Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 10 of 34 First ... 89101112 ... Last

  1. I am thinking about a round 3 with the pot roast. Probably some more ice cream also. Not sure what else though. 3 nice big carb meals tonight. Probably should use this kind of back loading on chest and biceps day haha.

    Just got off the phone with Rachel(the baker). I am happy to announce she doesnt have a horrible voice or a Beavis and Butthead laugh.


  2. Dude, pink tacos and pot roast sounds like a good combo...LOL
    I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.
    OG AVENGER
    •   
       


  3. So I didnt really think about it, but that pool party is on father's day. Wondering how that will affect the turn out.

  4. I wasnt planning on posting quite yet, but it is some pretty crazy stuff.

    Today doing squats(531) my final set was 360 for 9 reps. Which is an estimated max of 467. Last time I did squat I did 340 for 10 reps. I am thinking all the extra squats are helping. Cant get better at them if you never do them.

    Finished the workout with leg press and leg curls. Also did the ab wheel and wood choppers.

    Alright the other big thing(pun). I checked my weight after my workout. Got on the scale with shoes on and weighted 240! It doesnt look like I have added any fat. I mean seriously I look leaner. My muscles are clearly bigger. Was not expecting that kind of weight when I stepped on the scale. It wasnt exactly the ideal to check legitimate weight, but still came as a surprise. Been hitting the Carb Back Loads pretty hard lately. So no question it is possible to gain muscle on this diet. I will have to tweak it for dropping fat faster though. Like I said I have definitely lost fat.

  5. Hmmm... I'm in to see how this treats you and watch progress brother!
    Nutra-Innovations Rep
    PM me with any product questions!
    Use Code AMINDS15 - 15% Off
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by tallguy34 View Post
    Hmmm... I'm in to see how this treats you and watch progress brother!
    Well so far all I have done is drop body fat and gain muscle. I swear I wish I would have taken pics. Did record some videos, but those are going to stay private haha. Strength is going up very nicely. Seems like my squat is going up. Which is definitely something I am aiming for now. Dont want it to hold me back so much if I do compete in a powerlifting meet.

    My goal weight if I decide to do a powerlifting meet is the 220 weight class. So that would mean some weight needs to be lost haha. Plus I am pretty sure this federation does the whole weigh in the day of the meet.

  7. What's your weight at now? Are you going more for the Stan Efferding build where he is also a bodybuilder or the more traditional power lifter build?
    Nutra-Innovations Rep
    PM me with any product questions!
    Use Code AMINDS15 - 15% Off

  8. Oh! Haha. Nevermind, 240! I see it now! Right under my nose!
    Nutra-Innovations Rep
    PM me with any product questions!
    Use Code AMINDS15 - 15% Off

  9. Quote Originally Posted by tallguy34 View Post
    What's your weight at now? Are you going more for the Stan Efferding build where he is also a bodybuilder or the more traditional power lifter build?
    Well I wouldnt really say it is 240. That was at about 9pm and post workout. I kill A LOT of water while lifting. Plus I took Glycergrow which seems to really make me hold the water while lifting. I swear I can gain about 2 pounds while using it. So 240 is probably the most I could weigh.

    I mean it is still kind of up in the air. Dont ever see myself ever being all that serious in either sport. With that said I love to lift "heavy" weight, but I dont want to look like garbage. Also I dont like the idea of ever being considered "normal" either.

    So it came to me why I gained so much weight recently. I basically got rid of my all day fat burning days and added muscle building days. Before I was lifting and carb back loading 4 days a week with 3 days of ultra low carbing. Lately I have been carb backling 5 and 6 times a week. Which means less days where I am relying on fat as a fuel source.

    What I am going to have to do is figure a way to make this work for me. I have been enjoying the extra squat day. Plus I seem to be benefitting from it. What I might do is just do the 531 squat and core on Wednesday. If I only do that I wont carb back load. Kind of like the idea of getting closer to 220 now.

    Supposed to be testing out a new lifting program from the guy who came up with this diet soon. Hoping it comes out soon because it is supposed to really help on bench. That is also another weakness of mine.

    The next lifting program on my list is Wendler's 531. Do one of the templates with a decent amount of accessory lifts. Probably carb back load as normal the first 3 weeks of each cycle. Then on the deload week do ultra low carb. Should make for a nice way to drop weight.

  10. That's pretty interesting brother.

    I was looking at Wendlers 5/3/1 as well. I never max though, I'm not a power lifter and for me I don't really need to know how much I can lift one time. Lol. However with that being said, Wendlers program does bring the added benefit of mass which as you know is what I'm going for. Well, lean mass. Lol. I'm currently trying to figure out a happy medium between lifting for mass and using Crossfit to remain lean. The concept behind it is that lifting for mass will allow me to keep getting stronger while the Crossfit would allow me to remain functional with my strength and gain some of the functional explosive power that sport is know for.
    Nutra-Innovations Rep
    PM me with any product questions!
    Use Code AMINDS15 - 15% Off

  11. Quote Originally Posted by tallguy34 View Post
    That's pretty interesting brother.

    I was looking at Wendlers 5/3/1 as well. I never max though, I'm not a power lifter and for me I don't really need to know how much I can lift one time. Lol. However with that being said, Wendlers program does bring the added benefit of mass which as you know is what I'm going for. Well, lean mass. Lol. I'm currently trying to figure out a happy medium between lifting for mass and using Crossfit to remain lean. The concept behind it is that lifting for mass will allow me to keep getting stronger while the Crossfit would allow me to remain functional with my strength and gain some of the functional explosive power that sport is know for.
    Ya I will probably end up changing my mind again soon haha.

    Well with Wendlers 531 you dont ever really max. You just use a formula to come up with a 1 rep max IE 360*9*0.0333+360=468. I did 9 reps as my "heavy" set. It is definitely a program worth looking into.

    I wont really comment on crossfit. Just that it isnt for me and isnt for this diet.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Ya I will probably end up changing my mind again soon haha.

    Well with Wendlers 531 you dont ever really max. You just use a formula to come up with a 1 rep max IE 360*9*0.0333+360=468. I did 9 reps as my "heavy" set. It is definitely a program worth looking into.

    I wont really comment on crossfit. Just that it isnt for me and isnt for this diet.
    I love 5/3/1 ;p its awesome , try it sometime Tommy , and yeah...bro all I gotta say is this, a quote from a wise man:

    "Friends don't let friends CrossFit" ! So smart man Tommy ;p...as for the party...shame on you, you were counting the amount of pen1s that was gonna be invited...and yeah why the heck not ask: "Hey excuse me ladies, mind hugging each other while I take a pick for my internet friends? They are currently bashing me for counting the amount of Frankfurts invited to this party as opposed to the total amount of Melons we would be having for dinner!"
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Ya I will probably end up changing my mind again soon haha.

    Well with Wendlers 531 you dont ever really max. You just use a formula to come up with a 1 rep max IE 360*9*0.0333+360=468. I did 9 reps as my "heavy" set. It is definitely a program worth looking into.

    I wont really comment on crossfit. Just that it isnt for me and isnt for this diet.
    Well, with the job I'm going for I have to remain functional which is why the Crossfit is in there. Plus I find it a better cardio workout than say the treadmill or elliptical and in less time. I know most people on the boards aren't very supportive of Crossfit. A lot of people who lift like we do don't like it because its change. Its outside of the norm, which is fine. I'm not bagging on anyone that looks down on it. My fitness goals are more akin to those of say a Running Back or Full Back than a bodybuilder or powerlifter. Size coupled with explosive power is what I'm going for.
    Nutra-Innovations Rep
    PM me with any product questions!
    Use Code AMINDS15 - 15% Off

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I love 5/3/1 ;p its awesome , try it sometime Tommy , and yeah...bro all I gotta say is this, a quote from a wise man:

    "Friends don't let friends CrossFit" ! So smart man Tommy ;p...as for the party...shame on you, you were counting the amount of pen1s that was gonna be invited...and yeah why the heck not ask: "Hey excuse me ladies, mind hugging each other while I take a pick for my internet friends? They are currently bashing me for counting the amount of Frankfurts invited to this party as opposed to the total amount of Melons we would be having for dinner!"
    Well I am doing 531 routines just not full out 531 right now. Like my extra squat/leg day Wednesday was a regular 531 squat day. Maybe in the future I will do a full 531 program. Just now working on this as this seems to be going well.

    To be honest it is looking like no girls are going to show. Just because you invite a bunch of girls doesnt mean a lot of girls are going to show. Not sure if I plan on taking that calculated risk or not yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by tallguy34 View Post
    Well, with the job I'm going for I have to remain functional which is why the Crossfit is in there. Plus I find it a better cardio workout than say the treadmill or elliptical and in less time. I know most people on the boards aren't very supportive of Crossfit. A lot of people who lift like we do don't like it because its change. Its outside of the norm, which is fine. I'm not bagging on anyone that looks down on it. My fitness goals are more akin to those of say a Running Back or Full Back than a bodybuilder or powerlifter. Size coupled with explosive power is what I'm going for.
    If it works for you more power to you. Just be careful that is all I ask. It can be dangerous as a lot of things we do are.

    So my workout today was pretty simple. Just a good chest and bicep workout.

    Felt strong on my incline and decline ELECT sets. Decided to be a little more aggressive when it came to upping the weights between each set. I think I have been wearing myself out a little too much before I get to heavier weight.

    Went lighter on the DB pullover. Wanted to focus on my lats to really give me something to balance on for bench.

    Decided to only do 285 for my bench. It was 2 pause presses. Nice solid reps without too much difficulty. Want to make sure I pause.

    Lat pull downs, nothing too special just working those lats and warming up biceps.

    ELECT BB curls felt easier than usual today. Decided to finish with a rep out. Had to use close grip lat pulldowns instead of chin ups today.

    Used the 40s for hammer curls today and it was with as much ease as you can with fat gripz.

    Finished off with some fat gripz on rope tricep ext.

    Left the gym feeling HUGE. Upper body was just filled out. It is clear I am gaining muscle. Going to make sure to keep my carb back load night to just 2 meals. Had a few times where I fed 3 times and that is just a bit too much I think. I like gaining, but it was getting a little crazy.

    Also got some free ACE personal training study material from my aunt. So I will be doing quite a bit of reading.

  15. Just saw these on facebook and thought I would share:

    Name:  superfatty.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  104.6 KB

  16. I think they are a little... small...
    Nutra-Innovations Rep
    PM me with any product questions!
    Use Code AMINDS15 - 15% Off

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88
    Just saw these on facebook and thought I would share:

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=59 826"/>
    Awww hell the blue ones torch my forearm as it is I don't think I could imagine what the orange ones would do 6.6
    It is not the kind of car you drive. It is whether you can flip it.

  18. I use to own the blue ones, but those orange ones look like you'd need NBA sized hands to work with.
    NSCA - CSCS

  19. Quote Originally Posted by farmtireguy View Post
    Awww hell the blue ones torch my forearm as it is I don't think I could imagine what the orange ones would do 6.6
    Ya I am finally getting a little used to the blue ones. Getting my strength back up to "normal" I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I use to own the blue ones, but those orange ones look like you'd need NBA sized hands to work with.
    Ya I think these were made for Brock Lesnar and company haha.

  20. my tiny hands.... wouldnt happen....

  21. Alright so this weekend I met up with 2 different girls... both at Starbucks haha. First girl it didnt go so well. Should have had the caption "objects may appear larger in person" haha. I am not the most shallow guy in the world, but she did look bigger. Just wasnt really clicking either. Didnt hurt my feelings all that much to be honest. Second girl actually looked like her pics haha. She is pretty cute so it was good. Ended up talking to her for almost 3 hours. Plus to top it off she brought me a BRICK of pound cake. She is real big into cooking and baking so that is definitely a plus. I ended up eating that brick of pound cake in a few hours haha. That stuff was amazing. So I will probably be seeing her again soon.

    It is feeling like I am getting pretty run down this all these workouts. After this week I am probably going to take a deload week. Just going to use the 531 deload set up. Feeling a little banged up plus I am way more tired than I should be. I am getting good amount of sleep, but still wanting naps during the day plus I am drinking coffee. On top of that my body is feeling worn out.

    Today I did have a good workout though. Ended up doing press 165 for 9 reps. Shoulders felt good, but it does feel like I might have pinched something. Getting that old familar feeling. Triceps got a nice workout. Did some pin presses that are very nice. Dips seem to be getting easier attached a 45 to myself. Finished with standing concentration curl. Last exercise always seems to steal the pump haha.

    Started my workout in the tanning bed haha. Might help add some color and clear up a bit of acne.

    Slow cooked some ribs tonight. Probably cooked a total of 11 hours. Cant even describe them as fall off the bone. Went to pick it up by the bone and the bone came away like the meat wasnt even there. So damn good.

  22. Sounds like you hit it off with the second girl. You plan on seeing her again soon?

    I'm also doing a deload this week.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  23. Votums CABO Reformation o.0 PP/USP Supps used

    Hey friend. Been awhile, in.

    Also visit me please.

    Also I have the blue fat grips. They suck. In in a good way

  24. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Sounds like you hit it off with the second girl. You plan on seeing her again soon?

    I'm also doing a deload this week.
    Ya seems to be going pretty well with her. Ya should be seeing her again soon. Hopefully this weekend we can do something. Right now she is doing an internship about an hour away and comes home on the weekends.

    It will be my first deload since starting back in like March. Didnt really feel like I needed one till now. Dragging ass way too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by votum View Post
    Votums CABO Reformation o.0 PP/USP Supps used

    Hey friend. Been awhile, in.

    Also visit me please.

    Also I have the blue fat grips. They suck. In in a good way
    Welcome back bud. Just subbed in there a little bit ago.

    Ya they take some getting used to, but they definitely help with the grip. How much did you end up deadlifting btw?

  25. LOL you are the deadlift champ.

    405 was my max, all natural no belt. My back didn't look very nice though lol. Never liked dragging that much weight up my legs and figured long as I took it slow I wouldnt hurt anything. And I didn't

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Just saw these on facebook and thought I would share:

    Name:  superfatty.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  104.6 KB
    I've seen them before, always wanted to try them, but I have very small hands for how big and tall I am! I do have a strong grip because I own the entire set of Captains of Crush and can close the #2 like 3-4 times, but still canot close the 2.5 even once, much less anything higher!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  27. I wish there was a way to get a test boost WITHOUT the extra libido. At some point it is just a big pain. Oh added in Post Cycle Support(Stoked) and TestoPro. Dosing them later in the day. Usually first dose around workout time and then 2nd dose with last carb meal. Figure that is when I want to be anabolic. Hope that makes some kind of sense.

    Also going to a little get together tonight. Supposed to be girls but we all know how that goes. Not getting my hopes up. Should be killing carbs like a mad man anyway.

  28. 380 for 8 reps on squats tonight which is a 481 estimated max. So it seems like my squat is going up. On another note I swear I was ripping the hell out of my underwear on the first few reps. Checked them and they were unharmed. Kind of wondering what the noise was now.

  29. Hey man I am totally new user here, and I just read through your whole log. Really impressive I must say, and I love the detail you put into it all. I stumbled upon this CBL diet last night and I have been reading up on it ever since. Man is it ever making me interested in Chemistry and Biology! haha. I am really debating starting it, as I have been on a number counting diet (which is a pain in the ass) the last few months and I have actually went from 200 to 218 since mid March. So I have received great gains and my strength is much higher too, but I want to lean up and try to become a solid 215 or higher eventually. Seems like this diet can do that and do it a lot easier too!

    I don't want to put out the money for the book just yet and I have not been successful to find one just 'laying' around ;], but I was curious... Is there ANY place for complex carbs in this plan? I mean without them I am just worried I might be losing some of the nutrients they provide. Also, I know eating green leafy veges during the day is ok, but how much fibre could you take in PreWO?

    Lastly, during the carb-up portion, how low should you keep your fat to carb ratio, 15%?

    Subbing for sure man, and I can't wait to start this, may run a log too.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Tilm View Post
    Hey man I am totally new user here, and I just read through your whole log. Really impressive I must say, and I love the detail you put into it all. I stumbled upon this CBL diet last night and I have been reading up on it ever since. Man is it ever making me interested in Chemistry and Biology! haha. I am really debating starting it, as I have been on a number counting diet (which is a pain in the ass) the last few months and I have actually went from 200 to 218 since mid March. So I have received great gains and my strength is much higher too, but I want to lean up and try to become a solid 215 or higher eventually. Seems like this diet can do that and do it a lot easier too!

    I don't want to put out the money for the book just yet and I have not been successful to find one just 'laying' around ;], but I was curious... Is there ANY place for complex carbs in this plan? I mean without them I am just worried I might be losing some of the nutrients they provide. Also, I know eating green leafy veges during the day is ok, but how much fibre could you take in PreWO?

    Lastly, during the carb-up portion, how low should you keep your fat to carb ratio, 15%?

    Subbing for sure man, and I can't wait to start this, may run a log too.
    Ya it might be hard to find a downloadable one. Hasnt been out long. You can have the complex carbs just reason it can compromise your gains. The reasoning behind avoiding them is so insulin levels can lower. That way you get the GH spike at night. So I guess the least worst time to take complex carbs in is early in the carb backload. The only problem then is you might not be getting the insulin spike to shuttle in the nutrients. There is no real limit on fiber preworkout. Just have to worry about the other carbs that come along with the greens. Fiber doesnt get included in the under 30 ultra low carb portion of the day.

    I dont track my fat during my carb back loads. I dont go out of my way to get in extra fat, but it isnt something I avoid. For instance I will choose apple fritters over chocolate eclairs. The reason is because they both have 12 grams of fat, but the fritter has almost 60 grams of carbs where the eclair only has 24.

    Definitely let me know if you have more questions. I am no expert, but I am willing to try and help out.

    Got some food last night. Ended up with 60oz of bacon haha. Put a little dent in it last night. Will be having more soon. Should come in handy next week. Planning on doing ultra low carb all week during my deload week. Should be a great way to cut a little pudge.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 04:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 03:08 PM
  3. Cup Cake Batter protein.
    By Liftergym33 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 10:22 PM
  4. Cake Problem!
    By RoidRageX10 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 04:02 AM
  5. Kitty Litter Cake
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum Recipes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Log in
Log in