breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

Page 135 of 140 First ... 130133134135136137 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post

    That's literally the worst combo I've heard
    Haha it was awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    Damn homie . I got Brady on my fantasy, hoping he plays.
    Hoping he plays better next week. Still haven't seen highlights, but sounds like the pats were awful in the second half.

    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    I hate when life gets in the way of things..
    Yup. I love hitting the gym Sunday morning and coming home to football and a big post-workout meal. Missed out on training legs with some high level competitors too.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  2. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,865
    Rep Power
    5862792
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    31.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Ya, Brady got me a solid 9 points lol. They had 67 total second half yards.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  3. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,165
    Rep Power
    1586589
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    79.73%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    My dolphins took a dookie on Brady
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    superbeast668's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,935
    Rep Power
    2721611
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    12.69%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    My dolphins took a dookie on Brady
    They won't win next weekend.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  5. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    The Pats should be just fine.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  6. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I had a secondary leg session this morning. Nothing "heavy" was done, but my legs were torched, especially my quads. I decided to add walking lunges to the leg extension/db squat superset that I did a few weeks prior, which was grueling. I did 4 working rounds with some light hamstring work before and after.

    Here's the 1st working set. This round was a breeze compared to the ones that followed.





    I created a new YouTube account after calling and emailing Google multiple times without hearing back from anyone. Hopefully, it doesn't get shutdown.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  7. Diamond Member
    wasme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    11,206
    Rep Power
    4549369
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    17.71%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    I created a new YouTube account after calling and emailing Google multiple times without hearing back from anyone. Hopefully, it doesn't get shutdown.

    Do you still have all your previous videos on your computer? hope so, that was a lot of work ...
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  8. Elite Member
    RegisterJr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,485
    Rep Power
    3661303
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    19.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    breezy's training, supplementation, and food log


    That's just odd. Being that they won't respond I wonder if it was done by mistake. Not that it really matters...
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website atFINAFLEX.com


  9. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Do you still have all your previous videos on your computer? hope so, that was a lot of work ...
    I have some on my phone, but not many.

    Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    That's just odd. Being that they won't respond I wonder if it was done by mistake. Not that it really matters...
    Yeah, I think it was. I got locked out of gmail for some unknown reason and YouTube was shutdown at the same time (got back into gmail with verification code). It's impossible to actually talk to anyone from google. I tried using a "contact form" multiple times and got automated responses, and when calling I couldn't find an option to speak to someone. The response said they would review the form and contact me if more info was available, so maybe there's a chance I hear back eventually. They probably already deleted everything though.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  10. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,165
    Rep Power
    1586589
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    79.73%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    For the secondary sessions do you do any compound movemonets? Or mostly isolation with higher volume?
  11. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    For the secondary sessions do you do any compound movemonets? Or mostly isolation with higher volume?
    Compound movements are rare on any optional training day. Squats are an option, but the approach used is specific when they're done. When working chest, barbells are never used and dumbbell work is usually minimal. Sessions are generally focused on getting blood into the muscle without joint stress. The idea is to intelligently and safely add frequency, as well as enhance recovery and growth. There are different guidelines, exercises, or sessions that can be used for each muscle being trained. These "optional" days are only used when recovery allows for it as well.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  12. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,165
    Rep Power
    1586589
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    79.73%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Compound movements are rare on any optional training day. Squats are an option, but the approach used is specific when they're done. When working chest, barbells are never used and dumbbell work is usually minimal. Sessions are generally focused on getting blood into the muscle without joint stress. The idea is to intelligently and safely add frequency, as well as enhance recovery and growth. There are different guidelines, exercises, or sessions that can be used for each muscle being trained. These "optional" days are only used when recovery allows for it as well.
    thanks man!
    you're like an encyclopedia of knowledge lol i love it
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  13. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    thanks man!
    you're like an encyclopedia of knowledge lol i love it
    No problem man. Lol knowledge is power.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  14. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I came up with my own secondary back session tonight. My back was smoked and I was happy with what was accomplished.


    Here's some clips from every exercise that was done:


    Band Resisted HS Iso-Lateral Leg Press rows: These have become one of my favorite rowing variations. I switched things up and did 10 reps with a pumping style, followed by 4 reps with a slow concentric, flex/hold at peak contraction, and a slow eccentric. This approach had my lats blown up quick.





    Incline Cable Rows: I hit these from 3 different angles, which worked my back from top to bottom. My chest was arched and back kept tight. Single handle attachments were used to allow for a greater range of motion and stronger contraction (compared to a close neutral grip attachment).





    Decline Straight Bar/Cable Pullovers: You can use a greater range of motion on these without losing tension on your lats compared to using a dumbbell.





    Elevated Rhomboid Rack Rows: I hung my head off the front of the bench and lined up to work the upper back. Elbows were kept high and wide while driving the weight up against the rack.

    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  15. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Banded HS Pulldown Variation: I wanted to finish off the session with a big stretch, which was really enhanced by how I was positioned and holding the arms of the machine.

    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  16. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Here's a couple videos from this morning's leg session.



    BB Back Squats: These were done with a 3 second eccentric to a little above parallel. I'm not a huge fan of this approach, but it does noticeably keep more tension on my quads, as opposed to having more of the weight shift to my hamstrings and glutes when using a wider stance and going deeper. I thought I went a little deeper than the video shows, but it can be hard to tell when the camera is set up at ground level. Either way, my quads were destroyed, so mission accomplished. I hadn't had a spotter for squats in ages, which was a little awkward.

    I worked up with sets of 10 until I got to what would be a tough 6 without grinding. 3 sets were done once I reached that weight. The video shows a set of 425x10 and 455x5 (final set). I could've grinded out another rep or 2 (did 455x6 without issue on the 2 sets prior), but that wasn't the goal, and my lower back has been feeling sketchy.


    *video was flagged for copyrighted music, so I replaced it with an option from youtube




    Leg Extensions: This was the 3rd of 3 sets, with a triple drop and forced reps.


    *video wasn't flagged, but the music was more clear than the first
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  17. Professional Member
    gokix811's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,737
    Rep Power
    1718209
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    49.7%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    You're adding music or is it gym music playing in the background?
    Squats do a booty good.
  18. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Background. I'd never tried adding music, until I replaced the sound from the squat video today (with music directly from youtube). YouTube recognized Bone Thugs n Harmony in the background, but didn't care about "poppin tags". Not sure if it should matter, since a ton of training videos clearly have copyrighted music blasting. It's very clear in a lot of elitefts videos. I don't need to lose another account though.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  19. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    This morning, I was asked why I use such light weight when performing side laterals. This is something I've mentioned before, but it's because "light weight" is tough, IF you're only using your delts to move it. If you're trying to set a DB lateral PR, than you should probably reconsider your approach (same with a lot of exercises). It can be difficult to soley target your delts with laterals, but if you get it down, 10-20lbs will be just a challenging (probably more) as using 30lbs+. You'll notice how much more of a beating the target muscle takes as well.

    There are times when some momentum and heavier weight can be used, but for strict form, full ROM reps, a couple things can make a considerable difference in the effectiveness of the movement. Mind-muscle connection is key and often hard to establish and maintain with laterals. Focus hard on only using your delts to move the weight and keeping tension on them throughout the movement. Contract your delts from the very start of the movement. Try tightening them up before you even lift the weight and have them reach peak contraction at the top while flexing hard. After going over these points with the guy who questioned me, he performed a few sets until he could make 10lbs "feel" heavy. He couldn't believe how much more he got out of them, using 20lbs less than he originally was (said he didn't feel much before). Hopefully he sticks with it because I've had this exact conversation before and people's egos soon have them forgetting the difference it can make.


    Here's a set of bent-over laterals and part of 2 sets of standard side laterals from today's session. I started with 20lbs for 15 reps on the 1st set of bent-over laterals, but dropped to 15lbs for the sets that followed (spidercrawls were supersetted with all laterals). For the standing laterals, 15lbs was used for 1 set of 12 and 10lbs was used for the next. The final set with 10lbs was the most challenging of the day, due to maintaining strict form and not allowing the mind-muscle connection to slip.





    Meadows and Ken Jackson have strong and massive delts, yet only use 20lbs for sets of 10 when using a full range of motion.

    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  20. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,865
    Rep Power
    5862792
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    31.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I hate everyone who lives close to a Trader Joes. Finally went to one today in Colorado (just opened up). Got a few goodies though .
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  21. Elite Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,317
    Rep Power
    4668320
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    93.16%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I hate everyone who lives close to a Trader Joes. Finally went to one today in Colorado (just opened up). Got a few goodies though .
    I have one that's like 35min away but never go mostly because it's in the city and a) I despise traffic, and b) it's always absolutely PACKED with people, mostly weird stinky hippies and the like.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  22. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I hate everyone who lives close to a Trader Joes. Finally went to one today in Colorado (just opened up). Got a few goodies though .
    Lol nice. You must really hate me because I have 2 within 10 mins and another that I drive by all the time. I think there's about 20 locations in MA.

    Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post

    I have one that's like 35min away but never go mostly because it's in the city and a) I despise traffic, and b) it's always absolutely PACKED with people, mostly weird stinky hippies and the like.
    It's rare to see "hippies" at the ones I go to. I think it stopped being hip a few years ago, and they stick to Whole Foods and smaller organic markets.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  23. Elite Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,317
    Rep Power
    4668320
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    93.16%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Lol nice. You must really hate me because I have 2 within 10 mins and another that I drive by all the time. I think there's about 20 locations in MA. It's rare to see "hippies" at the ones I go to. I think it stopped being hip a few years ago, and they stick to Whole Foods and smaller organic markets.
    Ya whole foods is even worse as far as %of hippies but trader joes attracts the broke smelly ones that can't afford whole foods haha
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  24. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,865
    Rep Power
    5862792
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    31.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Ya this one in Boulder, Colorado just opened. It's not way huge (dunno if any are) but I was pumped when I saw it lol. And there definitely were some hippies in there. Was pretty busy as well.

    And yep, now I really dislike you Matt. 2.5 hours is how far I'll have to drive to go again.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  25. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Ya this one in Boulder, Colorado just opened. It's not way huge (dunno if any are) but I was pumped when I saw it lol. And there definitely were some hippies in there. Was pretty busy as well.

    And yep, now I really dislike you Matt. 2.5 hours is how far I'll have to drive to go again.
    Some locations are bigger than others. Boulder has a good amount of hippies in general from what I remember. I haven't been in 10+ years, but have family there. I used to go watch Kordell Stuart, Michael Westbrook, and Rashaan Salaam. My aunt and uncle had season tickets.

    That sucks. You should buy a freezer and stock up lol.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  26. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,865
    Rep Power
    5862792
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    31.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Some locations are bigger than others. Boulder has a good amount of hippies in general from what I remember. I haven't been in 10+ years, but have family there. I used to go watch Kordell Stuart, Michael Westbrook, and Rashaan Salaam. My aunt and uncle had season tickets.

    That sucks. You should buy a freezer and stock up lol.
    I wanted to so bad but I have no room . Next time I head there though I am stocking up no matter what. On the drive home I was kinda pissed I didn't grab more.

    Any recommendations on what to grab?

    I snagged some: Cookie Butter, Cookie Cocoa Swirl, Pumpkin Butter, Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle Mix, Cinnamon Swirl Ezekiel bread as well as regular Ezekiel bread, and a BBQ Chicken pizza.

    Boulder has some awesome scenery especially with the mountains right there.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  27. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I wanted to so bad but I have no room . Next time I head there though I am stocking up no matter what. On the drive home I was kinda pissed I didn't grab more.

    Any recommendations on what to grab?

    I snagged some: Cookie Butter, Cookie Cocoa Swirl, Pumpkin Butter, Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle Mix, Cinnamon Swirl Ezekiel bread as well as regular Ezekiel bread, and a BBQ Chicken pizza.

    Boulder has some awesome scenery especially with the mountains right there.

    I do the majority of my food shopping there. Some staples are microwavable organic jasmine rice (3mins for 2 cups cooked perfectly), 85/15 organic grass fed beef (I get leaner gfb at a different store), 99% fat free all natural ground turkey, liquid egg whites, fat free cottage cheese, fat free Greek yogurt, cage free omega eggs, almond butter, and coconut oil. I get chile lime chicken burgers every couple weeks and the sliced roast turkey and grilled chicken strips (not frozen) are awesome, but expensive. Spices are good and cheap. I always keep cracked black pepper (grinder), sea salt, and South African Smoke on hand. 21 Seasoning Salute is good too.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  28. Diamond Member
    wasme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    11,206
    Rep Power
    4549369
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    17.71%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    The video shows a set of 425x10 and 455x5 (final set). I could've grinded out another rep or 2 (did 455x6 without issue on the 2 sets prior), but that wasn't the goal, and my lower back has been feeling sketchy.
    You never use a belt ?

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    There are times when some momentum and heavier weight can be used, but for strict form, full ROM reps, a couple things can make a considerable difference in the effectiveness of the movement. Mind-muscle connection is key and often hard to establish and maintain with laterals. Focus hard on only using your delts to move the weight and keeping tension on them throughout the movement. Contract your delts from the very start of the movement. Try tightening them up before you even lift the weight and have them reach peak contraction at the top while flexing hard. After going over these points with the guy who questioned me, he performed a few sets until he could make 10lbs "feel" heavy. He couldn't believe how much more he got out of them, using 20lbs less than he originally was (said he didn't feel much before). Hopefully he sticks with it because I've had this exact conversation before and people's egos soon have them forgetting the difference it can make.
    This makes me think it is time to really lower that weight and completely focus on the contraction...

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I hate everyone who lives close to a Trader Joes. Finally went to one today in Colorado (just opened up). Got a few goodies though .
    In Canada, they are non-existant. Closest one for me is in Buffalo (2 hours away)...
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  29. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    You never use a belt ?


    This makes me think it is time to really lower that weight and completely focus on the contraction...


    In Canada, they are non-existant. Closest one for me is in Buffalo (2 hours away)...

    I've never tried using a belt or knee wraps.

    It can be tough to stick to. I started going a little heavier for a few weeks, but thought better, and the difference has been very noticeable.

    Still closer than kbayne.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  30. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Here's a couple videos from today's back session:



    One Arm BB Row / T-Bar Row supersets: I did 2 warm-up and 5 working sets, moving up in weight each set. By the end, it looked like I had gone swimming.





    Low Rows (shoulder width neutral grip): 4 sets of 8 with weight added to each set.

    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  31. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,865
    Rep Power
    5862792
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    31.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    I do the majority of my food shopping there. Some staples are microwavable organic jasmine rice (3mins for 2 cups cooked perfectly), 85/15 organic grass fed beef (I get leaner gfb at a different store), 99% fat free all natural ground turkey, liquid egg whites, fat free cottage cheese, fat free Greek yogurt, cage free omega eggs, almond butter, and coconut oil. I get chile lime chicken burgers every couple weeks and the sliced roast turkey and grilled chicken strips (not frozen) are awesome, but expensive. Spices are good and cheap. I always keep cracked black pepper (grinder), sea salt, and South African Smoke on hand. 21 Seasoning Salute is good too.
    Awesome. Next time I go, i'll check into some of these. That chile lime chicken burgers sound bomb!

    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    In Canada, they are non-existant. Closest one for me is in Buffalo (2 hours away)...
    Yep, you still got me by 30 minutes closer lol.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  32. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Awesome. Next time I go, i'll check into some of these. That chile lime chicken burgers sound bomb!

    They're awesome. I ground some up and mixed with jasmine rice, green/banana/jalapeņo peppers, and onion yesterday. Fantastic.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  33. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,865
    Rep Power
    5862792
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    31.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Okay, Wyoming sucks lol. Just hit King Soopers in Colorado and didn't know they had Carb Master yogurt. Snagged 40 of them lol. 10 for $4!!
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  34. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Okay, Wyoming sucks lol. Just hit King Soopers in Colorado and didn't know they had Carb Master yogurt. Snagged 40 of them lol. 10 for $4!!
    Lol score. I haven't tried those, but heard they're pretty good.


    Light leg work this morning, then work for an hour or 2, and hopefully on the couch around 1pm.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  35. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Here's a study that I posted yesterday on targeting different areas of the hamstrings:

    Targeting Different Aspects of the Hamstrings
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  36. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,865
    Rep Power
    5862792
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    31.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Here's a study that I posted yesterday on targeting different areas of the hamstrings: Targeting Different Aspects of the Hamstrings
    I read that study the other day (was posted in twitter). Really good stuff.

    Hope you can get in some football watchin today!
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  37. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I read that study the other day (was posted in twitter). Really good stuff.

    Hope you can get in some football watchin today!
    So far, not so good. I caught one drive of the Pats game (Brady to Edelman TD) and won't make it home for the 4th quarter. I'll probably catch the second half of the late games though and that's when the majority of my fantasy guys play.



    I did the following during this morning's leg session.


    -Lying Leg curls


    -Hack Squats: After a few warm-up sets, I did 3 sets of 15 with 3 plates per side, 3 sets of 10 with 4 plates, and 3 sets of 8 with 5 plates. Constant tension was used until the final 3 sets. Here's a set with 4 plates and the final set with 5 (which eventually turned into singles because my legs were smoked).





    -Leg Extensions


    -Smith Lunges


    -GHRs
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  38. Diamond Member
    wasme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    11,206
    Rep Power
    4549369
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    17.71%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    I've never tried using a belt or knee wraps.
    Think my back would snap in half without a belt even in the high 2's... impressive Matt.
    (If you remember I had back surgery years ago, so easily tweaked)

    Still closer than kbayne.
    Yep, you still got me by 30 minutes closer lol.
    But I have customs to deal with!!! lol



    On a side note, finished Reactive Pump yesterday - successful run that was. And delved into Muscular Demolition this morning - going to be fun!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  39. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Think my back would snap in half without a belt even in the high 2's... impressive Matt.
    (If you remember I had back surgery years ago, so easily tweaked)

    But I have customs to deal with!!! lol

    On a side note, finished Reactive Pump yesterday - successful run that was. And delved into Muscular Demolition this morning - going to be fun!
    Thanks man. Yeah, I remember you dealing with back issues. It's definitely not something to be taken lightly.


    Lol forgot about that.


    Awesome. I think you'll enjoy it. I don't remember a lot of the details, but thought it was a solid program.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  40. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    4436356
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quick chest/shoulder pump session this morning. There were only 3 exercises total, but that was plenty.

    For chest, I did 8 sets of 10 on neutral grip incline machine press (after a couple warm-up sets). Rest was 60 seconds between sets and the pump was intense.


    Shoulders started with 6 ways supersetted with neutral grip overhead machine press. The combo was done for 4 rounds (10 reps 6 ways/6 reps press).

    3rd superset




    I finished with band pull aparts for 3 sets of 15.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 09:14 PM
  2. Check my food log this week and tell me what you think
    By dankone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 01:35 AM
  3. Study on Preworkout Supplements and Training
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 05:49 AM
  4. join the gym, or buy supplements and home train?
    By Kurruptive in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 03:09 AM
  5. My First Weightloss Log: Diet/training/supplements
    By Sxhawnn in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 04:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in