Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

5/3/1, Half Marathons, PHAT, etc etc. - Beast Mode

Intro:

I've been a golfer all my life. The weight room was never somewhere I needed to spend my time

So I had a late start and started lifting about 2.5 years ago in the spare bedroom of my apartment, hittin' up the bench press and curls about 3 times a week. It was the exact model of a confused newb's plan, didn't squat or deadlift, very little back work, no shoulder work, just worked the gunz and chest. Then I went to college about a yr. and a half ago, and hit up the weight room there. The equipment was somewhat limited but I had plenty of barbells, db's, and power racks to do work. Still wasn't doing any leg work or deadlifts though. Fast forwarding to around April or May of 09', I finally got a gym membership and started getting really serious about putting on size and strength. Now I want to just get into the best shape possible and possibly one day compete, I'm still undecided on that one. But bodybuilding means alot to me and has helped me alot in just the two years I've been into it.

Diet:

Currently shooting for 3k calories @ 45/35/20 (p/c/f)

The numbers vary just depending on how I feel, progress, and whether its a rest day or training day.

Training:

5/3/1

Sunday: Deadlifts and Back
    Monday: Shoulders, tri's
    Tuesday: Off
    Wednesday: Off
    Thursday: Squats and legs
    Friday: Bench and chest, bi's
    Saturday: Off

Cardio 1-2 times a week but that will increase to 3-4 days soon and at least 5 days when I'm cutting. Lifting is 5/3/1 with bodybuilding template for assistance work, but this changes every 2-3 months. I've done the boring but big, triumverate (sp?), and "ain't doing jack sh!t" templates as well

Goals:

Add a lot of weight to all of my lifts across the board. Short term (6 months - a year) strength goals: Bench - 275 or more, Squat - 350 or more, Deadlift- 450 or more. Not far from these and have hit all those numbers before but not consistent enough to maintain it.

Welcome to the log. Reps to followers. Link me to your log if you have ono, I'd love to follow along. I'm new to the forums and will be on here representing Beast Sports Nutrition but I also want to get to know as many lifters on here as I can. I accept any and all criticism and suggestions, speak your mind if you see something I could be doing better/different! Thanks for dropping in

2. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt ttttttttttttttssssssssssssssss ssss gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

Blood, sweat, and puke. Literally (srs).

Today was leg day. Nasty pump, legs are already sore. Its gonna be a rough week walking around but gotta get dem gainzzzzz

Squats

210 x 3
    240 x 3
    270 x 10 lightweight.

Leg Press

7 PPS x 7
    7 PPS x 5
    6 PPS + 25 lbs x 8
    6 PPS x 10

BB Lunges

175 x 8, 6 these suck. I almost fell twice, would've been bad news bears. No spotter

Front Squats

185 x 6, 185 x 6, 185 x 6

don't stop, get it get it

Leg Extensions

one big superset 90 x 10, 110 x 10, 130 x 6
    150 x 10

Seated Hamstring Curls

one big superset 90 x 10, 110 x 10, 130 x 4
    150 x 8
  3. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

This workout was from Saturday morning. Was hoping for a lot more on my bench press but I hit my numbers easily.

Today I did some cardio and abs, along with a couple sets of machine flyes for chest to pump some blood in there and hopefully get the pecs growin'

the ab roller is my new friend for core work

Flat BB Bench

155 x 3, 175 x 3, 200 x 6

Incline DB

80 x 9, 6, 6
    75 x 8

Decline HS Press

180 x 8, 8

Floor Press

185 x 4, 2 wtf

BW Dips

10 reps

Skullcrusher with ez-bar, supersetted with close grip press to failure

80 x 8, 80 x 6, 80 x 5
    single arm with a DB: 30 x 10

Bench Dips

95 x 10, 10, 10

I really need to start loving chest day
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Deadlifts this afternoon

shooting for 380 x 8-10
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

You need more hamstring work. Also try only picking 2 days a week per wave to set rep PRs on. This will allow more progress before you stall.
  6. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    You need more hamstring work. Also try only picking 2 days a week per wave to set rep PRs on. This will allow more progress before you stall.
    I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for dropping in!

No longer doing 5/3/1.

doing a linear progression plan that changes reps each week, should help keep things fresh

Hit Chest last week and got 210 x 2 on flat bench, sucks but that should go up soon.

Today's workout.

Squats

295 x 5, 315 x 2, 320 x 2, 325 x 2

Front Squats

225 x 3, 3, 5

Leg Extensions

210 x 5, 230 x 5, 250 x 5

Lying Leg Curls

155 x 5, 5, 5

Straight Leg DL

225 x 3, 245 x 5, 275 x 5

8 sets of calves, 5-10 reps

plan is to stick to this weight and each week the reps will increase, next week rep range is 6-8 then 9-11 reps then 12-15. So each week I'm going up in reps.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Why did you drop 5/3/1? Ive been using it for close to a year was amazing results.
    Also you still need more hamstring work. If strength is a goal of yours. Pushing and pulling work should be equal. So for everything pushing (quads/chest/tris/delts) have a pulling lift (back/traps/rear delts/hamstrings).
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

In here late, but I'm interested!

(It was the pic of the squatting girl that got me )
  9. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Why did you drop 5/3/1? Ive been using it for close to a year was amazing results.
    Also you still need more hamstring work. If strength is a goal of yours. Pushing and pulling work should be equal. So for everything pushing (quads/chest/tris/delts) have a pulling lift (back/traps/rear delts/hamstrings).
    I understand what you're saying now, but tbh I've been focusing more of my efforts on my quads. Its not extremely noticeable but I'd like to improve my quads

Strength was the goal but I've been running this program for awhile now. And ran it a couple of times before that as well. Switching over to PHAT to get some more volume. Strength is always a focus for me but I'm really interested in gaining more size and getting my muscular endurance better

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    In here late, but I'm interested!

(It was the pic of the squatting girl that got me )

10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

If this is the case, buy the 5/3/1 book for powerlifting.
    I do 5/3/1 for bench, squat, press, and deadlift.
    I do alternating weeks of high volume and low volume for size.
    I do conditioning in some form every session for endurance/conditioning.
    Im bigger, stronger, and better conditioned then I have ever been.
    Just saying I dont think you really read the books and explored your options.
  11. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

If this is the case, buy the 5/3/1 book for powerlifting.I do 5/3/1 for bench, squat, press, and deadlift.I do alternating weeks of high volume and low volume for size.I do conditioning in some form every session for endurance/conditioning.Im bigger, stronger, and better conditioned then I have ever been. Just saying I dont think you really read the books and explored your options.
    I respect your opinion boss, but I've read the original 5/3/1 book in full twice. I understand the routine and I've been utilizing the training method for awhile now. My current goals allow me to add way more volume to my training, so PHAT is perfect. My PR's will be going up way faster than what 5/3/1 can accommodate so there's no need for me to stick to that plan right now. Most likely I'll go back to it in March or April when I'm back to eating at maintenance. I don't have the 5/3/1 powerlifting book btw, I was told that there really wasn't that much different in it.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Well the first half of the 5/3/1 powerlifting book is the same as the original. But there is so much more detail in meet prep, conditioning, hypertrophy, and strength, as well as more templates that allow more frequent ME work.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Ah, looks like you're changing it up already on me! I am not familiar with PHAT besides who made it and what it stands for. I guess I'll learn a little about it in here.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia
    Ah, looks like you're changing it up already on me! I am not familiar with PHAT besides who made it and what it stands for. I guess I'll learn a little about it in here.
    Phat is a program by Dr. Layne Norton. Power hypertrophy A training. Lol. I don't know what the A stands for. Anyway, it's two days of power and accessory, then three days of hypertrophy. Pretty rough regime. Much more volume than the standard 5-3-1 and making strength gains on it is very hard I gather. Unless you are new, or on gear. Mass gains though are pretty good as this is a very hard program to follow.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  15. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Phat is a program by Dr. Layne Norton. Power hypertrophy A training. Lol. I don't know what the A stands for. Anyway, it's two days of power and accessory, then three days of hypertrophy. Pretty rough regime. Much more volume than the standard 5-3-1 and making strength gains on it is very hard I gather. Unless you are new, or on gear. Mass gains though are pretty good as this is a very hard program to follow.
    Exactly this. Its a great program, but not for everyone. Can easily be modified though. I've reduced the volume in the past and even used it during a cut. Here's a good link for using it on a cut http://gordongreenhorn.com/2010/10/03/powerhypertrophy-5-day-split/

Been busy as heck with exams and schoolwork, finally getting around to updating in here

As I posted before I've switched back to PHAT. I'm going to be setting tons of PR's and should be able to easily handle the increased volume with this routine. Diet is way up, at around 3000-3250 calories (45/35/20)

This is a workout from Monday, had to take Tuesday and Wednesday off.

Back and Shoulders hyper

HS Lat Pulldown

180 x 12, 12, 12

Seated Cable Rows

120 x 12, 9, 9

DB Rows

100 x 12, 8

Close Grip Pulldowns

105 x 13, 11

Seated DB Press

45 x 12, 10, 7

Arnold Press

35 x 7, 7, 5 pump was brutal, expected to be getting way more reps and weight out of these shoulder movements

HS shoulder Press

90 x 12, 140 x 12

Seated Lateral Raise

15 x 12, 12, 12

Today's workout. Upper body - power.

Flat Bench BB

210 x 5, 215 x 5, 225 x 2

Weighted Dips

60 x 8, 6, 8

Seated DB Shoulder Press

60 x 8, 6, 8

Pendlay Rows

185 x 5, 205 x 5, 225 x 4

Pull-ups

BW x 6, 6

DB Rows

130 x 8, 8

Lying Skullcrusher

80 x 10, 9, 6

1 set of 10 reps, ez-bar curl 80 lbs for the lulz
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Good god those are some sick pendalay rows. For those I pull barely 205, while the regular 45 degree (bodybuilder type) ones I can pull around 275X5... haha. Probably cheating.

Anyway, good work man. I'll check out that link later~
    RecoverBro ELITE
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Pendlay has directly impacted my bench, bb row, db row, and deadlift. Good lift.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  165 lbs.
    Answers

How do you like this 5/3/1 program ? personally i love it
  19. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Good god those are some sick pendalay rows. For those I pull barely 205, while the regular 45 degree (bodybuilder type) ones I can pull around 275X5... haha. Probably cheating.

Anyway, good work man. I'll check out that link later~
    Thanks, preciate that. Pendlays are difficult for me. I can do a lot more using the 45 degree angle too and actually get more of a pump/MMC with that style vs Pendlay. But I feel like the Pendlay is better for power and strength.

I don't know if its because of my height or what but its tough to stay in that position for anything over a couple of reps.

Do you have a log?

Pendlay has directly impacted my bench, bb row, db row, and deadlift. Good lift.
    definitely helped my other back movements, especially DB rows. my bench sucks so not sure if its helped or not

Quote Originally Posted by nergy View Post
    How do you like this 5/3/1 program ? personally i love it
    I love it actually, doing PHAT (power/hyper routine) but going right back to 5/3/1 in about 10-12 weeks when I'm eating closer to maintenance and need to focus on maintaining (or slightly increasing) strength.

What kind of progress have you made with it and how long have you been following it???

Pretty good lower power session tomorrow, starting to get some serious pain in my bicep/shoulder area when squatting. I think its from using too narrow of a grip but not sure. If anyone has any ideas, please halp me!

Hope everyone is looking forward to a good weekend, lots of good football on. Texas > Texas Tech, Alabama > LSU and Florida State already destroyed BC

Squats

325 x 4, 4, 4

Hack Squats

180 x 10, 270 x 6, 4

Straight Leg DL

225 x 10, 275 x 9, 295 x 5
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Answers

Subbed!

I want to use some mix between 5/3/1 n phat for the winter months n lean bulk.. I usually do very high volume stuff but hoping this program can cut it down for me j get some rest n shorter workouts during the winter.. Greenhorns link above looks great.. I'm just curious as to if anyone else has templates /accessory lifts for example use.. If I plan out my own lifts I tend to end up right back at too high volume lol.. I am addicted to cardio.. Hiit 3xweek n low intensity distance 1x.. I like to train 3-5 days depending on goals/time of year.. For winter I'm hoping to have a month it two at 3 days to really focus on recovery n growth.. Any advice with templates/plans to build a lean bulk moderate volume program would be awesome..

Thanks
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321
    I do alternating weeks of high volume and low volume for size.
    I do conditioning in some form every session for endurance/conditioning.
    Could u post or pm me a template/sample weekly routine if u have time n don't mind? I Iove seeing other ppls full routines n trying to adapt to my own.. Thanks man
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  22. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Could u post or pm me a template/sample weekly routine if u have time n don't mind? I Iove seeing other ppls full routines n trying to adapt to my own.. Thanks man
    if you google 5/3/1 write-up, you'll find some info on different routines for it as well as a spreadsheet to use for your % calculations

the book is worth the $20 too
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by longhornsp View Post

I love it actually, doing PHAT (power/hyper routine) but going right back to 5/3/1 in about 10-12 weeks when I'm eating closer to maintenance and need to focus on maintaining (or slightly increasing) strength.
    I've been on for 3 cycles, but haven't doing the deload weeks, so now it's time to do it after my last deadlift session.
    I haven't been squat for a month before the cycle nor doing real deadlifting session because I had not the required equipment at home.

but here is my progression on the main lift.

(I'm 5.5 for 158)

Squat : 225*11 to 300*7
    bench : 250*1 to 260*1 (I think I over estimated my max)
    deadlift : 270*5 to 310* ??(result on monday)
    military : 110*10 to 150*4

I think I'll keep using it for a while and then switch to the PHAT program as well which looks good.

Did you do good size progress with the PHAT program ?
  24. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I've been on for 3 cycles, but haven't doing the deload weeks, so now it's time to do it after my last deadlift session.
    I haven't been squat for a month before the cycle nor doing real deadlifting session because I had not the required equipment at home.

but here is my progression on the main lift.

(I'm 5.5 for 158)

Squat : 225*11 to 300*7
    bench : 250*1 to 260*1 (I think I over estimated my max)
    deadlift : 270*5 to 310* ??(result on monday)
    military : 110*10 to 150*4

I think I'll keep using it for a while and then switch to the PHAT program as well which looks good.

Did you do good size progress with the PHAT program ?
    Why haven't you been doing the deload each cycle?? I thought that was a critical part of the plan, but I could be wrong. That's amazing progress as far as strength, dam. GJ!

Size gains are great with PHAT but the volume is h3ll......I usually tweak the split as needed to accommodate my recovery. Muscle are always full and pumped when running this split, one of the nice benefits of the plan

Weight was decent, still having some issues with my shoulder or bicep. Possibly tendonitis ? It hurts the most when I squat, but also bothers me during some of the other lifts. Got a really good pump. Using shorter rest periods and I think my muscle endurance is getting better.

Today's Games:
    Bucs>NO
    Bills>Jets
    Dolphins<KC

Incline DB Press

85 x 8, 5, 5

Hammer Strength Chest Press found my new favorite machine, really good MMC with this movement....one of the few exercises I can really feel my chest doing the work

140 x 9, 9, 7

Incline Cable Flyes

40 lbs, 60 lbs, 40 lbs

Standing Cable Flyes FST-7 style, 30 second rest periods

30 x 10, 10, 10, 10

Smith CG BP

135 x 8, 155 x 9, 175 x 5, 6

Seated Tricep Extension w/EZ-bar

60 x 15, 16
    70 x 14

Cable Rope Pulldowns

50 x 16, 60 lbs, 50 lbs

Ez-bar preacher curl

bar + 10 lbs/each side x 10 reps, bar + 20 lbs/each side x 10 reps

Standing DB Hammer Curls

50 x 10, 50 x 10
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Subbed!

I want to use some mix between 5/3/1 n phat for the winter months n lean bulk.. I usually do very high volume stuff but hoping this program can cut it down for me j get some rest n shorter workouts during the winter.. Greenhorns link above looks great.. I'm just curious as to if anyone else has templates /accessory lifts for example use.. If I plan out my own lifts I tend to end up right back at too high volume lol.. I am addicted to cardio.. Hiit 3xweek n low intensity distance 1x.. I like to train 3-5 days depending on goals/time of year.. For winter I'm hoping to have a month it two at 3 days to really focus on recovery n growth.. Any advice with templates/plans to build a lean bulk moderate volume program would be awesome..

Thanks
    Simplyshredded dot com has a good article on phat written by layne norton.
    There is no need to combine 5/3/1 and phat.
    Phat is a knock off of WSC training. It focuses on nonlinear progression so adding 5/3/1 to it would defeat the purpose. You have ME lifts that rotate every 2-3 weeks with DE lifts that are always the same.
    5/3/1 is periodization based training. Slow increases over time, its ideal to run 5/3/1 for 6 monthes to a couple years, not 2-4 monthes.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Blue Gene/Green Mag Log with 5/3/1
    Heres my log if you wanna see my actual sessions
    But

I do 3/5/1 not 5/3/1
    Wave A- 70/80/90%x3, high volume week
    Wave B- 65/75/85%x5, low volume week
    Wave C- 75/85/95%x5/3/1, high volume week
    Wave D- Modified Deload 65/75/85%x3, low volume (I do this deload, then my next deload will be 40/50/60%x5)

Mon-Bench
    Tues-Squat
    Wed-Off
    Thurs-Press
    Fri-Off
    Sat-Deadlift
    Sun-Off

Bench:
    I always start with 20 chins before I do any pressing
    Bench+Chins
    Pressing Assistence
    Row
    Tricep Lift+Upper Back Lift
    Biceps
    Conditioning 10-15min worth

Squat
    Hamstring Assistence
    Quad Lift, usually a unilateral lift
    Core Work

Press
    20 Chins
    Press+Chins
    Dips
    Row+Upper Back Lift
    Tricep Lift+Bicep Lift
    YTLs

Deadlift
    Quad Assistence, usually uni-lateral work
    Hamstring Lift
    Core Work

Low volume weeks I do 3 sets for 8-20 reps on my assistence lifts
    High volume weeks I do 5 sets for 8-20 reps on my assistence lifts
    I only pick to main lifts a week to try to PR on
    Conditioning Work includes circuits with the prowler, bear crawls, trap work, farmers walk, sprints, ect.
    Chins are always done inbetween every pressing set, always.
    I usually got for rep PRs on assistence in low volume weeks and weight PRs in high volume weeks.

Btw to the guy who doesnt deload, just do it. Your not doing 5/3/1 if you dont deload...
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I believe there is a PHAT/5-3-1 hybrid written by a scivation athlete on M&S i wanna say?? I know I read it there. Volume is insane...
    RecoverBro ELITE
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by longhornsp View Post
    Why haven't you been doing the deload each cycle?? I thought that was a critical part of the plan, but I could be wrong. That's amazing progress as far as strength, dam. GJ!

Size gains are great with PHAT but the volume is h3ll......I usually tweak the split as needed to accommodate my recovery. Muscle are always full and pumped when running this split, one of the nice benefits of the plan
    Because I've been used to higher intensity for a long period so, getting back to 4 workouts a week was pretty easy and i wasn't that tired but yeah i should have followed the plan, which will be necessary for the next cycles, I'm on the big but boring for military press and deadlift. It feels pretty good but it was only 5*10 for now.
    5*20 will be very hard

I'll keep you update if you wish.

Did you take any pictures for the before/after comparaison for the PHAT program ?
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Really interesting you find the hammer strength chest press machine so useful. I'm glad you found something, though.

Here's something I've been doing since July that's helped me immensely feel the chest muscles get hammered doing bench work. After I'm more or less set up on the bench, I like to go through the motion of pulling a rubber band apart with my hands until my hands are at my sides basically. Then, keeping my back tight, I repeat said motion. I really feel this helping me open up my chest so that all the muscles get stretched during the eccentric portion of the press (it probably also plays more of a role during the concentric, too, if you do this!).

Just thought I'd share this with you. If you try it on your next bench session, let me know how it goes. It works for incline, flat or decline!
  30. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Because I've been used to higher intensity for a long period so, getting back to 4 workouts a week was pretty easy and i wasn't that tired but yeah i should have followed the plan, which will be necessary for the next cycles, I'm on the big but boring for military press and deadlift. It feels pretty good but it was only 5*10 for now.
    5*20 will be very hard

I'll keep you update if you wish.

Did you take any pictures for the before/after comparaison for the PHAT program ?
    Boring But Big is brutal, that's my go to. I enjoy that one and the Triumverate (sp?)

Didn't take any pictures, might take some soon actually to see where I'm at.

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Really interesting you find the hammer strength chest press machine so useful. I'm glad you found something, though.

Here's something I've been doing since July that's helped me immensely feel the chest muscles get hammered doing bench work. After I'm more or less set up on the bench, I like to go through the motion of pulling a rubber band apart with my hands until my hands are at my sides basically. Then, keeping my back tight, I repeat said motion. I really feel this helping me open up my chest so that all the muscles get stretched during the eccentric portion of the press (it probably also plays more of a role during the concentric, too, if you do this!).

Just thought I'd share this with you. If you try it on your next bench session, let me know how it goes. It works for incline, flat or decline!
    That's an awesome tip! I saw that somewhere elitefts I believe and do it every once in a while to get shoulder blades tight before benching, but I should do more often. Never thought to do it on the other chest moves.

I do like the HS machine, I think if I shorten the range of motion a little bit it might feel even better. Sometimes I use too much ROM and take the tension on the muscle being worked
  31. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

shoulder is a little tweaked, didn't feel 100 on the shoulder presses

Press

155 x 5, 150 x 5, 155 x 4

Arnold Press

35 lbs x 15, 35 x 8

Lateral Raises

40 x 12, 45 x 8, 25 x fail

HS Lat Pulldowns

200 x 12, 230 x 12, 10

Yates Rows

135 x 12, 185 x 8, 205 x 8

Seated Cable Rows with a Rope attachment

90, 90

Seated Cable Rows with str8 bar

DB Shrugs

130 x 15, 15
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Nice sessions man, I bet you could do much more weight on your yates rows if you try.
  33. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Nice sessions man, I bet you could do much more weight on your yates rows if you try.
    yeah probably, had to take it a little easy my back felt terrible....could be from the volume of these workouts or i just didn't stretch it out enough

Upper Body Power

Flat Bench

225 x 5, 225 x 5, 225 x 4 wooo-hoo lol....almost got the last rep but my wife had to help me out

Weighted Dips

70 x 9, 6

DB Shoulder Press on a flat bench with no back support

60 x 7

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press

140 x 10, 180 x 5

Pendlay Rows

135 x 5, 185 x 5, 225 x 5, 225 x 5

Hammer Curls w/DB

55 x 10, 10

Ez-bar Curls

90 x 10

Skullcrusher

90 x 3 (lulz)
    standing overhead extensions 90 x 10, 10
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Late but following now! Get it done!
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Also meant to ask, do you mind posting your current supps list?
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  37. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Late but following now! Get it done!
    Welcome!
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Just decided that I will be using PHAT for my next training phase. Coming off 5x5.

I'll be back here for some more of your posts on workouts
    RecoverBro ELITE
  39. Advanced Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Just decided that I will be using PHAT for my next training phase. Coming off 5x5.

I'll be back here for some more of your posts on workouts
    Nice, link me to a log if you do one for it.

I'm loving the split right now. Had an awesome chest hypertrophy workout yesterday. I'll post up some updates tomorrow morning, gotta get to bed early so I can get in my back/shoulder workout in the am before work
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Real nice dips on that last workout you posted, man.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 10:50 PM
  2. 1st cycle.......beast mode!!
    By dess in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 12:06 AM
  3. Marathons more dangerous than steroids? (article)
    By UnicronSpawn in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:45 AM