Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 25 of 25 First ... 20232425
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    I have been Mia again. Sorry. I got laid off last week.
    Dang sorry to hear TC. Hope things work out for you.

Saturday I did occlusion training for legs. Sunday I tried occlusion training for back. Mainly just so I could take it easy on my shoulder. Don't need to use a lot of weight. Not sure if I like it for the torso yet.

Today trained legs again. It is so painful while training. After leg press the last 2 times I felt like hell. The thing is I recover from it so fast. My legs feel fresh like I didn't even train.

Lying leg curls 55 pounds for 30/15/15/15
    Leg press 360 pounds for 30/15/15/15

Leg ext 70 pounds for 30/15/15/15
    Romanian deadlifts with smith machine 85 pounds for 30/15/15/15

Hip thrusters 80 pounds for 30/15/15/15

All of these was done with occlusion training. I would say I didn't wrap them as tight but got them on well then pulled tight when it came time to knot them. Definitely still did the trick haha. I like being able to train with lighter weight and still get a great workout. Like I said the soreness is not an issue. Makes it easy to train more often.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I'm ok... I got a job, per idem in another hospital in another state....lol but it's something while I decide what to do....hope all is well
    RIP Ryan, :(
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I hope the shoulder heals up quickly Tom!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I hope the shoulder heals up quickly Tom!
    Thanks man I appreciate it. Feeling like it is much better.

Trained chest Wednesday. Used a bit of occlusion training just so I could keep the weight light. Tore my triceps up. Made flat bench so much harder. I think I did 185 for 10 reps... maybe haha. Definitely felt pecs for a few days afterwards.

Friday trained shoulders with a beast(Craig). He has to be 260 maybe 270. Former powerlifter turned bodybuilder. I have seen him regularly flat bench 500. Was a quick paced workout. My rear delt really got tore up. Cant remember when they felt so isolated. Soreness for everything else is settling in now.

Kept trying to train legs with someone/anybody today. Craig told me he tried to get me to train legs with him but that would have been too early for me... 11 am. Not a fan of morning training. Then someone else posted about squatting. Then had an aspiring figure woman ask me. But both of those fell through. So ended up lifting solo.

Goblet squats 3 sets of 15 with 60 pound DB to warm up

OT(Occlusion Training) lying leg curls 30/15/15/15
    OT Leg press 4 plates a side plus 2 and 1/2s haha. Thought about doing just 3 plates but MANNed the **** up haha. 30/15/15/15

OT Leg ext 30/15/15/15
    OT BB SLDL 30/15/15/15

Lying hamstring tension hold 30 pounds 2 sets of 30 seconds.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Sunday I trained arms. Decided to go back and reread some of John Meadows TNation articles. Reading his work really makes me wish I could sign up for his site. Hopefully in the future because it seems like so much knowledge waiting to be used. Just reading the articles has given me some great ideas. So I threw some of them in for my arm workout. Although I tend to go overboard on volume.

Rope triceps 15,12,10,8,6
    Cross body hammer curls sets of 12 instead of normal 10

Dip machine sets of 8 reps explosive pos controlled negatives
    Preacher curl machine focusing on the lower portion of rep

Pronated triceps kickback 4 sets of 8 reps
    Ez curl bar, used wrist wraps. First time doing these in so long. Still didn't feel great on my wrist.

Close grip slight incline press almost like a JM press since it comes down to chin
    DB spider curls
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Sorry for lack of updates. Honestly haven't been working out. Got sick with bronchitis and been taking it easy. No point in pushing it and making it worse. Plus lots of work to do around the house. Which is stirring up dust and making coughing worse. Might try to lift again soon.

I am thinking about switching places where I train. But I am not looking forward to the process. From what I have heard it is a pain to deal with the fitness center and closing your account. Even though my contract period is up. Thinking of going back to my old gym. As I have said before it is the only true gym in the area.

I have been hesitant to rejoin there but it has the best equipment to train. The lack of females does kinda suck I have to admit. I don't go to workout to gawk but they pretty much don't exist at the gym while they are usually a plenty at the fitness center. Now for my main reason for wanting to change where I train. On a whim I decided to read a book I picked up years ago The New High Intensity Training by Ellington Darden. Goes against a lot of what I have done, but if I can get similar or even better results with less training time that would be great. Especially since I need to start cutting down on time spent training. Don't need it consuming my life especially if I am only doing it as a hobby at best.

So the reason for the change. The gym has so much equipment even if it was packed it would still have plenty of machines to train with. I would not be able to properly perform HIT in the manner I would like at the fitness center since there are usually too many people. The equipment is so much better suited for HIT at the gym. It is where I tested out HIT in the past. An issue would be finding someone to train with. The level of intensity required is hard to do without a good partner pushing you and assisted with negatives. I have a hard time finding training partners even harder time finding good training partners willing to try something so different. The training partner from my past Mario would be ideal. Another person I kind of have in mind is my old wrestling coach. He would be great for motivation and the limited training volume would be ideal for his busy life. But I don't know how up for change he would be. He is pretty stubborn haha.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Alright so I went to workout today. Basically the only reason I went was to start the membership cancellation process. Got the letter to send. Then after a few days supposed to call.

Alright so my first HIT workout after a 2 week sick layoff. I have done this before but it has definitely been a while. Need to find the right partner to get the most out of it but for now solo will work. The 1st 2 weeks is easing into it really.

Leg curl 130 for 12 reps
    Leg ext 145 for 12 reps
    Leg press 450 for 18 reps

Straight arm DB pullover 60 for 12 reps
    Flat bench BB 225 for 9 reps
    Bent over row BB 135 for 12 reps

Overhead press BB 100 for 10 reps
    Biceps curl BB 60 for 10 reps
    Triceps ext overhead with DB 45 for 15 reps

Form was strict and the goal was to stop before failure. Later on I will be going to failure and beyond. Right now the idea is to get adjusted to the workout. Plus I did just take 2 weeks off sick. Time spent in the fitness center was probably 30 minutes or so.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.15%

Hey tom... Glad your ok.. Been awhile
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Hey tom... Glad your ok.. Been awhile
    Thanks. Ya I got sick for a while. Glad to be back.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Today I ended up training with a woman who competes in figure. She likes to mix things up and try new workouts.

Leg curls 135 for 12 reps
    Leg ext 145 for 12 reps
    Leg press 460 for 19 reps

Straight arm DB pullover 60 for 13 reps
    Flat bench BB 225 for 10ish reps My spotter wasn't about to let herself get caught upright rowing 225 haha.
    Bent over row BB 145 for 13 reps

Overhead press BB 100 for 11 reps
    Biceps curl BB 60 for 10 reps My biceps are so weak haha.
    Triceps ext overhead with DB 45 for 12 reps

So there was improvement everywhere. But I am easing back into it. Always more room for improvement. Plus I went first during my workout. Will help to have someone really pushing me next Wednesday. It seemed like she really benefitted from it.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Is that the layout for the HIT or just you breaking back in?
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Is that the layout for the HIT or just you breaking back in?
    It is the layout. Only 1 set for each exercise. Kinda still breaking back in though. It suggests not going to failure the first week. Would have been less likely to listen but since coming back from being sick I have been. Just a NOTE I accidently typed leg press first when it should have been lying leg curls. Might add back in a few of the other exercises like wrist curls, abs, and calves.

Tonight I am going to a Halloween party. Should be fun. Will be some friends I haven't seen in a while. Costume was a bit last minute this year. Earlier I had planned on being Bolo Yeung who is a martial arts actor (best known for "Blood Sport" "Enter the Dragon" and "Double Impact." He is the big Asian who always plays the bad guy haha. But because it has been unnaturally cold in Georgia (35 degrees tonight) and I just got over having bronchitis decided not to do a shirtless costume. Going to dress up as a hobo with a sign and a change cup. It is easy to make and I will be able to have layers of clothing to keep warm.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Saw big monster Craig when I got to the fitness center today. He seriously looks so out of place there haha. Talked to him a bit while I warmed up. He is planning on trying crossfit in a bit. He started dating a crossfit woman plus he has the mentality of if you don't think I can do it I will do it just to prove you wrong haha. I will admit it is tough imaging him do a crossfit workout. He has some nasty power though so it will definitely depend on the workout.

Leg curl 140 for 14 reps
    Leg ext 155 for 14 reps
    Leg press 470 for 20 reps

Straight arm DB pullover 65 for 15 reps
    Flat bench BB 225 for 10 reps So dang hard for me to progress on bench with this routine. Everything else has improved but bench. Could be because I started much closer to my max. What I might do is up the weight and go for less reps.
    Bent over row BB 155 for 12 reps

Overhead press BB 100 for 12 reps
    Biceps curl BB 70 for 10 reps
    Triceps ext overhead with DB 50 for 13 reps

Here is the added portion:
    Wrist curl BB 30 for 15 reps
    Standing calf raise 160 for 10 reps
    Trunk curl BW for 20 reps

Didn't take long to finish the workout but man was I huffing and puffing afterwards. It has the feel of your lungs burning after you all out sprint. The sad thing is I know I can do more. Need to find a workout partner or someone to push me through each set.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Lifted with Max today. I have never trained with him before. Only about 160 pounds but if they are willing to push through a workout they are welcome. This time though I had him go first. Seems like he got a good idea of what I wanted him to do when I went because of this.

Leg curl 150 for 11 reps
    Leg ext 165 for 15 reps
    Leg press 480 for 18 reps

Straight arm DB pullover 70 for 13 reps
    Flat bench BB 235 for 8 reps
    Bent over row BB 165 for 14 reps

Overhead press BB 110 for 12 reps
    Biceps curl BB 70 for 12 reps
    Triceps ext overhead with DB 55 for 14 reps

Wrist curl BB 40 for 16 reps
    Standing calf raise 160 for 12 reps real slow
    Trunk curl BW for 23 reps

Overall improvement across the board. Want to start adding more weight to get closer in rep range on things like leg ext, leg press, bent over rows. Some exercises seem to do better with lower reps for me things like bench and curls.

Max seemed somewhat interested in training together. It kinda takes a perfect storm to find a training partner. The volume is low, but I want someone who can train consistently since we are only lifting limitedly. The workouts are set in stone for the most part. It is rough pushing through workouts like these. You only have 1 set to make it count.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.15%

I'm here.........and I finally got my surgery date.....thank god
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

I'm here.........and I finally got my surgery date.....thank god
    Good to see you. I hope the surgery goes well.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.15%

It will............I hope.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

A bit overloaded on scheduling. First pushed Tammy through the workout. Then Max pushed me through the workout. Then I pushed Max through the workout haha. Kind of hard to plan all that out.

Leg curl 150 for 13 reps
    Leg ext 175 for 15 reps
    Leg press 500 for 17 reps

Straight arm DB pullover 75 for 13 reps
    Flat bench BB 240 for 8 reps
    Bent over row BB 175 for 14 reps

Overhead press BB 125 for 14 reps
    Biceps curl BB 80 for 11 reps
    Triceps ext overhead with DB 60 for 13 reps

Wrist curl BB 50 for 13 reps
    Standing calf raise 175 for 12 reps real slow
    Trunk curl BW for 19 reps

Group of 5 was on the only leg ext machine. I talk to 2 of them fairly regularly. 2 strong older (30-40 range) black guys. One has some crazy arm genetics. Another guy who lifts with them is a big time talker. Talker saw me earlier pushing Tammy through the workout so he asks some question about me training people or something. I kinda ignore it and start my set on lying leg curls. I ask to work in on leg ext. So talker says some wise comment as he sits on the machine. I say something along the lines of "come on we don't have all day" and do the universal sign for "wrap it up" haha. This causes the group to bust out laughing.

Didn't really think about this as being all that funny till Max brought it up after the work out. Just kinda me being me. When it comes time to lift get it done.

Also another thing funny happened. Max commented on the fact that when I do leg ext the angle is so much lower. Like I don't come up as high. Had to check this out. Turns out the cause is I am up higher from having a butt from squatting haha. I bust out laughing. It was post workout and I didn't care haha.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Leg curl 155 for 13 reps
    Leg ext 180 for 16 reps
    Leg press 500 for 20 reps

Straight arm DB pullover 80 for 12 reps
    Flat bench BB 245 for 7 reps
    Bent over row BB 185 for 14 reps

Overhead press BB 135 for 12 reps
    Biceps curl BB 80 for 12 reps
    Triceps ext overhead with DB 65 for 13 reps

Wrist curl BB 60
    Standing calf raise 175 for 11 reps
    Trunk curl BW for 20 reps
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.15%

11 more days till I'm sliced I can't wait for this to be over.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

11 more days till I'm sliced I can't wait for this to be over.
    You are a tough chick you will get through this. Call me any time you need to talk. Even if it is just to vent to my voicemail

Leg curl 160 for 12 reps Kinda just pussed out here. Clearly had more in me.
    Leg ext 190 for 19 reps Idk what was up here. They went up easy even after a 10 pound increase. Should have done more.
    Leg press 540 for 16 reps

Straight arm DB pullover 80 for 14 reps
    Flat bench BB 245 for 7 reps This just doesn't want to go up.
    Bent over row BB 195 for 14 reps Really have to force myself to not quit.

Overhead press BB 145 for 9 reps I had laid down before this and blood pooled in my chest. I could feel the extra weight as I tried pressing.
    Biceps curl BB 85 for 13 reps Squats in the curl rack haha. By far the best I have done on BB curls with this. Before this I couldn't imagine doing BB curls with a straight bar.
    Triceps ext overhead with DB 70 for 13 reps

Wrist curl BB 60 for 13 reps They pump up with blood so bad it hurts to do the following exercises.
    Standing calf raise 175 for 15 reps I can tell I have been doing calves again.
    Trunk curl BW for 25 reps

So I have been posting High Intensity Training inspired statuses on Facebook like:
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, not everybody wants to lift with intensity." Clearly a homage to Ronnie Coleman's famous quote without the terrible grammar and a HIT twist.
    And:
    "That awkward moment when everyone in the fitness center is looking at you because you are telling your workout partner, who is laying by a trashcan, to get up and keep lifting. You are welcome for being such a good workout partner."

Way too many people are liking those posts. I know they don't train that intense haha. 21 liked the 2nd status and half of them couldn't be dragged through this workout kicking and screaming. But I am up for torturing/training anyone haha.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.15%

I may just do that. Esp next week when I'm stuck in the hospital. Lol I'm sure the stories will be great.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

I may just do that. Esp next week when I'm stuck in the hospital. Lol I'm sure the stories will be great.
    I am expecting pain killer fueled rants!

Tonight I put a 7 month pregnant lady through a HIT workout. Well cant really call it HIT haha.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.15%

You got it...
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.15%

Tomorrow is the day!!! Thanks for thinking of me
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

If anyone is still following sorry for lack of updates. Havent had computer use and on the phone sucks. Really love HIT. Been using CBL but carbs more often.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Lying leg curl 175*11
    Leg extension 235*17
    Leg press 650*20
    Straight arm pullover 100*11
    Flat bb bench 245*11
    Bent over row bb 235*14
    Over head press 145*9
    Biceps curl bb 105*11
    Triceps over head db 95*11
    Wrist curls bb 85*12
    Standing calf raise 205*13
    Trunk curl body weight*25

This was another great workout. Really getting good at pushing myself. Decided to stop counting reps and just lift. Really helps free your mind. Can get into a habit of stopping when you get "enough" reps instead of failure.
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Also my workout partner threw up tonight. He was quite proud of himself haha. It was 6pm and packed. Everyone looking at him and me telling him next exercise. An employee just gave him a new trash bag haha.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.15%

I'm alive. Uugghhhhh this surgery kicked my ass
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Just going to post tonight workout.

Lying leg curls 180*11

Leg extension 255*16

Leg press 720*19

Straight arm pullover 100*14

Flat bench bb 250*10

Bent over row 250*12

Overhead press bb 150*9

Biceps curl 105*12

Triceps extension overhead db 100*11

Wrist curls 90*12

Standing calf raise 220*13

Trunk curl 5*21

Was pretty quick tonight. Legs hurt bad had to lay down. But got up when the weight was ready. Felt like I was going to puke. Blood pressure was probably sky high tonight.

Lower back has been bothering me. Icing and foam rolling have helped. Tomorrow I'm going to the chiropractor and getting a massage though.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%

Going to post my previous workout but considering ending this log. It barely resembles what it started as. Not saying it is a bad thing just harder for others to follow.
    Lying leg curls 180*12
    Leg extension 260*17
    Leg press 770*160
    Straight arm pullover db 110*11
    Flat bench bb 255*7
    Bent over row bb 255*10
    Overhead press bb 150*10
    Biceps curl bb 110*12
    Triceps extension overhead db 100*10
    Wrist curls bb 80*14
    Standing calf raise 235*11
    Trunk curl 5*17
    Also tomorrow I will be joining a new gym. Been training at a fitness center. Going to miss seeing females half naked but workouts should be better. I can always return at a cheaper price.

Similar Forum Threads

1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
  3. Cup Cake Batter protein.
    By Liftergym33 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10