Mattrag and whatever training

Page 4 of 16 First ... 23456 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Wow... so they are actually SMALLER? hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    that is very off then! I noticed this because someone was doing deadlifts with them.. they grabbed a standard 45 lb plate from the other squat racks. You could tell that the standard 45 lb plate was smaller because it didnt meet the ground like the bumper plate did. I'll have to ask the ppl at the gym about this
    Yup, they're slightly smaller. Now that I'm thinking about it, sometimes I would have a bar on the platform with just a bumper 45lb weight on each side, I'd go to put a 45lb iron weight on it too and have to really work to get it on the bar because it made contact with the platform. So it makes since that the bumpers are slightly smaller.

Hopefully that small paragraph is readable.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

been doing it for 4 weeks my bp hasnt gone over 130/75. I'm a beast, what can I say.
    Thanks, I feel better knowing you are keeping an eye on it.Seen too many "omg help I haz teh gyno's threads" by idiots which apparently you are not on of them.
    Recoverbro
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Thanks, I feel better knowing you are keeping an eye onion! Seen too many "omg help I haz teh gyno's threads" by idiots which apparently you are not on of them.
    BigDavid knows what he is doing (I hope lol).
    Getting his bloods done post cycle too. Lucky bum.
    RecoverBro ELITE

4. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Thanks, I feel better knowing you are keeping an eye on it.Seen too many "omg help I haz teh gyno's threads" by idiots which apparently you are not on of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    BigDavid knows what he is doing (I hope lol).
    Getting his bloods done post cycle too. Lucky bum.
    Shucks, guys . Actually I am getting "during bloods" next week that I paid for. Gona hit up the doc for some post cycle bloods when I get my physical in a few months :P. I've never got on cycle bloods before since I just do short methyl cycles, but I am curious to see how suppressed I am at my last week on cycle.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Shucks, guys . Actually I am getting "during bloods" next week that I paid for. Gona hit up the doc for some post cycle bloods when I get my physical in a few months :P. I've never got on cycle bloods before since I just do short methyl cycles, but I am curious to see how suppressed I am at my last week on cycle.
    AWESOME!!

BTW, yesterday I did some speed cleans like Jay suggested. My god it was good, got a nice stretch too. Another Q!!

I don't have enough shoulder mobility to do an over head squat (Or hip/low back "give" to get that low w/o lowering my torso) any tips? I know youtube got a ton, but just wondering what you all thought
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   

6. Idk man I have never done any "fancy" type of squats, I like to keep it simple lol

7. wow.... today tried to match my PR of 185x2 for power cleans and I dropped the second one (Well almost... saved it but skinned my chest and arms saving my floor...) I had a technical failure on the second clean's first pull so I just tried to pull the double w/o resetting... never again. lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

8. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Idk man I have never done any "fancy" type of squats, I like to keep it simple lol
    It's to progress into doing snatches lol. Plus it's kool haha.
    RecoverBro ELITE

9. Overhead squatting is pretty difficult without Olympic weightlifting shoes. I started out overhead squatting onto a bench seat because I couldn't mentally get myself to squat down without the bench under me lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    AWESOME!!

BTW, yesterday I did some speed cleans like Jay suggested. My god it was good, got a nice stretch too. Another Q!!

I don't have enough shoulder mobility to do an over head squat (Or hip/low back "give" to get that low w/o lowering my torso) any tips? I know youtube got a ton, but just wondering what you all thought

Other than "you 're insane"? Nope, no thoughts at all. It's a very technical lift, never attempted it, best of luck my friend.
    Recoverbro

11. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Overhead squatting is pretty difficult without Olympic weightlifting shoes. I started out overhead squatting onto a bench seat because I couldn't mentally get myself to squat down without the bench under me lol
    I know... I want those shoes... how the hell do Cross fitters do it w/o the shoes? It doesn't even seem possible w/o them... Even catching the clean at the low ATG squat... squatting that low on a high bar back squat is already damn hard... can't even imagine having the bar in front of me...
    RecoverBro ELITE

12. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Other than "you 're insane"? Nope, no thoughts at all. It's a very technical lift, never attempted it, best of luck my friend.
    The only way I train man....After nearly dropping 185 I did some DE deads. I must say I need to work this lift. My speed sux.... BTW, I do REALLY Abbreviated sessions. 8-15 max effort then like 30-1hr of rest, then I do more... I love the weekends... Next up is 100 pull ups for time. I'm getting psyched for this one. I think last winter I did it all in 20mins. I wanna see if I can do it in less than 15 now.
    RecoverBro ELITE

13. 100 pull ups for time....that's interesting. Sounds tiring!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

14. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    100 pull ups for time....that's interesting. Sounds tiring!!
    hehe, having to train more as an "athlete" I need to do more balanced work loads. Strength stuff, speed stuff, and endurance stuff. Sadly... When I was doing BB workouts I would only do the strength stuff haha. So I am slow as hell.... AND I don't last very long... Hmm...
    RecoverBro ELITE

15. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    hehe, having to train more as an "athlete" I need to do more balanced work loads. Strength stuff, speed stuff, and endurance stuff. Sadly... When I was doing BB workouts I would only do the strength stuff haha. So I am slow as hell.... AND I don't last very long... Hmm...
    That's what she said..................
    Recoverbro

16. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    That's what she said..................
    didn't have to wait long for that lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

17. 5/5/12
    Power cleans
    135x5x5
    155x3
    175x3
    185x1 (failed the double... was horrible)

DE Deadlifts

185x2x12 (20-30 seconds between sets)

100 pull ups

Time 12mins 8 seconds.

I have determined that my biceps are a real problem right now for my clean and my pull ups... When they get pumped I can't rack the bar well and when I do pull ups they limit how "high" i can get at the top. By no means are the FCKING HYOOOGE. but still they are a bit bigger than I need them to be. Hopefully it's mostly fat and will burn off w/o sacrificing my wonderful on the run, out stretched, on the rise forehands for tennis..... well regardless hopefully if I lose some more weight I can actually get to the ball in time so I'm not doing some ridiculous shot that I should be able to hit clean...
    RecoverBro ELITE

18. I know this sounds patronizing- widen the grip on th pullups? It would open the angle of the elbow at the top of the concentric part- just a thought.

19. Quote Originally Posted by sae2110
    I know this sounds patronizing- widen the grip on th pullups? It would open the angle of the elbow at the top of the concentric part- just a thought.
    Would definitely bring the lats in more as well. Though I train pull ups mainly for upright stability on my standing OHP and front squats so my hand position mimics the plane I use for those... Good advice though. Just that going from a BB back to a performance athlete... The body just isn't proportionate.... Specially for something like tennis... Lmao.
    Thanks!!!
    RecoverBro ELITE

20. Tennis is the only sport ill openly admit Im bad at lol

21. yesterday didn't do anything but watch 2 movies with the wife at home. Checked out some Mobility stuff... omg i'm freaking IMMOBILE!

Oh, and don't worry Jay, tennis is hard.. I admit I joined for the girls.
    RecoverBro ELITE

22. It works!

23. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    5/5/12
    Power cleans
    135x5x5
    155x3
    175x3
    185x1 (failed the double... was horrible)

DE Deadlifts

185x2x12 (20-30 seconds between sets)

100 pull ups

Time 12mins 8 seconds.

I have determined that my biceps are a real problem right now for my clean and my pull ups... When they get pumped I can't rack the bar well and when I do pull ups they limit how "high" i can get at the top. By no means are the FCKING HYOOOGE. but still they are a bit bigger than I need them to be. Hopefully it's mostly fat and will burn off w/o sacrificing my wonderful on the run, out stretched, on the rise forehands for tennis..... well regardless hopefully if I lose some more weight I can actually get to the ball in time so I'm not doing some ridiculous shot that I should be able to hit clean...
    I bet your lats are more the limiting factor than your biceps as far as something obstructing your ascent, that and you need to arch your back a little more to be able to pull to you collar bone or chest once you get a little mass on you. It will bring the lats more into the move also.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

24. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73

I bet your lats are more the limiting factor than your biceps as far as something obstructing your ascent, that and you need to arch your back a little more to be able to pull to you collar bone or chest once you get a little mass on you. It will bring the lats more into the move also.
    That could be it. When I was doing pull ups on Saturday I was able to hit bw+45x3 (never did weighted pull ups before) but I was able to get my chest over the bar. I guess I wasn't in practice.

Anyway I'm back and I have all my workouts logged in my book. Donno if I'll post um all but it's good to be back lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

25. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid
    It works!
    Yup!!!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mattrag's workout log
    By mattrag in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 08:56 PM
  2. Mattrag cuts it up with S4