Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 22 of 34 First ... 2021222324 ... Last

1. Lifted shoulders with Ben. He is just getting back after 3 weeks off so wasn't ideal workout. Still got stuff done but not as much as I would have liked in the time we were there. Plus we were on base where haven't seen people in a while. So of course they wanted to talk.

Did shoulder press elect up to 195
    Elect cable upright rows
    Db later raise
    Face pull
    Dips
    Bb shrugs

Like I said workout wasn't ideal. Kind of the situation where you don't always like what you ask for haha.

Food wise I had 3/4 medium calzone.
    Then the rest of the calzone with cereal topped with dextrose.

2. Also forgot to mention I checked my weight before I lifted and it was 250. Obviously not an exact weight plus I was LOADED with carbs from the night before. Still wasnt expecting to see this high of a number. Especially since I feel like I am leaner. Definitely dont look bloated like I did when I was previously 250.

Another thing that has been on my mind is how much I want to cycle haha. Dang it has been tough not to just open up a new bottle of DS and start chewing them up haha. But I think I might finally get around to pinning. Should be freeing up some money soon. As far as I can tell my situation is pretty solid. Should be able to do 12 weeks without too much craziness. Got the right diet and even have an idea for my workouts. Been eyeing the I,BODYBUILDER by Christian Thibaudeau. It is split into 5 phases: shoulders, back, legs, chest, transition. The way I look at it I could spend 3 weeks on each of the 1st 4 phases and then use the transition as PCT for 4 weeks. The only real issue is I would have to switch gyms. Plus right now I am lifting with Ben. He is talking about doing a 4 day split. Obviously I have to order certain things before I start anyway. So I would probably wait till I am lifting by myself or his schedule frees up. Honestly I am thinking it will have to be when I am lifting solo. I find it hard to find people willing to commit fully to a workout they dont come up with. Plus I dont like the idea of spending money on 2 gym memberships even if I probably wont be using the 1 I am paying for now.

So with all that said maybe I will run some kind of DS cycle in the mean time. I dont think I will be out of my current gym contract till April. By then I will almost be ready to run a cycle. Who knows I will sleep on it. Just hard not to think about some times.
    •   

3. I know that feel bro. Except the pinning part....

4. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked
    I know that feel bro. Except the pinning part....
    Well I have done a handful of DS cycles it feels like it is time to step it up. It would be nice to be able to be on more than just 6 weeks. Could make more progress plus would add some DS I have already. Still have a bit of time to decide. Not something you do without planning.

Last night I did back. Had to keep it to the basics.

The main things were:
    deadlifts working up to 565 for 2 reps while doing elect. Wasn't a good idea. A bit too heavy for elect sets.
    Tbar elect sets of 5 reps instead of bb rows
    Close grips lat pull downs
    Elect shrugs
    3 sets of 15 reps face pulls

5. Decided to combine a bit today. Did chest/shoulders/biceps.

ELECT incline BB worked up to 235. Should haved dropped to 185 and repped out.
    ELECT decline BB worked up to 285 then rep out with 225. Need to start finishing with the rep out from now on.
    DB pullovers 2 sets of 8 reps with 75

ELECT seated BB press worked up to 185 then dropped to 155 to rep out.
    ELECT cable upright rows. Dropped and did a rep out.
    Standing DB lateral raise 40 drop to 25 drop to 15

Lat pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps
    ELECT BB curls work up to 110. Thinking I should have dropped to 90 or 80 and repped out now.
    DB hammer curls 2 sets of 12 with 40s no fat gripz

ELECT Rope triceps ext with fat gripz sets of 5 reps 5 sets

As you can tell I liked following the ELECT sets with a drop set and rep out. Really seemed to finish the exercise well. Got a great pump from it. Thinking I will incorporate it into my workouts from now on. They are a 20% drop in weight.
    •   

6. Taking tonight as anything other than a sign from God makes it a really sad night. Deciding to with hold details in my current condition. Leave that judgement for later. But let's just say I told Ben to kick the sh1t out of me if I talk to her again. His reply was that it would hurt our deadlift workouts if he did haha.

7. I kind of want to tell what happened Saturday night. It was an all around weird night. Then an added dose of weird Sunday. Sucks to think about it though because at this point I dont see why I care at all. Looking back it is always easier to see crazy. I swear the penis does a good job of overlooking crazy. I will give a bit of a hint to how the night went: strip club, pop up guy, girl crying, stranger sex.

Not sure if I will be lifting with Ben tomorrow. Honestly it looks like I will be lifting solo. Kind of thinking about trying out a new routine for legs. If I do I will post about it. Another thing from DH. It would be easier lifting with someone else though.

8. I ended up lifting with Ben. Had to drive 30 minutes though. Figured I could do that this once since he does that everyday now. In fact tomorrow he will be waiting for me to go lift. What will I be doing while he waits? Getting a chiropractic adjustment and then a massage haha.

Alright onto the workout. Did a leg workout John Kiefer came up with that was inspired by HIT. First time doing this so weights were a bit off. Kind of going on the fly. Plus new gym so new equipment.

Front squats 3 sets of 12 with 155. Havent done these in a LONG time. Wanted to make sure I got all the prescribed reps.
    Back squats 3 sets of 10 reps with 225. After front squats doing back squats felt different.
    Leg press 3 sets of 10 reps followed by 3 negatives. Started LIGHT and stayed light. Only went up to 4 plates on each side. Next time it will be different. Although this might not work well on base.

Lying leg curls ELECT 5 sets of 3 consecutively. Did 2 rounds of this 50/70/90/110/130
    Lying leg curls 2 sets of 10 reps plus 3 negatives with 110
    Stiff leg deadlifts 3 sets of 10 reps with 225

9. i gotta say, ive never seen a workout start with front squats and THEN do back squats. thats gotta be some tough chit

10. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked
    i gotta say, ive never seen a workout start with front squats and THEN do back squats. thats gotta be some tough chit
    It is some next level torture. The pump I got was different. Hadn't done front squats in a long time. Ended up doing back squats more like a bodybuilder I would say. Probably going to be all kinds of sore tomorrow in my legs. We skipped out on calves but it was 100 reps of seated calf raise in as few as sets as possible. Then 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps on standing calf raise.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88

It is some next level torture. The pump I got was different. Hadn't done front squats in a long time. Ended up doing back squats more like a bodybuilder I would say. Probably going to be all kinds of sore tomorrow in my legs. We skipped out on calves but it was 100 reps of seated calf raise in as few as sets as possible. Then 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps on standing calf raise.
    Sounds like a fun calf workout! I got up to 2 plates on front squats for 6-8 but sadly never got much quads from it.

12. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked

Sounds like a fun calf workout! I got up to 2 plates on front squats for 6-8 but sadly never got much quads from it.
    The calf workout is actually abbreviated from what it is in the other routine. The other routine is that followed by tibialis raise 3 sets of 12 to 14 reps.

Ya I have done more in the past. I think what got to us is the volume factor. Seriously I haven't done much volume at all.

Todays chest workout was on the fly. Just a little bit of this and that.

Elect incline dbs 3 sets of 10
    Flat bench working up to 315 for 2
    Decline bb 3 sets of 10 reps the last 1 had 2 negatives.
    Pec deck 3 sets of 10ish reps the last 1 had 3 negatives
    Incline db flyes 2 sets of 9 reps

Didn't realize how good of a workout I had. Felt kind of going through the motions. The atmosphere was so blah. Weather has been blah. I had just came from the chiro and massage. Considering going to a different massage therapist. Mix things up a bit. See how that treats me.

13. Strong BB bench 315 x 2. I only wish I could get up to that. Are you not logging any other numbers?

14. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Elect incline dbs 3 sets of 10 90/95/10 Slowed down some on the 100s
    Flat bench working up to 315 for 2
    Decline bb 3 sets of 10 reps the last 1 had 2 negatives. 245/245/245
    Pec deck 3 sets of 10ish reps the last 1 had 3 negatives 260/230/230
    Incline db flyes 2 sets of 9 reps 45/45
    Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    Strong BB bench 315 x 2. I only wish I could get up to that. Are you not logging any other numbers?
    It was weaker than I hoped. Should be better to be honest. I am over 250 pounds right now. I will add some numbers now.

About to go lift shoulders/triceps solo. Thinking I will be doing the DH HD hypertrophy(same routine as legs).

15. I guess it is time to post my workout. Finished up my 1st post workout meal. Ended up training much later than I would have liked. Decided to rest my eyes a bit before I lifted(15 minute nap or so) ended up sleeping almost 2 hours.

Today I did the shoulder/triceps hypertrophy workout. Keep in mind this was the 1st time trying this routine. Plus volume/hypertrophy is a weak point for me. Most of the numbers are going to look VERY unimpressive.

1-Push press ELECT 4 sets of 10 reps just used 135 for 10 reps the whole time. Felt like a decent enough weight and I was able to accelerate it. Felt awkward doing push press honestly. Hadnt done it in a while and especially ELECT.
    2-Seated military press 2 sets of 10 reps then 1 set of 10 reps plus 3 negatives. Only used 155 but it was a good weight to get all the required reps plus I use actual full ROM haha. The bar gets down to my collar bone. It was supposed to be 3 negatives but the spotter couldnt help out on the 3rd. The leverage was pretty crappy. Ended up resetting and doing another negative.
    3-BB half upright rows 2 sets of 10 reps then 1 set 10 reps plus 3 negatives. I just used 110 and it worked well. Kept them clean reps only going to my nipple.
    4-Seated side laterals PSR(which is basically 1 long ELECT set[updated way to say it] broken up by weight increases). 1 set of 6/4/3/3/3 reps I THINK the weight was 15/25/35/40/45. All I know is it was too much haha. Then I dropped to 25 and repped it for 5 reps or so.
    5-BB shrugs 1 set 10 reps then 2 sets of 10 reps plus 3 negatives I used 275. Got hard to hold the weights honestly because I used double overhand without even chalk. The negatives were kind of ehh haha.
    6-Weighted dips with a drop set 3 sets of less than or equal to 10 reps plus 3 reps. I added 45 pounds to my already 255 pound frame. When I did the drop set I just took the dip belt off and did 3 bodyweight reps. I did 9/8/7 reps for the weighted portion.
    7-Overhead DB triceps ext 1 set of 10 reps then 1 set of 10 reps plus 3 negatives. Did my 1st set with 90 and it was quite easy. So next set I did 100. Got my 10 reps and then the 3 negatives.

Decided to do a little extra. Was feeling good plus I am taking in tons of carbs need to burn them off.

8-Decline lying triceps ext only did 1 set of 12 reps with 70 pounds
    9-Alt standing DB curls 3 sets of 8 reps with 45 pounds followed the last set up with some bb curls just doing the top half of the rep with 50 pounds. Felt like I couldnt quite contract as hard as I would have liked with the dbs so I wanted to make sure I blasted the top a bit.

For my 1st meal I had some left over pot roast(jasmine rice, pot roast[shoulder/leaner cut], and sweet potato), left over mashed potatoes, and then Cocoa Pebbles. I had 3 servings worth of Cocoa Pebbles which is 75 grams of carbs plus half a scoop of dextrose(23 grams of carbs), half a scoop of whey iso(12 grams protein) and some 2% milk.

I would say this has been my most detailed post in a while. If yall want this approach more let me know. Seems like their have been more views lately but not too many are speaking up.

By the way looking yolked y0lked haha.

Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    What the hell did you eat with the ground beef? Can't make tacos... Can't make hamburgers unless no bun... I'm lost lol
    Wanted to revisit this post. I have some Thermosauce on the way. Will be adding that to my ground beef.

16. Tom, the detailed posts are always appreciated. Thanks for keeping up the log through all the changes in diet and training protocols, it's definitely a great source for those of us out there trying similar carbohydrate cycles.

17. Quote Originally Posted by retrofitted View Post
    Tom, the detailed posts are always appreciated. Thanks for keeping up the log through all the changes in diet and training protocols, it's definitely a great source for those of us out there trying similar carbohydrate cycles.
    Not a problem. Glad I can help out some. Ya there have been some changes. Back to Carb Back Loading right now though. Training has changed as of late. Hope you are having success. I saw a youtube video where a guy was talking about how if you want to bulk steer clear of CBL haha.

I think I will be taking today off from the gym. Couldnt sleep last night after taking a nap and then going to lift. Plus I have lifted a few days in a row now. This way I can lift Friday and Saturday instead of having 2 out of 3 days rest days this weekend. Plus Ben already said he isnt going to make it. Was hoping to try out the deadlift platform they have on base. Though to be honest I think my quads are still too sore to deadlift haha.

18. I just went back to CBL myself, but without the arbitrary fasting. I ceased the program initially because I thought my lifts were suffering as a result of the diet, but the more I think about it, my CNS was shot to hell and no protocol would have solved that. How's the 255 weight? I know you mentioned being a bit "softer," but is the majority of your gain decent mass in your opinion? Lifts are still looking great, hope you get back to some massive numbers on the compounds.

19. Quote Originally Posted by retrofitted View Post
    I just went back to CBL myself, but without the arbitrary fasting. I ceased the program initially because I thought my lifts were suffering as a result of the diet, but the more I think about it, my CNS was shot to hell and no protocol would have solved that. How's the 255 weight? I know you mentioned being a bit "softer," but is the majority of your gain decent mass in your opinion? Lifts are still looking great, hope you get back to some massive numbers on the compounds.
    Nice glad to hear. I actually like the "fast" but dont really stress about it. To me 12 hours is nothing too crazy. The main thing I do is try to avoid eating the 1st 2 hours I wake up. It is kind of hard to tell if I am getting soft or not. Dont exactly have a 6 pack to use as a guide haha. I would say most of it has been lean. Muscles seems to be popping pretty good. Just started some new natty stuff so it will be at least 2 months.

Decided to have 1 carb meal last night. Had a decent bit especially being an rest day. Had a bit of candy mostly chocolate based. Then I had turkey and dressing mmmmm. Followed that up with a slice of carrot cake. I took 2 SlinShot before my meal.

Alright now to discuss my new supplements.
    Picked up some ZMK by MTS
    Then basically a MAN stack Primal, Promethius Rising, and Clout.
    This is on top of my post workout nutrition and fish oil(5g of DHA and EPA)
    Plus GlycerGrow which I love. Seems to really help with hydration and keeps BP headaches at bay.

20. You're going to love Clout, it's a staple for power and focus. That looks like a mean CHO meal for a rest day.

21. Quote Originally Posted by retrofitted View Post
    You're going to love Clout, it's a staple for power and focus. That looks like a mean CHO meal for a rest day.
    Ya been meaning to try it out. Got it in the mail today. Figure go with their whole line up pretty much. Was going to pick up the Nolvadren XT but decided Lecheek's AD-3 PCT makes more sense for me. Dont need the extra cortisol suppression but like the GH boost and prolactin control since I will be on DAA.

Ya went a little over board on the rest day carbs. Could have done without the candy but dang I havent had any in a while. Trying to do the clean first CBL meal and then have the 2nd one a little more fatty.

22. Just had my 1st taste of Clout... I think I might have had too much water haha. Not exactly the best tasting stuff. Had a few other goodies in the bottle too. Doesnt appear to have a moisture pack. It was packed together and had to scrap some free. Ended up throwing in a little Crystal Lite pack(100mg more caffeine, plus 200mg pill, and cup of coffee ) Something didnt break up too well when shaking the bottle. Didnt have the metal ball(blender bottle) added to the cup though.

23. Yeah, it's not the most phenomenal taste in the world, but it does the job. Holy Christ, that's a lot of caffeine. Just keep drinking the stuff, you'll love its effect on training.

24. Quote Originally Posted by retrofitted View Post
    Yeah, it's not the most phenomenal taste in the world, but it does the job. Holy Christ, that's a lot of caffeine. Just keep drinking the stuff, you'll love its effect on training.
    I didnt really notice a taste to it. Like I said I mixed it with other stuff. I have a bottle and will be getting another soon. Just because I am taking it doesnt mean I will stop taking my copious amount of creatine monohydrate. Have you seen the articles Kiefer did on caffeine? I think I am trying to compete with him for the caffeine consumption haha. Do/did you take the Clout on non training days also?

Still trying to work my magic on the dating website. So far my last handful of messages have been fails haha. The last one I messaged doesnt look like she belongs in my area.

25. I took it on nontraining days as well, but lately I'm doing four days of Westside ME DE and two days of GPP plus assistance workouts so it's a nice thing to have on hand. I've read Kiefer's info on caffeine but I'm still a little wary of taking so much at once. To each their own, of course.

What I've really enjoyed recently is Power Drive by Biotest. Simple but effective. Three ingredients, a rarity in the supplement world.

Keep the optimism high with the online stuff. You never know when you might come across a great girl.

26. You da man. I wana get back to benching 315... Damn you.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

27. Quote Originally Posted by retrofitted View Post
    I took it on nontraining days as well, but lately I'm doing four days of Westside ME DE and two days of GPP plus assistance workouts so it's a nice thing to have on hand. I've read Kiefer's info on caffeine but I'm still a little wary of taking so much at once. To each their own, of course.

What I've really enjoyed recently is Power Drive by Biotest. Simple but effective. Three ingredients, a rarity in the supplement world.

Keep the optimism high with the online stuff. You never know when you might come across a great girl.
    Ya I plan on taking it on non training days too. Should be able to without a problem. The stuff just doesnt taste good. Drank it plain and it was just weird. Added in a packet of Propel.

Pure caffeine doesnt effect me negatively so figured I would try a little more. Plus it isnt like I drink sodas or energy drinks.

I havent tried that or honestly heard of it. Had to look it up. Maybe something I will try if I ever run out of preworkout to try... haha.

I keep putting messages out there. Had a few cute girls pop up. I guess I didnt do a very good job with them though. Got no reply from them. One of them honestly didnt look like she belonged in my area. Girls just arent that pretty here haha. Kind of made me think of my friend Chris' ex girlfriend. Very similiar look and then it turns out she didnt look nearly as good in person. So not only do girls use make up they edit pictures too... To be honest I am still talking to Autumn who I went and visited. Just dont see all too much happening yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    You da man. I wana get back to benching 315... Damn you.
    At the weight I am right now I need to be adding another wheel and getting over 400.

Decided to lift chest and shoulders today. It is nice being able to hit them twice a week like this. This day isnt all that taxing but serves a nice purpose.

Incline BB ELECT sets of 3 reps with short rest between
    135/165/195/215/235 immediately after 235 set dropped to 185 and repped it out 14 times
    Decline BB ELECT sets of 3 reps with short rest between. This was fairly easy.
    185/215/245/275/305 immediately after 305 drop to 245 and repped it 8 times. This wasnt so easy haha.

Seated BB ELECT sets of 3 reps with short rest between
    105/125/145/165/185 immediately after 185 drop to 145 and repped it 13 times
    Upright rows cable ELECT sets of 3 reps no break between sets
    6/9/12/14/15/16 drop to 13 and repped it 9 times
    DB Lateral raise 3 sets of 10 reps with 40s

Had a big pump going on from all the pressing. Felt stronger than I expected to be honest. I am sure some of those werent that easy even last week.

As far as supplements I am taking I JUST started taking the Promethius Rising, Clout, and Primal Male. Plus I have ZMK.

I tried to get my hands on some of IML MSten that they had up for a logging opportunity but they only run their promos for half a week. So I guess they were satisfied with the few who put apps in for it. Figured I would have been a good candidate for it here. They mentioned there were promos going on at other forums but none that I am a part of so oh well. Me plus MSten would have been a great match especially at 20mg a day.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Ya I plan on taking it on non training days too. Should be able to without a problem. The stuff just doesnt taste good. Drank it plain and it was just weird. Added in a packet of Propel.

Pure caffeine doesnt effect me negatively so figured I would try a little more. Plus it isnt like I drink sodas or energy drinks.

I havent tried that or honestly heard of it. Had to look it up. Maybe something I will try if I ever run out of preworkout to try... haha.

I keep putting messages out there. Had a few cute girls pop up. I guess I didnt do a very good job with them though. Got no reply from them. One of them honestly didnt look like she belonged in my area. Girls just arent that pretty here haha. Kind of made me think of my friend Chris' ex girlfriend. Very similiar look and then it turns out she didnt look nearly as good in person. So not only do girls use make up they edit pictures too... To be honest I am still talking to Autumn who I went and visited. Just dont see all too much happening yet.

At the weight I am right now I need to be adding another wheel and getting over 400.

Decided to lift chest and shoulders today. It is nice being able to hit them twice a week like this. This day isnt all that taxing but serves a nice purpose.

Incline BB ELECT sets of 3 reps with short rest between
    135/165/195/215/235 immediately after 235 set dropped to 185 and repped it out 14 times
    Decline BB ELECT sets of 3 reps with short rest between. This was fairly easy.
    185/215/245/275/305 immediately after 305 drop to 245 and repped it 8 times. This wasnt so easy haha.

Seated BB ELECT sets of 3 reps with short rest between
    105/125/145/165/185 immediately after 185 drop to 145 and repped it 13 times
    Upright rows cable ELECT sets of 3 reps no break between sets
    6/9/12/14/15/16 drop to 13 and repped it 9 times
    DB Lateral raise 3 sets of 10 reps with 40s

Had a big pump going on from all the pressing. Felt stronger than I expected to be honest. I am sure some of those werent that easy even last week.

As far as supplements I am taking I JUST started taking the Promethius Rising, Clout, and Primal Male. Plus I have ZMK.

I tried to get my hands on some of IML MSten that they had up for a logging opportunity but they only run their promos for half a week. So I guess they were satisfied with the few who put apps in for it. Figured I would have been a good candidate for it here. They mentioned there were promos going on at other forums but none that I am a part of so oh well. Me plus MSten would have been a great match especially at 20mg a day.
    I feel ya man. Just focus on what you got now though, and kill that, then move on to the next. You will be there before you know it. When I came back after screwing up my back I was working with 135 for 7 reps. We all gota work our way up.

I am glad I can read all these workout logs to catch up on the new supps, lol.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

29. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin

I feel ya man. Just focus on what you got now though, and kill that, then move on to the next. You will be there before you know it. When I came back after screwing up my back I was working with 135 for 7 reps. We all gota work our way up.

I am glad I can read all these workout logs to catch up on the new supps, lol.
    I'll say, nothing beats proper training and diet protocols, but a good supplement regiment sure does give a decent boost. The problem of course is weeding through all the snake oil and salemanship and finding effective products.

30. Quote Originally Posted by retrofitted View Post
    I'll say, nothing beats proper training and diet protocols, but a good supplement regiment sure does give a decent boost. The problem of course is weeding through all the snake oil and salemanship and finding effective products.

No doubt. I am pretty much supp free other than the creatine/protein/pwo. I don't like to take anything while unless I am 100%. I have been having rhomboid/shoulder issues, so waiting for that to clear up before I hit it too hard. once I start i don't stop.

your right, there is alot of BS out there. A big reason I use alot of OLD supps, not the new stuff, until I see someone use it I trust.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
  3. Cup Cake Batter protein.
    By Liftergym33 in forum Supplements