Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 24 of 40 First ... 2223242526 ... Last

1. So how was your date Bro? I hope she looked better than you expected, that is always a pleasant surprise, I've been there on both sides! I've been the guy who has to contain his disappointment when I finally met a girl, because it was obvious she was posting pictures of a time when she was 30+Lbs lighter and then I've met up with a girl that just didn't take good pictures or something because in person I was like... Wow! So I'm hoping you had a good Wow situation!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

2. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc
    So how was your date Bro? I hope she looked better than you expected, that is always a pleasant surprise, I've been there on both sides! I've been the guy who has to contain his disappointment when I finally met a girl, because it was obvious she was posting pictures of a time when she was 30+Lbs lighter and then I've met up with a girl that just didn't take good pictures or something because in person I was like... Wow! So I'm hoping you had a good Wow situation!
    It was very good. Wasn't sure what to expect because she didn't post pics of her body that much. Then I saw some old facebook pics where it looked like she was heavy. When I saw her she looked very good. Pretty face and a nice body. Not going to lie she has some big boobs and damn they looked good. On top of that we had a lot of fun.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    It was very good. Wasn't sure what to expect because she didn't post pics of her body that much. Then I saw some old facebook pics where it looked like she was heavy. When I saw her she looked very good. Pretty face and a nice body. Not going to lie she has some big boobs and damn they looked good. On top of that we had a lot of fun.
    Tom... I can't remember how old you are, but just gonna say that I'm 38yrs old and have been through two divorces and if I've learned anything, Looks is not the end-all do-all, they are important, you must be attracted to your partner, but bottom-line is you need to find someone that makes you happy long-term (looks = short-term happiness at best). Take it for what it is, advice from the old guy (although I prefer "Seasoned Veteran"), LOL!
    www.finaflex.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Tom... I can't remember how old you are, but just gonna say that I'm 38yrs old and have been through two divorces and if I've learned anything, Looks is not the end-all do-all, they are important, you must be attracted to your partner, but bottom-line is you need to find someone that makes you happy long-term (looks = short-term happiness at best). Take it for what it is, advice from the old guy (although I prefer "Seasoned Veteran"), LOL!
    I am still a young buck at 23. Didnt mean for it to come off as the only reason why I liked her. Physically she is very attractive to me. Which is an added bonus. Enjoyed talking to her, and we just seemed to click. I have to admit it felt different kissing her compared to Rachel. Not sure how to describe it. Trying to figure out some plans to see her tomorrow night.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I am still a young buck at 23. Didnt mean for it to come off as the only reason why I liked her. Physically she is very attractive to me. Which is an added bonus. Enjoyed talking to her, and we just seemed to click. I have to admit it felt different kissing her compared to Rachel. Not sure how to describe it. Trying to figure out some plans to see her tomorrow night.
    Nice... For me, the first kiss speaks volumes on how compatible you are with a girl!
    www.finaflex.com
    •   

6. Is it bad that the girl stories are as entertaining as the log? Nice one dude. And keep up the good work.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

7. Good stuff Tom sounds like you and Tiffany had some chemistry oh yeah your heavy weights are pretty heavy for "light" weights...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

8. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Nice... For me, the first kiss speaks volumes on how compatible you are with a girl!
    Ya it is definitely something special.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Is it bad that the girl stories are as entertaining as the log? Nice one dude. And keep up the good work.
    I must be a hell of a writer(my teachers would disagree haha) than because they are usually pretty lame in real life haha. Glad they add a little spice to my log. Thankfully I havent had to report too much crazy girl action haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Good stuff Tom sounds like you and Tiffany had some chemistry oh yeah your heavy weights are pretty heavy for "light" weights...
    Ya seems like we get along very well. She came over today. Nothing too crazy just a movie and some gaming. Did I mention she likes zombie movies and gaming? Wont hear me complaining haha. We basically just watched the movie, talked, and kissed. Then played some Left 4 Dead. Ending with me not wanting her to go. Hopefully see her again soon.

Havent talked to Rachel since Friday. She had talked about just being friends simply because it had been so long and dragged out.

A little bit about my workout on Monday. Just wasnt feeling it really. Couldnt quite get in the right mindset.

Got my new Fat Grips Extremes and can really see the difference. Might stick to the regular Fat Gripz for squats. My workout was 3 sets of 5 with 395. Funny thing happened during one of my sets. This guy was watching me and after I was done he said "beast mode." Now you might ask why this is funny. At rep 3 I REALLY had to sh1t. I mean I was basically focusing on that WAY more than my squat. Idk how I didnt mess myself. Right after the set I head to the bathroom to check haha.

Press was easy with 155 for 3 sets of 5.

Chin ups werent bad. Still at about 11 for my first set, 8, and then 6. Hoping I can improve these.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Ya it is definitely something special.

I must be a hell of a writer(my teachers would disagree haha) than because they are usually pretty lame in real life haha. Glad they add a little spice to my log. Thankfully I havent had to report too much crazy girl action haha.

Ya seems like we get along very well. She came over today. Nothing too crazy just a movie and some gaming. Did I mention she likes zombie movies and gaming? Wont hear me complaining haha. We basically just watched the movie, talked, and kissed. Then played some Left 4 Dead. Ending with me not wanting her to go. Hopefully see her again soon.

Havent talked to Rachel since Friday. She had talked about just being friends simply because it had been so long and dragged out.

A little bit about my workout on Monday. Just wasnt feeling it really. Couldnt quite get in the right mindset.

Got my new Fat Grips Extremes and can really see the difference. Might stick to the regular Fat Gripz for squats. My workout was 3 sets of 5 with 395. Funny thing happened during one of my sets. This guy was watching me and after I was done he said "beast mode." Now you might ask why this is funny. At rep 3 I REALLY had to sh1t. I mean I was basically focusing on that WAY more than my squat. Idk how I didnt mess myself. Right after the set I head to the bathroom to check haha.

Press was easy with 155 for 3 sets of 5.

Chin ups werent bad. Still at about 11 for my first set, 8, and then 6. Hoping I can improve these.
    Ha too funny!!!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

10. Nice works outs man! And your story telling ability is great. I hate the poop-sets. Girl sounds real cool. Keep it up!
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

11. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Ha too funny!!!
    It would have been "interesting" if I hadnt been able to hold it inside haha.

Nice works outs man! And your story telling ability is great. I hate the poop-sets. Girl sounds real cool. Keep it up!
    They are nothing too crazy, but seem to be getting the job done. Havent really checked the scale, but appear to be leaner in the mirror. If more people thought that, and I sold stories for a living I wouldnt be too mad haha. I had to fight through it. Only get 9 totals sets in my workout cant slack on any of them. Tiffany is definitely a keeper if possible. Seriously scared I am going to run her off. Crushing on this girl hard. She is into me, but I doubt to the same extent.

12. Hahahahah love the story bro. And seriously, can't beat having a girl around that likes all of those things...

13. Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Hahahahah love the story bro. And seriously, can't beat having a girl around that likes all of those things...
    Yo... I Love your Avatar, check this out, LoL...

www.finaflex.com

14. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc

Yo... I Love your Avatar, check this out, LoL...
    Thanks man, been saved and going to use it

15. Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Hahahahah love the story bro. And seriously, can't beat having a girl around that likes all of those things...
    Got to keep it interesting for my fans haha. She is pretty cool so far. Got a little sign she is into me today. Usually I am the first one to text, but she sent the "good morning" text today. Nothing major but not a bad sign if you ask me. We have a fair in town and we are planning to go together(if our schedule align). Thought I would be done with this particular job now, but it is looking like another week. In fact I might be applying to work at this company directly. But ya she seems to like me.

The last workout was kind of ehhh. Squats(400) didnt feel too bad. Much better than my previous workout. But then my bench(275) wasnt all that strong. Well more like my chest(left side[possibly strained]) felt minor pain. More like discomfort I guess. Deadlift(515) was complete crap. Got my 5 reps but damn I hitched on the last rep. Not quite sure what is causing this. I am not happy at all though.

Was planning on having my Carb Nite tonight, but I think I will hold off. Now I might go watch some high school football. Would have been 6 days and now it will be 8 days in between Carb Nites.

While at work I stepped on a scale(dock?). It said 253(4) which was kind of shocking. I did have on steel toe shoes and jeans. But I still thought I would be much lighter. Have to get on a more reliable scale with less clothes.

Edit: Well it looks like I dont have as much time as I thought. Already took my preworkout. Going to be HYPE at a high school football game haha. Too bad my old high school is about to get BLOWN OUT!

16. Last night was worth postponing a workout for a day. Plus now my workout schedule lines up better for social activities. Got into the game for free($12). My old high school got blown out 41-3 haha. Some good company at the game plus saw some people I hadnt talked to in a while. Then played some Madden 13 and whooped some ass. Basically a good guy night.

For my workout today I might do a few extra things. Not too sure yet. Feeling a bit run down with all that is going on. It was nice to hit a little bi and tri action last Carb Nite though. My biceps feel weird while flexing. I guess they miss being hit directly. I am Considering changing workouts. Kind of feels like I am running myself down a bit with this. It seems like weights are harder than they should be. Might need to make sure I am getting in enough calories. Planning on taking a little snack(bacon) for my afternoon break at work. Have to check my weight soon too.

Social life is going well. Havent heard from Rachel since we hung out last Friday night. Kind of scary in a way haha. Not going to worry about it. Tuesday Tiffany and I will be going to the fair. Have to make sure I get plenty of sleep the next few days. Everyday after work I am worn out. Should be a lot of fun.

Still waiting to get some money from a few people. Sorry Funk been busy and forgot. Still want to make that deal?

17. Sorry I haven't been in here in a while man. But damn, different girl every night of the week or what?? Fuggin playa over here!!

18. Quote Originally Posted by tallguy34
    Sorry I haven't been in here in a while man. But damn, different girl every night of the week or what?? Fuggin playa over here!!
    Haha definitely not the case. There has been no overlap with the 2. Well I had been communicating with Tiffany while still talking with Rachel, but we hadn't met in person yet. Now I am just talking with Tiffany. I have no game so I don't know what is going on haha.

Workout tonight was a bit lackluster. Only did 2 sets of squats(405). Then some guy wanted to get chatty. Plus I had a time restraint(pizza). Press(165) felt easy enough. Chin ups weren't particularly easy. Considering taking a few days off. Might lift Monday and then wait to light on Saturday. Really would be only skipping one workout, but should give my body a break.

Dextrose and I don't get along. Wont be doing my Carb Nite when I know I will be out and about or with a girl. Some serious stomach issues going on haha.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Haha definitely not the case. There has been no overlap with the 2. Well I had been communicating with Tiffany while still talking with Rachel, but we hadn't met in person yet. Now I am just talking with Tiffany. I have no game so I don't know what is going on haha.

Workout tonight was a bit lackluster. Only did 2 sets of squats(405). Then some guy wanted to get chatty. Plus I had a time restraint(pizza). Press(165) felt easy enough. Chin ups weren't particularly easy. Considering taking a few days off. Might lift Monday and then wait to light on Saturday. Really would be only skipping one workout, but should give my body a break.

Dextrose and I don't get along. Wont be doing my Carb Nite when I know I will be out and about or with a girl. Some serious stomach issues going on haha.
    IN! I thought i was the only one with stomach issues!

20. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    IN! I thought i was the only one with stomach issues!
    Well my stomach issues during the ultra low carb portion of my day have been lack of fiber. He suggests you dont need as much fiber as some claim, but I have been going no fiber basically. Once I added a little natty peanut butter it got much better.

During the Carb Nite the issue is with dextrose. That stuff will tear your stomach up. Most suggest blending it with other carbs.

So I know the problem and the cause just need to address them which is what I am doing.

21. So there was potential to workout twice today... neither happened haha. Ben talked about lifting, but that was postponed till tomorrow. This girl wants to run so I suggested sprints. She strained her quads. Still got a few things done today. Cleaned out my car which was much needed. Trying to have it look halfway presentable come Tuesday. Plan on running it through a car wash tomorrow..

As I said Ben talked about lifting together tomorrow. Might be doing chest and biceps which would mean the end of Starting Strength. Starting to think it isnt working for me. It is rough doing 3 sets of 5 reps with near 400 pounds 3 times a week haha. Might start lifting with Ben and cut down on any volume he does. Havent quite convinced him that CBL is the way to go.

Need to get my ass into bed. Waking up at 6am sucks. Trying to make sure I get as much sleep as possible the next 2 days.

Still planning on sticking with Carb Nite Solutions for a while though. Want to lean out before I start back with Carb Back Loading. Considering doing a cycle when I do start CBL again though. Would make it a hell of a lot easier to deadlift 700 haha. So many choices to make.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Well my stomach issues during the ultra low carb portion of my day have been lack of fiber. He suggests you dont need as much fiber as some claim, but I have been going no fiber basically. Once I added a little natty peanut butter it got much better.

During the Carb Nite the issue is with dextrose. That stuff will tear your stomach up. Most suggest blending it with other carbs.

So I know the problem and the cause just need to address them which is what I am doing.
    oh sh*t man didnt know you were on a program that caused the stomach pains... my stomach is just terrible in general; cant eat in the mornings, cant drink most pre-workouts without feeling extremely bloated and about to throw up etc

glad you found the problem tho

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    So there was potential to workout twice today... neither happened haha. Ben talked about lifting, but that was postponed till tomorrow. This girl wants to run so I suggested sprints. She strained her quads. Still got a few things done today. Cleaned out my car which was much needed. Trying to have it look halfway presentable come Tuesday. Plan on running it through a car wash tomorrow..

As I said Ben talked about lifting together tomorrow. Might be doing chest and biceps which would mean the end of Starting Strength. Starting to think it isnt working for me. It is rough doing 3 sets of 5 reps with near 400 pounds 3 times a week haha. Might start lifting with Ben and cut down on any volume he does. Havent quite convinced him that CBL is the way to go.

Need to get my ass into bed. Waking up at 6am sucks. Trying to make sure I get as much sleep as possible the next 2 days.

Still planning on sticking with Carb Nite Solutions for a while though. Want to lean out before I start back with Carb Back Loading. Considering doing a cycle when I do start CBL again though. Would make it a hell of a lot easier to deadlift 700 haha. So many choices to make.
    man starting strength at 400lbs squats? i dont even think wendler himself would advise his program to you! haha. 5/3/1 may be in order for your deadlift but idk if thats the route you want to go. check out undulated if your power building..... and could keep your deads in the 1-8 range, who knows? that spark might just get you there! haha

23. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked
    oh sh*t man didnt know you were on a program that caused the stomach pains... my stomach is just terrible in general; cant eat in the mornings, cant drink most pre-workouts without feeling extremely bloated and about to throw up etc

man starting strength at 400lbs squats? i dont even think wendler himself would advise his program to you! haha. 5/3/1 may be in order for your deadlift but idk if thats the route you want to go. check out undulated if your power building..... and could keep your deads in the 1-8 range, who knows? that spark might just get you there! haha
    Have you tried condense just wondering. My stomach is Sensitive to pres and I like it.

Tom you da man keep going hard.

24. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post

It isnt so much the program is causing stomach pain. What happens is I dont have any fiber in my diet. So when I go to sh1t it is basically loose. So I am constantly having to go pee out of my ass all day. That is the best way to describe it. As soon as I added just a minor amount of fiber it packed together.

I think you are referring to Mark Rippetoe. I have messed around with 531 a bit and liked it. Find out how today's workout goes with Ben. It will be chest and biceps so it should be packed. Plus Ben is much stronger on chest than I am even when I am fully healed.

Have you tried condense just wondering. My stomach is Sensitive to pres and I like it.

Tom you da man keep going hard.
    Thanks man I am trying. Just think I might be changing the workout. Rough blasting squat every workout.

So I have some bad news. Work decided to be a bit of a pain. Starting tomorrow I have to be there at 5am. In order for me to do that I have to wake up at 3:50am since it is a good 25 minute drive. Will be doing 4 10 hour days a week. Really makes going to the fair interesting tomorrow. Definitely still plan on going that is for damn sure. Just going to make it sweeter knowing I will be paying for it the next day haha.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88
    Sorry Funk been busy and forgot. Still want to make that deal?
    Yes I do! Sorry I have been MIA for the weekend. Let me know when you're ready
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
  3. Cup Cake Batter protein.
    By Liftergym33 in forum Supplements