With a rep range of 6-12 reps

  1. Registered User
    dmiller707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    901

    With a rep range of 6-12 reps


    Do you guys agree with this ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. Registered User
    dmiller707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    901

    A week *****
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Not at all.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    dmiller707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    901

    What do you recommend ?
  5. Registered User
    supermanjow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,070
    Rep Power
    165820

    I'd say it's a decent general average, but certainly not set in stone.
    http://www.facebook.com/Celtic.Labs - Celtic Labs Representative
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Not limiting training to a specific range of reps. I have sets that vary from 1-20.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Registered User
    dmiller707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    901

    Little more a little less depending on how you feel ?
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by dmiller707 View Post
    Little more a little less depending on how you feel ?
    Depending on the lift, goal of the lift, phase of training, etc.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. Registered User
    grandroid828's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    53037

    I think if you were to add all that up, and figure the percentages of total sets conbined per week, per body group, it would be more accurate. Like saying legs should be 20-26 percent of your total number of sets that week. Works better than a given number of sets. Because depending on your rep range, number of sets changes drastically. And its a good baseline for the dbags that do 30+ sets of chest and bis a week but only 3 sets of squats and no deads. Lol.
  10. Registered User
    dmiller707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    901

    Right in guys ill keep tho stuff in mind .... Just got a gym membership currently doing 5/3/1 , but I feel like I'm not doing enough with the templates ..... Is there a program out there you guys think I'd better ?
  11. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The South.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,570
    Rep Power
    2410136

    Quote Originally Posted by grandroid828
    I think if you were to add all that up, and figure the percentages of total sets conbined per week, per body group, it would be more accurate. Like saying legs should be 20-26 percent of your total number of sets that week. Works better than a given number of sets. Because depending on your rep range, number of sets changes drastically. And its a good baseline for the dbags that do 30+ sets of chest and bis a week but only 3 sets of squats and no deads. Lol.
    You mean 3 sets of deads & no squats... Haha
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by dmiller707 View Post
    Right in guys ill keep tho stuff in mind .... Just got a gym membership currently doing 5/3/1 , but I feel like I'm not doing enough with the templates ..... Is there a program out there you guys think I'd better ?
    What assistance template are you using?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Registered User
    dmiller707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    901

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    What assistance template are you using?
    I'm using the periodization Template ..... Just don't feel like I did enough after .
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by dmiller707 View Post
    I'm using the periodization Template ..... Just don't feel like I did enough after .
    Then you're not working hard enough in each set. Each set should take 100% focus and effort and there should not be an "easy" set in there.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  15. Registered User
    dmiller707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    901

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    Then you're not working hard enough in each set. Each set should take 100% focus and effort and there should not be an "easy" set in there.
    Heavier weight ?
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by dmiller707 View Post
    Heavier weight ?
    That's one way to do it. The occasional set of 20 is also a good idea especially if you've been restricted to only 6-12.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. Registered User
    dmiller707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    901

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    That's one way to do it. The occasional set of 20 is also a good idea especially if you've been restricted to only 6-12.
    Right on ill give it a try
  18. Registered User
    dmiller707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    901

    Right on bro ill give that a try
  19. Registered User
    dmiller707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    901

    Would it be okay to add some curls to the accesories and calf raises Etc that aren't included in the templates ?
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by dmiller707 View Post
    Would it be okay to add some curls to the accesories and calf raises Etc that aren't included in the templates ?
    It's fine, but don't make them the focus of the day. Biceps and calves are relatively unimportant when it comes to strength.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  21. Registered User
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,010
    Rep Power
    2242783

    I'm currently doing the periodization template as well and I've only done 4 sets of curls total in the last 7 weeks and my biceps have still put on size (not an astronomical amount but they've grown). I thought that I wast doing enough at first either but once you up the weights or up the reps, I'm pretty cashed out by the end of the session. Keep it up bud.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Confused, baffled with volume and rep range
    By chedapalooza in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-16-2012, 11:30 PM
  2. One pro anabolic kit with a box of 1ad? AMS reps/gurus inside?
    By AaronJP1 in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 06:49 AM
  3. Ultra High Rep Sets (50-100 rep range)
    By conversekidz in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-28-2003, 01:14 AM
  4. 10-12 rep range
    By syko in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2003, 06:27 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2003, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in