Sweetlou's training log

Page 40 of 63 First ... 3839404142 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Your post cut off? It just says joker with no joker set
    Edited lol stupid phone

2. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Edited lol stupid phone
    Nice man, looks like you had a hell of a workout today. Solid OHP numbers too
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a animal, think like a human"-RTS

3. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

Nice man, looks like you had a hell of a workout today. Solid OHP numbers too
    Thanks man, i had more in the tank on the amrap set but around rep 7-8 i always almost pass out. Super light headed.
    •   

4. Been trying a few different pres lately.

Have:
    Maximize intense
    I force conquer
    Katana
    Alphamine
    Jacked micro

So far the only one ive really liked for powerlifting is half a scoop of katana with 12.5mg ephedrine. Ive been using alphamine too but its to subtle and jacks my bp up too. Just an odd energy product. Doesnt affect my appetite either. Tastes awesome. Time to give some of these away before they go bad lol.

5. Katana is the best formula of the bunch, too. I like to keep old PWO and use them as like coffee or rock stars...aka when I need energy outside of working out.

6. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Katana is the best formula of the bunch, too. I like to keep old PWO and use them as like coffee or rock stars...aka when I need energy outside of working out.
    I prefer actual monsters for that honestly. Reason being is all those pres have other fancy stims in them. If i use some caffeine outside of lifting it seems to help keep my adrenals fresher. This is the main reason ive never used a fat burner or anything. Just enough caffeine to get threw work or school then use a pre to lift. Its how ive always been.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    I prefer actual monsters for that honestly. Reason being is all those pres have other fancy stims in them. If i use some caffeine outside of lifting it seems to help keep my adrenals fresher. This is the main reason ive never used a fat burner or anything. Just enough caffeine to get threw work or school then use a pre to lift. Its how ive always been.
    White monster is banging tasting, too. Little on the low end for me but my tolerance is a little high, not at DMax level though haha

8. U jelly of my 1+ gram a day

9. So crazy lol
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

10. I'm mad jelly son lol

11. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

White monster is banging tasting, too. Little on the low end for me but my tolerance is a little high, not at DMax level though haha
    I got a case of the sunrise ones. Best ive had so far. Half a monster and im zooming in the am. Tolerance is low yet i have caffeine everyday.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    U jelly of my 1+ gram a day
    I cant imagine sleeping lol

13. 2/21/15-deadlift, 5s week
    Warmup
    Goblet squat/bss/vmo move
    25x8/bwx10/10, 2 sets
    Sumo deadlift
    Cat-55%-275x2x2
    Cat-65%-325x5
    Add belt
    75%-375x5
    85%-430x10, this really challenged my cardio lol
    Joker sets
    90%-455x5
    Front squats, betless
    225x8
    245x8
    265x8,8,7
    Abs wheel+ghrs
    10/bwx10, 2 sets
    8/bwx8, 2 sets
    Notes: great day and now im gassed. Pushed the top set as far as my cardio would let me. All reps were easy and i have a video of it. I didnt rest long enough before the 455 and just called it there to really push the 1s week on all lifts. Pulls feel great lately. Depth was below parallel on all squats and quoted as lower then i need to go by the depth champion HJH lol. Could have possibly gotten 8 on the last set but i was near top end there, left one in the tank. Squat form is coming along.

14. Lot-O-Reppin'-Lou
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Lot-O-Reppin'-Lou
    Yeah im not good at all these reps. I cant wait for the weights to start getting heavier as the meet gets closer.

16. 430×10 wow dude that's some cardio lifting there

17. Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    430×10 wow dude that's some cardio lifting there
    Trust me, i felt it for about an hr after this set lol

18. Damn dude, killer session there. That is some serious nausea top set there haha

19. 10 reps of any weight on squats or deads is no joke. Props

20. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Dips are become a great exercise no powerlifter can do it seems lol
    I can do them just fine.

21. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Trust me, i felt it for about an hr after this set lol
    My sessions with deadlifting (particularly high reps) followed by front squats have been the most taxing sessions I have ever done. Way to easily trudge through it and do more assistance work for good measure.
    Junior 20-23 Raw Classic
    568/391/617 (1576@220)
    570/355/630 (1555@198)

22. Quote Originally Posted by HJH View Post

My sessions with deadlifting (particularly high reps) followed by front squats have been the most taxing sessions I have ever done. Way to easily trudge through it and do more assistance work for good measure.
    I wrote it down to do it right? Might as well do it. I agree. These sessions are no joke though. Left me drained the rest of the day.

23. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Damn dude, killer session there. That is some serious nausea top set there haha
    I felt it lol. Ill get a vid on ig soon.

24. Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    10 reps of any weight on squats or deads is no joke. Props
    Thanks man!

25. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

I can do them just fine.
    Lucky you

26. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I can do them just fine.
    This is a safe place James, you can tell us the truth

27. 2/23/15-bench, 1s week
    Warmup
    Sohdbp/straight bar pushdowns/wide grip pulldowns
    30x12/45x12/105x12, 2 sets
    Paused Bench+chins (3 per set)
    Cat-55%-175x3
    Cat-65%-210x3
    75%-240x5
    85%-275x3
    95%-305x5
    Joker sets
    100%-320x1
    105%-335x1, had a little more in the tank but shut it down.
    Low incline paused db press
    50x5x12
    Bb rows
    185x10
    205x10
    225x10,10,8
    Rolling db ext/db curls
    35x10/25x10, 4 sets
    Flat flys (rehab)/3d pullaparts and elitefts series
    15x15/20 and 10, 3 sets
    Notes: last week my volume will be so high on assistance work. Im gonna start working the volume down and intensity up in the comming cycles as the meet draws closer. I got all my reps today on bench then i work up to just under a 1rm. Very bad at paused incline db press. Those 50s were killing me. Happy with the rows. Good overall day. Still dieting.

28. Strong pressin brother

29. Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    Strong pressin brother
    Thanks man. Cant wait to see what some cals and a reduction does for my strength come meet prep.

30. Solid session here. Very nice numbers. I like how your buddy and you make 5/3/1 more powerlifting specific with getting heavier weights in your hands, and at the same time know when to back off. Very good stuff.

31. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Solid session here. Very nice numbers. I like how your buddy and you make 5/3/1 more powerlifting specific with getting heavier weights in your hands, and at the same time know when to back off. Very good stuff.
    Thanks man. Its all in the book tho. But common sense would say to structure it this way in my opinion.

32. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Thanks man. Its all in the book tho. But common sense would say to structure it this way in my opinion.
    Now that I understand powerlifting more I agree 100%. The biggest knock on the program is you don't hold heavy weights with the highest weight you touch, 1 time every third week being 95% of 90%. Jim obviously knows his stuff, and with experience and some autoregulation it can be great overall program, and sport specific to powerlifting.

I may steal some ideas when I am able to go full blow again and plan our longer blocks.

33. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

Now that I understand powerlifting more I agree 100%. The biggest knock on the program is you don't hold heavy weights with the highest weight you touch, 1 time every third week being 95% of 90%. Jim obviously knows his stuff, and with experience and some autoregulation it can be great overall program, and sport specific to powerlifting.

I may steal some ideas when I am able to go full blow again and plan our longer blocks.
    I agree with you 100%. Im still learning as i go. But i tend to hold back on jokers on the five week and push near 3rm and 1rms on the 3 and 1 weeks. However i always try to hit my caps on the plus sets first. Makes working up suck. But knowing im pre fatigued means when i stop plusing come meet time the super compensation will be great.

34. Here is my basic plan for my meet in december

Squat
    12-5s, beltless pause squat
    11-3s, 3rm joker with chains, beltless pause squat
    10-1s, 1rm joker with chains, beltless pause squat
    9-5s, beltless squat
    8-3s, 3rm joker, beltless squat
    7-1s, 1rm joker, betless squat
    6-peaking deload
    5-5s, belted squat
    4-3s, no plus set, 3rm joker, belted squat
    3-1s, no plus set, overreach by starting at 95% and work up to 90% of true 1rm for 4 singles, drop 5% for 2 more, 2 single belted squat at 90%, 8 total singles
    2-1s, no plus set, taper by starting with 95% and working up to opener for 2 singles, 2 single belted squat at 90%, 4 total singles
    1-deload for meet

First 3 weeks are a moderate wrap, the rest will be a hard wrap.

35. Deadlift
    12-5s, beltless pause pulls
    11-3s, 3rm joker using chains, beltless pause pulls
    10-1s, 1rm joker using chains, beltless pause pulls
    9-5s, belted pause pulls
    8-3s, 3rm joker, belted pause pulls
    7-1s, 1rm joker, belted pause pulls
    6-peaking deload
    5-5s, belted pause pulls ramped %
    4-3s, no plus set, 3rm joker, belted pause pulls ramped %
    3-1s, no plus set, overreach by starting at 95% and working up to 90% of true max and doing 4 singles, drop 5% and do 2 more, belted pause pulls ramped % 2 singles, 8 total
    2-1s, no plus, taper by working up to opener for 2 singles, belted pause pulls ramped % 2 singles, 4 total
    1-deload

36. Bench
    12-5s, dead bench
    11-3s, 3rm joker with chains, dead bench
    10-1s, 1rm joker with chains, dead bench
    9-5s, dead bench
    8-3s, 3rm joker, dead bench
    7-1s, 1rm joker, dead bench
    6-peaking deload
    5-5s, cat bench, dead bench
    4-3s, no plus set, 3rm joker, cat bench, dead bench
    3-1s, no plus set, overreach by working up to 90% of true 1rm for 4 singles, cat bench, dead bench, 8 total singles 14 work sets
    2-1s, no plus set, taper by working up to opener for 2 singles, drop 5% for 2 more, 4 total
    1-deload

37. Also thinking since i dont do jokers on the 5s week ill drop down and do cat sets on all lifts then.

Edit: will commit to some cat work in the early part of meet prep and adjust based on recovery needs. See if i cant keep it up this time.

38. 2/25/15-squat, 1s week
    Warmup
    Goblet squat/bss/vmo move
    Squat
    Cat-55%-265x3
    Add belt
    Cat-65%-310x3
    75%-360x5
    Add self mod wrap
    85%-405x3
    95%-455x3x1
    Joker
    480x1
    505x1
    Cat squat
    70%-335x4x3, 90sec rest
    Pause beltless squat, 3 sec pause
    240x2x5
    265x2x5
    Ghrs
    Bwx10,10,8
    Abs wheel
    3x8
    Notes: squat is coming along. First rep at 455 sucked so i repeated it until it was smooth. Then went up just below my best ever squat with more in the tank. Dropped back and got some extra squat work in. Very determined to get my squat up.

39. Need more vids!

Session looks nice though. Think you're setting yourself up for a pretty big PR if you're able to hit 505 after all that work.

40. Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Need more vids!

Session looks nice though. Think you're setting yourself up for a pretty big PR if you're able to hit 505 after all that work.
    I have 4 videos from that session. Pretty much all my top sets. The 480 was the best technique wise.

Thanks man! Yeah i felt pretty good about it. Im not going for 1rm prs in training atm so im happy considering.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Wanting to try HVT training muscles more than once a week training
    By East1600Plus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 12:44 PM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:27 AM