breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

Page 6 of 277 First ... 45678 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    3/9/13

    I couldn't get to the gym this morning, which made the rest of my day a little hectic. By the time I started working out, I had been fasting for 17+ hours, but it didn't seem to affect my performance much. I'm currently eating like crazy trying to get back on schedule.

    BB Incline Bench (ROM: 2-3 inches from chest/no lockout)
    2 warm-up x8
    185x8
    205x8
    215x8
    225x8

    Cage Press (2sec negative/2sec squeeze)
    135x10
    135x10
    135x8

    -The squeeze in the contracted position felt great.

    -This was my first time attempting these and it went pretty well until my last set. My left quad cramped up after a couple reps, so I adjusted my leg (it didn't help), which had me a little off balance. At the end of the video, you can see me immediately going to grab my leg when I set the bar down lol. It's still a decent example of the exercise so I posted it.

    Video Link: http://youtu.be/ha95lfzlQV4

    Machine Laterals/DB Swings (2sec hold/3sec neg on laterals)
    150x12, x12 partials / 45x25
    150x10, x10 partials / 45x25

    Rear Delt machine Flyes (2sec hold/squeeze)
    140x12, 80x10
    160x8, 80x8, 50x10, 20x12

    Incline DB Swings (destroyer set)
    55x60
    25x30
    10x10 (2 sec hold)
    Looking good Breezy. Nice form in the video !
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html


  2. Quote Originally Posted by fumoney View Post

    Go Flyers !!!!
    I mean, DAMN It. Sorry a** effort today.
    Haha. Yeah, your Flyers aren't doing too hot this year.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by fumoney View Post

    Looking good Breezy. Nice form in the video !
    Thanks Fumoney. It was ok for some of it, but became a struggle to maintain when my quad cramped up.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  4. That cage press looks interesting. It seems it would be like standing military but slightly easier being you can use force toward the cage? Am I seeing it right? Lol

    In any case let me know how it works I may give it a go.

    Just got caught up nice job in here bro.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  5. That 1.5 smith squat would have me wrecked! Nice videos my dude.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    That cage press looks interesting. It seems it would be like standing military but slightly easier being you can use force toward the cage? Am I seeing it right? Lol

    In any case let me know how it works I may give it a go.

    Just got caught up nice job in here bro.
    Yup, you're seeing it right haha. It's actually a pretty tough movement. You stagger your legs for balance, push the bar against and up the rack, lean in at the top (contracted position), and flex your delts/traps.

    You should try it out. I'll be doing them again.

    Thanks brother.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    That 1.5 smith squat would have me wrecked! Nice videos my dude.
    Thanks again man. They definitely aren't easy lol.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  7. Haven't got a chance to do the cage presses yet but looks solid.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  8. Breezy, what advantages do you notice with cage presses over smith presses? Is the main reason you do them because they can be performed standing?
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

    usplabsdirect.com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Haven't got a chance to do the cage presses yet but looks solid.
    I dig em . They were a lot more challenging than I thought they'd be. I had planned on warming up with 135lbs.

    Quote Originally Posted by classic34 View Post
    Breezy, what advantages do you notice with cage presses over smith presses? Is the main reason you do them because they can be performed standing?
    Yesterday was my first time trying them, but being able to stand was a plus. John Meadows has some great exercises/variations, which I've been doing a lot of lately. As I was telling bolt, they're also more of a challenge. If I did something similar (seated) using a smith machine, I'd probably double the weight on the bar. The added resistance from moving/keeping the bar against the rack was a nice advantage.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  10. Have you tried doing overhead presses in one of those squat machines ? Ours (i think its body masters at my gym) have 2 bars on top giving you a hammer grip. I do a squat then on top press it over head. You sort of press it upward and forward. I am liking it a lot. Of course you don't have to squat, but seeing I am still trying to cut weight, it was a good way to add intensity.

    I love doing variations on presses.
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

  11. 3/10/13


    I've managed to sleep through the night since the addition of PowerFULL, which is awesome. Another thing I've noticed is that I'm waking up (feeling great) between 6:15AM and 6:30AM every morning before my alarm goes off. It's great to get up on your own as opposed to an alarm "forcing" you to get out of bed.

    I weighed 216.4lbs (-.6lbs overall) this morning. I might bump up my calories a little because I don't want to start losing much weight for another couple weeks.



    Dante Rows (2sec squeeze)
    1 warm-up x12
    140x12, 90x8
    160x10, 90x8
    180x8, 90x8


    Prone Shrugs against rack (3sec hold/squeeze)
    1 warm-up x12
    225x10
    225x10
    245x8, 135x10


    Stretching
    1min per lat


    Neutral Grip Pulldowns (2sec squeeze)
    160x12, x8 partials
    180x8, x6 partials, 100x8, x8 partials


    Stretching
    1min per lat x2


    Reeves Deadlifts
    1 warm-up x8
    185x15
    235x9
    255x7

    -I'm starting to love these. They feel amazing in my upper back and provide a great stretch.

    -Someone came up to me between sets and actually knew what these were. I was sure I'd be questioned about what I was doing lol.




    I've posted these example videos before, but I'll do it again, considering it's a new log.



  12. Quote Originally Posted by fumoney View Post
    Have you tried doing overhead presses in one of those squat machines ? Ours (i think its body masters at my gym) have 2 bars on top giving you a hammer grip. I do a squat then on top press it over head. You sort of press it upward and forward. I am liking it a lot. Of course you don't have to squat, but seeing I am still trying to cut weight, it was a good way to add intensity.

    I love doing variations on presses.
    I have not, but I'll give them a try. I was looking at an incline press machine yesterday and thought it would be great for a shoulder press variation if got on backwards.

    As do I.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    3/10/13I've managed to sleep through the night since the addition of PowerFULL, which is awesome. Another thing I've noticed is that I'm waking up (feeling great) between 6:15AM and 6:30AM every morning before my alarm goes off. It's great to get up on your own as opposed to an alarm "forcing" you to get out of bed.I weighed 216.4lbs (-.6lbs overall) this morning. I might bump up my calories a little because I don't want to start losing much weight for another couple weeks. Dante Rows (2sec squeeze)1 warm-up x12 140x12, 90x8160x10, 90x8180x8, 90x8 Prone Shrugs against rack (3sec hold/squeeze) 1 warm-up x12 225x10 225x10 245x8, 135x10 Stretching 1min per lat Neutral Grip Pulldowns (2sec squeeze) 160x12, x8 partials180x8, x6 partials, 100x8, x8 partialsStretching 1min per lat x2 Reeves Deadlifts1 warm-up x8185x15235x9255x7-I'm starting to love these. They feel amazing in my upper back and provide a great stretch.-Someone came up to me between sets and actually knew what these were. I was sure I'd be questioned about what I was doing lol.I've posted these example videos before, but I'll do it again, considering it's a new log.
    Nice workout Bro! I like some of these exercises- very unique but effective. I might have to try those reeves deadlifts this week.

  14. ..nice workout Breezy... you have me sold on opening my bottle of PowerFULL tonight, as I have been sleeping like crap lately.

  15. Nothing like a full nights sleep
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Nothing like a full nights sleep
    ^^^this
    I was sold with only a 10 cap sample pack. Those ten nights at one cap were the best sleep I've had in a long time. Cannot wait to get my bottle in lol.

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent

  17. Quote Originally Posted by 804 View Post
    Nice workout Bro! I like some of these exercises- very unique but effective. I might have to try those reeves deadlifts this week.
    Thanks buddy. The Reeves deadlifts are a little awkward at first. If you give them a try, I'd suggest starting very light.


    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    ..nice workout Breezy... you have me sold on opening my bottle of PowerFULL tonight, as I have been sleeping like crap lately.
    Awesome. If it works half as good as it does for me, you'll love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Nothing like a full nights sleep
    It's the best. Starting the day feeling fully refreshed is always nice.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

    ^^^this
    I was sold with only a 10 cap sample pack. Those ten nights at one cap were the best sleep I've had in a long time. Cannot wait to get my bottle in lol.

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    It's a great product. I might give 2 caps a try tonight and see if I sleep just as well. I usually sleep better when using Test Powder, so perhaps I can cut back.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  19. PowerFULL is awesome, and I can get it in NZ L-Dopa isn't allowed through
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    PowerFULL is awesome, and I can get it in NZ L-Dopa isn't allowed through
    That stinks. There are quite a few good products containing L-Dopa...I wouldn't be very happy about that.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  21. Nice updates. Been checking out all the videos you've been posting. Some exercises I will be trying out this week that I either haven't performed before or haven't done in a while. Sounds like PowerFULL is really working for you (=. Gotta love that deep undisturbed sleep.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

  22. I have several of the Powerfull sample packs...haven't broken into them yet. I used the old Powerfull bulk powder tho. Enjoyed it but wasn't the greatest tasting stuff.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Nice updates. Been checking out all the videos you've been posting. Some exercises I will be trying out this week that I either haven't performed before or haven't done in a while. Sounds like PowerFULL is really working for you (=. Gotta love that deep undisturbed sleep.
    Thanks kbayne. There are a lot of interesting exercises/variations that I've started incorporating into my routine the last couple months. I think you'll enjoy them.

    You can check out a bunch of the exercises at the below link if you'd like.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/mountaindog1

    Yeah, PowerFULL is highly effective for me. I had some deep uninterrupted sleep again last night.


    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I have several of the Powerfull sample packs...haven't broken into them yet. I used the old Powerfull bulk powder tho. Enjoyed it but wasn't the greatest tasting stuff.
    What are you waiting for? . I'm interested in hearing what you think. I haven't used the bulk powder, but am guessing I wouldn't enjoy the taste either.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 08:14 PM
  2. Check my food log this week and tell me what you think
    By dankone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 12:35 AM
  3. Study on Preworkout Supplements and Training
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 04:49 AM
  4. join the gym, or buy supplements and home train?
    By Kurruptive in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 02:09 AM
  5. My First Weightloss Log: Diet/training/supplements
    By Sxhawnn in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 03:50 AM
Log in
Log in