. could you make it out there a couple times a month?

if so, i say do it...
    I need to check the actual location in the city it's in, and check rates to see if it's worth it, and how often ill realistically make the trip, but yeah I think it would be awesome. Even once a month or when I want to test maxes... I'm sure they have a one day fee or something. Heck herder might only be a hour or so away too. I think he lives easy of the burgh? I forget how to mention.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Doc getting huge with Xcel and EBF!
    By DocBrown in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 03:28 PM
  2. Something to stack with Erase and DAA
    By BigGame84 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 03:22 PM
  3. Getting lean with the help of USPLabs and PES
    By Jonbero in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 37