Mattrag and whatever training

Page 4 of 10 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Check out Dmitry Klokov, guy's a monster. It is disgusting.
    yea checked out his stuff on youtube as well... he is a MONSTER. completely ripped up too lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  2. Registered User
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,881
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    yea checked out his stuff on youtube as well... he is a MONSTER. completely ripped up too lol.
    And especially since he weighs over 230 lol. The chinese 77kg lifters are ripped through their f***ing skulls though.
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  3. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    And especially since he weighs over 230 lol. The chinese 77kg lifters are ripped through their f***ing skulls though.
    holy shiet! He is 230? He better be like 6'2".... my god...
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,881
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    holy shiet! He is 230? He better be like 6'2".... my god...
    He's like 5"10 and competes in the 105kg weight class haha
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  5. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda
    He's like 5"10 and competes in the 105kg weight class haha
    I pray he is using roids ...for my sanity's sake. Though I doubt it seeing the olympics pics tested...
    Man, what does he eat lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  6. Registered User
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,881
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I pray he is using roids ...for my sanity's sake. Though I doubt it seeing the olympics pics tested...
    Man, what does he eat lol.
    Other countries aren't as strict on their lifters about steroids, like the US is, because they want to beat the US that badly. A lot of people claim every lifter competing in the Olympic not from the US is taking steroids but I'm sure a lot of those rumors are false and created because people don't want to admit we're losing.
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  7. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda

    Other countries aren't as strict on their lifters about steroids, like the US is, because they want to beat the US that badly. A lot of people claim every lifter competing in the Olympic not from the US is taking steroids but I'm sure a lot of those rumors are false and created because people don't want to admit we're losing.
    HAhaha. Yea, I was thinking that.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  8. Registered User
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,881
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    HAhaha. Yea, I was thinking that.
    Yeah, I'm pretty neutral on the matter. I mean, it definitely seems likely that they use to average people, but I'd like to believe some people are naturally(I mean, they do get to lift full-time) built like Klokov.
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  9. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda
    Yeah, I'm pretty neutral on the matter. I mean, it definitely seems likely that they use to average people, but I'd like to believe some people are naturally(I mean, they do get to lift full-time) built like Klokov.
    Yea. I would think some can... But honestly, if you could use... I can't see it hurting. (just doing test).
    RecoverBro ELITE
  10. Registered User
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,542
    Answers
    0

    Man that guy was a beast. I have never really trained many of those lifts.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  11. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Man that guy was a beast. I have never really trained many of those lifts.
    Ya. Here most members are training to look amazing and be in better health/shape. Athletes and pro bb'ers are probably not in the best of shape health wise.... Kinda like burning the candle at the speed of a blow torch lol. But that's their profession. And their passion. I have always lifted for physique change. I feel that was my limiting actor in my early days of tennis. Now I train explosively and do a lot of mobility and activation workouts. I feel a lot lighter on my feet and in control of my body. But I'm not as big and probably lost a couple pounds of muscle. But then again I'm stronger. (not that I was strong before though lol)
    RecoverBro ELITE
  12. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Interesting lifts this past week

    255 ATG high bar oly squats 6 sets of 5 reps.

    165x5 for 5 sets of push presses

    305x5 conventional deadlift on my max effort dead day.

    3sets of 5 for weighted pull ups @ 45lbs.

    Cleans I'm still working technique...

    Snatches... Omfg... I can't even catch it in the right position... Let alone do an OH squat.. Flexibility is pure crap. Joints are really dying lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  13. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Trained at the gym.. Fcking love it... Wish I could lift that way at home....

    Warmed up with some bench and pull ups.
    Moved to push presses.

    45x5
    95x5
    115x5
    135x5
    155x5
    165x3
    175x3
    185x3
    195x2
    205x1 ( failed the double)

    Deads

    135x5 135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    275x3
    305x3
    305x3
    305x3

    Met Con

    Plate over head 1min
    Plank 1 min

    3 rounds 45lb plate used.

    Then did some minor rotator cuff work and some stretches.

    Good stuff.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  14. Registered User
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Answers
    0
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  15. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13
    I'm there!!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  16. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    This week I've decided to focus on front squats and getting too a full clean position.

    Probably work abs a bit more as I feel they are lacking. Still looking lean. My daily macro intake floats around:

    100g fat
    200g protein
    150-400g carbs.
    I add in about 25-30g bcaas as well.

    Sadly I'm not running anything hormonal yet....
    RecoverBro ELITE
  17. Registered User
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Answers
    0

    How long do you have before you do another hormonal run?
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  18. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13
    How long do you have before you do another hormonal run?
    One week and I'm cycle+pct length out.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  19. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    I think my next cycle will be trenazone and dht.
    I want to run m4ohn but man that stuff is pricey. A 40 day cycle will run me around $90. We shall see though as I might be able to swing it.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  20. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Workout for today


    Front squats
    45x10
    95x5
    95x5
    115x5
    135x5
    145x5
    165x5
    175x3
    185x5 (PR)

    Back squat
    135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3 (PR)

    RDL
    135x5
    135x10
    135x10
    185x5
    185x5
    185x5
    RecoverBro ELITE
  21. Registered User
    taman6886's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,919
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Workout for today


    Front squats
    45x10
    95x5
    95x5
    115x5
    135x5
    145x5
    165x5
    175x3
    185x5 (PR)

    Back squat
    135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3
    265x3 (PR)

    RDL
    135x5
    135x10
    135x10
    185x5
    185x5
    185x5

    I was amazed at a question I asked myself last Friday. I was about to hit my weighted back extensions after DL's and Front Squats and wondered if I would "rather do RDL's"? I have never ever thought of RDL's as being the lesser of two evils, but there it was. I did the extensions anyways.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

    Recoverbro
  22. Registered User
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,881
    Answers
    0

    I do back extensions at the end of every other workout, crunches at the end of the others.
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  23. Registered User
    taman6886's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,919
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    I do back extensions at the end of every other workout, crunches at the end of the others.
    (Not ego tripping here) I hit my most recently while holding a 95# DB to my chest, I just don't care for the way they make my lower back and hips feel, but this has improved of late.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

    Recoverbro
  24. Registered User
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,881
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by taman6886

    (Not ego tripping here) I hit my most recently while holding a 95# DB to my chest, I just don't care for the way they make my lower back and hips feel, but this has improved of late.
    Impressive. I've been thinking about doing crunches and back extensions like other exercises. Go heavy for 8-12 reps for 3-5 sets instead of a ton of reps.
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,113
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Impressive. I've been thinking about doing crunches and back extensions like other exercises. Go heavy for 8-12 reps for 3-5 sets instead of a ton of reps.
    That's how they should be done and standing cable crunches are going to better carryover to increasing core strength compared to crunches on the ground. A set of hypers with just BW is boring and unproductive (unless it's used as a warm-up), but a set of 10-12 while holding 3 plates will hit the posterior chain from the lumbar down.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  26. Registered User
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,272
    Answers
    0

    Yeah I do both back extensions and crunches with heavy weights (10 - 15 reps usually). The core is like every other muscle why would you train it with 30+ reps when you wouldn't train your chest or back that way.
  27. Registered User
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,881
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That's how they should be done and standing cable crunches are going to better carryover to increasing core strength compared to crunches on the ground. A set of hypers with just BW is boring and unproductive (unless it's used as a warm-up), but a set of 10-12 while holding 3 plates will hit the posterior chain from the lumbar down.
    Glad to hear that from you, I'll start using actual weight starting tomorrow's workout.
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  28. Registered User
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,881
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Yeah I do both back extensions and crunches with heavy weights (10 - 15 reps usually). The core is like every other muscle why would you train it with 30+ reps when you wouldn't train your chest or back that way.
    Your avatar makes me happy.
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  29. Registered User
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

    One week and I'm cycle+pct length out.
    Nice! What are you going to run next?
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  30. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    That's how they should be done and standing cable crunches are going to better carryover to increasing core strength compared to crunches on the ground. A set of hypers with just BW is boring and unproductive (unless it's used as a warm-up), but a set of 10-12 while holding 3 plates will hit the posterior chain from the lumbar down.
    Would you suggest to do good mornings or RDLs? As a lower back strengthener.
    I workout at home so I don't really have a back extension platform.

    I think I should do what you do jay, rotate lower back with abs. I'll do some planks today.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  31. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13

    Nice! What are you going to run next?
    Dht + m4ohn. I found it rodja.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  32. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Hmm, didn't update the last couple days but here is what I did today. Pretty good PRs.

    Front squats/back push press

    45x10/45x10
    95x5/95x5
    115x5/115x5
    135x5/0
    185x3/0
    205x2/0 (PR)
    205x2/0
    205x2/0

    Back squats (OLY)

    135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    275x3
    275x3
    275x3
    275x3
    275x3

    Pendlay Rows

    135x10
    135x10
    185x10
    225x5
    225x5
    225x5


    Good day today. Amazing I got 205 for the front squat lol. Been pausing at the bottom of each squat set for 1 second to make sure I can actually hit the bottom of the squat.
    Body comp is looking pretty good I must say.. Pretty much just eating what I normally eat... 2 more weeks or so till I hit the amazing cycle.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  33. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,571
    Answers
    0

    You're moving good weight with good volume as well man. Good job.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  34. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,113
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Would you suggest to do good mornings or RDLs? As a lower back strengthener.
    I workout at home so I don't really have a back extension platform.

    I think I should do what you do jay, rotate lower back with abs. I'll do some planks today.
    Yes, those are great lifts for strengthening the lower back.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  35. Registered User
    taman6886's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,919
    Answers
    0

    Nice job on the PR front squats Matt. Learn from my mistake on those: No matter how much your grip may be pressing into your windpipe, DO NOT change your grip!
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

    Recoverbro
  36. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    Yes, those are great lifts for strengthening the lower back.
    Thanks. I will probably add those in rotationally somehow.
    Hard to write my own program lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  37. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by taman6886
    Nice job on the PR front squats Matt. Learn from my mistake on those: No matter how much your grip may be pressing into your windpipe, DO NOT change your grip!
    Hehe. I use a rack grip. So really if the weight isn't nicely balanced against my neck across my shoulders I'm gonna drop it lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  38. Registered User
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,262
    Answers
    0

    Do you think that you may be leaning a little to far forward on those? The bar shouldn't really be in your neck, but across your shoulders and upper chest. If you have to keep it on your clavicle or into your neck to keep it from dropping it almost sounds to me like you may be leaning a little too far forward at the bottom
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  39. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Do you think that you may be leaning a little to far forward on those? The bar shouldn't really be in your neck, but across your shoulders and upper chest. If you have to keep it on your clavicle or into your neck to keep it from dropping it almost sounds to me like you may be leaning a little too far forward at the bottom
    Hmm I'll try get a vid or pick up tomorrow.I am not choking, it's not on my bones either. I have it resting pretty good on my shoulders. Been watching A LOT of weight lifting vids as of late and I think I need some bigger shoulders lol.

    I think I'm going for lower weight front squats tomorrow. Depends how smashed my quads feel... Today I only did some weighted pull ups and snatch grip deads so my legs should be semi good...
    RecoverBro ELITE
  40. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0

    Pull ups

    BWx5
    BWx5
    BW+45x5
    BW+45x5
    BW+45x5
    BW+45x5
    BW+45x5

    Snatch grip deads (Mainly for feel)

    135x5
    135x5
    135x5
    135x5

    Hand stand practice

    30seconds x2

    Did a mobility WOD from the mobility WOD project (Been trying to get 1-2 in every day) and found some stuff from California strength to do as well. Healing pretty well I must say. Hitting doubles and triples make this game more fun lol. body feels good, and I seem to be leaning out.... Must be burning more cals or something lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Mattrag's workout log
    By mattrag in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 06:56 PM
  2. Mattrag cuts it up with S4
    By mattrag in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 01:24 AM
  3. Mattrag tries the golden feast!
    By mattrag in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 12:47 AM
  4. Mattrag's Pre-DOWN!
    By mattrag in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in