breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

Page 157 of 231 First ... 155156157158159 ... Last

1. Heard lots of good things about the creamed rice. Yet to pull the trigger myself though

2. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Heard lots of good things about the creamed rice. Yet to pull the trigger myself though
    I MIGHT have to try after prep......better be good or I'm throwing it at people on the street.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Heard lots of good things about the creamed rice. Yet to pull the trigger myself though
    I was at the grocery so I figured why not.
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

4. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Awesome thank you. I see the bands are on sale. I think I'm going to go with a set of minis, a set of monster minis and a set of micros. Do you think that's good?
    I actually think I'm going to go with a pair of minis and a pair of micros. If I wanted something heavier than the minis I could always combine the minis and micros together couldn't I? Then it would be like the monster mini. Any input
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

5. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    I actually think I'm going to go with a pair of minis and a pair of micros. If I wanted something heavier than the minis I could always combine the minis and micros together couldn't I? Then it would be like the monster mini. Any input

When my band pack arrived the colors were different than the picture shown for the mountain dog training pack. Not entirely sure which is which - I just use them based on feel.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I MIGHT have to try after prep......better be good or I'm throwing it at people on the street.
    You'll never want oats again.

Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    You should be alright with those. You could double the Pro Minis for certain exercises as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    When my band pack arrived the colors were different than the picture shown for the mountain dog training pack. Not entirely sure which is which - I just use them based on feel.
    I believe this is what you have:

Red: Pro Mini, Pro Short Mini
    Green: Pro Monster Mini
    Orange: Pro Light, Pro Micro
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    I believe this is what you have:

Red: Pro Mini, Pro Short Mini
    Green: Pro Monster Mini
    Orange: Pro Light, Pro Micro
    I will check when I get home and confirm... before the big game of course.
    FINAFLEX REP

8. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Cream of Rice, OEProtein, and nut butter. Look forward to it everyday (pre-workout).
    Ok I did 1/4 cup cream of rice with almost 2 level scoops of chocolate PB swirl protein and sliced a banana on top. Wow! This is damn good!!! Thanks breezy
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

9. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Have it as a pre wo meal. No harm done imo. I'm doing John's recipe atm. Cream of rice nut butter and sugar free chocolate syrup protein powder

Same here. No idea

Edit- thanks breezy for squaring that away.
    Independent

10. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Cream of Rice, OEProtein, and nut butter. Look forward to it everyday (pre-workout).
    Quick question.. are you taking this an hour before lifting or ? If you are also using a preworkout powder what is your time line like leading into the workout?
    FINAFLEX REP

11. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Quick question.. are you taking this an hour before lifting or ? If you are also using a preworkout powder what is your time line like leading into the workout?
    Great question, I was wondering as well. Also this maybe a stupid question but when you say nut butter you mean peanut butter right?
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

12. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Great question, I was wondering as well. Also this maybe a stupid question but when you say nut butter you mean peanut butter right?
    Obviously I'm not breezy lol but I'm taking mine about 45 mins b4 my lift or a tad sooner. I then hit uo my stimul8 or Ignite2 a out 10 mins b4 I begin my lift.
    Independent

13. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Obviously I'm not breezy lol but I'm taking mine about 45 mins b4 my lift or a tad sooner. I then hit uo my stimul8 or Ignite2 a out 10 mins b4 I begin my lift.
    I actually quit having oats pre wo as they were giving me a huge gut ache. Cream of rice absorbs way faster so it's a huge win imo. The chocolate syrup is awesome for flavor.
    Independent

14. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    I actually quit having oats pre wo as they were giving me a huge gut ache. Cream of rice absorbs way faster so it's a huge win imo. The chocolate syrup is awesome for flavor.
    Oats pre do the same thing to be.. will give this a go. Thanks for sharing your pre-protocol Justin.
    FINAFLEX REP

15. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Ok I did 1/4 cup cream of rice with almost 2 level scoops of chocolate PB swirl protein and sliced a banana on top. Wow! This is damn good!!! Thanks breezy
    No problem. Glad you liked it man.

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

Have it as a pre wo meal. No harm done imo. I'm doing John's recipe atm. Cream of rice nut butter and sugar free chocolate syrup protein powder

Same here. No idea

Edit- thanks breezy for squaring that away.
    Pre-workout of champions.

No problem, bud.

I eat my Cream of Rice immediately before heading to the gym, which is usually 30-45 mins before I actually start training. I rarely use pre-workout stims anymore. Probably a couple times per month. If I do, I drink my pre on the ride to the gym, right after my meal.

Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Peanut or almond butter. I rotate based on what flavor OEProtein I'm using. Vanilla with almond, Banana with peanut, Strawberry or Chocolate is a toss up.

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

I literally haven't had a single oat since first trying Cream of Rice.
    PEScience Representative

16. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    No problem. Glad you liked it man. Pre-workout of champions. No problem, bud. I eat my Cream of Rice immediately before heading to the gym, which is usually 30-45 mins before I actually start training. I rarely use pre-workout stims anymore. Probably a couple times per month. If I do, I drink my pre on the ride to the gym, right after my meal. Peanut or almond butter. I rotate based on what flavor OEProtein I'm using. Vanilla with almond, Banana with peanut, Strawberry or Chocolate is a toss up. I literally haven't had a single oat since first trying Cream of Rice.
    Ok ok ok. I'm sold. This is going in the basket next grocery day lol

17. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Ok ok ok. I'm sold. This is going in the basket next grocery day lol
    It won't disappoint, its great with protein mixed in
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

18. Checkin in for the no oats anymore club.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

19. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    I believe this is what you have:Red: Pro Mini, Pro Short MiniGreen: Pro Monster MiniOrange: Pro Light, Pro Micro
    Just checked.. and you are right on the money. Thanks for clearing that up for me lol
    FINAFLEX REP

20. Some motivational words from the young, but knowledgeable and insightful, Alexander Juan Antonio Cortes :

"On finding passion,

Had a conversation with a friend yesterday who wanted to know how I had "found" my passion in the fitness industry.

I didnt find. I BUILT IT.

I never planned to work in this field or had grand foresight in goal setting. Truth be told, Ive never set goals in anything, I just had things I wanted to do, so I learned what i needed to do and then did them. I started personal training in college part time and after walking out of the performing arts field, training I enjoyed enough to keep on doing.

I always had a commitment to improving at it, but there were many times when I considered quitting and doing something else. Apathy, doubt, resentment were things I experienced. I just never gave into them

So Despite those periods, I held fast to the belief that so long as I worked as hard as I could, those points of doubts would be followed by periods of growth. Much like having strength or muscle stagnate and then super compensate, there are times when you simply need to keep your head down and do work, and trust the process of this leads to something.

Year over year I found myself loving it more and more, even when I wanted to break up with it. And the more into it I was, the more it rewarded me, and the harder I worked the more opportunities presented themselves, and then the harder I could work taking those on, and so on and so forth

So the "finding" of passion then, I really dont believe it works that way at all. And everyone young my age thats flighty and "searching" really needs to take a step back and WORK at something before declaring themselves lost. You're not lost, but youve likely never worked hard enough at anything to "find" yourself in it."
    PEScience Representative

21. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Just checked.. and you are right on the money. Thanks for clearing that up for me lol
    Nice. Haha glad I could help, man. Go B's!
    PEScience Representative

22. Tonight's session was solid, especially having only slept 3 hours last night. I felt awful for the majority of the day, but thankfully, my pre/peri-nutrititon carried me through no problem and I've felt much better since.

Incline DB Press
    60x10 (warm-up)
    70x10 (warm-up)
    80x10 (warm-up)
    90x8 (warm-up)
    95x8
    100x8
    105x8, 75x8, 50x8

-25lb plates used for slight incline

-constant tension

Banded Incline Smith Presses
    135x20
    185x15 + 10 second iso-hold at midpoint of last rep
    205x10 + 10 second iso-hold at midpoint of last rep
    225x5 + 10 second iso-hold at midpoint of last rep

-~22 degree incline

-elbows tucked in slightly, bringing bar to chest just below nipple line, driving to lockout

Incline DB Flyes
    50x10, 25+band x 5
    50x10, 25+band x 5

Pushups
    1 set to failure

Standing DB Side Laterals
    20x20
    30x10, 15x10
    25x10, 15x10

-strict form (no swinging)

-hard flex in the contracted position

Rear Delt Incline DB Flyes
    15x20 + 15 second iso-hold
    25x10 + 15 second iso-hold, band x 10 + 10 second iso-hold
    30x8 + 15 second iso-hold, band x 10 + 10 second iso-hold

-all reps with a full range of motion, held the weight (and band) in mid-position for iso-holds

Banded Cage Press
    45 (bar) +band x 8
    95+band x5
    95+band x5
    95+band x5
    95+band x5

-set pins to chin level

-strict form: chin right up against bar, explosively pressing straight up (no momentum), ducking head under bar at lockout to fully engage delts/traps, lowering to just above pins with a 4 second eccentric
    PEScience Representative

23. Damn, hell of a workout! I can't wait to get my bands so I can start implementing them in my training.
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

24. Banded cage presses? That sounds absolutely fantastic.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

25. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    Banded cage presses? That sounds absolutely fantastic.
    Cage press is one of my favs. But I also find it very challenging. I think banding that lift sounds super tough

26. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Cage press is one of my favs. But I also find it very challenging. I think banding that lift sounds super tough
    I love cage presses. The bands intrigue me. Might try it Tuesday.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

27. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Damn, hell of a workout! I can't wait to get my bands so I can start implementing them in my training.

Thanks Pete! You'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    Banded cage presses? That sounds absolutely fantastic.
    Yup. I came up with the idea a few months ago and they're amazing; one of my favorite ways to implement a band. The added tension feels fantastic at the top and smokes the rear delts/traps during the eccentric as well.

This wasn't the exact approach used today, but same idea. Just wrap a band around your back, have it come up under your arms, and loop it around your thumbs.

PEScience Representative

28. I absolutely loved this morning's back session. Not having to plan my own training is great, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it for now.

Cable Rows (neutral wide grip)
    60x15 (warm-up)
    80x15 (warm-up)
    90x20
    100x20
    110x20

-sitting straight up, allowing arms to extend and shoulder blades to spread before driving the elbows back and flexing the upper/mid back hard

-focus on mind-muscle connection: weight wasn't a priority and keeping it on the low end allowed for a strong contraction each rep (and prevented it from turning into a bicep exercise)

Smith Machine Rows
    135x10 (warm-up)
    155x10 (warm-up)
    185x8
    185x8
    185x8

-stops set so the weight bottomed out at mid-shin level

-paused each rep at the bottom and then explosively drove elbows up/back with a flex hard at the top

DB Pullovers / Band Assisted Pull-ups
    55x12 / 8
    55x12 / 8
    55x12 / 8
    55x12 / 8

-pull-ups: arched back and kept sternum elevated while driving the elbows down

-pull-ups: brought grip in about 1 inch each set

Modified Rack Deads
    135x15 (warm-up)
    225x12
    225x12
    265x10
    265x10

-set hooks on cage to about waist level, grabbed BB, kept back flat and chest out, brought bar down to just above knees before pulling back and retracting scapulae/flexing back as hard as possible

-focus on pumping back, glutes kept loose

-if you can nail the form these are amazing

DB Dead-Stop Rows
    120x5
    130x5
    130x5, 130x3, 80x10

-5R/5L (and 3R/3L)

-drove elbows up/back hard with a 1 second flex at the top and a 3 second controlled eccentric
    PEScience Representative

29. Damn man that was an awesome workout! Clever idea on the band assisted pull-ups, I'm think I can rig that up at my house.
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

30. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Damn man that was an awesome workout! Clever idea on the band assisted pull-ups, I'm think I can rig that up at my house.
    Thanks man. I'm having fun putting together (and trying) sessions that I usually can't when planning training for someone else (based on training experience and/or goals).
    PEScience Representative
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 09:14 PM
  2. Check my food log this week and tell me what you think
    By dankone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 01:35 AM
  3. Study on Preworkout Supplements and Training
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 05:49 AM
  4. join the gym, or buy supplements and home train?
    By Kurruptive in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 03:09 AM
  5. My First Weightloss Log: Diet/training/supplements
    By Sxhawnn in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 04:50 AM