breezy's training, supplementation, and food log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 10

breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

Page 10 of 136 First ... 58910111215 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    The worst is having a 8am class and then your next class isn't till 130 and you commute to school so can't go back to apt and sleep so your just awake with nothing to do for hours and hours

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
    You win lol. I'm guessing there's nowhere to go lift while waiting?
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

2. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    You win lol. I'm guessing there's nowhere to go lift while waiting?
    lol... we have 3 gyms on campus and a pool.. but after lab I just want to sleep! I usually end up in the student center and on AM

I just found out there is a power lifting club but they don't meet till 8pm. I want to check it out but the idea of being on campus for 13+ hours makes me cringe

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  3. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

lol... we have 3 gyms on campus and a pool.. but after lab I just want to sleep! I usually end up in the student center and on AM

I just found out there is a power lifting club but they don't meet till 8pm. I want to check it out but the idea of being on campus for 13+ hours makes me cringe

13+ hours on campus?!?! No thank you haha
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The worst is having a 8am class and then your next class isn't till 130 and you commute to school so can't go back to apt and sleep so your just awake with nothing to do for hours and hours Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    Yup. My schedule isn't quite that bad, but twice a week I'm on campus for around 10 hours straight. Thankfully I don't start until noon so I'm not up super early. 8 am classes are tough, but so are late night classes. I find my peak for mental function is around 11 am-3 pm.
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

usplabsdirect.com
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't blame you and would probably do the same.

That would be rough. I'd probably check it out, but that would be it haha.
    PES Representative
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by classic34 View Post
    Yup. My schedule isn't quite that bad, but twice a week I'm on campus for around 10 hours straight. Thankfully I don't start until noon so I'm not up super early. 8 am classes are tough, but so are late night classes. I find my peak for mental function is around 11 am-3 pm.
    Not a fan of night classes either. I took a once a week night class, which I believe was 3 hours long (with a 15min break)...horrible mistake lol.
    PES Representative
  7. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Fall registration just opened up at my school so I am looking at what classes to pick for next semester. Debating on picking another early class or not

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Not a fan of night classes either. I took a once a week night class, which I believe was 3 hours long (with a 15min break)...horrible mistake lol.
    And you can't even take stims or anything to get you through the class because you won't be able to fall asleep if you do. I've been taking some sulbutiamine with my last meal before the class lately which seems to help and doesn't keep me up at night. For some reason my school loves to put all of the chem electives as night classes only, so most of the 400 level classes I have to take are at night, and they also love to put the 300 level classes at 8-10 am. Awesome! (not srs)

usplabsdirect.com
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Fall registration just opened up at my school so I am looking at what classes to pick for next semester. Debating on picking another early class or not

It'd be nice if you could schedule them to allow for an early morning gym time. Being done with class in the early afternoon wouldn't be bad either.

And you can't even take stims or anything to get you through the class because you won't be able to fall asleep if you do. I've been taking some sulbutiamine with my last meal before the class lately which seems to help and doesn't keep me up at night. For some reason my school loves to put all of the chem electives as night classes only, so most of the 400 level classes I have to take are at night, and they also love to put the 300 level classes at 8-10 am. Awesome! (not srs)
    Sounds like a blast! Most of my upper level business classes were Tuesday/Thursday and done by 5pm. There was one semester that I had MWF off entirely
    PES Representative
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

3/23/13

I weighed 215.8lbs (-1.2lbs overall) this morning. I’m looking slightly leaner and it doesn’t appear that much muscle has been lost (if any).

I remembered to take all of my pre-workout supplements before heading to the gym this morning . My workout was awesome. Strength was clearly improved and my endurance was at a high level as well.

Dante Rows (2sec hold)
    1 warm-up x12
    180x12
    200x10
    220x8
    230x6

BB Row (rest-pause)
    1 warm-up x10
    225x10
    245x8
    245x8
    265x6

Prone Shrugs (against rack/2sec hold)
    1 warm-up x12
    225x10
    245x8
    245x8

Stretching
    1 min per lat

Stretchers
    130x12
    140x10
    140x10

Reeves Deadlift (Shelby Starnes variation)
    95x10
    95x10
    95x10

-This could have been the best “feeling” exercise I’ve ever done. I felt like I should’ve been charged a fee for the amazing stretch they provided lol.

-Shelby Starnes has a couple Reeves Deads variations that I've seen. Mine were performed as shown in the below video.

Example

Deadlift Shrugs
    1 warm-up x8
    315x8 / x3 (shrugs per deadlift)
    315x8 / x3

-These were a big challenge after everything else.
  11. 804
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Another sick workout bro, and a new "must try" exercise!
    Current Log:

804’s cLEAN bulk and Supps log (Unsponsored)

12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 804 View Post
    Another sick workout bro, and a new "must try" exercise!
    Thanks bud. That variation was awesome. If you do them, try not to use your legs or lower back at all. Concentrate on pulling through your upper back/shoulder blades. Rounding your upper back a little helps... and makes it feel like it'll split open from the stretch
    PES Representative
  13. 804
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm definitely going to try. I feel like it'll be hard to not use lower back
    Current Log:

14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

I'm definitely going to try. I feel like it'll be hard to not use lower back
    I actually didn't feel anything in my lower back at all. Think of rounding your upper back and pulling through your shoulder blades. That's how Starnes (the guy in the video) describes the movement. Start very light (maybe 10lb plates) and get a good feel for it.
    PES Representative
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

3/23/13

I weighed 215.8lbs (-1.2lbs overall) this morning. I’m looking slightly leaner and it doesn’t appear that much muscle has been lost (if any).

I remembered to take all of my pre-workout supplements before heading to the gym this morning . My workout was awesome. Strength was clearly improved and my endurance was at a high level as well.

Dante Rows (2sec hold)
    1 warm-up x12
    180x12
    200x10
    220x8
    230x6

BB Row (rest-pause)
    1 warm-up x10
    225x10
    245x8
    245x8
    265x6

Prone Shrugs (against rack/2sec hold)
    1 warm-up x12
    225x10
    245x8
    245x8

Stretching
    1 min per lat

Stretchers
    130x12
    140x10
    140x10

Reeves Deadlift (Shelby Starnes variation)
    95x10
    95x10
    95x10

-This could have been the best “feeling” exercise I’ve ever done. I felt like I should’ve been charged a fee for the amazing stretch they provided lol.

-Shelby Starnes has a couple Reeves Deads variations that I've seen. Mine were performed as shown in the below video.

Example
    Video Link: http://youtu.be/7fHP_3DwObw

Deadlift Shrugs
    1 warm-up x8
    315x8 / x3 (shrugs per deadlift)
    315x8 / x3

-These were a big challenge after everything else.
    Awesome workout buddy!

And yet you come through with another variation, thank you bud def going to try these as well. Only question, what was that lady doing? Lol

Keep it up bud

Btw went to trader joes tonight with the wife, so stoked with all the options they have for gluten free goodies. I had no idea!
    Independent
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I gave up 8am classes after my first semester lol. Class would end and I'd realize that I didn't pick up anything that was covered haha.
    Exactly like me; I have early morning lectures which is ok, and i don't mind if I don't really pick anything up. Lecture time for me is just to get an overall idea of what I need to go away and learn. I don't learn in a lecture, I learn when I study.

The worst is having a 8am class and then your next class isn't till 130 and you commute to school so can't go back to apt and sleep so your just awake with nothing to do for hours and hours
    I see you and raise you a 8am-10am class then a 4pm-6pm class. I ended up just not turning up (it was an easy paper) simply because waiting that long is tedious. I must've not been thinking when I selected my timetable.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  17. 804
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.

I had a baller schedule in college. I worked at the gym on weekdays from 5am-10am worked out after, ate a huge meal for lunch, relaxed til my classes started at 3:45, done by 9pm, study - repeat. All of my engineering upper level classes were late night, so I was practically forced to this type of schedule.
    Current Log:

18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

Awesome workout buddy!

And yet you come through with another variation, thank you bud def going to try these as well. Only question, what was that lady doing? Lol

Keep it up bud

Btw went to trader joes tonight with the wife, so stoked with all the options they have for gluten free goodies. I had no idea!
    Thanks man.

Haha she's stretching? Cool, let me know what you think bud.

Yeah, that place is great. If you go to their website, they have a PDF listing all of the gluten free items.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

Exactly like me; I have early morning lectures which is ok, and i don't mind if I don't really pick anything up. Lecture time for me is just to get an overall idea of what I need to go away and learn. I don't learn in a lecture, I learn when I study.
    I'm the same way. Most of my "learning" was done outside of the classroom.

I had a baller schedule in college. I worked at the gym on weekdays from 5am-10am worked out after, ate a huge meal for lunch, relaxed til my classes started at 3:45, done by 9pm, study - repeat. All of my engineering upper level classes were late night, so I was practically forced to this type of schedule.
    That's pretty good. I preferred not having night classes, but think I'd enjoy that schedule.
    PES Representative
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Whats your typical weekly split look like?
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

3/24/13

No gym today.

I finished my tub of Test Powder this morning, but started OEP Powder. The appetite suppression was a big help with my morning fast, especially since I didn't have the gym (or anything else planned) to kill some time. I'll probably be using it pre-workout in the morning, as the energy and focus are both solid. I noticed mood enhancement as well, which is always a plus.

I plan on starting Versa-1 and C20 within the next week. I'm almost through my bottle of AB and might follow it up with ABE. If not, I'll use it during the second month of my cut.
    PES Representative
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Whats your typical weekly split look like?
    Right now it's kind of a mess, but I was doing the following:

Legs
    Shoulders
    Off
    Back
    Chest
    Arms
    Off

The "arms" followed by "off" day would swap places occasionally.
    PES Representative
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Right now it's kind of a mess, but I was doing the following:

Legs
    Shoulders
    Off
    Back
    Chest
    Arms
    Off

The "arms" followed by "off" day would swap places occasionally.
    Ah, makes sense. The 'one-a-day" approach always works well
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Ah, makes sense. The 'one-a-day" approach always works well
    That's how I had it set up for MD. Chest and shoulders were supposed to be grouped together, but I decided to split them up. I'm going to figure out what I'll be doing next sometime this week.
    PES Representative
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That's how I had it set up for MD. Chest and shoulders were supposed to be grouped together, but I decided to split them up. I'm going to figure out what I'll be doing next sometime this week.
    Speaking of MD...I wanted to mix back up a little today so I tried deficit one arm BB rows from a box...tore up! Give it a try. That Is all
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

Speaking of MD...I wanted to mix back up a little today so I tried deficit one arm BB rows from a box...tore up! Give it a try. That Is all
    Haha sounds fun. I'll give them a shot next week. Thanks boss.
    PES Representative
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.

Hey Breezy I tried the Meadows horizontal presses at the end of my chest/tri/delt workout today. They felt awesome, but I was working with the 3 lb. dumbells lol.

usplabsdirect.com
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Hey Breezy I tried the Meadows horizontal presses at the end of my chest/tri/delt workout today. They felt awesome, but I was working with the 3 lb. dumbells lol.
    Awesome. Glad you liked them classic. 3lb dumbells is nothing to be ashamed of...I had you beat by 2lbs this this week lol.
    PES Representative
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

My spilit is insane atm, trying with high volume for a change.

D1:Chest/shoulders/Triceps
    D2:Quads/ Hammies/ Back
    D3:REST
    D4:Shoulders/ Chest/ Biceps
    D5:Back/ Hammies/ Quads

I'm trying to figure out where to put calves and direct ab work in.
  29. Elite Member

Whichever of those is the shortest is where I'd probably toss them in. Do you superset things? One thing I like to do with abs/corrective work/small muscles is to use it as "filler" in between sets if I am not supersetting or even sometimes in the middle of supersets. Instead of sitting around for a couple minutes waiting for the next set I'll bang out something (as long as it won't have a direct negative effect on the current lift).

Breezy ends Test Powder and I begin mine...honestly only been a couple days and this stuff has me dreaming weird and waking up an hour earlier than usual a couple days in a row (noted this when I logged it). Kinda crazy..
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

How do you like it so far? That looks like something that I might want to try. If not, I'll probably stick with MD for now.

I don't usually put much thought into where I place calves or ab work. It usually comes down to where they fit in better time-wise, which can change based on my schedule.
    PES Representative
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

Whichever of those is the shortest is where I'd probably toss them in. Do you superset things? One thing I like to do with abs/corrective work/small muscles is to use it as "filler" in between sets if I am not supersetting or even sometimes in the middle of supersets. Instead of sitting around for a couple minutes waiting for the next set I'll bang out something (as long as it won't have a direct negative effect on the current lift).

Breezy ends Test Powder and I begin mine...honestly only been a couple days and this stuff has me dreaming weird and waking up an hour earlier than usual a couple days in a row (noted this when I logged it). Kinda crazy..
    I've used to do ab work in between sets as well..not sure why I stopped.

Test Powder is some great stuff. I forgot about those weird dreams you were getting. I'm hoping my sleep quality doesn't take a hit soon...PowerFULL is running low.
    PES Representative
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

Thats a good idea, I might use ab work as a filler rather than bang them out at the end. I find ab work tedious and so i'm more inclined to just skip it if i'm tired at the end of my training session.
    How do you like it so far? That looks like something that I might want to try. If not, I'll probably stick with MD for now.

I don't usually put much thought into where I place calves or ab work. It usually comes down to where they fit in better time-wise, which can change based on my schedule.
    I'm loving it; I respond better when I decrease muscle group volume per day but increase the frequency that i hit the groups. I'll prob put them in on upper body day because i'm toast on lower body day
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

I'm loving it; I respond better when I decrease muscle group volume per day but increase the frequency that i hit the groups. I'll prob put them in on upper body day because i'm toast on lower body day
    Cool. I haven't done a split like that in a long time, but think my results were decent lol. Sounds good to me.
    PES Representative
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

3/25/13

My workout went well this morning and involved a lot of dumbbell work.

Cable Flyes ("free motion" machine/2 sec squeeze)
    70x15
    80x12
    90x8
    90x8

-I’ve enjoyed starting off with these the last couple weeks for some pre-exhaustion before pressing movements.

Neutral Grip DB Incline Press
    80x8
    85x8
    85x5

-Good variation. The grip helped eliminate some shoulder involvement.

DB (slight) Decline Press
    60x25
    70x15
    80x10

Hex Press (2sec hold at top)
    60x12
    65x8
    65x8

Ladder Pushups
    20, 12, 8
    20, 10, 7

Here’s an example for anyone unfamiliar with these:

Grabbing some Gut Health tonight. The old version was a staple and I've been waiting a while for its comeback.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

Like those ladder push-ups. Those look like an awesome finisher.
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Till’ we can’t be beat – Won’t Be Beat!
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post
    Like those ladder push-ups. Those look like an awesome finisher.
    That's exactly how I'd describe them. They're great for finishing off the muscle and getting a good stretch.
    PES Representative
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

3/25/13

My workout went well this morning and involved a lot of dumbbell work.

Cable Flyes ("free motion" machine/2 sec squeeze)
    70x15
    80x12
    90x8
    90x8

-I’ve enjoyed starting off with these the last couple weeks for some pre-exhaustion before pressing movements.

Neutral Grip DB Incline Press
    80x8
    85x8
    85x5

-Good variation. The grip helped eliminate some shoulder involvement.

DB (slight) Decline Press
    60x25
    70x15
    80x10

Hex Press (2sec hold at top)
    60x12
    65x8
    65x8

Ladder Pushups
    20, 12, 8
    20, 10, 7

Here’s an example for anyone unfamiliar with these:
    Video Link: http://youtu.be/j0267bGzgfY

Grabbing some Gut Health tonight. The old version was a staple and I've been waiting a while for its comeback.
    Awesome Breezy I'm going to try those on Saturday as my finisher thanks sir :-)
    Independent
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Awesome Breezy I'm going to try those on Saturday as my finisher thanks sir :-)
    No problem bean. I think you'll like them.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

3/26/13

Solid arm session today. Volume was up and my endurance was great.

Fat EZ Reverse Curls (bar weight not included/10 sec rest)
    2 warm-up x10
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10
    20x10
    20x10

Reverse Grip Pressdowns
    80x20
    120x15
    160x12
    180x8
    180x8

Example

Hammer Bar Preacher Curl (bar weight not included)
    70x10
    70x10
    70x10

EZ Close Grip Press (slow descent towards chin)
    110x15
    120x12
    120x12

Incline Concentration Curls
    30x10
    30x10

Lying Kettlebell Extensions (weight per kettlebell)
    35x12
    35x10
    35x10
    35x8

Fat BB Curl (bar weight not included/3sec negative)
    20x8
    20x8, bar x5

Incline L-Extensions
    25x12
    25x12
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

27 pages late but read them all.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 07:14 PM
  2. Check my food log this week and tell me what you think
    By dankone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 11:35 PM
  3. Study on Preworkout Supplements and Training
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 03:49 AM
  4. join the gym, or buy supplements and home train?
    By Kurruptive in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 01:09 AM
  5. My First Weightloss Log: Diet/training/supplements
    By Sxhawnn in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 02:50 AM