Mattrag and whatever training

Page 13 of 16 First ... 1112131415 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Starting to catch me on those front squats big man!
    How much do you front squat?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Tbh the limiting factor for me is the wrist flexibility and tightness of my lats pulling my elbows apart. I should hit 275 before I head to Hawaii in July. At least for a double.
    Video required if you pull that off! Definitely feasible though since your BS is so far ahead of your FS.

2. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda

Video required if you pull that off! Definitely feasible though since your BS is so far ahead of your FS.
    Yea my BS is around 315 or so beltless for 5. Best was 375x5. I'll get a vid up when it happens though.
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda

. 275x1, but I use a Diff grip style than Matt. Back is 410.
    Recoverbro

4. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    . 275x1, but I use a Diff grip style than Matt. Back is 410.
    Impressive Backsquat. For FS do you use the arm cross grip(Not sure what it is actually called)?

5. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Impressive Backsquat. For FS do you use the arm cross grip(Not sure what it is actually called)?
    I take a rev grip with my arms under the bar, hands about 6-8 inches apart, plant the bar on my front delts, best way I can think to describe it atm.
    Recoverbro
    •   

6. I have trouble with the olympic grip as well. I have to do the arm crossover...or forget about it.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443

7. Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen
    I have trouble with the olympic grip as well. I have to do the arm crossover...or forget about it.
    Got the Olympic style one mostly down. Just need a little more time.

Did 245x1 on Friday then today did 225x3.
    Also did 185x5x3

Also bent over rowed 325x5
    And rdl around 315x5.
    RecoverBro ELITE

8. So as I have decided (yes stupidly not getting much advice from anyone as there is really no one in my area that has any idea on weightlifting progress...) I will be adding in more front squat volume because my rack position suffers from upper torso strength. And well over all back tightness. I can feel my traps pull against my lats when I sit at the bottom position.
    Also, I have recently added pauses at the bottom of my front squat to get accustomed to receiving weight in that position.
    Probably get in some db rows today as well. Just to strengthen my back a bit more.

Diet wise it has been really lax... I'm super surprised I'm not a bloated balloon right now...( well aside from on Friday when I had a MEAN allergic reaction to peanuts. I've had no problem with them in the past but Thursday night I was low on cals so I ate around 4 TBSP of PB... Woke up at 3 had hives all over my joints and back, by the morning it covered most of my upper leg, back, arms, and my joints were swollen. This was the first incident for me so I was freaked! Got some med from the doc and I'm on those now. )
    Lemme go over the rest of my diet.

Most times for lunch I'll eat a pound of pork or beef usually medium fatty cut, dinner will be something like 1.5 pounds of meat with some rice or potatoes. I try to snack on nuts through the day but funds regulate that lol.
    I aim for something like:

200g protein (including bcaa but not carnitine, taurine or BA)
    150-300g carbs
    150-250g fat

Get in somewhere between 3500-4000 cals a day. Friends say I'm looking leaner and bigger... No idea really I'm not on anything ATM cept some staples. Lol. I guess I just needed more fun training.
    RecoverBro ELITE

9. Wow yesterday was so muggy I thought I was gonna die. So bad this weather. And the office doesn't use AC....japan policy.

Did 4 singles of 245 in the front squat. Really good stuff.
    Did some cleans too. Working up to the full clean. Going quite well IMO.
    RecoverBro ELITE

10. I just spent around an hour doing soft tissue work on my hip and glute region ala Kelley Starett and my god it is amazing. An hour of self torture but now I can even feel the difference when walking! PR time tomorrow for the front squats!
    RecoverBro ELITE

11. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I just spent around an hour doing soft tissue work on my hip and glute region ala Kelley Starett and my god it is amazing. An hour of self torture but now I can even feel the difference when walking! PR time tomorrow for the front squats!
    I'll have to try out soft tissue massages. Why aren't you following my log!

12. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda

I'll have to try out soft tissue massages. Why aren't you following my log!
    Need a link my friend!

My back seems to be a bit soft today so I will probably use a belt today and go with 60% on front squats and use today to work on bench press and some pull ups.
    RecoverBro ELITE

13. Yesterday did 255 front squats for two singles.
    Felt really strong going into it a I did 245x2 and 225x3. Probably try get 255 for two Monday then 265x1 on Friday. Seems to be great for my progress using this progression.
    RecoverBro ELITE

14. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Yesterday did 255 front squats for two singles.
    Felt really strong going into it a I did 245x2 and 225x3. Probably try get 255 for two Monday then 265x1 on Friday. Seems to be great for my progress using this progression.

BOOM BABY!
    Recoverbro

15. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Yesterday did 255 front squats for two singles.
    Gonna catch up to me at this rate

16. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda

Gonna catch up to me at this rate
    Haha. Man you are like 20lbs less than me. I'm just lucky as my upper body is damn strong. And my legs are big from being an ex fatty.

Thinking if making a YouTube channel for advice and stuff (both giving and receiving) as a lot of my friends here in japan who I give training advice too on a near daily basis are gonna miss my coaching.
    Would love to have all of you follow!!
    RecoverBro ELITE

17. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886

BOOM BABY!
    Yup!! I'm in pct and getting stronger!!
    RecoverBro ELITE

18. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Haha. Man you are like 20lbs less than me. I'm just lucky as my upper body is damn strong. And my legs are big from being an ex fatty.

Thinking if making a YouTube channel for advice and stuff (both giving and receiving) as a lot of my friends here in japan who I give training advice too on a near daily basis are gonna miss my coaching.
    Would love to have all of you follow!!
    I'd follow.

I'm thinking about making one as well, but just to post daily footage of me training.

19. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda
    I'd follow.

I'm thinking about making one as well, but just to post daily footage of me training.
    Link it up here man! You are beast!
    RecoverBro ELITE

20. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Link it up here man! You are beast!
    It'll be in my signature once I have videos going. The place I do my Oly lifts at in the morning has a webcam recording all the platform so I'm finally getting quality footage.

When are you leaving Japan?

21. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda

It'll be in my signature once I have videos going. The place I do my Oly lifts at in the morning has a webcam recording all the platform so I'm finally getting quality footage.

When are you leaving Japan?
    I leave 7/31 and because of time zones I reach Hawaii on 7/31 in the morning lol.

Man... I wish my place had that. I might build a platform outside my house to do oly lifts. Then just go gym with the wife and stuff to do some basic bb type weights and light cardio when I need to bring up that aspect.

My iPhone app doesn't view sigs but I will probably be viewing from a computer when I get home cause I wont have the iPhone anymore ....
    RecoverBro ELITE

22. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I leave 7/31 and because of time zones I reach Hawaii on 7/31 in the morning lol.

Man... I wish my place had that. I might build a platform outside my house to do oly lifts. Then just go gym with the wife and stuff to do some basic bb type weights and light cardio when I need to bring up that aspect.

My iPhone app doesn't view sigs but I will probably be viewing from a computer when I get home cause I wont have the iPhone anymore ....
    Why are you getting rid of the iphone?! I'll PM you the link once it's up, I haven't made the account for it yet. I'm still thinking of a legit username for it haha

23. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda

Why are you getting rid of the iphone?! I'll PM you the link once it's up, I haven't made the account for it yet. I'm still thinking of a legit username for it haha
    Same here lol!!

But this phone is japan locked so I will have to get another phone. Haven't decided what yet. My iPhones home button is pretty much dead anyway. I'll just use it at home as an itouch probably.
    When I get mine up I'll let you know. I'll probably take some vids here of my mobility and corrective sessions with some friends then edit later.
    RecoverBro ELITE

24. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Same here lol!!

But this phone is japan locked so I will have to get another phone. Haven't decided what yet. My iPhones home button is pretty much dead anyway. I'll just use it at home as an itouch probably.
    When I get mine up I'll let you know. I'll probably take some vids here of my mobility and corrective sessions with some friends then edit later.
    Yeah, I liked my iPhone 3gs. I use it as an itouch, mainly for music in my car, ever since I decided to get the Samsung Note instead of a new iPhone.

25. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda

Yeah, I liked my iPhone 3gs. I use it as an itouch, mainly for music in my car, ever since I decided to get the Samsung Note instead of a new iPhone.
    We shall see what I get when I get home lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mattrag's workout log
    By mattrag in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 07:56 PM
  2. Mattrag cuts it up with S4
    By mattrag in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 02:24 AM
  3. Mattrag tries the golden feast!