Jim: Performance is King Log.

Page 1 of 74 123 ... Last
  1. Jim: Performance is King Log.

This is going to be my permanent home on AM for the foreseeable future. I will be logging everything from my supplementation, training, and nutrition.

For those that don't know me my name is Jim, I am currently active duty army and for those that know that means I workout 2x a day M-F. The morning PT session is always some type of endurance event, occasionally crossfit but normally a run or a ruck. Very taxing on the body and my naturally fast metabolism means I have to eat a TON of food just to make meager progress as far as weight gain goes.

This coming year my main goals are to get up to 175-180 pounds and to stay lean or get leaner than I am now.

I am 5'9" (depending on who you ask) and weigh in at about 165 pounds. I will get an official weigh in and my baseline measurements here in the next week or so.

I will try to keep this log as updated and in depth as possible and if any of you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability. My training is a little bit different that what is generally seen on this forum, the programming is done by our very own zir.red and I have seen some fantastic progress in this past month working with him. My discipline while on leave is not what it should have been and I head back to Bragg tomorrow and will be able to get back into my regular schedule.

As the title states, performance is king. My training revolves around it and my end goals are almost all performance related. I will try to get a baseline 100m time for you guys (and myself) so that I can keep track of my progress over the course of this year. As I have stated before I need to be faster, stronger, and more agile than I have ever been.

I am keeping this mostly for myself, I need to be able to easily track my progress and this will help keep me accountable throughout this year.

I will also try to keep this updated with interesting articles and studies that I come across, I'm normally on the mobile app so a lot of times my updates will be brief. I may not start this today as I am currently keeping up an AppNut log but I will be trying to keep up with both with AppNut's obviously being the priority for now.

•   

2. Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    First
    Holy crap! Good to have you brother, but damn that was fast!

3. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

Holy crap! Good to have you brother, but damn that was fast!
    Hell yeah and of course Im practically a stalker

4. Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post

Hell yeah and of course Im practically a stalker
    There's nothing wrong with that! :wink:
    •   

5. 2nd
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!

6. 3rd.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    2nd
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    3rd.
    Good to have you guys. First workout will be tomorrow, the gym was closed today.

8. "Performance is King" or is this about your "King Log," ie your pischtuk?
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    "Performance is King" or is this about your "King Log," ie your pischtuk?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neUaS...e_gdata_player

10. Ill update OP for my nutrition info when I hash it out for the new year. Going for a solid gain of 1lb per month.

11. Drank for the first time in 2 years last night. I deeply regret it right now.
  12. Re: Jim: Performance is King Log.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Drank for the first time in 2 years last night. I deeply regret it right now.
    From now on, just drink your protein shakes...lol

13. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post

From now on, just drink your protein shakes...lol
    Lol I have to, I used up this years allotment last night.

All of it.

Its funny because I never drink, I just don't like it. And I've also never had a hangover until today.

It was the liquor-beer-liquor transition that screwed me.
  14. Re: Jim: Performance is King Log.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Lol I have to, I used up this years allotment last night.

All of it.

Its funny because I never drink, I just don't like it. And I've also never had a hangover until today.

It was the liquor-beer-liquor transition that screwed me.
    That's why I can't drink.. I can't handle the hangovers, I'm a big baby with that, I need 2 days just to get over it, just hating life...lol

15. Back at Bragg

Went to the gym today to do a prowler workout.

Popped 4xIGF-2, 2xSuperCissus, 6xUptake on the way to the gym (I don't normally take IGF-2 and SC before a workout but I was on the road all day so that was the best time for it)

The workout was supposed to be:

Dynamic Track Warmup
    Band Resisted March - 3x20M
    Prowler Sprints- 10x40M @100%BW
    Cool Down Pacer- 5x50M

What I actually accomplished:
    Dynamic Track Warmup
    Band Resisted March- 3x20M
    Prowler Sprint- 6x40M @ 160lbs +sled
    Cool Down Pacer- 5x50M

The prowler sprints kicked my @ss.

Now that I'm back to my regular schedule I should be able to get back some of the weight I lost over leave. I always loose a few pounds over leave and if I had to guess I would put my weight now anywhere from 161-163 lbs, I just don't have access to the amount of food that I eat on a regular day while I'm on leave and I spend too much time sleeping and don't leave myself much time to eat!

Hope everyone had a great holiday season.

16. In bro
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    [email protected]
    www.pni-online.com

17. nice workout jim!! wish i had a prowler!!

18. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    In bro
    Good to have you brother!

Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    nice workout jim!! wish i had a prowler!!
    Its great to have but sometimes I wish I didn't! (Like today for example) lol

19. haha does it suck that much?

20. Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    haha does it suck that much?
    Its a love/hate thing.

Its so effective as a conditioning tool and for my sprinting speed but its such a kick in the d!ck.

21. May or may not workout today.

I am pretty sure we have a record PT test tomorrow morning and if we so I won't be working out after work.

Will probably go with 3 Uptake before the PT test and then 3-4 before my workout that afternoon.

22. in it!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    in it!
    Good to have you buddy.

24. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Its a love/hate thing.
    Stop stealing my lines..

25. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    Stop stealing my lines..
    I prefer the term "borrow"

26. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I prefer the term "borrow"
    Fair enough Jim, just remember to give it back when your done with it.

27. No PT for me today. I had to go to the dentist today.

I do have a PT test tomorrow so instead of the lifting day I had planned I did the track workout that I would have done tomorrow.

I did it at about 3/4 speed and then came home and stretched and foam rolled to make sure that none of my muscles (specifically my tight hip flexors) would cause me any problems tomorrow.

Lateral Pillar March 2 x 20m/direction
    Rapid Response Lateral 3 x 15 sec, 45 sec recover
    Lateral Band March 2 x 20m/direction
    Lateral Shuffle 2 x 20m/direction
    Crossover step sprint 3 x 15m/direction
    Falling start sprint 3 x 15m/direction
    Cool Down Pacers 5 x 50m

My total kCal was 3500 for today, higher in fat and lower in carbs than most days but I also didn't do as much so I didn't need as many carbs.

28. Went to the field for three days, got back last night. Sorry for the silence all.

Was supposed to hit a back squat workout yesterday, but nobody wants to do that after staying in the woods for three days so I did it today instead.

It went well (as well as Squat day can go lol)

Pre Workout: .5 Scoop of ErgoPump + 6 Vasotropin. (Have no logging commitment til Monday so I figured I'd tap into my stash for PWO today lol)

Headed to the gym and did my activations and corrective exercises for my warmup and then assessed my 1RM for back squat (training max no grinding it out)

Current Max: 315, (hit 325 but it was a grind so the training max will be 315) 135x3 (WU), 185x3 (WU), 225x1, 275x1 w/belt, 315x1 w/belt, 325x1 w/belt

Back Squat: 5x3 @85%
    265x3x5

Good Mornings: 3x10-12
    95x10, 135x10, 185x8 w/belt

Complex 1: Complete with weak side first then repeat with strong side = 1 set

RFE Split Squat: 2x8 // 60x8, 70x8
    1 Leg Bridge: 2x10 // BWx10x2 (OUCH!)
    BB Roll Out: 3x5 // x5x2
    Turkish Get up: 3x5 // 20x5x2
    Cable Wood Chop: 3x6 // 40x6, 60x6

The gym closed before I could finish, but my core was (and still is) on fire! The roll outs were supposed to be Band Resisted (referred to as BR from this point onwards) but I forgot to bring my band.

This past month of unilateral work and mobility work has really helped my squat, my glutes are still mildly underactive but it is much easier to sit back into the squat and I am able to comfortable do it from shoulder width, as opposed to the wider stance I had to use previously. Was shocked by the 325 considering I haven't squatted for a month!

Diet was all over the place today, hit up some McDonalds earlier today. Shouldn't have but it tasted fantastic at the time

Will be headed to the gym earlier in the afternoon tomorrow for OH Press, hopefully I'll be able to walk by then!

29. Yeahhhh squat day! Gettin myself a new squat max tomorrow.

Your log makes me slightly motivated to kick my cardio up a notch

So what about McD's. I ate at a Chinese buffet 2 nights in a row. I was going to go for a 3rd until I thought I'd be funny and google reviews of the place..

What else do you throw in with your OHP day?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 05:49 PM
  2. Jim Tressel is a...
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 11:51 PM
  3. Jim Bunning is a friggin MORON!
    By oldfart in forum Politics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 08:21 PM