Lifting Heavy every single day - LOG

Page 7 of 7 First ... 567

1. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    You may really like doing Bulgarian split squats then. When I started doing them, I couldn't sit down very easily. My glutes were more sore than they've ever been.

You can do them with your forward foot elevated on a platform too, so that you can get even more depth. They are a brutal assistance excercise, especially if done with walking barbell lunges.

Recently I've started hitting the GHR hard, multiple times per week, weighted for fewer reps and unweighted for high reps. I'm going to pick up ankle weights this weekend as well, since I want to start doing weighted leg curls. All it takes are 5 pound weights on each ankle, hang off the edge of your bed and do 100 leg curls per side, everyday before bed. Will only take up 10min of time or so. Read this tip on T-Nation I think.

Split squats are great, whether its pitcher/bulgarian or traditional. They always leave my adductors sore the first time I put them back in my program.

Another idea is some good single leg RDL's.

Br

2. I did some extra work today with the glutes and hammys (earlier). And i can feel the power it gives you. Just wondering if since i really underutelized my glutes and hammys (ob. squat helped, but little to no direct stimulation.. do you think this will impact my squats and deads to a great extent? or will it just bump it up a bit?

also is a GHR worth it. machine? or can i skip it?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    Split squats are great, whether its pitcher/bulgarian or traditional. They always leave my adductors sore the first time I put them back in my program.

Another idea is some good single leg RDL's.

Br
    that is a good idea..hmmmm. interesting.. lot of things ive been missing.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will View Post
    I did some extra work today with the glutes and hammys (earlier). And i can feel the power it gives you. Just wondering if since i really underutelized my glutes and hammys (ob. squat helped, but little to no direct stimulation.. do you think this will impact my squats and deads to a great extent? or will it just bump it up a bit?

also is a GHR worth it. machine? or can i skip it?
    To have in your house a GHR is more than worth it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Roniboney View Post
    To have in your house a GHR is more than worth it.
    will it benefit me so much to the point of spending hundreds of dollars on it? Im ok with having good benefit with other exercises, but if it does more than i would think (like a very good effect) than i am willing to buy it to improve performance. im just not gonna want to buy it, and have it do minimal work for my body.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will View Post
    will it benefit me so much to the point of spending hundreds of dollars on it? Im ok with having good benefit with other exercises, but if it does more than i would think (like a very good effect) than i am willing to buy it to improve performance. im just not gonna want to buy it, and have it do minimal work for my body.
    I don't know how you'll react to it.Nobody does.Its a chance you take.You said you wanted to join a powerlifitng gym.Do that then and use the GHR along with your training.If you like it then buy one for your home.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Roniboney View Post
    I don't know how you'll react to it.Nobody does.Its a chance you take.You said you wanted to join a powerlifitng gym.Do that then and use the GHR along with your training.If you like it then buy one for your home.
    how often do you think using a GHR machine would work? 6 days a week? high reps? added weight?I know i might not be able to do it well at first, but what your opinion on volume?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will View Post
    how often do you think using a GHR machine would work? 6 days a week? high reps? added weight?I know i might not be able to do it well at first, but what your opinion on volume?
    maybe 2-3 times a week.BWis very hard at first so go with that.Mix it up between BW and weighted when you adapt.I personally love them but SLDL are a close 2nd for me

9. You don't need to buy a ghr machine. Other supplemental lifts will benefit you just as well. I got up to a deadlift of 550 for 5x5 raw and never used a ghr machine. You are much farther along than I was at your age.

10. GHR is king. Love doing sets on the GHR after deads, then hitting SLDL for reps. Best way to hit your hams imo. I wouldn't substitute the GHR for anything now that I'm doing them. What I like most about the GHR machine, is that you can hit your posterior chain HARD without stress to your lower back. If it was elevated, you can also do hypers on it.
    •   

11. You can do glute hams from the floor if you have somewhere to hook your feet/keep them down. Not as ideal, but free.

12. Quote Originally Posted by mattsams89 View Post
    You can do glute hams from the floor if you have somewhere to hook your feet/keep them down. Not as ideal, but free.
    they hurt like crap though from the floor.But if he can then ye do it

13. Quote Originally Posted by Roniboney

they hurt like crap though from the floor.But if he can then ye do it
    Like I said, not ideal. Haha. They require a little upper body to get going normally.

14. I just made a device. Its one that this guys shows:

Its different from his with no wood, but it works, tried it with a couple 45 and i could feel a deep burn in my hammys. Right now Good mornings, this machine i made, and just some hip ups with my feet on my rolling ball are the things that seem the be hitting them the most. Most likely gonna try to start my new program next Monday so just getting everything ready,

15. Interesting. Does it effectively hit hip extension as well? I can see his hips extending to some degree, but how much does it hit your glutes?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will View Post
    I just made a device. Its one that this guys shows:

Its different from his with no wood, but it works, tried it with a couple 45 and i could feel a deep burn in my hammys. Right now Good mornings, this machine i made, and just some hip ups with my feet on my rolling ball are the things that seem the be hitting them the most. Most likely gonna try to start my new program next Monday so just getting everything ready,
    We use something similar up at school, except the feet are placed on a 25 or 45 lb plate and then that plate is placed on a slide board. There's no dynamic glute/hip extension work in it. Its all a bridge and then the hamstrings flexing the knee. Very similar to swiss ball leg curls.

br

17. Just wanted to give a little update as i haven't said much in a while. I still train daily, but im doing different types of things ect...

I just deadlifted 500 the other day for a max. then i missed the video.The 2nd video i got but it isn't full. So i hit it for 2 max singles. Ive been working more hammy/glutes and i think thats been helping me. I dropped the squat down and am just working low 400's right now for reps. Im just improving but slowing down on purpose so i don't run into any problems ect..

Im also adding in some other cool training methods.. They are fun. Some things you guys would probably laugh at but i feel like i am more balanced and in more control of my body. Just still trying to figure out what im gonna do sports wise.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will
    Just wanted to give a little update as i haven't said much in a while. I still train daily, but im doing different types of things ect...

I just deadlifted 500 the other day for a max. then i missed the video.The 2nd video i got but it isn't full. So i hit it for 2 max singles. Ive been working more hammy/glutes and i think thats been helping me. I dropped the squat down and am just working low 400's right now for reps. Im just improving but slowing down on purpose so i don't run into any problems ect..

Im also adding in some other cool training methods.. They are fun. Some things you guys would probably laugh at but i feel like i am more balanced and in more control of my body. Just still trying to figure out what im gonna do sports wise.
    Check out my new PR pimp juice!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7yyi...e_gdata_player

19. The ham/glute work will pay off big time
    Man u will see!!! Keep up the hard work!

20. Btw when I was ur age I could barely deadlift 400 lbs!!! Of course my routine back then sucked!

21. Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo View Post
    looks like youve become a man. lifting heavy **** now i see? Thats a good pr. Right now, im dropping the heavy lifting for a month. I know it sounds crazy, but im starting to add some size on. I think my endurance is low and my size is not good enough to get much higher with continuing to do heavy every day. So my goal right now is to do 315 for 3 sets of 20 with 1 minute rest in between. Its tough right now considering after 5 reps, i start to die with lactic acid. after that, i will continue on my way to 600.

22. Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo View Post
    Nice deadlift PR, I saw your squat vids, why the bench and not a box at parallel?

23. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321

Nice deadlift PR, I saw your squat vids, why the bench and not a box at parallel?
    I just haven't spent the money to get a low box yet, those box squats suck I thought I was pausing a little longer. I guess that's a good reason to record yourself!

24. Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo View Post
    I just haven't spent the money to get a low box yet, those box squats suck I thought I was pausing a little longer. I guess that's a good reason to record yourself!
    I just stack plates or use a really low box and add plates to height. And you dont have to pause super long on box squats.

Similar Forum Threads

1. ::: bLacKjAcK's Lifting Heavy Log :::
    By bLacKjAck. in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 05:36 AM
  2. Single Best Song for lifting.
    By planetfuzz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 10:11 AM
  3. Lifting heavy while dieting...
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6