Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 22 of 25 First ... 172021222324 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Back to ultra low carb today. Sleep last night kind of sucked. Need to get a new bed it is starting to bother my back again. Coffee was needed to get through day even more so today.

Workout was chest/shoulders

DB twist press
    Incline BB
    Pec deck

Heavy DB swings superset with 1 arm lateral raise with band full rom to top
    1 arm DB upright rows

Nothing crazy for strength or endurance. But I swelled up like crazy. Shoulders and chest looked huge. Guessing the combo of carbs yesterday plus PeakBeta+. Almost forgot how nice it looks to be pumped full of carbs. Next Carb Nite I think will be Sunday. Will make it easy to get together with the fam to eat dinner for mothers day.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Tomorrow I will copy and paste my workout into here from my PeakBeta+ log.

1 arm DB rows dead stop 3*8 with fat gripz followed by a set of 12 without. The fat gripz made it tough as hell to hold them. Might not try that again haha.
    Seated cable rows 3*12

Pull ups 3*5 not exactly easy at this weight haha. Still waiting to be able to get 6. Might start shooting for a total number instead of sets.
    Stretchers 2*12
    Reverse seat lat pull downs with a wide neutral grip 3*10

Trap bar deadlifts with 3 shrugs at top. No set parameters just go till it got to be too much. Finished with 510 on the bar. The bar is hell on hands. Added liquid grip after each set and used some Versa Grip Pro that were laying around on the 510 set.
    Shrugs with 3 second hold at top 3 sets

Something of note is I was able to use the 3rd notch on my weight lifting belt today. Been using the 2nd 1 and it felt looser today so I tried the 3rd. A little snug but not bad.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Today got an earlier than usual massage from a different/new massage therapist. Can't really say new because I have gone to her before. Definitely got a great overall massage. She seems to do a better job on my back in a shorter amount of time so she can work other areas more.

Waited 6 hours or so to go do legs. Had a cup of coffee sandwiched between 2 doses of PeakBeta+. Got the endurance factor today.

Lying leg curls 3*8 reps with 130. Then 115 for 8 reps followed by 25 bottom partial reps.

Squats worked up to 385*5

Leg press 3*10 with 540 pressing with heels and keeping constant tension

Deadlifts worked up to 550*3

Seated calf raise
    Tibalias(sp?) Raise 3*15 with 40

I can't remember a time where I did both squat and deadlift in the same workout especially at that level. The rests were long but that was because I was lifting with someone and helping out. But because of that I decided to do deadlifts today. Probably going to pay for that work load soon haha.

Got an invitation to friends' wedding in the mail today. It is only 3 weeks away but honestly hoping to trim down to look decent in my clothes for the wedding. It is bad because I just finished reading Hilarity Ensues by Tucker Max. Which ends with all of his friends' crazy bachelor and wedding stories haha. Made me disappointed in the weddings I have gone to. Also made me want to have at least one epic bachelor/wedding story in my lifetime.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Was supposed to go to a pool party tomorrow. But it got cancelled. Doesn't look like the weather was supposed to cooperate anyway. Might go shooting tomorrow. Should be a nice day.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

I figured I will start this back up. Will post some updates.

Bench 315 for 4 also 315 for 3 pause press
    Incline 305 for 3 elect reps
    Squat 405 for 5 reps. Today did 405 for 5 reps plus 65 pounds of chains.
    Leg press today did 630 for 25 reps
    Deadlift 565 for 3 reps
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Good to have you back... What's the diet/goals looking like nowadays?
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

YAY!
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Good to have you back... What's the diet/goals looking like nowadays?
    Appreciate it. Wanted to make sure to focus on the other log. The diet is Carb Nite Solution still. So less than 30 grams of carbs a day, protein around my body weight, fat a little less in grams. So still taking in quite a bit of calories. Usually end up with less fat. Not dropping weight fat but noticing some nice recomping. At the end of the day the goal will always be to look better naked haha. Still trying to get as strong as possible though. But still want to look awesome. May do a powerlifting meet in the future if I ever nut up. Figure I am closer to being able to something there as opposed to bodybuilding. Want to get my weight down

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    YAY!
    Haha thanks man. Been catching up on your log a bit too. Looks like you have been killing it. Really wish I could press ENTER right now haha. Anyway training has been going great. Going with what I can from Mountain Dog(John Meadows). Just off the articles from TNation at the moment. Probably doing more volume than I should especially since I am ultra low carb all but 1 day a week. Had been just rolling with training not having set days. But then started training legs Wednesdays with the kid bodybuilder. Just made more sense to keep things a little more consistent. Makes it a little rough on me though. Have a hard time deciding between training 4 and 5 days a week. Right now it is basically rest, arms, legs, rest, chest/shoulders, back, rest but might throw in a deadlift/hip thrust/core/calves day haha.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Heck yeah bro. You still trying to cut down a bit? Hows that going? I love doing a 4 day split now instead of 5 or 6. I just kill it more on those 4 days. I'll have to check that stuff out.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.

Long time.... Hope all is well
    RIP Ryan, :(
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    Long time.... Hope all is well
    Ya I agree. Hope you are doing alright. Probably give you a call soon.

Oh jam look at that I can use enter again haha.

Sorry about lack of updates. Been meaning to get back to posting workouts but it looks like a mess when you cant use enter. Will try to get back to doing that. Probably going to go train back now. Supposed to be back but just not feeling it today. Got used to having a training partner for legs.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Yeah dude update more. Miss having you around to BS. Literally all the guys I used to talk to here are gone.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin
    Yeah dude update more. Miss having you around to BS. Literally all the guys I used to talk to here are gone.
    Haha my bad. Imagine how I feel. Most of the people I used to chat with are gone. There are a few but not many.

Will post about my workout. Ended up doing legs solo. Annoying guy was back up to his old tricks.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Haha yeah man. It's rough being an OG right?

Solo legs? sounds like my life....
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Haha yeah man. It's rough being an OG right?

Solo legs? sounds like my life....
    Haha I am definitely not an OG but I have been here longer than a lot of people.

It had been a little while since I hit legs solo. Was kind of hard to get motivated. Guy I trained with would just attack it. Whatever I threw at him he would do. I will say some of the workouts got stupid long though. Was nice to get in and get done quick. Today probably took just over an hour.

Lying leg curls 3 sets of 8 ramping up weight then a set of 8 1st set weight plus 25 bottom partials.
    Squats sets of 5: 225, 275, 315, 365, 405
    Leg press 270 for 1 minute 50 reps. Got the idea from the Genomyx sponsored bodybuilder Frank(ish). Was supposed to be more like 2 minutes but damn not used to that. Plus finding the right weight isn't easy.
    Stiff leg deadlifts 2 sets of 10 with 195
    Lat pulldown assisted ghr

The annoying guy spotted me on squats. Then let me work in my set of leg press. Was starting to think he wasn't so bad. Then he would stfu. Left thinking worse of him somehow.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.

Sounds good.....
    RIP Ryan, :(
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Just feel like posting since it has been so long.

Kind of want to mix training up. Lately just doing a butchered version of Mountain Dog training. Basically MD plus Brian Carrol squat article on DH. Kind of want to sign up for John Meadows site (Mountain Dog) but not quite ready to bite. For one want to make sure I will be getting my moneys worth ($10 a month). Kind of still in between on a lot of things. Plus I want to get some bands to go with the training.

Another possible option is The Cube Method. Sounds pretty basic but still might pick up the ebook($37). It is more for powerlifting. Kind of like westside but not quite.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Go for cube. There are quite a few guys on here doing it not like Sean, cincy, Swanson was, and quite a few others. Go pop in their logs.

I'm tearing 5-3-1 now with a vengeance.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Go for cube. There are quite a few guys on here doing it not like Sean, cincy, Swanson was, and quite a few others. Go pop in their logs.

I'm tearing 5-3-1 now with a vengeance.
    Ya should be getting cube soon. Going to check those logs out sometime soon.

Ya just caught up to your log.

Today was back. Decided to do some deadlifts... kinda.

Speed pulls sets of 3 with 315. No idea how many sets but probably close to 10.
    1 arm bb row 2*10
    Seated rows 3*13
    Stretchers 2*12
    Reversed lat pulldowns 3*12

That is what I consider high reps for back haha.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

5-3-1 only has me do back as an accessory. So that sounds high volume to me too!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

5-3-1 only has me do back as an accessory. So that sounds high volume to me too!
    Haha ya been a volume machine since switching to Mountain Dog. Got that bodybuilding volume haha. Going to be weird switching to more of a powerlifting routine. Probably wont start till August though. Finish out the summer training legs with that bodybuilder.

Honestly I was kind of planning on having a deload or rest week. But just got a text that SUCKED. Probably not a good time to take off. Lifting is my drug of choice. Without it I crawl into an even deeper hole. Hard to imagine being more antisocial.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

You could be like me... I don't have any neighbors and being home from school I'm like not around anyone... Just keep lifting just keep lifting... Hahahaha. You should enjoy the cube especially if you want strength gains.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

You could be like me... I don't have any neighbors and being home from school I'm like not around anyone... Just keep lifting just keep lifting... Hahahaha. You should enjoy the cube especially if you want strength gains.
    I have gotten used to being around people now. Even if they just piss me off haha. Plus I do like seeing somewhat attractive females. I could go back to my old gym where almost no female dares to enter haha.

I took a few days off to recover. Was nice to let my body heal a bit. Still aching and all but not as bad. Even had some carbs at night. Put them to use today.

Chest/shoulders
    DB twist press 3*10
    Incline BB press ELECT up to 305 for 3
    Flat BB press sets of 3: 275, 295, 315, 335 not sure how much help I got with 335
    Dips 4*15 bodyweight

Heavy DB swings 4*25 65/70/75/80
    Seated DB press sets of 15 reps: 40/45/50/55
    1 arm 1/2 DB upright row
    Face pulls 5 sets of 15

On the lady front:
    Girl I have been talking to for a while who lived 2 and a half hours away texted me. Turns out she moved to New York(I live in Georgia). Kind of sucks because it was one of those rare times I felt a connection. Most of the time feels like I am just tolerating people.

Also I should write a manual on how not to talk to girls. Doubt watching Bill Burr has helped haha. Basically talked about hanging out but she is dating or talking to someone. She said we probably shouldn't watch a movie. So I said "well what can you do" haha.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

I have gotten used to being around people now. Even if they just piss me off haha. Plus I do like seeing somewhat attractive females. I could go back to my old gym where almost no female dares to enter haha.

I took a few days off to recover. Was nice to let my body heal a bit. Still aching and all but not as bad. Even had some carbs at night. Put them to use today.

Chest/shoulders
    DB twist press 3*10
    Incline BB press ELECT up to 305 for 3
    Flat BB press sets of 3: 275, 295, 315, 335 not sure how much help I got with 335
    Dips 4*15 bodyweight

Heavy DB swings 4*25 65/70/75/80
    Seated DB press sets of 15 reps: 40/45/50/55
    1 arm 1/2 DB upright row
    Face pulls 5 sets of 15

On the lady front:
    Girl I have been talking to for a while who lived 2 and a half hours away texted me. Turns out she moved to New York(I live in Georgia). Kind of sucks because it was one of those rare times I felt a connection. Most of the time feels like I am just tolerating people.

Also I should write a manual on how not to talk to girls. Doubt watching Bill Burr has helped haha. Basically talked about hanging out but she is dating or talking to someone. She said we probably shouldn't watch a movie. So I said "well what can you do" haha.
    Have you read any of tucker max's books? They'll get your head straight on the girl front ha.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by booneman77

Have you read any of tucker max's books? They'll get your head straight on the girl front ha.
    I have read the first 3. Doubt I could ever treat females like that. Granted I haven't been introduced to that level of slutitude. At this point I really don't even try and meet new girls. Probably not helping.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

I have read the first 3. Doubt I could ever treat females like that. Granted I haven't been introduced to that level of slutitude. At this point I really don't even try and meet new girls. Probably not helping.
    I never thought I could either... Until I tried it few times. It's unreal that all the things in there can really be done and there are real girls that are actually that trashy. Makes you feel like a god though. Ego for miles after a few of those experiences ha
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Lol you guys are horrible.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Haha don't think I could do it as a human being haha. Just not in my nature. Played the nice guy role way too much. Would feel weird to me. Could only be that level of azzhole while so drunk I couldn't stand haha.

Why am I horrible? I don't do that ish haha. Read the book for life experience haha.

But if you ever want a jade and facked up view watch Bill Burr on Netflix. Cracks me up way too damn much.

Tomorrow planning on hitting back. May mix a few different things in. Always a fun day. Probably wont be deadlifting though.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Haha okay maybe you're not horrible...

Awh no deads? Boo.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Haha okay maybe you're not horrible...

Awh no deads? Boo.
    Haha I am bad just not horrible haha. Looking like I wont be hanging out with that girl again. Probably not a bad thing.

Well you guilt me into doing deads haha.

495*5/5/6 had me sweating like a mad man. Saw sweat fly after each rep. Plus there were no towels. Bad day not to have towels.
    1 arm bb rows 3*10 still hadn't really recovered from deads
    Seated cable rows 5*7 ramping up weight
    Stretchers 2*12
    Reverse lat pulldowns wide neutral 3*12
    Snatch grip high pulls sets of 3 up to 215 from knee high rack
    Shrugs 3*12 85s with 3 second flex at top
    Farmers walk with 120s

My hands took a beating today. Might put them in an ice bucket haha. Plus those deads wore me out. I usually only do one real set of 3 reps.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

I think I am going to do a week or so of CBL. Just feels like CNS is a little rough with all the volume I have been doing. This time do it a little smarter or at least try. Seems like I made some improvements build wise. Think the problem before was I was carrying too much tub. While deadlifting today I was on the 4th notch on my belt. When I deadlift I put the belt on my upper abs so it will be a smaller size than for squats. Wednesday supposed to train legs with Mike(young bodybuilder). This time he is supposed to run the workout. If he forgets I wont mind taking over haha. A bit of a control freak when it comes to training now. Guess it has something to do with training solo for a while.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Should have rested today. Sunday chest/shoulders Monday back with deadlifts and I knew I was training legs Wednesday so what do I do... trained arms today haha. Just a good ole Mountain Dog day of arms.

Reverse curls 5*10 with short rest
    Rope ext 5*10 with short rest
    Cross body hammer curls 1 arm then the other 3*10
    Dips 3*15 bodyweight
    Incline DB curls 3 sets
    Close grip bench 3*10 185/205/225

Just a good quick arm work. The goal is to pump them up and make em GROW! Seems to be working. After having Carbs the last few days I looked huge and thick in my jail orange shirt(XL). Plus my arms looked full. Looking leaner in the mirror. Might do some webcam pics to bring me back to reality. They always seem to be less favorable than the mirror.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Don't you just love those days you train and know you shouldn't have?

Nice work big guy.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Don't you just love those days you train and know you shouldn't have?

Nice work big guy.
    Just felt good to hit arms and blow them up a bit. Looked real full and thick. Trying to get some Mountain Dog arms haha.

Thanks appreciate it. Good to have someone following along.

Today was legs with Mike. He ran the workout so a bit different.

Lying leg curls 12/10/8/8+25
    Squats sets of 8: 225/275/315/365

Single leg leg press haha 90*12,12 then 140*12. Pretty heavy sled apparently. Never use this one.
    Leg press couple sets of 12. Then drop set with 720/540/360/180

Seated leg curls rep outs with partials at bottom and top
    Romanian deadlifts sets of 12 with 95
    Lat pulldown bodyweight leg curls
    Pull through sets of 12 working up in weight. Getting the feel for them.

Leg ext high rep sets. Pulled up my shorts to put my hands on my quads. Immediately Mike said "ugh Tom have you considered bodybuilding?" haha. Not bad to hear that. I have definitely noticed some improvements while training with Mike. Even though I am the one doing the programming I have added more intensity since I have someone to really push me.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

My arms are so tiny, yet so decently strong...

Solid workout man. Legs blow. I hate em the most.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

My arms are so tiny, yet so decently strong...

Solid workout man. Legs blow. I hate em the most.
    My arms just don't fit me. They are longish for my height. Plus my torso is so thick my arms look smaller. This plus the fact I am fat makes me not consider bodybuilding haha.

Legs aren't too bad. Fun to train but mine get so sore and cramp up bad. Feels like one of those nights too.

Making pancakes now
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

I was right. My legs are cramping up bad. Well it is really only my quads but my right hamstring is trying. Used a rolling pin to roll on them a bit instead of foam rolling. Got the idea from my massage therapist. Still pretty bad off. Had to stretch them a bit.

I think I got a complaint on a dating website haha. Was just one of those days where I was tired of BS profiles. Came across a girl who only wrote "I like to have fun" also age range she is looking for in a guy. Plus she had some "modeling" pics. The kind girls pay for so they don't have to photoshop them on their own. Had 3 pics. 1st is her laid out on some rail road tracks in SHORT jean shorts, bikini top, and cowboy boots. 2nd is her looking off in the distance in the same bikini top. 3rd pic is just cam facing her in a hat with a low cut shirt showing some cleavage.

So what do I do? I send her a message that said "If you don't get multiple sexual offers a day I am disappointed in my sex." Guess that stumped her so instead of just ignoring it she replied back with "ummm." So I decided to clarify and said "I was simply referring to the fact you have no personality information on your profile just pictures of your good looking body." Which was probably better than saying "your wh0rish pictures" haha. But I got some message from the site saying they tried to send me an email but couldn't. Now I am waiting to hear back from them haha.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Decided to take 2 days off. Well kind of haha. Thought about going but just couldn't pull the trigger. Probably a good thing I took a few days off.

Chest and shoulders earlier

Db twist press 3*10
    Incline bb press 5*5 constant tension reps
    Floor smith machine press 5*2
    Decline db flyes 3*12

Standing bb press 3*10
    Heavy db lateral swings 4*35 with 65s. Went back to the article to check for a video on these and realized it said 35 reps not 25 like I had been doing.
    Snatch grip high pulls hanging sets of 5 reps work up to 195
    Face pulls with fat gripz extreme sets of 15
    Rope triceps ext with fat grips extreme sets of 10
    Band ext century set
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

That workout was supposed to be a bit of a Cuban Mountain Dog workout. A mix of Cube Method and Mountain Dog. Ended up not having much of a Cube Method influence except for floor press, standing press, and triceps work.

Was a pretty good workout though. Felt odd after DB twist press though. It felt like I was too pumped up. Wasn't used to that. Asked for a spot for incline and it was only 225 for 5 reps doing them constant tension.

Saw myself in the mirror a few times. Damn I was looking big. Back looked wide as hell and thick. Nice workout to just blow up and get thick.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

That workout was supposed to be a bit of a Cuban Mountain Dog workout. A mix of Cube Method and Mountain Dog. Ended up not having much of a Cube Method influence except for floor press, standing press, and triceps work.

Was a pretty good workout though. Felt odd after DB twist press though. It felt like I was too pumped up. Wasn't used to that. Asked for a spot for incline and it was only 225 for 5 reps doing them constant tension.

Saw myself in the mirror a few times. Damn I was looking big. Back looked wide as hell and thick. Nice workout to just blow up and get thick.
    That's the best feeling when you look over mid set and are just like "damn I look like a beast". Always helps push out an extra rep or two
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 03:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 02:08 PM
  3. Cup Cake Batter protein.
    By Liftergym33 in forum Supplements