Mattrag and whatever training

Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Check out Dmitry Klokov, guy's a monster. It is disgusting.
    yea checked out his stuff on youtube as well... he is a MONSTER. completely ripped up too lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE


  2. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    yea checked out his stuff on youtube as well... he is a MONSTER. completely ripped up too lol.
    And especially since he weighs over 230 lol. The chinese 77kg lifters are ripped through their f***ing skulls though.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    And especially since he weighs over 230 lol. The chinese 77kg lifters are ripped through their f***ing skulls though.
    holy shiet! He is 230? He better be like 6'2".... my god...
    RecoverBro ELITE

  4. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    holy shiet! He is 230? He better be like 6'2".... my god...
    He's like 5"10 and competes in the 105kg weight class haha

  5. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda
    He's like 5"10 and competes in the 105kg weight class haha
    I pray he is using roids ...for my sanity's sake. Though I doubt it seeing the olympics pics tested...
    Man, what does he eat lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  6. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I pray he is using roids ...for my sanity's sake. Though I doubt it seeing the olympics pics tested...
    Man, what does he eat lol.
    Other countries aren't as strict on their lifters about steroids, like the US is, because they want to beat the US that badly. A lot of people claim every lifter competing in the Olympic not from the US is taking steroids but I'm sure a lot of those rumors are false and created because people don't want to admit we're losing.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda

    Other countries aren't as strict on their lifters about steroids, like the US is, because they want to beat the US that badly. A lot of people claim every lifter competing in the Olympic not from the US is taking steroids but I'm sure a lot of those rumors are false and created because people don't want to admit we're losing.
    HAhaha. Yea, I was thinking that.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  8. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    HAhaha. Yea, I was thinking that.
    Yeah, I'm pretty neutral on the matter. I mean, it definitely seems likely that they use to average people, but I'd like to believe some people are naturally(I mean, they do get to lift full-time) built like Klokov.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda
    Yeah, I'm pretty neutral on the matter. I mean, it definitely seems likely that they use to average people, but I'd like to believe some people are naturally(I mean, they do get to lift full-time) built like Klokov.
    Yea. I would think some can... But honestly, if you could use... I can't see it hurting. (just doing test).
    RecoverBro ELITE

  10. Man that guy was a beast. I have never really trained many of those lifts.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Use Kleen10 for a 10% discount
    www.OrbitSupplements.com
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Man that guy was a beast. I have never really trained many of those lifts.
    Ya. Here most members are training to look amazing and be in better health/shape. Athletes and pro bb'ers are probably not in the best of shape health wise.... Kinda like burning the candle at the speed of a blow torch lol. But that's their profession. And their passion. I have always lifted for physique change. I feel that was my limiting actor in my early days of tennis. Now I train explosively and do a lot of mobility and activation workouts. I feel a lot lighter on my feet and in control of my body. But I'm not as big and probably lost a couple pounds of muscle. But then again I'm stronger. (not that I was strong before though lol)
    RecoverBro ELITE

  12. Interesting lifts this past week

    255 ATG high bar oly squats 6 sets of 5 reps.

    165x5 for 5 sets of push presses

    305x5 conventional deadlift on my max effort dead day.

    3sets of 5 for weighted pull ups @ 45lbs.

    Cleans I'm still working technique...

    Snatches... Omfg... I can't even catch it in the right position... Let alone do an OH squat.. Flexibility is pure crap. Joints are really dying lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  13. Trained at the gym.. Fcking love it... Wish I could lift that way at home....

    Warmed up with some bench and pull ups.
    Moved to push presses.

    45x5
    95x5
    115x5
    135x5
    155x5
    165x3
    175x3
    185x3
    195x2
    205x1 ( failed the double)

    Deads

    135x5 135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    275x3
    305x3
    305x3
    305x3

    Met Con

    Plate over head 1min
    Plank 1 min

    3 rounds 45lb plate used.

    Then did some minor rotator cuff work and some stretches.

    Good stuff.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  14. Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  15. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13
    I'm there!!
    RecoverBro ELITE

  16. This week I've decided to focus on front squats and getting too a full clean position.

    Probably work abs a bit more as I feel they are lacking. Still looking lean. My daily macro intake floats around:

    100g fat
    200g protein
    150-400g carbs.
    I add in about 25-30g bcaas as well.

    Sadly I'm not running anything hormonal yet....
    RecoverBro ELITE

  17. How long do you have before you do another hormonal run?
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  18. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13
    How long do you have before you do another hormonal run?
    One week and I'm cycle+pct length out.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  19. I think my next cycle will be trenazone and dht.
    I want to run m4ohn but man that stuff is pricey. A 40 day cycle will run me around $90. We shall see though as I might be able to swing it.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  20. Workout for today


    Front squats
    45x10
    95x5
    95x5
    115x5
    135x5
    145x5
    165x5
    175x3
    185x5 (PR)

    Back squat
    135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3 (PR)

    RDL
    135x5
    135x10
    135x10
    185x5
    185x5
    185x5
    RecoverBro ELITE

  21. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Workout for today


    Front squats
    45x10
    95x5
    95x5
    115x5
    135x5
    145x5
    165x5
    175x3
    185x5 (PR)

    Back squat
    135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3 (PR)

    RDL
    135x5
    135x10
    135x10
    185x5
    185x5
    185x5

    I was amazed at a question I asked myself last Friday. I was about to hit my weighted back extensions after DL's and Front Squats and wondered if I would "rather do RDL's"? I have never ever thought of RDL's as being the lesser of two evils, but there it was. I did the extensions anyways.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

    Recoverbro

  22. I do back extensions at the end of every other workout, crunches at the end of the others.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    I do back extensions at the end of every other workout, crunches at the end of the others.
    (Not ego tripping here) I hit my most recently while holding a 95# DB to my chest, I just don't care for the way they make my lower back and hips feel, but this has improved of late.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

    Recoverbro

  24. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886

    (Not ego tripping here) I hit my most recently while holding a 95# DB to my chest, I just don't care for the way they make my lower back and hips feel, but this has improved of late.
    Impressive. I've been thinking about doing crunches and back extensions like other exercises. Go heavy for 8-12 reps for 3-5 sets instead of a ton of reps.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Impressive. I've been thinking about doing crunches and back extensions like other exercises. Go heavy for 8-12 reps for 3-5 sets instead of a ton of reps.
    That's how they should be done and standing cable crunches are going to better carryover to increasing core strength compared to crunches on the ground. A set of hypers with just BW is boring and unproductive (unless it's used as a warm-up), but a set of 10-12 while holding 3 plates will hit the posterior chain from the lumbar down.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  26. Yeah I do both back extensions and crunches with heavy weights (10 - 15 reps usually). The core is like every other muscle why would you train it with 30+ reps when you wouldn't train your chest or back that way.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That's how they should be done and standing cable crunches are going to better carryover to increasing core strength compared to crunches on the ground. A set of hypers with just BW is boring and unproductive (unless it's used as a warm-up), but a set of 10-12 while holding 3 plates will hit the posterior chain from the lumbar down.
    Glad to hear that from you, I'll start using actual weight starting tomorrow's workout.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Yeah I do both back extensions and crunches with heavy weights (10 - 15 reps usually). The core is like every other muscle why would you train it with 30+ reps when you wouldn't train your chest or back that way.
    Your avatar makes me happy.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

    One week and I'm cycle+pct length out.
    Nice! What are you going to run next?
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    That's how they should be done and standing cable crunches are going to better carryover to increasing core strength compared to crunches on the ground. A set of hypers with just BW is boring and unproductive (unless it's used as a warm-up), but a set of 10-12 while holding 3 plates will hit the posterior chain from the lumbar down.
    Would you suggest to do good mornings or RDLs? As a lower back strengthener.
    I workout at home so I don't really have a back extension platform.

    I think I should do what you do jay, rotate lower back with abs. I'll do some planks today.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Mattrag's workout log
    By mattrag in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 08:56 PM
  2. Mattrag cuts it up with S4
    By mattrag in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 03:24 AM
  3. Mattrag tries the golden feast!
    By mattrag in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 02:47 AM
  4. Mattrag's Pre-DOWN!
    By mattrag in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Log in
Log in