Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 16 of 34 First ... 1415161718 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    jeez that lift was sick!!!! I wanna lift that much lol.....
    Thanks man, if you did that I am sure it would be a world record(at your body weight) haha. Pretty sure I can do more. Need to work on my form a bit though. Havent done many pulls lately. The ELECT sets dont exactly help with form.

I am thinking what I will do is the 531 squat day for legs from now on. I seemed to progress very well on squats with it. Shockwave Protocols has worked for muscle gains, but I havent seen too much strength gains particularly on my squat. Although I was doing both when I was progressing so maybe they were working in conjunction with each other. But with this work schedule I only want to to lift 4 days a week. When I am done with this job I think I will switch to 5 days a week.

Going to be meeting up with Rachel today. Exchanging some food She is giving me some more pound cake and I am giving her chicken and cabbage over jasmine rice.

I have to say I am looking leaner. My stomach seems to be shrinking. I wish I had done the detox diet longer but oh well. I think I will do it again in a few months. Would like to try and do it for 2 if not 3 weeks. CNS is supposed to be really good for shrinking the ole waistline.

2. Awesome DL Tom. You really killed that lift, made it look easy.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311
    Awesome DL Tom. You really killed that lift, made it look easy.
    Thanks man. It is the most I have done while natty. I am guessing I can do more. Need to focus in on my form a bit. Maybe throw in some singles to work form. Didn't plan on holding it, but decided to test out my grip since it went up.

Today was a pretty blah day. Did the first week of 531 squat. 65%5 75%5 and then 85% amap. I ended up doing 12 reps with 355. 13 would have been an estimated max of a little over 505. I just really didn't trust my spotter, and wasn't sure how many I needed.

Afterwards I felt like complete dog crap. Decided to go real light on the boring but big part. Did a set of 10 with 135, but still felt sick. So I stopped doing squats.

Did an ELECT set off seated leg curls. Then I decided to go home.

They kept it way too cold. When I do legs with that unnatural cold air I always end up feeling sick. I was drenched with sweat and my head was pounding.

Also did 3 sets of sumo deadlifts to warm up.

My upper back is still very sore from Thursday.

Supposed to meet up with a new girl tomorrow. I swear when it rains it pours. She is a bit too mouthy for my taste. She said she thought I was a douche before she messaged me.

4. Holy crap. 625. Once upon a time my Max dead was 520 but LONG ago. Very impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    RIP Ryan, :(

5. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401
    Holy crap. 625. Once upon a time my Max dead was 520 but LONG ago. Very impressive

Jesus!!!
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    Holy crap. 625. Once upon a time my Max dead was 520 but LONG ago. Very impressive

NSCA - CSCS

7. Ya seriously way to steal my thunder Heidi haha. That is some crazy weight.

8. Was a LONG time ago when I was young and powerlifting. Lol.

9. Great lift Tom!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

10. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    Was a LONG time ago when I was young and powerlifting. Lol.

Still cant take it away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Great lift Tom!
    Thanks man. Didnt feel too bad.

Shoulders yesterday felt about the same as usual. Hard to really progress with ELECT sets. Just seem to be maintaining and slowly progressing. Never really making big noticeable strides. My arms did swell up pretty nicely. Vein in my biceps was bigger than normal.

Today was the fun day... BACK!

I got people to help load the plates for deadlift. 2 people this time so less time to pause. ELECT set so 3 reps add weight and GO! 185,305,425,475, and then I did 525 for 1 rep. I havent gone for the 5th set really.
    ELECT underhand bb row felt damn good. Really make sure to hit them good.

Got out of order a bit. Did shrugs with DBs which just sucks to me. Then did close grip upright rows and bb shrugs.

Underhand lat pulldowns
    ELECT wide grip high pulley rows.

Bent over lateral raise tried to take the big muscles out.

Flat DB press 120s for 9,8

Yesterday didnt feel quite all that hungry during my back load. Just felt like I was force feeding. Today hunger is back to being strong. Hopefully get plenty of sleep tonight.

11. Nice work on those ELECT deads.

Just wanted to pop in a little heads up for the logging opportunity BPS has going on right now in case you are someone else is interested.

We have a logging opportunity for BPS Dermacrine going on right now! We licensed the OG Dermacrine from PP and then put it in an improved carrier like what is used in Formasurge.

Anyone interested in running this already proven product go here and put in an app. BPS Dermacrine Logging Opp
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

12. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Nice work on those ELECT deads.

Just wanted to pop in a little heads up for the logging opportunity BPS has going on right now in case you are someone else is interested.

We have a logging opportunity for BPS Dermacrine going on right now! We licensed the OG Dermacrine from PP and then put it in an improved carrier like what is used in Formasurge.

Anyone interested in running this already proven product go here and put in an app. BPS Dermacrine Logging Opp
    Thanks, they take quite a bit of work. Do a 3 second negative and explode up. So much easier when you have people helping load the weight too.,

Nice logging opportunity. I wish I could give it a go. Running the Eviscerate Smolder plus I have some Titanium XL and Licogenix coming from up north. Some lucky loggers are going to have fun. I liked the original Dermacrine just wasn't a big fan of the carrier. Interested to see the kind of carrier BPS is using.

I have 2 nice days of rest ahead of me. Supposed to hang out with Brianne today. See if she is a big pain in the butt or not haha. She keeps saying she doubts we will hang out. I am going to hang out with Rachel again this weekend. Rachel is going to try out some recipe and I am looking forward to trying it. Got to like a girl who cooks and bakes.

13. This CBL stuff looks sweet, sadly I only made it to page 4 so far. Enjoying this read and log, you are an ox man. goodluck on gettin the deadlift to 700. You can do it. It's as much in your head as your body. I am working my way back up to the higher weights so you can be my inspiration if you make it to your goal first. Which you almost definitely will.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

14. Have fun with the women.

15. I have a bad feeling about my left knee...

16. Did something happen or are you anticipating something happening?
    NSCA - CSCS

17. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    Have fun with the women.

I have kind of blown off 2 of them. Only really talking to Rachel now.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Did something happen or are you anticipating something happening?
    I did legs last night. Got 380 for 10 reps on squats. Didnt feel bad yesterday, but today my left knee has been bothering me. Got out of the van and I felt a shooting pain. Started to feel like my knee was getting warm. Felt like something was wrong. It has calmed down now. Just been acting up lately which is not the norm for me.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I did legs last night. Got 380 for 10 reps on squats. Didnt feel bad yesterday, but today my left knee has been bothering me. Got out of the van and I felt a shooting pain. Started to feel like my knee was getting warm. Felt like something was wrong. It has calmed down now. Just been acting up lately which is not the norm for me.
    Serious squatting bruther
    You taking any joint supplements of now? Cissus should do the trick is the knee's start acting up
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com

19. I will post more later but just want to say that deadlifts can cure anything including back pain haha.

Also if people have been evicted or skip out expect it to be nasty as hell.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88
    I will post more later but just want to say that deadlifts can cure anything including back pain haha.

Also if people have been evicted or skip out expect it to be nasty as hell.
    Killing it man! Eat your cake!
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

21. Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    Killing it man! Eat your cake!
    No cake today, but I had 2 glazed donuts that I topped with caramel. Got to like a girl who can cook/bake.

Alright so a bunch of random ramblings here.

Basically work was pretty good today. Up until about an hour before it was time to go. A family got evicted and we had to take their trash to the curb. If someone gets evicted/skips out basically assume the place is going to be nasty. Place was freaking filthy. The power was out and food was left in the fridge. I need a gas mask to clean that thing out. It would have done wonders as an appetite suppressant.

Still not really progressing on the weights for shoulders. Tend to do about the same amount of weight each workout. I am thinking I need to be a little more vigilant about tracking my numbers. Got kind of lax on it after switching programs.

Yesterday and today I had some bad pain on my left lat. Idk how to describe it but it was sharp pain not constant. It hurt to get up or even lay down to go to sleep. Even though I was in pain I decided to go lift. Today was back haha. I am either stupid or smart. Because doing deadlifts seemed to really help. Only did speed pull sets of 3 with 405. Ended up doing 6 sets with about 30 second rests. I used a belt and found out the belly has grown. Had to go on 3 notches instead of the recent regular 4.
    Did ELECT tbar rows which was a mistake. Ended up going too light. Luckily for me my belly was in the way so much I couldnt tap my balls.
    Threw in 2 sets of DB pullovers since I havent been doing them for chest.
    The rest of the workout was pretty much as scheduled. Just wanted to mix it up a bit.

Alright I knew I shouldnt have looked but curiousity got the best of me. Idk if anybody remembers but I went on a date with this girl nikki. Thought it went well and then she sent a text the next day "not interested." Not sure if anyone saw it, but I posted about how I thought she might be racist. Eventually I kind of dismissed it as a gut reaction because I mean what girl wouldnt like me? All kidding aside I was on POF and decided to give her profile a once over again. I guess I had a hell of an impact because after "please no blacks" she added Chinese too haha. That is how awesome I am I guess. Idk if you have noticed but there is a TON of Chinese people in the world haha. I saw it and figured I would share.

22. where you at tom tom?

23. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    where you at tom tom?
    I know I have been slacking on the updates. Been busier than usual. Plus it doesnt seem like many are following anyway.

I dont plan on going back. So I will just start from todays workout and all. Before that though I just want to say I will be back to training solo. My friend Mario is being station(AF) in South Korea. Sucks having a good friend like that leave. Hopefully keep in touch with him. So today was our last time lifting together(at least for a good while).

Shoulders and triceps, the shortest of my work outs(usually).
    Elect shoulder press went about the same as usual. Gym got new bars that are weird.
    Elect upright rows good like usual.

DB side lateral raise 45s and 40s for 3 sets of 8 reps

531 Press ended up doing 85% 90% and 95% of 185 training max. Last set was 175 for 7 reps. Didnt do very well on this today. Kind of rushed myself and wasnt ready mentally when I did this. Not completely terrible but definitely lacking.

ELECT floor press

Then the best part of the workout haha. It was SHOWTIME! A friend(Jason) of mine tried to deadlift 565 but couldnt. This other guy(Chris) I know was talking to him. After Jason failed Chris decided to give it a shot cold. My workout partner(Mario) and I had to take a seat. He put on his straps and went for it. He got it up to about his knees and was shaking like hell in the stiff leg position. My workout partner says he was dancing like a stripper haha. I start doing the making it rain sign. We are busting out laughing. Then Chris decides to try it AGAIN. This time there are more people watching. I mean the whole side of the gym is watching and it is pretty full. Exact same thing happens haha. He is shaking like a damn stripper haha. After he is done I walk over and tap him on the shoulder and say excuse me. Then proceed to pick it up without warming up, without a belt, and without chalk. Then walk off and carry on with my workout. Haha it was a good laugh.

Then off to dips 2 sets of 12 with a 45 attached.

Overhead cable triceps ext.

Finished off with 3 sets of concentration curls.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88

I know I have been slacking on the updates. Been busier than usual. Plus it doesnt seem like many are following anyway.

I dont plan on going back. So I will just start from todays workout and all. Before that though I just want to say I will be back to training solo. My friend Mario is being station(AF) in South Korea. Sucks having a good friend like that leave. Hopefully keep in touch with him. So today was our last time lifting together(at least for a good while).

Shoulders and triceps, the shortest of my work outs(usually).
    Elect shoulder press went about the same as usual. Gym got new bars that are weird.
    Elect upright rows good like usual.

DB side lateral raise 45s and 40s for 3 sets of 8 reps

531 Press ended up doing 85% 90% and 95% of 185 training max. Last set was 175 for 7 reps. Didnt do very well on this today. Kind of rushed myself and wasnt ready mentally when I did this. Not completely terrible but definitely lacking.

ELECT floor press

Then the best part of the workout haha. It was SHOWTIME! A friend(Jason) of mine tried to deadlift 565 but couldnt. This other guy(Chris) I know was talking to him. After Jason failed Chris decided to give it a shot cold. My workout partner(Mario) and I had to take a seat. He put on his straps and went for it. He got it up to about his knees and was shaking like hell in the stiff leg position. My workout partner says he was dancing like a stripper haha. I start doing the making it rain sign. We are busting out laughing. Then Chris decides to try it AGAIN. This time there are more people watching. I mean the whole side of the gym is watching and it is pretty full. Exact same thing happens haha. He is shaking like a damn stripper haha. After he is done I walk over and tap him on the shoulder and say excuse me. Then proceed to pick it up without warming up, without a belt, and without chalk. Then walk off and carry on with my workout. Haha it was a good laugh.

Then off to dips 2 sets of 12 with a 45 attached.

Overhead cable triceps ext.

Finished off with 3 sets of concentration curls.
    I gotcha buddy... well the ladies can distract us sometimes

but yeah... on my log log I feel like im talking to myself also lol...

25. Nice deadlift pimp hand story.
    NSCA - CSCS

26. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311
    Nice deadlift pimp hand story.
    Try and look bad ass on deadlifts and I will put them in their place haha. Like I said there was an audience.

27. Racist people suck. And the girl sounds not worth it. Nice deadlift story. What are they guys like, do they actually have some size to them like you? Lol
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

28. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Racist people suck. And the girl sounds not worth it. Nice deadlift story. What are they guys like, do they actually have some size to them like you? Lol
    Ya she already had some hate in her heart. Just added another group to the list. To be honest when I first saw her I was disappointed anyway. Had a lot of high angle pics if you know what I mean. Although it actually worked out for the best. Before her I didnt message that many girls. After that crap I decided to send like 20 messages one night. One of those messages was to Rachel. Things happen for a reason I guess.

Oh ya the guys werent small. The first guy Jason did his first powerlifting meet a month or so back in the 275 weight class. The other guy I am not too sure. He is probably 220ish or so. It was clear he had no business trying it though.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88

Ya she already had some hate in her heart. Just added another group to the list. To be honest when I first saw her I was disappointed anyway. Had a lot of high angle pics if you know what I mean. Although it actually worked out for the best. Before her I didnt message that many girls. After that crap I decided to send like 20 messages one night. One of those messages was to Rachel. Things happen for a reason I guess.

Oh ya the guys werent small. The first guy Jason did his first powerlifting meet a month or so back in the 275 weight class. The other guy I am not too sure. He is probably 220ish or so. It was clear he had no business trying it though.
    Yeah, girls can be nuts at time I swear no figuring them out. Goodluck with Rachel now

Haha, alright well they have no excuse. I have these guys like 150 pounds sticks in mind who REAlLY had no business touching tht. It takes crazy training to attempt weight over 500 in deadlift, I know. and it really doesn't matter how "big" you are or think you are for that matter. Guys make me laugh.

30. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin

Yeah, girls can be nuts at time I swear no figuring them out. Goodluck with Rachel now

Haha, alright well they have no excuse. I have these guys like 150 pounds sticks in mind who REAlLY had no business touching tht. It takes crazy training to attempt weight over 500 in deadlift, I know. and it really doesn't matter how "big" you are or think you are for that matter. Guys make me laugh.
    Amen to that. Thanks she is definitely into me big time. Last night she met me at the gym to give me brownies.

Still talking to other girls for now though. Just keeping my options open for now. But if we start dating that will stop. Just want to make sure before I cut them off.

Oh ya some people make me wonder.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
  3. Cup Cake Batter protein.