breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

Page 21 of 277 First ... 1920212223 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Solid pause squat weight. Speaking of HIIT I recently added hill sprints back in and man they were brutal. I still love them tho.
    Thanks man. I could have gone a little heavier, but it seemed to do the trick lol. I'm having flashbacks of old hill sprint nightmares I had a coach that would get pissed and have us do them for an hour straight...and then do additional sprints while dragging a tire behind us...memories lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I've been slacking on my speed work recently.

    Getting it together this week, its gonna be teerrrriiiibbbblllleeee.
    What do you do for speed work?

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

    Ya same...and it was brutal. I felt slow and it pissed me off. Hopefully the weather warms up so I can easily get around to hitting the track and hill consistently again.
    It cracked 60 degrees here yesterday and I saw snow this morning

    Quote Originally Posted by 804 View Post
    Impressive numbers bro! Nice lift
    Thanks dude.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    Thanks man. I could have gone a little heavier, but it seemed to do the trick lol. I'm having flashbacks of old hill sprint nightmares I had a coach that would get pissed and have us do them for an hour straight...and then do additional sprints while dragging a tire behind us...memories lol.

    What do you do for speed work?

    It cracked 60 degrees here yesterday and I saw snow this morning

    Thanks dude.
    Ground starts, crossover step sprint's, sled tows/pushes, etc.

    It has been waving with the training (learning a lot of 'strange' exercises).
    •   
       


  3. Those Pause Squats can be very intense. Nice numbers as always. Gotta love the feeling knowing that you wont be able to walk the next day after leg day haha. I usually struggle walking for 2-3 days post leg day haha.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

  4. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    4/2/13



    Ham Killers (3sec neg/2 sec hold)
    8
    8
    8


    -I had planned on doing GHRs, but it wasnít available. The approach I took made these very tough.

    Example
    [video ]
    I think, I'd slip and impale myself on the pole with this one!

    Impressive pause squat my friend..

  5. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Ground starts, crossover step sprint's, sled tows/pushes, etc.

    It has been waving with the training (learning a lot of 'strange' exercises).
    Sounds fun. That stuff used to be a big part of my training. Are you still working with Jason?

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Those Pause Squats can be very intense. Nice numbers as always. Gotta love the feeling knowing that you wont be able to walk the next day after leg day haha. I usually struggle walking for 2-3 days post leg day haha.
    Thanks kbayne. Yeah, I hadn't done them in years. Haha my recovery has been great, so hopefully it won't last too long.


    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post

    I think, I'd slip and impale myself on the pole with this one!

    Impressive pause squat my friend..
    Haha. I like how you can use it to control the intensity.

    Thank you sir.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       


  6. This thread is full of great examples of lifts/exercises. I'm glad I found it.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    This thread is full of great examples of lifts/exercises. I'm glad I found it.
    no doubt, already using several of breezy's finds!
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    Sounds fun. That stuff used to be a big part of my training. Are you still working with Jason?

    Thanks kbayne. Yeah, I hadn't done them in years. Haha my recovery has been great, so hopefully it won't last too long.

    Haha. I like how you can use it to control the intensity.

    Thank you sir.
    Yeah, it's honestly one of the best decisions I've made since I started lifting.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post
    no doubt, already using several of breezy's finds!
    ..as am I. Great stuff.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    This thread is full of great examples of lifts/exercises. I'm glad I found it.
    Thanks dude. Glad to have you.

    Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post

    no doubt, already using several of breezy's finds!
    Glad to hear it man.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Yeah, it's honestly one of the best decisions I've made since I started lifting.
    Awesome. I was lucky enough to work with a great strength and conditioning coach right when I started lifting. He's been a huge help to a ton of athletes. Jason might know him.

    Here's one of his sites.

    http://www.bodybyboyle.com/
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post

    ..as am I. Great stuff.
    Indeed. I'm enjoying it as well.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    Thanks dude. Glad to have you.

    Glad to hear it man.

    Awesome. I was lucky enough to work with a great strength and conditioning coach right when I started lifting. He's been a huge help to a ton of athletes. Jason might know him.

    Here's one of his sites.

    http://www.bodybyboyle.com/
    I know of him.

    After I get out of the army I've entertained the idea of going to NJ and trying to work with Joe DeFranco. Talked to the wife about it a little, just not sure about how the job market is up there.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I know of him.

    After I get out of the army I've entertained the idea of going to NJ and trying to work with Joe DeFranco. Talked to the wife about it a little, just not sure about how the job market is up there.
    I guess I didn't realize how well known he is. I think my hockey team started training with him back in 96'...I'm getting old lol.

    That would be cool. I'm not sure what it's like in NJ either. I wish I had the qualifications to work with Boyle.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    I guess I didn't realize how well known he is. I think my hockey team started training with him back in 96'...I'm getting old lol.

    That would be cool. I'm not sure what it's like in NJ either. I wish I had the qualifications to work with Boyle.
    I know DeFranco has taken unpaid interns before (the payment is the knowledge), don't know if he still does but it would be worth a shot (assuming a decent work situation)

  15. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I know DeFranco has taken unpaid interns before (the payment is the knowledge), don't know if he still does but it would be worth a shot (assuming a decent work situation)
    Yeah, that would be a great opportunity. I've been considering going back to school for Exercise Science. I'm actually trying to figure out my options right now.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  16. 4/3/13

    Awesome workout today. I kept things moving at a fast pace, which had me sweating up a storm...so did the HIIT.

    Super Wide-Grip Press (hands at very end of bar/lowered to chest)
    95x12
    115x8
    120x6, 65x6, 45x6


    Machine Laterals (2sec hold/3sec negative)
    110x15
    120x12
    140x10


    Reverse Machine Incline Press (2sec squeeze/3sec negative)
    180x8
    180x8
    180x8



    Rear Delt Swings / Spider crawls
    35x25 / 3 (times up and down the wall)
    35x25 / 3
    35x25 / 3

    -The burn was ridiculous.

    Example


    Horizontal Press
    5x12
    5x12
    8x10


    Incline DB Swings (destroyer set)
    55x60, 25x30, 10x10 (2sec hold)

    HIIT
    15mins: treadmill

    -Easier than I'd thought it'd be.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  17. Incline DB Swing (destroyer set) Example


  18. The rear swings/spidercrawls look intense breezy...

  19. Dinner

    Name:  IMG_20130403_211534.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  127.3 KB

    Grilled chicken breast, asparagus wrapped in bacon (thanks Josh ), steamed carrots
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    The rear swings/spidercrawls look intense breezy...
    They were brutal. The constant tension from the band had my shoulders on fire.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  21. That is a fine looking dinner.... What you think of the trades over the last couple of days?

  22. So late. Will catch up slowly.

  23. That meal looks epic....
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  24. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    That is a fine looking dinner.... What you think of the trades over the last couple of days?
    Thanks. I was a little upset that we lost Iginla after it was reported we had him. It'd be a lot cooler if we got the Jagr from his mullet days, but he's still decent for an old man...maybe he could grow it out lol.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  25. Anything wrapped in bacon = epic
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 09:14 PM
  2. Check my food log this week and tell me what you think
    By dankone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 01:35 AM
  3. Study on Preworkout Supplements and Training
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 05:49 AM
  4. join the gym, or buy supplements and home train?
    By Kurruptive in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 03:09 AM
  5. My First Weightloss Log: Diet/training/supplements
    By Sxhawnn in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 04:50 AM
Log in
Log in