breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

Page 132 of 231 First ... 130131132133134 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyjd View Post
    Just so I'm understand you correctly, that's the weight including the chains? 20lb chains?
    That's without. I usually don't factor in chains or bands, but made that kind of confusing. The total weight was probably around 235lbs (at the top of the movement).
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    That's without. I usually don't factor in chains or bands, but made that kind of confusing. The total weight was probably around 235lbs.
    thanks
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyjd View Post
    thanks
    No problem bud.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  4. It's going to be long day. No time for the gym before work (was back at hospital), but I should get a back session in tonight. I'm saving my carbs for this evening, so I made some big, very low carb (<5g net) pancakes.

    Name:  IMG_20140109_072739.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  104.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_20140109_072844.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  87.5 KB

    -2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream OxyELITE Protein
    -220g egg whites
    -1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    -1.5 tsp baking powder
    -ground cinnamon (to taste and sprinkled on top)
    -Walden Farms Pancake Syrup

    They were great.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  5. Those look great! How is the walden farm syrup?
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Those look great! How is the walden farm syrup?
    They were awesome and came out a lot better than I thought they would. The syrup is actually really good. It's my favorite product in the WF line.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    It's going to be long day. No time for the gym before work (was back at hospital), but I should get a back session in tonight. I'm saving my carbs for this evening, so I made some big, very low carb (<5g net) pancakes.

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95 019"/>
    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95 020"/>

    -2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream OxyELITE Protein
    -220g egg whites
    -1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    -1.5 tsp baking powder
    -ground cinnamon (to taste and sprinkled on top)
    -Walden Farms Pancake Syrup

    They were great.
    Stolen
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Stolen
    I have a pretty tasty recipe for protein pancakes myself. Not sure they are any better but they are different. Def don't look as healthy either. But for anyone interested :

    Protein pancakes
    1/2cup vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup almond flour
    1/2 cup quinoa flour
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 tsp salt
    1 tbsp extra virgin organic coconut
    Oil
    3 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tbsp brn sugar
    1/2 tbsp cin
    Makes 8 big pancakes.
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Definitely not as macro friendly as his in that his are pretty well pure protein. Sounds good if it fits though!

    I hear a rumour of a Banana OEProtein flavour as well. Pancakes must be tried.
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Stolen
    Have at it. The same ingredients can be used for a quick microwave cake (I put it in a big microwavable bowl and use 60% power for 2-3 mins), brownie, or whatever. I just blend those together whenever I want something fast and/or without carbs. You could add some oats and a little more almond milk and make the same things as well (baking works too if you have a few extra minutes).


    Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    I have a pretty tasty recipe for protein pancakes myself. Not sure they are any better but they are different. Def don't look as healthy either. But for anyone interested :

    Protein pancakes
    1/2cup vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup almond flour
    1/2 cup quinoa flour
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 tsp salt
    1 tbsp extra virgin organic coconut
    Oil
    3 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tbsp brn sugar
    1/2 tbsp cin
    Makes 8 big pancakes.

    Those sound good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Definitely not as macro friendly as his in that his are pretty well pure protein. Sounds good if it fits though!

    I hear a rumour of a Banana OEProtein flavour as well. Pancakes must be tried.

    They would've fit my macros, but I didn't start eating my carbs until a couple hours ago (450g).

    Yeah, looking forward to it. It should mix well with most of the other flavors too.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  11. 1/9/14


    I trained later than I have in over a year and it went very well. Strength was great and I felt fantastic.


    Meadows Rows
    50x8
    75x8
    100x8
    135x8
    135x8
    135x8
    135x8

    -focus was on form while being somewhat aggressive



    Chain Deadlifts
    135x3
    225x3
    275x3
    315x3
    315+1 chain (per side) x5
    315+2 chains x5
    315+3 chains x5
    315+4 chains x5

    -explosive: reset for a split second and fired the weight up hard (no bouncing)

    -These went up easier than expected. Explosiveness was solid on all sets.


    405x12

    -It wasn't called for, but I threw in somewhat of a challenge set. I was very surprised by how light these felt after removing the chains (and adding plates). I didn't start losing my speed/explosiveness until about the 9th or 10th rep. There were probably another 2 reps left in the tank, but I would've started grinding them out.



    DB Pullovers
    55x12
    55x12
    55x12
    55x12

    -lying on (not across) bench



    BB Shrugs
    275x10
    275x10
    275x10

    -2 sec hold/flex in contracted position



    Dead Hang
    90lbs for ~2mins

    -hanging from pull-up bar with dip belt+weight

    -head tilted back



    Banded Hyperextensions
    3 sets to failure (15-20 reps)
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  12. I love your workouts. Despite being physique oriented there is never a lack of some serious weight being thrown around on certain exercises. Nice balance between isolation and compound movements as well.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I love your workouts. Despite being physique oriented there is never a lack of some serious weight being thrown around on certain exercises. Nice balance between isolation and compound movements as well.
    Thanks bolt. That's what I love about them as well. They can go from some light DB work to cranking out compound movements with chains or bands. I couldn't be happier with the way that Meadows sets everything up.

    I just grabbed some new bands today too.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  14. 1/10/14


    Neutral Grip Machine Press
    80x20 (warm-up)
    120x10 (warm-up)
    140x10 (warm-up)
    160x10 (warm-up)
    180x10
    190x10
    200x10

    -split second hold/flex at lockout



    DB Hex Press (without hex DBs) / Band Over and Backs
    60x10 / 10
    60x10 / 10
    60x10 / 10
    60x10 / 10

    -hex press: 1 sec pause on chest / drive up and flex as hard as possible at the top / "smashing" DBs together throughout entire movement


    1st set:





    Stretch Pushups / Band Over and Backs
    failure / 10
    failure / 10
    failure / 10

    -pushups: feet elevated on 1' box / hands on aerobic steps / chain across back / chin up / sternum lowered to and touching ground / back straight



    DB Seated Side Laterals
    10x10
    15x10
    15x10
    15x10
    15x10

    -"ultra strict" form: no swinging or shrugging / lifting entirely with shoulders to eye level

    -I was asked by a couple of guys doing side laterals, why I was using such a light weight. I told them that my focus was on form, which led to helping them work on establishing a solid mind-muscle connection (which can be very difficult with lateral shoulder movements IMO). I asked them to really concentrate on lifting (and feeling) the DBS with their shoulders, right from the start of the movement (no arms, wrists, traps, or anything else assisting). There are 2 points in the movement where I think the mind-muscle connection can easily be lost and other muscles/momentum start getting involved. One is immediately, when first lifting the weight and the other is about 1/3 of the way up during the concentric portion. I had them try being conscious of this and they were amazed by how little that they could actually lift when only using their delts. They first tried using 20lb DBs and both had the weight stall around 1/3 of the way up. 10lbs ended up being the perfect weight for them to perform "smooth", controlled reps, with strict form. Once someone (with bodybuilding goals) realizes that "heavy" is relative and muscle knows tension, certain movements start becoming much more effective.



    DB Seated Front Raises
    15x10
    15x10
    15x10
    15x10

    -strict form / raising to ~2-3" above eye level



    Band Pullaparts
    20
    20
    20

    -lifting chest while pulling band apart / 1 sec flex and hold
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  15. Breezy, are you currently doing the muscular demolition program? How do you like this compared to the reactive pump program?

  16. Breezy, I respect the fact that you stop and help others to make things more effective. That said, you do that here every day. I (and I am sure I can say WE) pick up something everyday when you post a workout/video/explanation. Thanks man.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  17. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Breezy, are you currently doing the muscular demolition program? How do you like this compared to the reactive pump program?
    Yeah, there's about 2 weeks left. It's been great and helped get my strength/size up since my competition. I'm around 210lbs and leaner than I was the last time I weighed the same. Reactive Pump is solid too. If I remember correctly, I think it has a lot more supersets on arm and chest/shoulder (pump) days. Most of the Muscular Demolition sessions follow Meadows' approach of getting the muscle full of blood, hitting it with explosive work, getting a massive pump, and working the pumped muscle with a movement that emphasizes stretch. I believe RP (and the rest of his programs) has a similar approach as well. I'd definitely recommend either one.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Breezy, I respect the fact that you stop and help others to make things more effective. That said, you do that here every day. I (and I am sure I can say WE) pick up something everyday when you post a workout/video/explanation. Thanks man.
    Thanks for the kind words wasme. It really means a lot. I'm always willing to help anyone where I can. I wouldn't go around the gym correcting people's form though. The guys were genuinely thankful for the advice, which was pretty cool. Hopefully, I don't see them "throwing" 40lb DBs up again next week . It's awesome to hear that you or anyone else is benefiting from this log. Thanks again man.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  19. I noticed they both involved hitting chest and Delts twice weekly. I think I'm going to do the twelve week program three, followed by md, then rp. Not sure exactly though

  20. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I noticed they both involved hitting chest and Delts twice weekly. I think I'm going to do the twelve week program three, followed by md, then rp. Not sure exactly though
    This is my plan as well. Currently doing program 3, and once doing moving into Reactive Pump.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  21. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I noticed they both involved hitting chest and Delts twice weekly. I think I'm going to do the twelve week program three, followed by md, then rp. Not sure exactly though
    Yup, I like the additional light work. That sounds like a solid plan, ace.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  22. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but made some this morning before heading to work (working all weekend). I usually have it black, but decided to try it with evco. Its great. I'd add some Kerrygold butter as well, but am currently out (I think there's a name for the coffee, evco, grass fed butter mix).


    I'll be working until around 4:30pm, which gives me just enough time to get to the gym for a leg session and get home before the Pats game. I'm saving my carbs for later (doing this whenever I train in late afternoon/early evening, which is probably 2-3 times per week) and look forward to a feast, right around game time.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    I was never a big coffee drinker either until recently I have a cup a day now. Tried it every which way, coffee shops, different blends instant and grinds, keurig cups, couldn't do it.

    One day came across the Torani sugar free coffee syrups and tried out the caramel in plain instant coffee and loved it. They have hazlenut and vanilla as well that I've seen.
    If you wanted a calorie free way to sweeten and make coffee more bearable I would try it out
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    I was never a big coffee drinker either until recently I have a cup a day now. Tried it every which way, coffee shops, different blends instant and grinds, keurig cups, couldn't do it. One day came across the Torani sugar free coffee syrups and tried out the caramel in plain instant coffee and loved it. They have hazlenut and vanilla as well that I've seen. If you wanted a calorie free way to sweeten and make coffee more bearable I would try it out
    I used to be that way, tried a lot of different things and would "foo-foo" it up, as my dad would say lol....stuff was delicious.

    Slowly over the years I've dropped things from my coffee little by little to now, I can only drink it black lol. Weird how things change.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  25. Following these workouts and learning allot I know if someone as big as you can grow with small weights, I shouldn't fear doing the same thing.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    I was never a big coffee drinker either until recently I have a cup a day now. Tried it every which way, coffee shops, different blends instant and grinds, keurig cups, couldn't do it.

    One day came across the Torani sugar free coffee syrups and tried out the caramel in plain instant coffee and loved it. They have hazlenut and vanilla as well that I've seen.
    If you wanted a calorie free way to sweeten and make coffee more bearable I would try it out
    I don't mind the taste of coffee at all and actually prefer it black. I'd heard/read about adding evco (and grass fed butter) and needed some fats, so I gave it a shot. I absolutely love caramel though, so I'll probably check those out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    i used to be that way, tried a lot of different things and would "foo-foo" it up, as my dad would say lol....stuff was delicious.

    Slowly over the years I've dropped things from my coffee little by little to now, I can only drink it black lol. Weird how things change.
    I started liking black coffee when it was all that I drank on competition day lol. Especially after only drinking16oz water the day before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyjd View Post
    Following these workouts and learning allot I know if someone as big as you can grow with small weights, I shouldn't fear doing the same thing.
    Great to hear bud. Haha yeah, there's more than one way to grow. I love lifting "heavy" as well, but it really depends on the movement and my focus at the time. There's nothing wrong with moving big weight, as long as your joints/tendons/ligaments aren't what's being "worked".
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  27. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Great to hear bud. Haha yeah, there's more than one way to grow. I love lifting "heavy" as well, but it really depends on the movement and my focus at the time. There's nothing wrong with moving big weight, as long as your joints/tendons/ligaments aren't what's being "worked".
    Yeah. I just know my form could be better when I'm churning out higher weights on certain accessory lifts like lateral raises and db curls. From what I'm seeing it's probably better to take a half step back and work on form with those ones.

  28. Pardon my ignorance, what is EVCO?

    I drink my coffee (with a touch of almond milk, and usually 1 splenda)... I really should try drinking it black.

    Couple of big games tonight Breezy. Pats then the Bruins at 1030 (who need a damn win). I enjoy watching football but not like hockey - so don't really have a team that I route for. There are definitely teams though I enjoy watching.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  29. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, what is EVCO?

    I drink my coffee (with a touch of almond milk, and usually 1 splenda)... I really should try drinking it black.

    Couple of big games tonight Breezy. Pats then the Bruins at 1030 (who need a damn win). I enjoy watching football but not like hockey - so don't really have a team that I route for. There are definitely teams though I enjoy watching.
    Extra virgin coconut oil
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyjd View Post
    Yeah. I just know my form could be better when I'm churning out higher weights on certain accessory lifts like lateral raises and db curls. From what I'm seeing it's probably better to take a half step back and work on form with those ones.
    Yeah, you might be surprised by how much more of a beating the targeted muscle takes with a lighter weight and strict form.


    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, what is EVCO?

    I drink my coffee (with a touch of almond milk, and usually 1 splenda)... I really should try drinking it black.

    Couple of big games tonight Breezy. Pats then the Bruins at 1030 (who need a damn win). I enjoy watching football but not like hockey - so don't really have a team that I route for. There are definitely teams though I enjoy watching.
    Yup, big night of sports. Football is definitely my second favorite sport to watch and play, behind hockey. I need to hurry up and make some food before I miss kickoff.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 09:14 PM
  2. Check my food log this week and tell me what you think
    By dankone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 01:35 AM
  3. Study on Preworkout Supplements and Training
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 05:49 AM
  4. join the gym, or buy supplements and home train?
    By Kurruptive in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 03:09 AM
  5. My First Weightloss Log: Diet/training/supplements
    By Sxhawnn in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 04:50 AM
Log in
Log in