Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 9 of 40 First ... 7891011 ... Last

  1. Good work Tom!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html


  2. Damn bro...High and nice lifts oO you are back on track like nothing ever happened to yah haha
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Good work Tom!
    Thanks man. It was a great workout. Just ran a little too long though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Damn bro...High and nice lifts oO you are back on track like nothing ever happened to yah haha
    Ya I have been back in the gym just hadnt really been updating. Was out of the gym for 10 days. Didnt really lose anything but wasnt trying to push it too hard on certain lifts. Dont want to go overboard with super taxing lifts like deadlifts. Would suck to set myself back. I figure 505 for 10 reps is pretty good. More volume than I would normally do with that much weight.

    What I might do is some squats and core today. Not a normal squat day, but I need to work on my form bad. My squat is so far behind my deadlift. Before it was 100 pounds off now it is even farther behind. Might do a little other assistance work who knows.

    Yesterday Mario(workout partner) brought up an idea of basically pretending we were preparing for a show. Like starting in August do a 12 week contest prep. At the very least it would be practice and we would be shredded. Well he would get shredded. He claims he has like 18% body fat, but he has visible lines in his stomach where his abs are clearly coming in. I have leaned out a lot, but I still have a gut. Nowhere near having abs, but I have seen some great progress.

    Idk if I want to do the whole contest practice yet. There is a USAPL(I think that is the FED) powerlifting meet near me in October. So I am STRONGLY considering that. That would be fun to do. After it then maybe do the contest practice. I would compete in the 220 class most likely. Just walk in underweight since it is my 1st meet. Right now I might be a little over 220 I dont honestly.

    EDIT: Oh ya yesterday they were fixing gym equipment(FINALLY). On Monday I was doing ELECT upright rows with cables. The thing snapped off. Almost made myself mo' ugly haha.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Thanks man. It was a great workout. Just ran a little too long though.



    Ya I have been back in the gym just hadnt really been updating. Was out of the gym for 10 days. Didnt really lose anything but wasnt trying to push it too hard on certain lifts. Dont want to go overboard with super taxing lifts like deadlifts. Would suck to set myself back. I figure 505 for 10 reps is pretty good. More volume than I would normally do with that much weight.

    What I might do is some squats and core today. Not a normal squat day, but I need to work on my form bad. My squat is so far behind my deadlift. Before it was 100 pounds off now it is even farther behind. Might do a little other assistance work who knows.

    Yesterday Mario(workout partner) brought up an idea of basically pretending we were preparing for a show. Like starting in August do a 12 week contest prep. At the very least it would be practice and we would be shredded. Well he would get shredded. He claims he has like 18% body fat, but he has visible lines in his stomach where his abs are clearly coming in. I have leaned out a lot, but I still have a gut. Nowhere near having abs, but I have seen some great progress.

    Idk if I want to do the whole contest practice yet. There is a USAPL(I think that is the FED) powerlifting meet near me in October. So I am STRONGLY considering that. That would be fun to do. After it then maybe do the contest practice. I would compete in the 220 class most likely. Just walk in underweight since it is my 1st meet. Right now I might be a little over 220 I dont honestly.

    EDIT: Oh ya yesterday they were fixing gym equipment(FINALLY). On Monday I was doing ELECT upright rows with cables. The thing snapped off. Almost made myself mo' ugly haha.
    Bro you got good lifts , you should definitely go! It would be a nice experience and who knows , if you win something COOL , if not , f*ck i bet its still f*cking awesome to go to one anyway . After that I would say give it a go on the 12 week contest prep practice haha , those transformations and deadlines make yah feel alive bro, and makes yah push it harder!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  5. Fug it do both! You can do it!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Bro you got good lifts , you should definitely go! It would be a nice experience and who knows , if you win something COOL , if not , f*ck i bet its still f*cking awesome to go to one anyway . After that I would say give it a go on the 12 week contest prep practice haha , those transformations and deadlines make yah feel alive bro, and makes yah push it harder!
    Ya if I want to do powerlifting I have to start somewhere haha. Not really on level to win anything haha. Plus I hear first meets are a little overwhelming. So it will be an experience to say the least. The contest prep practice would definitely motivate me. I think after the powerlifting meet I should be in better shape. More likely to post pics which will be more motivation. Dont want to punk out when I really have something to prove.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Fug it do both! You can do it!
    Ya I think that is going to be my plan. Do the powerlifting meet(if possible), and then start the contest prep a week or 2 later. Honestly I wouldnt mind convincing Mario to try and do a contest. Like I said he is a lot further along than I am.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Ya if I want to do powerlifting I have to start somewhere haha. Not really on level to win anything haha. Plus I hear first meets are a little overwhelming. So it will be an experience to say the least. The contest prep practice would definitely motivate me. I think after the powerlifting meet I should be in better shape. More likely to post pics which will be more motivation. Dont want to punk out when I really have something to prove.



    Ya I think that is going to be my plan. Do the powerlifting meet(if possible), and then start the contest prep a week or 2 later. Honestly I wouldnt mind convincing Mario to try and do a contest. Like I said he is a lot further along than I am.
    Haha like Kleen said , fug it and do both , heck even do a fuggin transformers competition sequel , some enhancement along the way and your abs could come in cooler than LTL's abs!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

    Haha like Kleen said , fug it and do both , heck even do a fuggin transformers competition sequel , some enhancement along the way and your abs could come in cooler than LTL's abs!
    Haha idk if I would do a competition sequel. Those guys are killing it in there. Plus like I said I want to do 12 weeks. Which would be short in terms of a contest prep. Unless of course you are already ripped up.

    Well the powerlifting comp is run by the strict federation. A friend of mine basically said I have a good chance of being tested. They go by how you perform and how you look. I wont be looking like an average powerlifter(hopefully haha).

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Haha idk if I would do a competition sequel. Those guys are killing it in there. Plus like I said I want to do 12 weeks. Which would be short in terms of a contest prep. Unless of course you are already ripped up.

    Well the powerlifting comp is run by the strict federation. A friend of mine basically said I have a good chance of being tested. They go by how you perform and how you look. I wont be looking like an average powerlifter(hopefully haha).
    Hahaha idk man I've never enhanced myself yet maybe some years down the road and with more experience I'll look to the bigger guys for some advice on newbie stuff for me
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  10. So I ended up going to the gym to do squats and core. Didnt want to stay there too long. Got in a good number of sets in. The major set was 405 for 3 reps. Form felt like it was good, but I really need to record it to be able to tell. After the 405 I dropped it to 225 and did some cluster sets of 5 reps. The place was busy so after a few sets I called it quits.

    Off to do core. Did 3 sets with the ab wheel. Then did 3 sets of wood choppers. Could have done landmines, but the ONLY open corner in the gym was occupied. Was ready to go at that point anyway.

    Hopefully wake up refreshed and will do some light cardio. Then later in the day will be chest and biceps.

  11. Tom... my Grand-Maw can pull more than that... then again she's 6'5" 255 and runs the 40 in 4.3 secs!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  12. And answers to the name of Dwayne Johnson...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  13. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    And answers to the name of Dwayne Johnson...
    Can ya smellllllllllll, what grand-maw is cookin
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  14. Tom tom. did i miss pic updates?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Tom tom. did i miss pic updates?
    I havent done a food pic update in a while. Dont think you were talking about a pic of me because... there havent been any haha.

    Chest went well on Thursday. Going nonstop is a hell of a lot harder. Before we would switch in and out during the ELECT sets. Now 1 person does the whole ELECT set and then the other person goes. So there is no rest at all. Tried to get 315 for 2 rest pause reps. Got the 1st 1 but the 2nd 1 just wasnt happening. I knew I was going too heavy. Left the gym all swelled up looking.

    Decided to take Friday off. Quads were still a bit sore from Wednesday. I will just go hit legs tomorrow. Still ended up carb back loading quite a bit. Honestly had more carbs than I should have. Basically treated it like a training day. Not ideal for me, but once I start it is hard to say no to carbs. Plus who cant use a little more muscle anyway?

    Alright time for some notes about food:

    I tried sweet potatoe, banana, and Greek yogurt. Not something I would suggest honestly haha. Just didnt taste all that great. Had a weird texture too.

    Today I killed some bacon. I honestly forgot how awesome it is. I am talking real bacon. It was unreal how much better it tastes. I cooked some eggs and to add some extra fat to them I took the oil from the bacon and poured it over the eggs. So they were bacon and cheese eggs. It was so damn good. I will have to do that again.

    Cooked pot roast earlier in the week. Had sweet potatoes instead of red potatoes. Wow I am glad. They were perfect. Will be cooking it again very soon.

  16. Made up my missed leg day tonight.

    Used a little extra weight on my sumo deadlift warm up(225). Might start adding a little more. Eventually getting around to trying these with real weight. Used normal weight for leg extension warm up.

    Added a little more weight on ELECT squats. Decided to call it on the 2nd rep of my last set. Just didnt feel like I was explosive enough. Was grinding the rep out a bit much. But I was using 20 more pounds than usual. ELECT hack squats I used more and it still felt pretty good.

    Decided to try 445 on squats. Got somebody to record it for me so here you go.


    Interested to hear some opinions. Was curious about my depth. Plus in the past I have had a habit of turning it into a good morning.
    Easy to get approvol votes from people I see. Not as easy when the people know I will never see them haha.

    On to hamstrings. ELECT seated leg curls went great. Thinking I can slowly add weight on it. Some solid SLDLs with 225. Do these with double overhand grip. Then I did a set of 135 with fat gripz. Got to work that grip some.

    Finishing with some calves. Seated calf raise 100 reps AFSAP. Leg press calf raise. Some kind of calf raise that start with a T that works the front of your shin.

    The workout went great. Thinking I can add a little weight here and there. Left the gym shaking a bit but not too bad. Dont think I overdid it.

    Time for me to get some food in my belly. Just finished some jasmine rice with chicken and cabbage. Going to attack some dessert soon. Time to get those carbs in. Already got a decent sweat going on from eating.

  17. Sounds so yummy.
    RIP Ryan, :(

  18. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    Sounds so yummy.
    Foods have been very good lately. Just finished an apple fritter. Damn thing was AMAZING! Pretty on point for carbs to fat ratio. Almost 60 grams of carbs with about 12 grams fat. Hard to beat that when it comes to desert.

  19. A big thanks to Napalm. Really helped me out.

    Shoulders and triceps last night flew by. Literally didnt take an hour. Just attacked the hell out of the weights I guess. Almost thought we skipped some stuff haha.

    Numbers werent great but used fat gripz a lot. Trying to get that grip strength up. Look very big especially in the shoulders. Had a oversized shirt and still filled it up when I got pumped.

    Got asked if I used to lift somewhere else. Apparently I used to cause the whole place to stop and stare while I deadlifted haha.

  20. Nice, and as far as your depth on that squat your femur was definitely beyond a 90 degree that is about as close as you can go to rock bottom with sitting on your calves. Hell the top of your thigh was parallel that is a deep squat!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  21. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice, and as far as your depth on that squat your femur was definitely beyond a 90 degree that is about as close as you can go to rock bottom with sitting on your calves. Hell the top of your thigh was parallel that is a deep squat!
    Thanks man. Ya I was pretty sure about the depth haha. Just a matter of correcting form so I can handle more weight. I should be able to do more. Just not making the most of the power I possess.

    Today's workout was a bit rush. Nothing too bad just had to get it done. Dont like rushing back, but cant complain about how it turned out.

    Warmed up with much more weight on deadlifts(315). Felt my back more. Not sure if it was a pos or neg. Ended up going to 425 on deadlifts. Used a belt this time. Usually stop at 405. Felt pretty dang strong.

    ELECT BB rows, got up to 245 and then grip was just spent. Felt my back get worked though.

    Close grip lat pull downs really seemed to hit my lats. Feels like they are really growing. Like they actually push my arms out not just me being a douche haha.

    ELECT shrugs and wide high pulley rows, felt good but again grip held me back a little bit. Worked my traps well though. Definitely doing a better job of actually working my traps.

    DB bench press, I think it was 55s for 25 reps. Usually go a bit heavy, but time was running out. Figured 1 set high rep low weight was better than nothing. Chest pumped up like I had done a full workout though haha.

    Going to try and go a bit crazy with the carbs tonight. Have plenty of left over pot roast. Plus some nice dessert treats that I can kill.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Made up my missed leg day tonight.

    Used a little extra weight on my sumo deadlift warm up(225). Might start adding a little more. Eventually getting around to trying these with real weight. Used normal weight for leg extension warm up.

    Added a little more weight on ELECT squats. Decided to call it on the 2nd rep of my last set. Just didnt feel like I was explosive enough. Was grinding the rep out a bit much. But I was using 20 more pounds than usual. ELECT hack squats I used more and it still felt pretty good.

    Decided to try 445 on squats. Got somebody to record it for me so here you go.


    Interested to hear some opinions. Was curious about my depth. Plus in the past I have had a habit of turning it into a good morning.
    Easy to get approvol votes from people I see. Not as easy when the people know I will never see them haha.

    On to hamstrings. ELECT seated leg curls went great. Thinking I can slowly add weight on it. Some solid SLDLs with 225. Do these with double overhand grip. Then I did a set of 135 with fat gripz. Got to work that grip some.

    Finishing with some calves. Seated calf raise 100 reps AFSAP. Leg press calf raise. Some kind of calf raise that start with a T that works the front of your shin.

    The workout went great. Thinking I can add a little weight here and there. Left the gym shaking a bit but not too bad. Dont think I overdid it.

    Time for me to get some food in my belly. Just finished some jasmine rice with chicken and cabbage. Going to attack some dessert soon. Time to get those carbs in. Already got a decent sweat going on from eating.
    That was good , proper , deep and strong form bro , not shaky , didnt notice knees going in at all, deep and beyond parallel and controlled negative and positive motion. 9/10 I'd say , it woulda been a 10/10 but we need to see some facial rage expressions when you push up to be more fair with the grading hahahaha , nah i'm kidding bro , freaking awesome squat bro , and a lot of weight too oO
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  23. I like how the how rack goes flying forward when you re-rack the weight.
    NSCA - CSCS

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    That was good , proper , deep and strong form bro , not shaky , didnt notice knees going in at all, deep and beyond parallel and controlled negative and positive motion. 9/10 I'd say , it woulda been a 10/10 but we need to see some facial rage expressions when you push up to be more fair with the grading hahahaha , nah i'm kidding bro , freaking awesome squat bro , and a lot of weight too oO
    Ya I thought it was pretty good. Still need plenty of work on my squat. There is a big gap between my squat weight and deadlift weight.

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I like how the how rack goes flying forward when you re-rack the weight.
    Haha that is because there was absolutely no weight on the rack. The place has limited 45s. I pretty much steal all the 45s if I decide to leg press. The video was a little longer but I had to edit it so I could email the file.

    The plan today is to do a 531 squat workout. Still have to figure out which template I want to use.

  25. I ended up going over board with the workout. Got to talking(worst thing to do).

    So instead of starting with squats I did sumo deadlifts. Which was kind of cool to work on them. Most I did was 275 for 8 reps. This was just to help warm up. Then I did 3 sets of leg extensions.

    Finally got to squats. 3 sets of 5 reps. 65% 260, 75% 300, and 85% 340. The last set is to as many reps as possible. Ended up stopping at 7 reps because I felt form being compromised some. Plus this is an additional workout. Not partially something I need to push.

    Leg press: 5 sets of 20 reps. I totally over estimated. Next time I will start lighter. Assistance work shouldnt be that serious haha.

    Stiff leg deadlift: 5 sets of 10 reps with 225. I did these double overhand. Felt real good and grip held up till the last set. Glutes and hamstrings got worked.

    Alright now the prescribed workout haha.

    3 sets of 10 with ab wheel

    3 sets of 10 wood choppers

    After this I felt ready to go. My body told me I did too much. That is why I am going to stuff it full of food. Hopefully that will shut it up and I can do chest and biceps tomorrow. I dont have much desserts left. Finished an apple turnover already. Going through a thing of Chinese take out. I have a chocolate eclair left but it is only 24grams of carbs with 12 grams of fat. Probably wont get it again even though it is tasty. Apple fritters tastes great and have close to 60 grams of carbs with about 12 grams of fat. Planning on having some ice cream and a microwaved banana in a minute. My legs took a beating tonight and they demand the CARBS!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 04:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 03:08 PM
  3. Cup Cake Batter protein.
    By Liftergym33 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 10:22 PM
  4. Cake Problem!
    By RoidRageX10 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 04:02 AM
  5. Kitty Litter Cake
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum Recipes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Log in
Log in