Yes, it IS a long road to maximum human potential. Why not take some short CUTs?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Dont take this the wrong way, but you seem too smart to be a vegetarian. The only thing stopping meat consumption is simply just because you were raised vegetarian?
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Haha, I didn't know anyone was following this, I was kinda starting to feel like that weird kid who sits in the corner and talks to himself.

Well, thanks for the complement . Truth be told, I have experimented with adding meat to my diet for prolonged amounts of time and have felt no benefit. In fact, I had quite a number of negative effects from adding the meat, and none of the benefits I had hoped for. Maybe it is simply that my body deals with it differently than most because of how I was raised. To clarify, a naturopath I had some respect for at the time told me that my testosterone levels might benefit from adding meat to my diet, so I gave it a try for two months. I quickly worked up to eating meat at least every other day for the two months and saw no hormonal improvements, and developed excessively oily skin, became overwhelmingly lethargic, experienced some constipation and significant fat gain (not muscle gain). The oily skin, lethargy, and constipation all normalized about two weeks after cutting the meat out again. I'm not saying that's how you would react, of course it is possible, but I think it is safe to say that the addition of meat was not positive for me.

I've considered playing with it again, simply as a means for easily attaining a better protein:carb ratio, maybe some day in the future.

Thanks for asking the question rather than just stating that you think vegetarianism is stupid, those kinds of comments are annoying, pointless, and far too abundant.
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
    •   

3. Name:  IMAG1391small.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  17.9 KB

Summer Synopsis:

So, Summer was rough on the road towards maximum human potential, mostly because of all the sick family I had to visit, I ended up being out of town for an accumulative 5 weeks between July and August. This month has been mostly about getting my strength back, which has rebounded nicely, my dumbbell bench press is up to 95'sx7, thats 3 more reps than I PR'ed with before I started the month of traveling in August. My back however, is quite weak. I'm not sure what that's about, my pulldown and row form is impecable, but I dropped from 200+ lbs on the wide lat pulldown to 150x8 and have in the last month recovered to 175x7. It's coming back, just frustrating to think of where I could be had I not had the familial obligations.

The above pic was taken in late July, in the middle of a recomp that was going wonderfully. Since then I've gained about 10 lbs, 185 -> 195, and the only additional strength is on the bench press and a 500 lb x 16 reps leg press I pulled today as part of a fun full body routine with a friend. Looking quite soft and ready to get back in the groove. This will be the year of recomp, no bulking this winter (sigh), gotta get that bf% and knock that sucker out!

Long term goals:

Moved up from 32-34" waist to 36 over summer, will drop that back down to 32.

Condition for a mud race this Spring.

Hit 275 lbs. on BB bench for reps before the end of Spring.

Reach 16.5+" on arms.

Let's get it!
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.

4. I'll be updating here for the next month or so due to FRL sponsoring a 5-Alpha Test run.

Maximizing TRT w/ 5-ALPHA TEST. (SPONSORED)

5. Ephedrine stacking experiment

Goal:

1.) Define personal safety limits via blood pressure and pulse for ephedrine dosing and escalation, as well as safety and efficacy in stackability with relevant compounds in it’s use as a fat loss aid.

2.) Significant drop in adipose tissue while sparing muscle. Current body weight: 193 lbs.

Stack to work up to, single dose:
    Ephedrine 25 mg
    Alphamine 1-2 sc
    Slintensity 1-3 cap
    DopaBean 1-2 cap
    Vanillean 1-2 cap
    Versa-1 1 cap
    HB/CS 2 cap, if needed
    ^Hawthorne Berry and Celery Seed combo (Blood Pressure Health by NOW Foods)
    -The above are things I have in my stash from the recent sales etc. that I think will be fun to include, none have been bought for this purpose.

Journal:

-bought 1 pack walgreen’s primatene 12.5mg ephedrine 60 count
    -2:28pm 137/86 / 87

-2:30pm dose: 12.5mg E, 1 scoop Alphamine
    sys: 131 / dia: 82 / BP: 87
    -3:16pm 156/83 / 80
    -4:00pm dose: 2 cap HB/CS
    -5:10pm 129/96 / 113

As my first encounter with ephedrine, this was one of the most intense stimulatory experiences I've had. The addition of Alphamine was only because I could not find any pure caffeine pills at the walgreen's or super supplement store, but I think it was not wise for a first dose. I may try to work it in as the run progresses, as I think many of it's ingredients should work wonderfully with ephedrine, but for a first encounter this was just too much -more than a bit scary. Aside from that, the level of focus, energy, and reaction time was phenomenal, and if I hadn't been so paranoid about my health I would have had a great time.

-3:30pm Blood pressure / pulse: 150/86 / 89
    -3:32pm 155/101 / 93
    -3:35 dose: 12.5mg E, 1 cap Vanillean, 2 cap HB/CS
    - about 1 hour after tortilla chips, guacamole, and peanut butter (bad, I know, not a regular.)
    -3:39pm 144/82 / 92
    -3:46pm 120/80 / 80
    -3:57pm 127/79 / 80
    -4:25pm 136/78 / 86
    -4:45pm 138/82 / 80
    -5:00pm dose: 1 scoop Alphamine, 1 cap slintensity, 1 cap DopaBean, 1 cap Versa-1
    -5:23pm 137/81 / 80

It is interesting that my BP was so high before the initial dose, traditionally I have quite low readings. I am glad that the 2 caps of HB/CS are enough to control the BP effects of 12.5 mg. I will probably stay here for a couple days and then up to 12.5mg 2x/day, 3x/day, and so forth until I'm between 50-75mg/day + additions.

I will go on a search for caffeine pills today or tomorrow, so that I can at least have the EC synergy.

This entire thing should last about a month. I may end up subbing ephedrine for albuterol at some point, possibly cycling the two.
    •   

6. Great focus, energy and recovery time at the gym today. I especially noticed an improvement in recovery time, which was AWESOME, this is usually something I struggle with.

Did a quick back session, pulled a PR on the BB upright row with 45* bend at waist and lower-trap emphasis, 135x10. A PR by one rep, but felt good.

7. 1.25.13

-7:00am 137/80 / 82

-7:05am dose:
    12.5mg ephedrine,
    1/2scp Alphamine,
    1cp Vanillean,
    1cp DopaBean,
    1cp Slintensity,
    2cp HB/CS

-7:35am 141/85 / 89

-1:50pm 142/75 / 91

-1:51pm dose:
    12.5mg ephedrine,
    1scp Alphamine,
    1cp Vanillean,
    1cp DopaBean,
    1cp Slintensity,
    1cp HB/CS

-2:15pm 119/80 / 80 <-??

-4:12pm 141/79 / 87

-4:17pm dose:
    12.5mg ephedrine,
    200mg caffeine, <--finally picked some up.
    1cp Vanillean,
    1cp DopaBean,
    1cp Slintensity,
    1cp HB/CS

-4:45pm 119/80 / 80

Did a morning deadlift workout that I was supposed to do wednesday night but missed for a buddy's birthday party. Always love deadlift days. Pulled a PR, I'm relatively new to dead-lifting so it's nothing special, 245x3 with at least 2-3 left to failure, just got scared lol.

I got my little sister to lift with me today, she pulled 105 on the DL, not bad for her first time and weighing 120 lbs. Gotta make sure she gets strong before going to college, so she can knockout all the d-bags that will be trying to get at her.

Back to topic, the HB/CS is doing a great job of controlling BP sides, I think I'm going to try dosing without it later today or tomorrow, and hopefully will get a 25mg dose in tomorrow or the day after.

8. 1.26.13

total ephedrine @ 37.5

total ephedrine @ 62.5

tomorrow 75mg!

The blood pressure sides have completely vanished, I'm hovering around low 130's/80, and have taken a few doses without the HB/CS.

I have begun dosing 25mg at a time and have no problem with it, a couple days ago I would have been terrified of the idea.

The incredibly intense buzzing/rushing/manic sensation has diminished to maybe 10% of what it was for the 1st dose, which kinda sucks lol.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Human Long R3 IGF-1 Anti Aging Studies
    By mr athlete in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 05:31 PM
  2. Short vs. long rest periods
    By meowmeow in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2005, 06:08 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 06:47 AM