Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 16 of 25 First ... 11141516171821 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    It isnt so much the program is causing stomach pain. What happens is I dont have any fiber in my diet. So when I go to sh1t it is basically loose. So I am constantly having to go pee out of my ass all day. That is the best way to describe it. As soon as I added just a minor amount of fiber it packed together.

I think you are referring to Mark Rippetoe. I have messed around with 531 a bit and liked it. Find out how today's workout goes with Ben. It will be chest and biceps so it should be packed. Plus Ben is much stronger on chest than I am even when I am fully healed.

Thanks man I am trying. Just think I might be changing the workout. Rough blasting squat every workout.

So I have some bad news. Work decided to be a bit of a pain. Starting tomorrow I have to be there at 5am. In order for me to do that I have to wake up at 3:50am since it is a good 25 minute drive. Will be doing 4 10 hour days a week. Really makes going to the fair interesting tomorrow. Definitely still plan on going that is for damn sure. Just going to make it sweeter knowing I will be paying for it the next day haha.
    Yeah that can be rough for sure. As far as the work situation. You are a lucky bastard. Once you get used to that schedule you will love life. Even when you do something like go to the fair or what ever you have one extra day that week you can sleep in. The short work week more than makes up for it and you can always pop a stim or take a pre-workout in the morning the next day to get moving. I worked 4/10s for a little while and after 2 weeks I didn't even notice the extra hours and to be honest it doesn't matter what time you get up if it is an alarm waking you up instead of you waking up because you are done sleeping it sucks until you get moving. So just get up and get moving and it won't be any problem.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yeah that can be rough for sure. As far as the work situation. You are a lucky bastard. Once you get used to that schedule you will love life. Even when you do something like go to the fair or what ever you have one extra day that week you can sleep in. The short work week more than makes up for it and you can always pop a stim or take a pre-workout in the morning the next day to get moving. I worked 4/10s for a little while and after 2 weeks I didn't even notice the extra hours and to be honest it doesn't matter what time you get up if it is an alarm waking you up instead of you waking up because you are done sleeping it sucks until you get moving. So just get up and get moving and it won't be any problem.
    Yep...yep, I can't wait until I finish Nursing school, I'll be working 3/12's with 4 days off per week! Yup...yup!!! Even though my money-grubbing A$$ will be working at least 1 extra 12hr shift a week for extra money, but that extra money is gold considering 8/12 are time and a half and still have 3 days a week all to my lonesome... Boo-Yahhh Baby!!!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Ya it ended up being a bit of a blessing. Like you said the start of it sucks, but now i have an extra day off for the weekend. Plan on using it soon. Counting inventory sucks but listening to music definitely helps. Been listening to workout music to get me through the day plus PLENTY of stims and nicotine gum. Even added http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/l...2-90-caps.html to the mix.

The diet has been pretty solid. Thinking I will do refeeds every 5 days or so. This is because I will be lifting more often and with more volume. Was pretty clear I wouldnt be able to keep up with Ben otherwise.

The lifting has been going great too. Benched 275 for 8 reps the other day. Which is the same number of reps as when I was doing the bench program but 10 less pounds. Not too bad if you ask me. Plus deadlifted 605 the other day. Nothing crazy but nice to still be able to do it. Also Ben was able to do 605 so we are probably right around the same area when it comes to deadlifts. Should make for an interesting competition.

Ben talked about going to a local metal concert today so I decided to give Tiffany a text asking if she wanted to go. Long story short she said she was busy but thanks for asking. Which eventually prompted her to bring up the whole "where are we at now?" She basiclaly said she likes me and likes hanging out with me, but doesnt see us dating. She did a really bad job of transitioning into that conversation so it really caught me off guard. Kind of hit me harder than I expected it to. Especially considering some things. But after some time to think about it doesnt bother me anymore. I guess we will continue to hang out just have to keep in mind not to get attached to someone who is already half way out the door. On a good note I have still been talking to this girl Autumn. She was supposed to come visit before but that fell through. Now the plan is for me to go visit her next weekend. Should be a fun time.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Went to the "concert" and was very disappointed haha. Ended up getting to it late plus it was tiny. After that we just stayed downtown. Ben's girl is a bartender and seems to know everyone downtown. They eventually convinced me to drink. Everytime Ben gets back from a deployment he goes a little crazy with the drinking. During the 5 or so years I have known him we had only drank together once and that was a few people at his house. Last night we unleased two 230 plus assh0les haha. It was a great night. This one guy really got the brunt of our aggression haha. I was dancing with this girl and Idk if he was trying to work his way in or just get to the bar, but he was pissing me off. So I slightly nudge him with my elbow. He doesnt get the hint so I hit him with my elbow. Later he almost knocks down the girl we are with so Ben grabs him and scares the sh1t out of him haha. After that we left. Not going to lie pretty proud of myself when it comes to that whole situation. Plus apparently I gave a shoulder massage to a super hot short lesbian.

Another funny story. The girl Ben is with was friends with his ex. In fact that is how they met. Basically the ex was a b1tch. They have to get some stuff back from the ex. She shows up with her bf who is the goofiest looking SOB. His shoulders are like pulled down and his shirt is 2 sizes too big plus he has a crazy looking duck walk. On top of that he tries to act like friends. So that was a subject of laughter and then later a sore spot. Benjamin couldnt stop bring up his ex when he was drunk. Not a way to make a girl happy.

We did have some Waffle House last night. OMG it was so good. Had the All Star Breakfast and a double cheese burger. Might have to make that a carb nite meal some time haha.

Woke up this morning with a killer hangover. Was supposed to do legs with Ben today. That got postponed till tomorrow.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

[QUOTE="Tomahawk88"]Went to the "concert" and was very disappointed haha. Ended up getting to it late plus it was tiny. After that we just stayed downtown. Ben's girl is a bartender and seems to know everyone downtown. They eventually convinced me to drink. Everytime Ben gets back from a deployment he goes a little crazy with the drinking. During the 5 or so years I have known him we had only drank together once and that was a few people at his house. Last night we unleased two 230 plus assh0les haha. It was a great night. This one guy really got the brunt of our aggression haha. I was dancing with this girl and Idk if he was trying to work his way in or just get to the bar, but he was pissing me off. So I slightly nudge him with my elbow. He doesnt get the hint so I hit him with my elbow. Later he almost knocks down the girl we are with so Ben grabs him and scares the sh1t out of him haha. After that we left. Not going to lie pretty proud of myself when it comes to that whole situation. Plus apparently I gave a shoulder massage to a super hot short lesbian.

Another funny story. The girl Ben is with was friends with his ex. In fact that is how they met. Basically the ex was a b1tch. They have to get some stuff back from the ex. She shows up with her bf who is the goofiest looking SOB. His shoulders are like pulled down and his shirt is 2 sizes too big plus he has a crazy look
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I think I need to find a lifting partner as socially awkward as me haha. Ben ended up not coming to lift. Called me and said his girl was down because of something legitimate. I understand I guess just sucks when I know it wont be the last time. So I did a solo leg workout. Just a 531 squat workout mixed with a little bit of other stuff. Did volume sumo deadlifts 4 sets of 10 reps. Then ELECT set of seated leg curls. Follow that with 2 sets of 10 on lying leg curls. My hamstrings were on fire. Then 3 sets of 8 on calf press.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I dont know what happened to my post..... but i was saying bud... thats awsome you went out and drank... we all gotta have a littke free spirit fun now and then
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Sounds like you had some fun and let off some steam. Good Times!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Oh yeah nice work on then 275x8 bench as well.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Yeah soon he can lift some real weight! Lol
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    I dont know what happened to my post..... but i was saying bud... thats awsome you went out and drank... we all gotta have a littke free spirit fun now and then
    It was fun to get out and drink a little. Hadnt done that in a LONG time.

Sounds like you had some fun and let off some steam. Good Times!
    It was good to drink with friends. Towards the end my mood soured a bit, but overall it was a great night. By the end of it I was ready to go though haha. But when it came time to eat I was happy as hell haha.

Thanks it felt pretty good. Still sore in my left pec area. Ready for it to be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Yeah soon he can lift some real weight! Lol
    Haha well my last workout I did 315 for 2 so suck it.

So it is that time again... BAD NEWS. I am sick. Not sure with what but it sucks. Will be missing some gym time. Plus I had made plans to visit Autumn and had to cancel them. Talk about crappy timing. Also my friend Ben is moving to another town. It will be a good 25-30 minutes away. Back to lifting by myself.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I was kidding you are strong I see the 275x8 as more impressive than the 315x2. Keep it up, and get well soon bud. Everyone around me at seems to be getting sick too.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I was kidding you are strong I see the 275x8 as more impressive than the 315x2. Keep it up, and get well soon bud. Everyone around me at seems to be getting sick too.
    Well 1 more rep with 315 and it would have been about the same as 8 reps with 275. Didnt have the same lead up to the set as I did with 275. Doing the ELECT sets before a heavy all out set seems to prep the CNS a lot better.

Still feeling like crap and all sick. Taking it easy around the house and getting LOTS of sleep. Basically sleeping 10 hours at night and then taking 2 hours worth of naps during the day. I should be getting better.

When I eventually get back into the gym I will ease back into it. The meds they gave me are horrible for tendons. The last thing I want to do is rush it and injury myself. I can feel my connective tissue being weaker.

Diet was alright but lately it has been crap. Gets depressing not working out and still eating low carb. Will be easier to clean up once I get back to lifting. Been popping SlinShot before I have carbs though. Hopefully that is helping with damage control.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

You better get your ass better! I think it is a good idea to have carbs when ill anyway. Of course you could always just back load them even if say 150-200 a night.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

You better get your ass better! I think it is a good idea to have carbs when ill anyway. Of course you could always just back load them even if say 150-200 a night.
    Haha I was starting to think I was about to go another round with sickness. But I woke up this morning and felt much better. Hopefully tomorrow is even better. What I think my "sick" protocol from now on will be something like 150-200 grams of carbs EOD or EO2D and like you said back loaded but clean. Hopefully I wont have to impliment it often haha. This time around I got pretty lax and cut loose too much. I can tell I got a bit soft but nothing too bad. Some time will fix it.

Ok boys and girl gather round because it is story time haha. First a bit of back story. Was at my friend Michael and Candace house with our friend Adam. Michael's friend shows up with his friend and gf(not really sure who Michael knew). The 2 guys basically went off and played XBOX360 together alone. The gf(Jessica) was very pretty and didnt seem to mind the interest of other guys. Anyway long story short she eventually broke up with her BF and then later started dating Adam.

Now to tonight and its events. Jessica and Adam host a bon fire. They use facebook to invite people and all. According to the event there was supposed to Michael, Candace, Adam, Jessica, and about 10 other people. Turns out it was just the 5 of us. Welcome to the start of the 5th wheel haha. They all start drinking a bit. I would say the order from most to least was Adam, Michael, Jessica, then Candace. Everyone is all friendly in the beginning and all. Get a little more alcohol in them and people start cracking on each other a big plus old stories are told. You know how some people get to be a bit of a douche when they drink... that might be Adam. At least he definitely came off as a bit of a douche. It was clear Jessica was a bit pissed at him. It made for an interesting night. To top it off I THINK Jessica MIGHT have been flirting with me a little bit. That is how horrible I am when it comes to reading females. Jessica and I were alone upstairs in the house in the kitchen talking a little bit. As we are walking down the stairs she says "Tom wait let me ask you something... nevermind I shouldnt." Kind of wondering what was going through her pretty little head.

She might have been more drunk than I realized too. 2 weeks ago I saw her out when I was with my friend Ben and his girl. I told her and she didnt remember seeing me that night. To be fair it was probably about 1:30am then and the place was about to close.

Anyway back to the story their whatever you want to call it went on for a while. She might have flirted a little more with me. Then they got a little PDA going on which makes for a fun time with a couple. Eventually they got to wrestling around on the ground because Jessica thinks she can take Adam. Which apparently is pretty common for this girl. Because she got beat(as in the bad way) by a guy who was and I quote "ripped like Tom" as she rubs my arm. A little after that Michael and Candace decided that was enough fun and interesting times for a night. I was not about to stick around for the love fest or fighting which ever ended up happening.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Alright time for some updates. Trying to remember when I started back low carbing. I know Saturday was low carb. Pretty sure Friday was too. Thursday is pretty iffy haha. So that kind of dictates when I will have my carb up. Might do the whole 10 day prep phase because I was BAD haha. Been back on track though. Trying to mix things up a bit with diet which can be rough. Makes it harder to keep carbs under 30 grams.

Actually got a few gym sessions in too. Sunday had a good solo chest and biceps workout. Taking it easy though. Didnt use any crazy weights after 2 weeks off and tendon tearing meds. A good example of how easy I took it is even though I decided to do a X set I only used 275 for 2 reps on flat bench pause press. Previously I muscled up 275 for 8 reps and 315 for 2. Everything else was fairly consistent with previous workouts. With other sets I was able to gauge my response. I did try something a bit different. For rope triceps ext I put on the fat grips and did sets of 5 reps adding weight each set. Did 5 sets like that and that tore my triceps up.

Then since I couldnt sleep on Monday I decided to go lift... at 5am. I didnt realize how many people were going to be there. Even had a few females who were worth checking out. That was a big shocker to me could help but look. A good looking woman was doing stiff leg deadlifts(kinda) and then later did lying leg curls while I was right next to her on the leg ext machine... Ya I stared haha.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Meant to post about my leg workout more.

Did elect sets for squats but did smaller jumps and took rest in between sets. Did the same thing for a hack squat machine. As always the seated leg curl machine was great with an elect set. Lower back took a beating doing stiff leg deadlifts. Ended up not doing calves.

Today I plan on doing shoulders and triceps. Always a fun workout when your shoulders swell up making your waist look smaller haha. Might be lifting with someone else.

Hoping to hand out a bit of candy before I lift.

After I lift I plan on meeting up with friends. My idea is to dress up like John Madden. A Frank Caliendo inspired John Madden haha
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Ended up lifting shoulder and triceps solo. Kind of had 2 people bail on me. Married woman just never texted back. Then guy showed up doing shoulders also but he got a phone call. I will just say he over shared info related to his personal life.

Elect seated press sets of 3 reps stared with 115 and ended with 205. Felt pretty good but I felt it slow at the end. There were breaks between sets.
    Elect cable upright row awesome as always. Wish I could make it heavier. Might have to start heavier and make smaller jumps.
    Seated plate loaded shoulder press. Not a pick of mine. This was the first exercise with the guy... and the last haha.
    Standing db lateral raise with fat grips. Did a bit of a drop set with them too.

I am not sure at what point I noticed but wow. This guy was working out with his buddy and his gf was with him also. I felt embarrassed for them. This guy was GRUNTING extremely loud. Now I can admit I am sure I have grunted in the gym before, but this guy was loud and it was during every lift. During a high rep set on bench he grunted every freaking rep. If I didn't have headphones it would have drove me insane. By the way I could hear him even with headphones turned all the way up. Oh and his lifts were nothing special so no reason to grunt that damn much.

I guess this is the part I should mention his gf was hot haha. She had on some tight stretchy pants, cut up sweater, overly nerdy looking glasses(the kind you expect to see a pornstar to wear when you know she is going to take a money shot on them), and had her hair in a ponytail to the side.

Alright enough about them back to the workout.

Elect close grip bench with rest. Finished with 265.
    Elect as many rep as possible done in rest pause.
    Standing concentration db curls
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Figured I should start a new post.

Workout took longer than I would have liked. So ended up being late to meet up with friends. But still hung out with them got a bit at a restaurant but didn't eat.

Got my John Madden on haha. Sprayed my hair whitish, colored my eye brows yellowish, wore a suit and tie, and brought props. My props included "Boom! Tough actin' Tinactin!" and a box for Madden 2010.

Basically time spent with the friends was them laughing at this girl who just kept saying stuff you could take out of context. About how she rode bulls. She said something like a bull jacking you off. It was quite funny. Should be hanging out with this group and more Saturday for a friend birthday. Plan on making that my Carb Nite. Figure I will probably drink a little why not throw some awesome food in too. Plan on hitting chest and biceps before heading to the party.

After that went to a sports bar. Met up with a girl I am facebooks friends with who I grew up in the same neighborhood with but I forgot. Not interested in her haha. Throwing that out there. When I got there she wasn't there yet. My nice guy attitude worked to my advantage tonight. There were 2 guys and a girl at the bar and someone dropped their lighter. They didn't notice so I picked it up and returned it to them. Which ended up starting a conversation especially when you are dressed as John Madden with props haha. Ended up having my picture taken haha.

Friend showed up a little later. She knew the girls who worked there who were pretty hot. So got to talk to them a bit. Then realized how much drama they had with them haha. Not only kids but guy drama too. Still pretty hot so I didn't mind them being close. In fact I don't know if this girl noticed or not but I was resting my hands on the bar and then she stood up and she basically rubbed her boobs on my arm for a good while. One of those times you can't tell how drunk they are. After some more laughs it was time to call it a night. Just to give you an idea of the drama filled night. One girl was crying her eyes out and the other's baby daddy called a cab for her which she sent away.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Finally got the pic from my phone. This is one of the girls from last night and BOOM!

Name:  BOOM.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  80.3 KB

Like I said I didnt mind having them around haha.

Ended up getting a chiropractic adjustment AND a massage today. It was the massage therapist first day so I wasnt sure what to expect. Didnt expect what happened(no happy endings just to clear that up haha). But the massage therapist was younger than me. Which clearly the others are older. On top of that it turns out I know her brother who is my age. A plus is she has massaged powerlifters and bodybuilders before. In fact she told me she massage Kevin(bodybuilder I used to lift with years ago). So she has a better idea of my goals which is nice. She kind of bruised my ego not going to lie haha. She pretty much said her brother and I have the same build... and I still associate him from when I met him a while back. When I probably outweigh him by 50 pounds. To me we are not the same build at all haha. So to "help clarify who I am" I threw out "just tell him Tom who deadlifts 675" haha.

Alright on to my workout. Decided to do back today. Just going to give some high lights.

Used the fat gripz a lot today. Probably going to have fried forearms tomorrow.

Decided to do a heavy deadlift. Pulled 615 today. It was real slow from the start. There was no explosion which makes it hard to believe I got it. Didnt have anyone watch me. So no critique on form not that they would have been reliable anyway considering the place.

That is honestly the big event in my workout. Strength was solid across the board. Forearms seemed to give out easy though.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Today is finally my carb nite. Tried to make sure I was well over the 7 day mark. Been super sore in my back particularly my upper back. Lower back is just fine as usual. Deadlifts make everything better.

Plan on having plenty to eat and drink tonight. Had some homemade Chinese food with plenty of jasmine rice. Going to pick up a pizza in a bit. Had dextrose in my post workout shake... it doesn't agree with me.

My workout was pretty on par. Incline elect bb felt great where decline was rough on shoulders. Did 315 on flat for a cluster. Was a bit ambious though only got 1,1,1 and the last I needed my spotter.

Biceps went well. Fat grips when doing pulldowns were easier. Got a good bicep pump going and worked my grip a bit. Ended with fat gripped rope triceps ext.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

You never cease to entertain. Nice workouts...
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    You never cease to entertain. Nice workouts...
    That is the goal haha. Tonight was entertainment too but I can't post about a lot of it haha. Had plenty of carbs and alcohol to replenish storages. Should be visiting a girl soon also.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88

That is the goal haha. Tonight was entertainment too but I can't post about a lot of it haha. Had plenty of carbs and alcohol to replenish storages. Should be visiting a girl soon also.
    What are you trying to say?
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    What are you trying to say?
    Mehh that was when I was pretty drunk so dont read into it too much.

Will be doing an update later. Good workout plus trying something a little different.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Was under the impression I was going to be lifting with Ben today but that didnt happen. Oh well to be honest legs isnt the best time to lift together. He is 6'1" and I am 5'7" so squats dont work out too well haha. Should be lifting shoulders/triceps with him tomorrow if not oh well.

ELECT squats rest between sets(3reps each)
    ELECT hack squat machine rest between sets(10reps each)

ELECT seated leg curl all 1 set(3 reps)
    RDL 2 sets of 10 reps
    225,225 (SO LIGHT)

Seated calf raise 100 reps as few as sets as possible
    3 sets Calf press(8 reps) superset with tibialis raise(12 reps)

Decided today I was going to have some carbs. Might start mixing in carbs more often. Just cut down on the feeding window. Hopefully this will allow me to eat carbs while still dropping fat.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Mehh that was when I was pretty drunk so dont read into it too much.

Will be doing an update later. Good workout plus trying something a little different.
    Lol just giving you **** man. Good workouts
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Lol just giving you **** man. Good workouts
    Well played sir haha. That night had me going "what the fack" a lot. Had to funnel half a dozen beers to get to the point where I didnt regret coming. I have a strict no drinking and driving policy so I was stuck there once I had some apple cider and Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey(awesome combo by the way). After much drinking the night "seemed" to get better.

Thanks I think I am going to do a better job of tracking things now. Give people a better idea of what I am doing.

Today my 1 ultra low carb meal was 3/4 pounds of 80/20 ground beef.

Post workout was half of my Chinese takeout: boneless spare ribs with white rice and steamed dumplings.
    Next meal was a decent bowl of Fruity Pebbles. I made some changes to it though. I added a bit of dextrose to it... 45 grams worth of dextrose haha. So a good bit of cereal, 8oz of 2% milk, and 45 grams of dextrose(carbs). Then I had a banana, 2 small piece of chocolate, and cherry ice cream.

Both of those meals had a pre meal shake before them: 30 grams of hydrowhey, 45 grams of dextrose, 7 grams of leucine, 10+ grams of creatine. And the 1st shake had some casein protein in it also.

Right now I am quite full but I dont feel like I over did it like before. Plus I kept everything inside a 4 hour post workout window. Hopefully this will help. Something I wish I would have done differently though is get more protein and fat in during the ultra low carb portion of the day.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Well played sir haha. That night had me going "what the fack" a lot. Had to funnel half a dozen beers to get to the point where I didnt regret coming. I have a strict no drinking and driving policy so I was stuck there once I had some apple cider and Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey(awesome combo by the way). After much drinking the night "seemed" to get better.

Thanks I think I am going to do a better job of tracking things now. Give people a better idea of what I am doing.

Today my 1 ultra low carb meal was 3/4 pounds of 80/20 ground beef.

Post workout was half of my Chinese takeout: boneless spare ribs with white rice and steamed dumplings.
    Next meal was a decent bowl of Fruity Pebbles. I made some changes to it though. I added a bit of dextrose to it... 45 grams worth of dextrose haha. So a good bit of cereal, 8oz of 2% milk, and 45 grams of dextrose(carbs). Then I had a banana, 2 small piece of chocolate, and cherry ice cream.

Both of those meals had a pre meal shake before them: 30 grams of hydrowhey, 45 grams of dextrose, 7 grams of leucine, 10+ grams of creatine. And the 1st shake had some casein protein in it also.

Right now I am quite full but I dont feel like I over did it like before. Plus I kept everything inside a 4 hour post workout window. Hopefully this will help. Something I wish I would have done differently though is get more protein and fat in during the ultra low carb portion of the day.
    What the hell did you eat with the ground beef? Can't make tacos... Can't make hamburgers unless no bun... I'm lost lol

Nuts especially peanut butter are my go to fats.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

What the hell did you eat with the ground beef? Can't make tacos... Can't make hamburgers unless no bun... I'm lost lol

Nuts especially peanut butter are my go to fats.
    I just had it plain. I make sure to get a fair amount of the fat to add taste. Sometimes I have it over lettuce with salsa. Also another good option is cutting up peppers and cooking them.

I try to limit plant fat but have had some peanut butter here and there.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Lifted shoulders with Ben. He is just getting back after 3 weeks off so wasn't ideal workout. Still got stuff done but not as much as I would have liked in the time we were there. Plus we were on base where haven't seen people in a while. So of course they wanted to talk.

Did shoulder press elect up to 195
    Elect cable upright rows
    Db later raise
    Face pull
    Dips
    Bb shrugs

Like I said workout wasn't ideal. Kind of the situation where you don't always like what you ask for haha.

Food wise I had 3/4 medium calzone.
    Then the rest of the calzone with cereal topped with dextrose.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Also forgot to mention I checked my weight before I lifted and it was 250. Obviously not an exact weight plus I was LOADED with carbs from the night before. Still wasnt expecting to see this high of a number. Especially since I feel like I am leaner. Definitely dont look bloated like I did when I was previously 250.

Another thing that has been on my mind is how much I want to cycle haha. Dang it has been tough not to just open up a new bottle of DS and start chewing them up haha. But I think I might finally get around to pinning. Should be freeing up some money soon. As far as I can tell my situation is pretty solid. Should be able to do 12 weeks without too much craziness. Got the right diet and even have an idea for my workouts. Been eyeing the I,BODYBUILDER by Christian Thibaudeau. It is split into 5 phases: shoulders, back, legs, chest, transition. The way I look at it I could spend 3 weeks on each of the 1st 4 phases and then use the transition as PCT for 4 weeks. The only real issue is I would have to switch gyms. Plus right now I am lifting with Ben. He is talking about doing a 4 day split. Obviously I have to order certain things before I start anyway. So I would probably wait till I am lifting by myself or his schedule frees up. Honestly I am thinking it will have to be when I am lifting solo. I find it hard to find people willing to commit fully to a workout they dont come up with. Plus I dont like the idea of spending money on 2 gym memberships even if I probably wont be using the 1 I am paying for now.

So with all that said maybe I will run some kind of DS cycle in the mean time. I dont think I will be out of my current gym contract till April. By then I will almost be ready to run a cycle. Who knows I will sleep on it. Just hard not to think about some times.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I know that feel bro. Except the pinning part....
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by y0lked
    I know that feel bro. Except the pinning part....
    Well I have done a handful of DS cycles it feels like it is time to step it up. It would be nice to be able to be on more than just 6 weeks. Could make more progress plus would add some DS I have already. Still have a bit of time to decide. Not something you do without planning.

Last night I did back. Had to keep it to the basics.

The main things were:
    deadlifts working up to 565 for 2 reps while doing elect. Wasn't a good idea. A bit too heavy for elect sets.
    Tbar elect sets of 5 reps instead of bb rows
    Close grips lat pull downs
    Elect shrugs
    3 sets of 15 reps face pulls
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Decided to combine a bit today. Did chest/shoulders/biceps.

ELECT incline BB worked up to 235. Should haved dropped to 185 and repped out.
    ELECT decline BB worked up to 285 then rep out with 225. Need to start finishing with the rep out from now on.
    DB pullovers 2 sets of 8 reps with 75

ELECT seated BB press worked up to 185 then dropped to 155 to rep out.
    ELECT cable upright rows. Dropped and did a rep out.
    Standing DB lateral raise 40 drop to 25 drop to 15

Lat pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps
    ELECT BB curls work up to 110. Thinking I should have dropped to 90 or 80 and repped out now.
    DB hammer curls 2 sets of 12 with 40s no fat gripz

ELECT Rope triceps ext with fat gripz sets of 5 reps 5 sets

As you can tell I liked following the ELECT sets with a drop set and rep out. Really seemed to finish the exercise well. Got a great pump from it. Thinking I will incorporate it into my workouts from now on. They are a 20% drop in weight.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Taking tonight as anything other than a sign from God makes it a really sad night. Deciding to with hold details in my current condition. Leave that judgement for later. But let's just say I told Ben to kick the sh1t out of me if I talk to her again. His reply was that it would hurt our deadlift workouts if he did haha.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I kind of want to tell what happened Saturday night. It was an all around weird night. Then an added dose of weird Sunday. Sucks to think about it though because at this point I dont see why I care at all. Looking back it is always easier to see crazy. I swear the penis does a good job of overlooking crazy. I will give a bit of a hint to how the night went: strip club, pop up guy, girl crying, stranger sex.

Not sure if I will be lifting with Ben tomorrow. Honestly it looks like I will be lifting solo. Kind of thinking about trying out a new routine for legs. If I do I will post about it. Another thing from DH. It would be easier lifting with someone else though.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I ended up lifting with Ben. Had to drive 30 minutes though. Figured I could do that this once since he does that everyday now. In fact tomorrow he will be waiting for me to go lift. What will I be doing while he waits? Getting a chiropractic adjustment and then a massage haha.

Alright onto the workout. Did a leg workout John Kiefer came up with that was inspired by HIT. First time doing this so weights were a bit off. Kind of going on the fly. Plus new gym so new equipment.

Front squats 3 sets of 12 with 155. Havent done these in a LONG time. Wanted to make sure I got all the prescribed reps.
    Back squats 3 sets of 10 reps with 225. After front squats doing back squats felt different.
    Leg press 3 sets of 10 reps followed by 3 negatives. Started LIGHT and stayed light. Only went up to 4 plates on each side. Next time it will be different. Although this might not work well on base.

Lying leg curls ELECT 5 sets of 3 consecutively. Did 2 rounds of this 50/70/90/110/130
    Lying leg curls 2 sets of 10 reps plus 3 negatives with 110
    Stiff leg deadlifts 3 sets of 10 reps with 225
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Answers

i gotta say, ive never seen a workout start with front squats and THEN do back squats. thats gotta be some tough chit
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by y0lked
    i gotta say, ive never seen a workout start with front squats and THEN do back squats. thats gotta be some tough chit
    It is some next level torture. The pump I got was different. Hadn't done front squats in a long time. Ended up doing back squats more like a bodybuilder I would say. Probably going to be all kinds of sore tomorrow in my legs. We skipped out on calves but it was 100 reps of seated calf raise in as few as sets as possible. Then 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps on standing calf raise.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 03:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 02:08 PM
  3. Cup Cake Batter protein.
    By Liftergym33 in forum Supplements