Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 23 of 40 First ... 2122232425 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Hey guys, I'm just hear to help anyone and everyone the best I can. I have 10yrs CHIRO experience and am half-way through Nursing School, so I definitely try to look at things from both a Medical & Chiro point of view.

thats sweet! yea I like looking at the guys on here who have actually training in a specific field. Its definitely worth it.

Damn tommyhawker, you got like 5 updates for me to respond to. haha. nice training, I am going to be switching up my plan soon, I still need to get my back into healthy shape where I can do a program without making sacrifices for pain/bad days. right now I follow a loose workout of my own that incorporates a variety of volume and weight and antagonistic. Its sort of like I follow exercises for 8-12 weeks and then switch up the micros, but every few weeks I will change the intensity or volume in a way that makes my body adapt and change. It's weird. Probably what every pro and amateur says DON'T DO but I have done for 3 years and done great. It allows me to dynamically set my own goals, and works for me because I know what I want constantly. So I work for it, and incorporate different programs and training to get there.

Anyways, sounds like you and your buddy should work out together, but not do the same lifts, but do the same body parts on the same days, so you can do a few lifts together that your plans may have in common. That way you still have some competition but you get to do your own thing which is best for you. I know when I was training with my old partner we both got so big and strong from pushing eachother. I can't find anyone with that much devotion and drive anymore. Guy is in the marines now, shipping out in Jan.

anyways, keep up the work on the chest to keep it healing! The SS program sounds cool. I would be interested in hearing more about the weight/leverage/strength thing you mentioned, sounds like it applies to me lol.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

2. Happy your peculiar is getting better and Ben will be back. Just do what you need for you and if that doesn't jibe with him then let him do his own thing.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    thats sweet! yea I like looking at the guys on here who have actually training in a specific field. Its definitely worth it.

Damn tommyhawker, you got like 5 updates for me to respond to. haha. nice training, I am going to be switching up my plan soon, I still need to get my back into healthy shape where I can do a program without making sacrifices for pain/bad days. right now I follow a loose workout of my own that incorporates a variety of volume and weight and antagonistic. Its sort of like I follow exercises for 8-12 weeks and then switch up the micros, but every few weeks I will change the intensity or volume in a way that makes my body adapt and change. It's weird. Probably what every pro and amateur says DON'T DO but I have done for 3 years and done great. It allows me to dynamically set my own goals, and works for me because I know what I want constantly. So I work for it, and incorporate different programs and training to get there.

Anyways, sounds like you and your buddy should work out together, but not do the same lifts, but do the same body parts on the same days, so you can do a few lifts together that your plans may have in common. That way you still have some competition but you get to do your own thing which is best for you. I know when I was training with my old partner we both got so big and strong from pushing eachother. I can't find anyone with that much devotion and drive anymore. Guy is in the marines now, shipping out in Jan.

anyways, keep up the work on the chest to keep it healing! The SS program sounds cool. I would be interested in hearing more about the weight/leverage/strength thing you mentioned, sounds like it applies to me lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Happy your peculiar is getting better and Ben will be back. Just do what you need for you and if that doesn't jibe with him then let him do his own thing.
    Ya I like to talk a lot on here haha.

Well whatever you are doing seems to be working for you. Just keep it up and dont hurt yourself before you are too mended. Going to a chiropractor has definitely helped me. The massage was a nice added bonus. I dont think it was smart to lift after getting a massage though. Plus the fact it was my first time lifting after some time off. I woke up super sore this morning. Hope I can get plenty of sleep tonight.

I just know it would be hard to do the same workouts as him. He did talk about keeping lean for a little while though. It is just going to be hard to keep a high level of volume while doing this diet. Got pretty beat up just doing 9 working sets yesterday. Squats kicked my ass pretty good. Decided to use 365 for squats. I think squatting 3 times a week might kill me haha. The press(140) felt real easy. Got 9 reps of chin ups the first set and decreased after each set. Real sore on the inside of my elbow today. I ended up doing a light set of pec deck just to see how it felt. I noticed some strain, but it wasnt too bad. Might lower my bench weight just to be safe.

Starting Strength is just a real simple workout. Great if you are just starting or getting back into it. Plus it is low volume so it is good if you are low carbing. Took me about 50 minutes to finish it. Most of my time was spent on squats. Felt worn out like hell from them alone. Going to be interesting to do squats and then a set of deadlifts.

Ya most likely I wont be lifting with Ben right away. He and I dont always see eye to eye on training. Both of us have an idea of what we want to do when it comes to training, and we dont exactly bend to other peoples' will. Kind of makes it hard to lift together at times. A lot less compromising goes on. That is what was so great about lifting with Mario. He was strong, but was still willing to try new routines.

Hopefully in December I will be around the weight(220) I want to be. Then I will switch back to Carb Back Loading. I would be able to give Ben some competition on lifts then. He plans on doing a bit of bulking then so strength will be added quickly. CBL has allowed me to get as strong as I have ever been while natty. Hopefully I can attain this level of strength at a lower body weight while leaner. While I want to cycle again I just dont know if I will. It can be a handful at times. Plus of course I would rather not mess myself up too bad.

With that said a friend of mine texted me about buying some of my stash. Should get a little over $100 with that sale

4. Damn why do you type so much! Lol. I'll get back tomorrow but. Yeah chiros are good. I have seen every type of doc pt Chiro and none can fix me. As good as I have myself. I got 315 for 7 on Squats today though so I'm very happy

Your probably right about the not benching after massage. Because you just got relaxed and got the deep tissue healing then essentially ripped muscle fiber again. Lol.

Nice on the Supp sale. I have done that before. I'm gona be spending some $ tomorrow.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

5. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Damn why do you type so much! Lol. I'll get back tomorrow but. Yeah chiros are good. I have seen every type of doc pt Chiro and none can fix me. As good as I have myself. I got 315 for 7 on Squats today though so I'm very happy

Your probably right about the not benching after massage. Because you just got relaxed and got the deep tissue healing then essentially ripped muscle fiber again. Lol.

Nice on the Supp sale. I have done that before. I'm gona be spending some $ tomorrow.
    Haha I just have a lot to say I guess. The chiropractor I go to specializes in backs. Luckily I havent had to go to him for that. Just a pinched nerve here and there. That is a nice bit of weight that is for sure. Today I only did 370 for 3 sets of 5 haha.

Well today I did bench and I felt fine. Went as powerlifter as I could though. Did 260 for 3 sets of 5 fairly easily. This was a sigh of relief. To be honest the deadlift of 485 for a set of 5 kicked my butt a bit. Kind of scared me. Wondering if I did something terribly wrong or what. Just felt harder than it should have. Then again I never do deadlifts for reps haha.

Oh the sale got better too. I am thinking that sale should actually be more like $120 to $140. Then because of mentioning it I got another sale of $100 looking VERY promising. Also Ben reminded me he owes me some money($150) plus he wants some Erase. Not too bad if you ask me haha. Plus I have some work starting Monday. Hopefully it doesnt wear me out too much. With this lifting schedule I should still have plenty of free time.

Also want to give you an idea of why I want to lift with Ben: Squat 605 Bench 425 Deadlift 625 Total 1655 So ya he is a little strong haha. Plus he is a pretty cool guy. Also talks of a race to 700 deadlift. Probably start December/January time frame. Like I said I want to cut to 220 or so. That gave him some encouragement haha.

Damn Kiefer is churning out some articles fast. Just checked and there are 3 articles I havent read yet haha. Always has something interesting to say. I really have to go back to my old gym and thank the owner.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88

Haha I just have a lot to say I guess. The chiropractor I go to specializes in backs. Luckily I havent had to go to him for that. Just a pinched nerve here and there. That is a nice bit of weight that is for sure. Today I only did 370 for 3 sets of 5 haha.

Well today I did bench and I felt fine. Went as powerlifter as I could though. Did 260 for 3 sets of 5 fairly easily. This was a sigh of relief. To be honest the deadlift of 485 for a set of 5 kicked my butt a bit. Kind of scared me. Wondering if I did something terribly wrong or what. Just felt harder than it should have. Then again I never do deadlifts for reps haha.

Oh the sale got better too. I am thinking that sale should actually be more like $120 to $140. Then because of mentioning it I got another sale of $100 looking VERY promising. Also Ben reminded me he owes me some money($150) plus he wants some Erase. Not too bad if you ask me haha. Plus I have some work starting Monday. Hopefully it doesnt wear me out too much. With this lifting schedule I should still have plenty of free time.

Damn Kiefer is churning out some articles fast. Just checked and there are 3 articles I havent read yet haha. Always has something interesting to say. I really have to go back to my old gym and thank the owner.
    I think tom drinks his coffee before he gets on here

7. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    I think tom drinks his coffee before he gets on here
    Haha I have only been drinking 2 cups max a day sometimes only 1 when I dont lift. Probably will be amped up to 2 to 3 cups again starting next week. I sure am sweating like I drank coffee.

Oh and if you notice I even added some MORE to that post you quoted haha.

Also another thing. My Testify stack came in the mail today. So I had my first taste of Test Powder today. Hoping to get stronger.

Apparently I am not allowed to say anything to yall(except madds87) in the rep

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88

Haha I have only been drinking 2 cups max a day sometimes only 1 when I dont lift. Probably will be amped up to 2 to 3 cups again starting next week. I sure am sweating like I drank coffee.

Oh and if you notice I even added some MORE to that post you quoted haha.

Also another thing. My Testify stack came in the mail today. So I had my first taste of Test Powder today. Hoping to get stronger.

Apparently I am not allowed to say anything to yall(except madds87) in the rep
    cause im special! no ones aloud to talk to anyone cept me!!! muahahah!

jk I'dunno.... testify stack? on nutra?

9. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    cause im special! no ones aloud to talk to anyone cept me!!! muahahah!

jk I'dunno.... testify stack? on nutra?
    Maybe it was just the time I tried.

USP Labs Test Powder and PES Anabeta (Testify Stack) Won it during a promo.

10. Glad to hear your pec is feeling finer man! Keep up the hard work

11. Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c
    Glad to hear your pecker is feeling finer man! Keep up the hard work
    fixed!!! bahaha

12. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    fixed!!! bahaha
    Ya gotta watch where you put that thing, ya might get a bad case of dick-theria!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

13. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc

Ya gotta watch where you put that thing, ya might get a bad case of dick-theria!
    Hahaha you're right!!

14. Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Hahaha you're right!!
    It's one of those things I remember a friend of mine's Dad always saying when we were playing the in the Swamps of good old Louisiana...

"You boys better be careful, get that sh!t on your feet and your end up with a bad case of 'Toe-sis,' go any higher and you come down with the 'Kneasles,' get in too deep and then your stuck with 'Dick-theria'!"

Kinda stuck with me through the years!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

15. Haha I can always count on yall to post something crazy.

Decided to rest today and just lift tomorrow. Most likely tomorrow will be my Carb Nite. It will only be 5 days but that is still "enough." This time I will make sure to eat enough. Felt like last time was a bit lacking.

Also just found out I won a pair of Fat Gripz Extreme. Not sure how I am going to use them. I think they were made for people who have the hands the size of Brock Lesnar(4XL gloves).

16. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88
    Haha I can always count on yall to post something crazy.

Decided to rest today and just lift tomorrow. Most likely tomorrow will be my Carb Nite. It will only be 5 days but that is still "enough." This time I will make sure to eat enough. Felt like last time was a bit lacking.

Also just found out I won a pair of Fat Gripz Extreme. Not sure how I am going to use them. I think they were made for people who have the hands the size of Brock Lesnar(4XL gloves).
    nice... sry about responding late tom tom... I passed outabout to start work... by the way we need to start some video game play again...
    get my mind off of the starving... lol

17. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    nice... sry about responding late tom tom... I passed outabout to start work... by the way we need to start some video game play again...
    get my mind off of the starving... lol
    It is all good. I figured you passed out. The dieting has got to be tough.

Gaming sounds good. Just cant be late night or in the morning or early afternoon haha. Doesnt leave as much time haha.

Cooking up some pot roast with sweet potatoes and carrots. It is going to be a good carb nite. I dont have a lot of "goodies" to eat but it should be enough. There will be a lot of pot roast(2.4 pounds= 240 grams of protein). Plus I have 3 cherry turnovers, jelly beans, and ice cream. Might pic up some chocolate milk or chocolate pudding.

18. Saturday workout

Decided to try something I saw on elitefts. Put my fat gripz on the bar during my warm up sets for squats. The goal was to keep my back tight. It seemed to make a difference during my working sets. Granted I only used 375 for 5 reps. The 3 sets felt good.

Did the press with fat gripz haha. Winning the fat gripz extreme have reinvigorated my fascination with my grip. 145 for 5 reps was easy. This wont get difficult for a little while.

Ended up getting 11 reps of chin ups my first set. Might have to add weight in the near future. My biceps are getting quite sore from these.

Kept my carb back load pretty clean. Did 2 meals of pot roast(meat, sweet potatoes, carrots, and jasmine rice). Then I had a pulled pork sandwich while watching UFC and college football. Then went to my car and ate 2 cheery turnovers which were delicious. When I got home I had some ice cream.

Sunday ended up doing a form of HIIT. Instead of the usual 1 minute run 1 minute rest I did 30 seconds all out sprint followed by a 4 minute or so rest. Repeated this for 4 rounds. Kicked my butt pretty good.

19. Should be gettin your package today brother
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

20. That is awesome that 2 cherry turn overs and some ice cream are a "pretty clean" back load. LOL I love how we all manage to run different diets and make them work. Glad this one is the tits for you!

Ben has some great numbers you gonna try and race him to a 700 lb deadlift natty?
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

21. I want to race to 700 deadlift too, should make me grow into a big guy again! lol.

My phone app won't let me post anymore that's why I haven't been able to get back to you. The send button doesn't work. Anyone know whats up?

22. Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    Should be gettin your package today brother
    Thanks again for the trade. Might be using it twice tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    That is awesome that 2 cherry turn overs and some ice cream are a "pretty clean" back load. LOL I love how we all manage to run different diets and make them work. Glad this one is the tits for you!

Ben has some great numbers you gonna try and race him to a 700 lb deadlift natty?
    I meant the first 2 meals were clean. Tomorrow should be pretty epic as far as food goes. I think I have plenty of carbs to consume.

His numbers might come down a bit when he comes back. Pretty sure he will be doing a bit of drinking when he gets home. When he left he had a gf and things didnt work out. I know that got to him a bit. Talked about doing a bit of partying together when he gets back. Plus he is trying to stay on the leaner side and will only be looking to maintain a 620ish deadlift. Last time he did this it suffered. He isnt quite built to deadlift.

I am interested to see how much my numbers suffer from this diet and routine. When I last did deadlifts it wasnt as easy as I would like. Need to check my weight to see how I am doing so far. Should have taken some pre pictures too.

As far as doing this natty that would be ideal. Although jumping on a test cycle does sound like fun haha. It would make it a lot easier too. Pretty sure every cycle I have run where I focused on my deadlift(2) it increased by 70 pounds(or so) from where it started. Not sure if it is something I want to commit to yet though. To be honest it is a good 3 months away and life isnt always stable.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I want to race to 700 deadlift too, should make me grow into a big guy again! lol.

My phone app won't let me post anymore that's why I haven't been able to get back to you. The send button doesn't work. Anyone know whats up?
    It is going to be crazy. Hopefully we both can make it to 700. If you can deadlift 700 pounds more than likely you are big haha.

Gym has been going alright. Kind of rough training low carb and other aspects of life. Slowly working back up to weights that are challenging (squat 390, press 150, bench 265, deadlift 505). Doing 495 on deadlift was a bit challenging. I think part of it is getting geared up for such a "light" weight. Been pretty good on the diet. Some small hiccups here and there. Need to cut out the dairy I have(cheese heavy whipping cream), but I will just finish them up. Also got chocolate Wednesday for my Carb Nite tomorrow... it didnt make it. Wasnt horrible about it since I spaced it out a bit, but it was far from ideal.

23. How u like so far and thank you!!!
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

24. Oh ya and a girl update haha.

Rachel brought up the whole relationship thing again. Pretty much not sure how I feel about it. There are some things I like about her and then there are some things that make me hesitant. Obviously no one is going to be perfect. Saw the Avengers with her tonight and had fun. Been talking to a few(3) other girls from the dating website. One is just looking for a friend(Clair), another one(Tiffany) is just going with the flow, and the 3rd is looking for a serious relationship. Supposed to meet Tiffany on Sunday. Just messaged the last one today and dont even know her name. To be honest she had pics of her with short hair earlier and I decided not to message her. She put up some ones with long hair and she looks like a different girl. Hoping she has long hair now haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    How u like so far and thank you!!!
    I have only used it the one time so far. Like I said this bottle should last me a while on this diet.

25. So yesterdays workout was good. Still quite light weights. 390 for 5 on squat and 270 for 5 on bench. Felt some pain during bench not sure why. Chin ups are getting easier. Decided to add a little extra since it was my Carb Nite. Did 2 sets of tricep rope ext and then an ELECT set of BB curls. Not much but still more than prescribed.

Had some Chinese take out(Mongolian beef), 3 turnovers, sausage biscuit, sausage burrito, 2 chocolate milks, and a few protein shakes which had dextrose in them. I want to say there was more, but I cant think of the rest.

Went and saw the Avengers movie with Rachel Friday. I enjoyed the movie. Was still kind of iffy about Rachel. Not sure how long we have been talking but it has probably been 3 months. Kind of a sign if I am still not sure. Was made more evident by recent events.

Was supposed to play softball with some friends today. But apparently a little rain scared them off. Even offered to bring the drunkards some beer. Maybe another time I guess. Oh and it didnt rain till later.

Plans with Tiffany were to play putt putt golf(cheesy I know). Was a bit iffy about how she was going to look to be honest. Saw a few pics of her from POF, but none really gave a great idea of her body. Then I checked facebook and saw some old pics of her. From the old pics she looked like she might have been a fat kid. Much to my pleasure it looks like she lost that weight, BUT kept the big boobs Now I am not saying she is skinny, but she looks good and definitely has some nice curves. Had a top on that was very flattering to them too. A top where if you dont look something is wrong. Anyway as far as the date goes it went real well. She is real cool and fun to be around. I am very attracted to her. I dont always kiss on the first date, but it just felt right today. The chemistry was there. Kind of showed the lack of chemisty with Rachel. Ended up standing in the rain kissing Tiffany. Hopefully will be seeing her again soon.

Edit: Oh ya got my fat gripz extreme in the mail. Cant wait to try them out. I think by themselves they are bigger than the original ones on a bar.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
  3. Cup Cake Batter protein.
    By Liftergym33 in forum Supplements