breezy's training, supplementation, and food log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 131

breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

Page 131 of 137 First ... 126129130131132133136 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post

I'll do that tonight. Thank you!
    Jiigzz has it covered. Do some rear delt work before and your shoulders should look and feel like they were attacked by a swarm of bees . Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    NP, Breezy got me on to Meadows stuff. I cant afford his programs, but both Breezys and Meadows videos help with different exercise variations.
    Good to hear you find them helpful man.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I hit a quick arm session this morning. It was 2 tri-sets, for 5 rounds each. I threw in 6 sets of back work and called it a day.

Here's a straight arm pulldown variation that was used at the end of my session. These are solid and the dual ropes allow you to extend the range of motion at the bottom.

PES Representative
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

Is that two ropes?
    Last edited by RegisterJr; 08-01-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: k
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website atFINAFLEX.com

•   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

hey breezy, you ever use True Nutrition to make your own Intra-Blend? I was thinking of doing that instead of buying HBCD and EAA's separately. I built one that's CCCD flavored, and is 113 Cals a scoop, 19g CHO from HBCD, 9g Protein, 2/3 Hydrolyzed Caseinate and 1/3 Whey Isolate

Figured two scoops would give me a solid ratio of what I need. 2 lbs (30 Servings) = $34.60

Where as Amino IV at 30 servings = say about $25
    Cheapest unflavored Glycofuse 30 servings (2 scoops from a 60 serving tub) = $37
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Is that two ropes?
    Pretty sure it is 2 tricep pushdown ropes, and if not you can do it with them by moving the collars to one end.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    hey breezy, you ever use True Nutrition to make your own Intra-Blend? I was thinking of doing that instead of buying HBCD and EAA's separately. I built one that's CCCD flavored, and is 113 Cals a scoop, 19g CHO from HBCD, 9g Protein, 2/3 Hydrolyzed Caseinate and 1/3 Whey Isolate

Figured two scoops would give me a solid ratio of what I need. 2 lbs (30 Servings) = $34.60

Cheapest unflavored Glycofuse 30 servings (2 scoops from a 60 serving tub) = $37

Not too speak for Breezy, but pretty sure he does indeed make his own custom blend there.
    FINAFLEX REP
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Not too speak for Breezy, but pretty sure he does indeed make his own custom blend there.
    ohhhhh thanks @wasme! appreciate that that's good to know. i just made one, but idk what flavors are good. was going to wait to order to see what people thought, and then sell off my 4 tubs of Amino IV either on the auction or to some of my friends.

got one that's 65% HBCD, 20% PeptoPro, and 15% Hydrolized Whey. 2 lbs and 30 scoops (giving me 15 servings) would give me 224 kcals, 0F, 38CHO and 16Pro intra workout.

whereas 2 glycofuse and 2 amino iv gives me: 260/0/50/15. both costs are about the same, only convenience is I can make and change the ratios as I get bigger and require more carbs intra wo (I only use 25 right now cutting, but plan to bump to 40g when reverse dieting)

flavor choices i'm thinking are CCCD, Chocolate Peanut BUtter, or Chocolate Banana.

Interested to see what Breezy uses or recommends.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Is that two ropes?

Yup. "dual ropes" = 2 ropes. Using 2 ropes for tricep pushdowns is great as well. They allow a greater range of motion and full extension. Here's an old video.

I get Peptopro and HBCD from TN, but don't have them mix it for me. I vary the amounts used based on training and it wouldn't work out with a pre-mixed blend. At times I'll use twice as much HBCD training legs than I would for an arm session.

Pretty sure it is 2 tricep pushdown ropes, and if not you can do it with them by moving the collars to one end.
    Correct.

A couple times I've made my own custom protein blend when placing an order for Peptopro, HBCD, EAA, etc. and running low on OxyELITE Protein. It's a 50/50 whey and casein blend with Native Milk Protein Isolate (80% casein/20% whey), Whey Protein Isolate, and Micellar Casein. It's pretty expensive though.

ohhhhh thanks @<u><a href="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/member.php?u=79831" target="_blank">wasme</a></u>! appreciate that that's good to know. i just made one, but idk what flavors are good. was going to wait to order to see what people thought, and then sell off my 4 tubs of Amino IV either on the auction or to some of my friends.

got one that's 65% HBCD, 20% PeptoPro, and 15% Hydrolized Whey. 2 lbs and 30 scoops (giving me 15 servings) would give me 224 kcals, 0F, 38CHO and 16Pro intra workout.

whereas 2 glycofuse and 2 amino iv gives me: 260/0/50/15. both costs are about the same, only convenience is I can make and change the ratios as I get bigger and require more carbs intra wo (I only use 25 right now cutting, but plan to bump to 40g when reverse dieting)

flavor choices i'm thinking are CCCD, Chocolate Peanut BUtter, or Chocolate Banana.

Interested to see what Breezy uses or recommends.

I'd probably just buy them separate if you plan on changing the amounts/ratio anytime soon. I personally would go with Peptopro, EAA, or BCAA (EAA and/or BCAA alone if looking to save money) over the TN brand hydrolyzed proteins as well. The company doesn't know the percent that is actually hydrolyzed (% di and tri peptides) and based on the texture and mixability, a good amount looks to be left for digestion. Peptopro mixes clear and the TN hydrolyzed casein is more like a shake. I don't really want to feel like I'm drinking a protein shake while training either. If going with your blend, replacing the whey portion with EAAs, BCAA, or leucine would be my recommendation.

No matter what flavor you go with, Peptopro or hydrolyzed whey/casein will have a bitter taste alone. The regular hydrolyzed proteins taste worse though. If Peptopro is mixed with enough flavored HBCD, EAA, or BCAA it can taste pretty good though. For Peptopro, I now stick with vanilla, as the taste goes well with whatever other flavor I decide to add. I use the same for HBCD more often than not as well, which allows me add any flavor of Modern BCAA+, Amino Lift, or whatever and it won't really be an odd flavor combination. That said, I do have some banana cream HBCD that tastes great with vanilla Peptopro and watermelon MBCAA+. Orange Mango Glycofuse is pretty awesome with vanilla Peptopro as well. The only flavor I've tried when making a protein blend is PB Cup, which is good. I go "heavy" on the flavor for the blend and it's perfect.
    PES Representative
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.

ah i see i see. poo i don't think you can add BCAA's to the blend, so perhaps I'll just order PeptoPro and HBCD like you do seperated and then add some Amino IV?

thinking around 40-50g HBCD (around 146 now, week 10 of cutting from 157) 5'4".5-5'5" ish
    and if i do 15g (2 scoops) EAA from Amino IV, what would you recommend from PeptoPro dosage wise?

any other times you'd dose the peptopro?

random question too, but do you count the cals from BCAA/EAA? maybe i've been cheating myself out of 60-100 cals a day lol...

thanks again @breezy11 you have no idea how much this all means to me!
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

Yup. "dual ropes" = 2 ropes. Using 2 ropes for tricep pushdowns is great as well. They allow a greater range of motion and full extension. Here's an old video.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/Bl-8G7cMnu0?list=UUYnPYjextCc5uO6 XFlJNuRA

I get Peptopro and HBCD from TN, but don't have them mix it for me. I vary the amounts used based on training and it wouldn't work out with a pre-mixed blend. At times I'll use twice as much HBCD training legs than I would for an arm session.

Correct.

A couple times I've made my own custom protein blend when placing an order for Peptopro, HBCD, EAA, etc. and running low on OxyELITE Protein. It's a 50/50 whey and casein blend with Native Milk Protein Isolate (80% casein/20% whey), Whey Protein Isolate, and Micellar Casein. It's pretty expensive though.

I'd probably just buy them separate if you plan on changing the amounts/ratio anytime soon. I personally would go with Peptopro, EAA, or BCAA (EAA and/or BCAA alone if looking to save money) over the TN brand hydrolyzed proteins as well. The company doesn't know the percent that is actually hydrolyzed (% di and tri peptides) and based on the texture and mixability, a good amount looks to be left for digestion. Peptopro mixes clear and the TN hydrolyzed casein is more like a shake. I don't really want to feel like I'm drinking a protein shake while training either. If going with your blend, replacing the whey portion with EAAs, BCAA, or leucine would be my recommendation.

No matter what flavor you go with, Peptopro or hydrolyzed whey/casein will have a bitter taste alone. The regular hydrolyzed proteins taste worse though. If Peptopro is mixed with enough flavored HBCD, EAA, or BCAA it can taste pretty good though. For Peptopro, I now stick with vanilla, as the taste goes well with whatever other flavor I decide to add. I use the same for HBCD more often than not as well, which allows me add any flavor of Modern BCAA+, Amino Lift, or whatever and it won't really be an odd flavor combination. That said, I do have some banana cream HBCD that tastes great with vanilla Peptopro and watermelon MBCAA+. Orange Mango Glycofuse is pretty awesome with vanilla Peptopro as well. The only flavor I've tried when making a protein blend is PB Cup, which is good. I go "heavy" on the flavor for the blend and it's perfect.
    Why add bcaas to the pepto pro and hbcd?
    Wouldn't that be over kill?
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

ah i see i see. poo i don't think you can add BCAA's to the blend, so perhaps I'll just order PeptoPro and HBCD like you do seperated and then add some Amino IV?

thinking around 40-50g HBCD (around 146 now, week 10 of cutting from 157) 5'4".5-5'5" ish
    and if i do 15g (2 scoops) EAA from Amino IV, what would you recommend from PeptoPro dosage wise?

any other times you'd dose the peptopro?

random question too, but do you count the cals from BCAA/EAA? maybe i've been cheating myself out of 60-100 cals a day lol...

thanks again @breezy11 you have no idea how much this all means to me!

You could add them to a blend if you wanted (there's a ton of options under "supplement powders" on the D.I.Y. calculator), but I wouldn't worry about it. Either Peptopro, EAA, or BCAA alone with carbs is fine (I'd just use more amino acids if by themselves). When first experimenting with intra supplementation, I'd actually recommend sticking with aminos and a cheaper carb source, so you can get an idea of how it might benefit you without spending more money. Things such as training volume and intensity will be a factor in how much one actually gets out of an intra drink.

You'd want to start on the low end and adjust based on recovery. That way you aren't going through more than you need. 40g CHO or less is enough to start with. If already using 15g aminos, 10g Peptopro would probably be enough for you. Again, you could always start with one or the other though and gauge the benefits before spending extra money that may be unnecessary.

I only use Peptopro intra.

If only using aminos intra, I don't count them towards my protein/calorie totals. There are times when I've use quite a bit throughout the day and will keep that in mind when looking at protein total, but I still don't normally count them. If your use is pretty consistent and you don't normally include them in daily totals, then that's what I'd continue doing.

No problem bud. Glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Why add bcaas to the pepto pro and hbcd?
    Wouldn't that be over kill?

It wouldn't be necessary, as I was mentioning to Swollbraham, but I like the combo for a couple reasons. You could potentially use less of one or the other (cut down on Peptopro use, since it's expensive) with a mix. Another reason I like BCAAs, specifically Modern BCAA+, is the high leucine content to help kickstart protein synthesis.

I've got a busy weekend full of work. I got home late last night (when I posted), slept a few hours, and am working the majority of today and tomorrow. I plan on hitting legs this evening and taking tomorrow off.
    PES Representative
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.

Interesting. Perhaps I'll up the dose of Amino's to 3 scoops and hit 22.5g EAA intra then go with the 15g Intra with 10g PeptoPro

Thanks man!
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Sounds good and no problem man.
    PES Representative
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Remember, before worrying about what protein and carb sources to use intra, I'd focus on what sources they (and fats) are coming from the rest of the day. Intra-nutrition is only a part of peri-nutrition, which is only a part of your overall nutrition. All pieces of the puzzle should be on point (along with training) and I'd look at main food sources before being concerned with what intra-workout powders to use.
    PES Representative
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yup. "dual ropes" = 2 ropes. .
    How embarrassing...
    I wasn't wearing my glasses and completely missed the 'dual' part. That's probably why I couldn't SEE that it was two ropes.

I think meadows calls for rope push downs today, so if I don't think I'm taking the ropes from others I'll definitely try that.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website atFINAFLEX.com

16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Remember, before worrying about what protein and carb sources to use intra, I'd focus on what sources they (and fats) are coming from the rest of the day. Intra-nutrition is only a part of peri-nutrition, which is only a part of your overall nutrition. All pieces of the puzzle should be on point (along with training) and I'd look at main food sources before being concerned with what intra-workout powders to use.
    And not that gain killing IIFYM plan
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.

No I understand. I've actually incorporated so much of what I learned in here and from meadows into my routine focusing more on quality over quantity.

Ending my diet shortly especially cause I was prescribed Synthroid (T4) so right now the end of my cut is quickening up. I'm around 7% and wanted to get to 5-6% and then start an 18 month reverse diet/gaining phase but I might have to cut it short. J have no idea what my maintenance is anymore and I'm losing weight faster so I'm worried about muscle loss. Waiting for my coach to get back to me on what we should do
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.

@breezy11 you do count the CHO from HBCD in the intra shake towards your total carbs daily right?

and peptopro towards protein correct?

Gonna follow your advice an just get bulk "heavy" flavor vanilla of peptopro and HBCD, start with 3 lbs of each and see where it takes me

then go with: 15g EAA from Amino IV
    10g PeptoPro
    30-50g HBCD depending on body part trained

probably gonna stop counting the amino calories, but figured i should count the peptopro and the HBCD towards my protein intake but was wondering your thoughts
  19. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would imagine you would count the intra CHO + Protein calories towards your total count.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

@<u><a href="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/member.php?u=141768" target="_blank">breezy11</a></u> you do count the CHO from HBCD in the intra shake towards your total carbs daily right?

and peptopro towards protein correct?

Gonna follow your advice an just get bulk "heavy" flavor vanilla of peptopro and HBCD, start with 3 lbs of each and see where it takes me

then go with: 15g EAA from Amino IV
    10g PeptoPro
    30-50g HBCD depending on body part trained

probably gonna stop counting the amino calories, but figured i should count the peptopro and the HBCD towards my protein intake but was wondering your thoughts

Yeah, I count both of them. My intra drink can be over 600 calories at times, which I wouldn't want to ignore.

I actually get the "normal" flavoring with PP/HBCD and was talking about when I made a protein blend. Going heavy wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Sounds like a decent starting point. See how it goes and adjust if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I would imagine you would count the intra CHO + Protein calories towards your total count.
    Yup.

I decided to put heavy leg work on hold, since I didn't sleep much last night and haven't felt great all day. I still added a light back session though, as I can't workout tomorrow and didn't want to take the entire weekend off. I didn't do anything "big" and basically just filled my back with blood using different variations on the fly.

Here's some of what got done:

Standing Single Arm Cable Rows: These are similar to the rows that I've done targeting the teres major, but I stood back further and worked the meat of the lats.

Incline Pulldowns: I did a ton of these from different angles, working different areas of the back.

HS High Row Variation: I got this idea from Matt Porter. The setup provides an awesome stretch in the upper lats and solid contraction at the bottom. Most sets were done with less weight and for a higher number of reps.

The rest of my session was made up of DB Pullovers and rhomboid rows.
    PES Representative
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah, I count both of them. My intra drink can be over 600 calories at times, which I wouldn't want to ignore.

I actually get the "normal" flavoring with PP/HBCD and was talking about when I made a protein blend. Going heavy wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Sounds like a decent starting point. See how it goes and adjust if necessary.

Yup.

I decided to put heavy leg work on hold, since I didn't sleep much last night and haven't felt great all day. I still added a light back session though, as I can't workout tomorrow and didn't want to take the entire weekend off. I didn't do anything "big" and basically just filled my back with blood using different variations on the fly.

Here's some of what got done:

Standing Single Arm Cable Rows: These are similar to the rows that I've done targeting the teres major, but I stood back further and worked the meat of the lats.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/YQLlTn2rYpg

Incline Pulldowns: I did a ton of these from different angles, working different areas of the back.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/IjAmCQMOJmU

HS High Row Variation: I got this idea from Matt Porter. The setup provides an awesome stretch in the upper lats and solid contraction at the bottom. Most sets were done with less weight and for a higher number of reps.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/v3tdWjmHXWA

The rest of my session was made up of DB Pullovers and rhomboid rows.
    Good stuff as usual breezy.
    Did you video any of the rhomboid rows? Wanted to see your execution of them.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Good stuff as usual breezy.
    Did you video any of the rhomboid rows? Wanted to see your execution of them.
    Thanks man. My phone died right after the HS rows, so I didn't get any video. I was going to use a cambered bar, face down on an incline bench, but I didn't see it around. I still used an incline, but went with dumbbells, keeping my elbows high and wide.

I'm glad that I decided to hold off on legs the other day because I felt great this morning and needed all the energy I could get for the session.

Here's 3 exercises that were done in the order show in the video below (not suppersetted). The first 2 exercises shown, were the first working sets of each and the following sets got increasingly tough:

For the banded leg press (doubled pro and pro monster minis), I worked up with sets of 8, adding a plate per side each set until they got tough, and then stuck with that weight for 3 sets of 8. The goal was to use more weight than last time, which was done easily. I was surprised to get the sled filled up, as I think I went with 6 plates and a 25 per side last time around.

The goal with the squats was just to destroy my quads. I used a shoulder width stance with toes slightly out, tried to remain as upright as possible, and lowered with a 3 second eccentric to just above parallel. I also focused on driving off my heels, which helped the impact felt on my quads. I should probably get some shoes with a slight heel or try putting 5lb plates under them.

I then went right back to the leg press for one "balls out" set. The goal was to load up around 40% of what I thought I could do for sets of 8-10 and hit 40 reps. Taking breaks was allowed, but I decided to try and hit 40 in one shot or get crushed lol. These started to suck around 20 reps and once I hit 30, it was torture.

23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Here's a couple exercise from this week's sessions:

These reverse band triceps presses were thrown in after a bunch reverse band flat bench sets. I just brought my grip in a few inches, lowered to around 6" above my chest, pasused, and then pressed to lockout. The 3rd and 4th set are shown in the video. I was doing sets of 5 at 275, but fell short on the 3rd set and lowered the weight for the 4th.

@aceroni I started today's back work with rhomboid rows. I didn't use a cambered bar, but positioned myself hanging over the top of the bench, which allowed me to bring the bar up as far as possible. Elbows were kept high and wide to target the rhomboids and traps. A couple warm-up sets are shown in the video.

24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

I hit legs this morning for a mainly quad focused secondary session. I started with sets of 20 on leg extensions, using various techniques, which has my quads fatigued pretty fast. I followed with heel elevated front squats for sets of 12, walking lunges with chains, adductor machine, and finished with more leg extensions.

Here's one of the sets of leg extensions that I used to end the session. I came up with this technique last month after seeing Dave Tate use a similar approach with a seated dip machine. I drove the weight up with both legs, flexed at the top, and then slowly let the weight come down with one leg during the eccentric portion of the movement. The eccentric leg was alternated each rep. Once my legs became fatigued, I pumped out reps with both legs until failure. These are great and recommended to finish of the quads.

25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Great video. I'm going to try those! I want huge quads!!!
    DO IT FOR THE "HOLY, SH*T, YOU GOT HOT"...
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Great video. I'm going to try those! I want huge quads!!!
    Thanks puccah! Use less weight than you normally do for leg extensions. Start with a little more than you could handle if only using one leg for the entire range of motion.
    PES Representative
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

It's been a very busy weekend and I'm actually looking forward to Monday. I was able to train light chest/shoulders yesterday, arms today, and won't have time to hit the gym tomorrow.

Here's the shoulder portion of yesterday's session. I started with rear delt laterals for 4 sets of 30 on short rest. My main focus was trying to complete each set with strict form, a full range of motion, and a quick flex at the top, which required me to drop the weight each set. The final set with 8lbs was actually the toughest to complete and form started to slip. I immediately moved on to spidercrawls for another 4 sets on short rest.

28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

This morning's leg session was one of the toughest I can remember and the nausea it caused is finally fading away. Here's a couple of exercises that were done.

Frog Stance Leg Press: These are done with feet positioned wide and toes pointed out, which puts an emphasis on the hamstrings and adductors. I worked up with sets of 12, adding a plate each set, until I could barley get 12 reps. I believe the video shows my first working set (last 3 were counted as work sets) with 6 plates per side and I finished with 8, which was brutal using this approach and had me close to blacking out (thought I recorded final set, but apparently not).

I moved right on to squats supersetted with close stance leg press. My legs were wobbling after the first round of leg press, so these were tough from the start. The squats were taken below parallel and weight was added each set (315, 335, 365, 405). I started leg press with 5 plates per side, but decided to remove a plate on the final 2 rounds. I original tried to keep up with Meadows' weight, but wanted to complete the leg press without breaks and had to adjust.

Round 1 of 4:

Round 3 of 4:

29. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Damn! Brutal session Matt! Nice work.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  30. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yay for not blacking out!
    Squats do a booty good.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Damn! Brutal session Matt! Nice work.
    Thanks brother. The rest of it wasn't very easy either.

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Yay for not blacking out!
    Yeah, it probably would've ruined my morning.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

There was a lot of pressing during this morning's chest and shoulder session. It started with DB press and moved on to both incline and decline Smith press. I don't think I've benched on the Smith without added band resistance for a while, but strength seemed up a good amount from the last time I had.

Slight Incline Smith Press: These were done with constant tension. I worked up with sets of 8 until reaching a tough 8. Once there, I did 3 sets of 8 with that weight, and a fourth set with additional weight for 6 reps.

Smith Decline Press: These started with a set of 15 reps keeping constant tension. The weight used went up and the target reps went down on each set that followed. Here's the fourth set, which started with 5 reps, then a drop with 8 reps, and another drop where my grip was widened and reps were pumped out to failure.

PES Representative
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.

Congrats on the new rep gig Breezy!
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Congrats on the new rep gig Breezy!
    Thanks bud! Glad to be a part of the team.
    PES Representative
  35. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Well deserved.
    Squats do a booty good.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Congrats on the PES spot!
    FINAFLEX REP
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Thanks bud! Glad to be a part of the team.
    PES made a good pickup with you man. Congrats.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

About damn time you joined the team.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Thanks guys!

I know there are a lot of Select fans here and tomorrow's Insider will feature the new 55 serving tubs. If anyone isn't on the email list, you can sign up using this link: http://pescience.com/insider

I trained back this morning and will have a couple videos posted shortly.
    PES Representative
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

This morning's session was solid. I finally put my lower back to the test and successfully completed some deads without any issues. They were Reeves deads as well, so I was extra cautious as I started adding weight. After a ton of sets I ended up pulling much more than anticipated, which was great, especially at the end of my workout.

Smith Rows: These were done explosively, but not rest-pause style. I worked up to a tough 8 and stayed there for 3 sets. My focus was on was driving my elbows up hard, staying tight, and getting a strong contraction. The fourth and final working set was a double drop set with the following rep scheme: 6, 6, failure

Reeves Deads: I worked up to a tough "explosive" 5 with a shrug at the top and performed 5 sets with that weight. Then a good amount of additional weight was added for 3 more sets of 5. The heaviest sets weren't too explosive and didn't include a shrugging movement; they felt awesome though.

PES Representative

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 07:14 PM
  2. Check my food log this week and tell me what you think
    By dankone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 11:35 PM
  3. Study on Preworkout Supplements and Training
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 03:49 AM
  4. join the gym, or buy supplements and home train?
    By Kurruptive in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 01:09 AM
  5. My First Weightloss Log: Diet/training/supplements
    By Sxhawnn in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 02:50 AM