Sweetlou's training log

Page 14 of 157 First ... 1213141516 ... Last

  1. ME? DE?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by dmmcclair View Post
    ME? DE?
    Max effort

    Dynamic effort
    •   
       


  3. Got it thanks jimbuick

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Is that a PR for you on pulls?
    No its a matched PR atm. I was gonna keep going and throw the straps up but after the skin went I decided to stop there. Btw Im gonna be picking up another bottle of erase for my during bloods. Alot of positive changes have been happening and want to give it some more time.

  5. Last week was a deload week. The week before I hit a 425 to a 1 board in my f6

    1/7/12-ME Upper
    chins
    bwx8,8
    Medium Grip Floor Press with Fat Gripz
    235x1
    245x1
    255x1
    DB Complex
    Oh-65x12
    Flat-65x12
    Incline-65x12
    Rolling Tri Ext+Tate Press-25x10,10 for 2 sets
    Strappless Kroc Rows w/ Fat Gripz
    75x20,20
    7 Band Pullapart Variations w/ Mini Band
    2 sets of 10 each way
    Notes: My bottom end is starting to come up. My lockout was the hard part of the floor press today with the fat gripz. We opted for this to give our joints some rest and underload some. My oh press and incline press strength is coming along nicely. Those are both lifts I struggle with. Fat gripz kroc rows tore up my fingers but I pull with a hook grip so i need the work.

  6. 1/9/12-DE Lower
    GPP
    Free Squats with briefs
    275x2x3
    315x2x3
    DB RDLs
    40x8
    50x5
    60x5
    Weighted Hypers
    bwx10
    bw+25x5
    bw+45x5
    bw+70x5
    Leg Raises+side bends
    bwx8/50x10,10
    bwx8/60x10,10

    1/11/12-DE Upper
    GPP
    Floor Press w/ Sling Shot
    185x3x8 2 diff grips
    Close Grip 3 Board Press
    315x3
    335x3
    365x3 30lb PR
    Chins
    bwx8
    bw+25x8,7
    bwx10
    Fat Grip Hammer Curls
    25x10
    30x10
    7 Band Pullaparts w/ Minis
    2 sets of 10 each way

    1/12/13-ME Lower
    GPP
    Sumo Pulls in metal king sumo
    450x1x3
    GHRs
    bwx10
    bw+10x5
    bw+25x5
    Reverse Hypers
    270x10
    360x12,12
    Standing Cable Crunches
    100x12
    120x10
    140x10
    Notes: Got my new metal king sumo finally. It fits great at a 52. This suit is night and day from pulling my ace. Its like a sling shot. the bar whips like crazy at 315 and 365. and even has some whip at 450.

  7. How wide is your stance on sumo? I've found that Ace allows me to maintain solid leverage even at a collar-to-collar stance.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  8. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    How wide is your stance on sumo? I've found that Ace allows me to maintain solid leverage even at a collar-to-collar stance.
    My shins are lined up with the rings on a deadlift bar, well slight wider then that. I have not gone collar-to-collar yet. May have to try it soon.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    My shins are lined up with the rings on a deadlift bar, well slight wider then that. I have not gone collar-to-collar yet. May have to try it soon.
    My stance is about that width while I'm raw, but I slowly move my stance out as I work up in weight. The Ace is a really stiff suit and getting to the bar is 80% of the battle.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  10. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    My stance is about that width while I'm raw, but I slowly move my stance out as I work up in weight. The Ace is a really stiff suit and getting to the bar is 80% of the battle.
    Ill agree it is hard to get to the bar. The metal king is no easier actually. But it has more "pop" off the bottom.
    •   
       


  11. Just gonna start updating again.
    Current me work
    Bench w/ 50lbs chain
    295+50lbsx1
    2 Board in F6
    460x1
    Chain Suspended Gms medium stance
    385x1 20lb PR
    Some squat work in my suit, only working up to around 450 right now as I adjust my form and a new grip on the bar.

  12. Added conditioning back into my training. Maintaining GPP at 2-3 sessions a week. Adjust bench form. Started to train at Orlando Barbell a few times a month.

  13. 2/11/13-ME Upper
    Chins
    bwx2x8
    2 Board in F6
    worked up to 460x1
    DB Complex
    Oh Press-40x20
    Flat-40x20
    Incline-40x20
    Rolling tri ext+tate press superset-20x15/15 for 2 sets
    Chest Supported Pendlay Rows with the Cambered Bar
    115x10
    135x10
    135x10, took a break form kroc rows this week
    7 Band Pullapart Variations with Mini band
    2 sets of 10 each way.
    Notes: Adjusted bench form to not over arch and got a lot more out of my lats and leg drive. Finally jacked my shirt some today.

  14. Brian Schwab's place?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sinister View Post
    Brian Schwab's place?
    Yes sir. I live about an hr away from orlando.

  16. 2/13/13-DE Lower
    Speed Sumo Pulls in metal viking
    315x10x1 5 straps down 5 straps up
    Chain Suspended Gms
    225x3x8
    Leg Raises+Side Bends
    bwx8/55x10,10
    bwx8/60x10,10
    Hip Prehab
    Conditioning: Pushing the prowler 200 meters with 50lbs on it. 2 laps.

  17. 2/15/13-DE Upper
    GPP
    DE Bench with doubled Minis
    135x8x3
    Floor Press Rack Lockouts
    295x3
    315x3
    335x3 PR
    Chins of all different grips
    8-12 for 4 sets, didnt keep close track of these today just getting volume in
    7 Mini Band pullapart variations+fat gripz hammer curls
    25x10
    35x10

  18. 2/16/13-ME Lower
    Front Squat Box Squat to a Parallel Box
    315x1
    Reverse Hypers
    180x2x30
    Standing Cruntchs
    120x10
    130x10
    Hip Prehab.

  19. 2/18/13-ME Upper
    Chins
    bwx2x8
    Floor Press w/ Fat Gripz
    275x1 20lb PR.
    DB Complex
    Oh Press-55x15
    Flat-55x15
    Incline-55x15
    Rolling Db Tri Ext+Tate Press-30x2x10 each
    Wide Grip Cable Row
    110x10
    140x20
    7 Band Pullaparts w/ Mini Band
    2 sets each way.
    Notes: Ive started really focusing on pausing at the bottom of the floor press like a box squat. Well I got 275 today and my regular power bar floor press with no pause record is 280. So my bottom end it really coming along.

  20. I havent been on much since I had moved to Orlando for school. My only training update is i am currently training at OBB with Brian Schwab and will prep for meet in November most likely.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    I havent been on much since I had moved to Orlando for school. My only training update is i am currently training at OBB with Brian Schwab and will prep for meet in November most likely.
    That's awesome
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  22. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    I havent been on much since I had moved to Orlando for school. My only training update is i am currently training at OBB with Brian Schwab and will prep for meet in November most likely.
    Hell yeah! So what have you learned that you can pass on to us, and how much has soaking up info from those guys added to your total?
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  23. Nice, welcome back Lou. Cool to hear you're training at the EFS of Florida. Having fun I take it?
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

  24. Ive been here two monthes with the team and ive learned quite a bit. Brian's programming is a mix of western periodization and westside. As an example if, if you have his bench ebook then you already know, the bench is rotated in a 3 board, 2 board, 1 board fashion with reps cycling through 3,2,1. This also goes for both deadlifts with blocks, squat with boxs, and shirted bench with boards. Since joining I have hit some PRs. To names a few is a 405+160lbs chain pull from the floor in an ace suit straps down. 455+160lb chain ssb squat to a parallel box for 2 in an ace suit straps down. An all time best squat of 620 in an ace suit straps down, this was done at the Florida UGSS. A 340x3 raw one board press. A 495x1 one board press in a F6, also done at the Florida UGSS. 485+80lb chain pull off a 2 inch block for 3 in an Ace straps down. 315+80lb chain 3 board press rawx2. 275+120lb chain 2 board press rawx2. 505+160lb chainx1 squat in ace straps down. 495+40lbs chain 3 board press in ace shirtx2. 275 fat bar floor pressx5, best before this was a 275x1. All of these are Prs in one way or another for me. I think I have hit a pr each week on multiple lifts since joining the team. I am currently helping Brian with his assistance work and helping him prep for relentless in Detroit. I should be his handler for the meet and maybe Jo Jordan's also. I should be starting my meet cycle for a meet the week after there's soon too.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Ive been here two monthes with the team and ive learned quite a bit. Brian's programming is a mix of western periodization and westside. As an example if, if you have his bench ebook then you already know, the bench is rotated in a 3 board, 2 board, 1 board fashion with reps cycling through 3,2,1. This also goes for both deadlifts with blocks, squat with boxs, and shirted bench with boards. Since joining I have hit some PRs. To names a few is a 405+160lbs chain pull from the floor in an ace suit straps down. 455+160lb chain ssb squat to a parallel box for 2 in an ace suit straps down. An all time best squat of 620 in an ace suit straps down, this was done at the Florida UGSS. A 340x3 raw one board press. A 495x1 one board press in a F6, also done at the Florida UGSS. 485+80lb chain pull off a 2 inch block for 3 in an Ace straps down. 315+80lb chain 3 board press rawx2. 275+120lb chain 2 board press rawx2. 505+160lb chainx1 squat in ace straps down. 495+40lbs chain 3 board press in ace shirtx2. 275 fat bar floor pressx5, best before this was a 275x1. All of these are Prs in one way or another for me. I think I have hit a pr each week on multiple lifts since joining the team. I am currently helping Brian with his assistance work and helping him prep for relentless in Detroit. I should be his handler for the meet and maybe Jo Jordan's also. I should be starting my meet cycle for a meet the week after there's soon too.
    That's unreal, man. That has to be freaking awesome. Both getting stronger and improving your technique under their tutelage, I'd imagine. I bet you gained a good bit of weight, too.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  26. Subbed! Just browsed the past pages. Awesome lifts
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    That's unreal, man. That has to be freaking awesome. Both getting stronger and improving your technique under their tutelage, I'd imagine. I bet you gained a good bit of weight, too.
    I have been around 215 since last October and have not made any weight jumps. I am staying in the 220s for now and plan to compete there. My gear is all extremely tight as is. I had to send my ace shirt to Ginny to get it altered. It is a great environment and I have had very few technique critiques to be honest. I help many of the guys here with their technique and programming. I also have to get a new pair of briefs and suit to compete 4 plys ace my current ace is to tight and will be used for pulling only.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Subbed! Just browsed the past pages. Awesome lifts
    Thanks man, I will get to posting regularly again.

  29. I think you've officially smoked us in the bench now, haha. Nice progress everywhere else, too, man.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I think you've officially smoked us in the bench now, haha. Nice progress everywhere else, too, man.
    Maybe, maybe not. lol
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 01:44 PM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 09:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 12:00 AM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 02:27 AM
Log in
Log in