5/3/1, Half Marathons, PHAT, etc etc. - Beast Mode

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Kroc rows are a heavy weight like your have but the rep range is usually 20-30 reps.

2. I love your training style lol.

Similar to what I do. 5x5 and everything else!
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Kroc rows are a heavy weight like your have but the rep range is usually 20-30 reps.
    sh!t, I ain't doing kroc rows anytime soon then.....i thought it was just the form that he used that made it a "kroc rows"

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I love your training style lol.

Similar to what I do. 5x5 and everything else!
    Thanks....I think its paying off nicely, I've put on some good muscle and strength in the last couple of months

4. Strength was down a little but I focused on making sure every rep was below parallel, which slowed down the reps a little and made it more difficult. Overall pleased with the lifts though. Especially the leg press, these are up a couple of reps each set from last week.

Squats

225 x 3
    255 x 3
    290 x 7

Leg Press

5 PPS x 15, 15, 12, 12, 12

Lying Hamstring Curls

110 x 12, 12, 12, 12

Leg Extensions

115 x 12, 12, 12
    ascending set (no rest) 70 x 7, 85 x 7, 100 x 5

15 minutes of cardio

First time doing cardio in 3-4 months

5. Quote Originally Posted by longhornsp View Post

ROFL

This asian could be a guy at my gym. I see retards like this all the time, although this particular case is made funnier by how the bar isn't even centered AND he's slightly rotated clockwise at the top. Oh man...

First time doing cardio in 3-4 months
    I hear you on this. It's a tough thing, but it pays off!

6. Erase, no need cardio, you got leaner haha

7. You need more hamstring/post chain work for that squat big man.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    ROFL
    I hear you on this. It's a tough thing, but it pays off!
    I was hungry as h3ll yesterday, must have been the combination of a great lifting session and that 15 minutes of cardio (lol). This year's cut is going to be cake. 2-3 days of cardio to start off and I'll be dropping weight quick probably

Quote Originally Posted by nergy View Post
    Erase, no need cardio, you got leaner haha
    wish it was that easy

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    You need more hamstring/post chain work for that squat big man.
    Really? I stole that template from Wendler's blog. The leg press is pretty neutral and then 4 sets each of quads and hams.

What would you have done differently, compared with what I got there?

chest dayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Flat Bench

165 x 3
    190 x 3
    210 x 6

250 x 1

Floor Press

225 x 3, 3, 3

did these in the power rack laying down on the ground, the supports stopped the bar about 2-3 inches short of my chest

Dips

45 x 10, 6, 8
    35 x 6 (drop-set BW x 5)

Flat DB Flyes

35 x 12, 10, 8

Decline Bench

135 x 10, 7, 6

Close grip floor press

135 x 10, 155 x 2 (lol wut), 135 x 5

JM Press

35 x 10 (super-set with bench dips: 35 lbs x 18)

One Arm Overhead Extensions

25 x 10, 8

One Arm (across the body) pull downs

20 x 10, 30 x 12

Rope overhead extensions

80 x 12

did a lot of random stuff towards the end of the workout, I'll have to pick one of these moves next week and stick to it....all of felt good though and got a huge pump in my chest/tri's

9. I think you should leave your decline bench, it won't get you stronger, just my opinion.

10. Quote Originally Posted by nergy View Post
    I think you should leave your decline bench, it won't get you stronger, just my opinion.
    that one is just for hypertrophy.....main goal is size, strength is secondary for me (close second tho)

but i know what you're saying. this is the first time i've done decline in at least 4-6 months probably
    •   

11. You have no reverse hypers, goodmornings, rdls, hypers, or GHRs. I would do Squat, goodmorning, leg press, ab work, and if you dont do leg work on deadlift day id do. Squat, goodmorning, leg press, leg curls/GHRs, abs workout.

12. Have you heard about the "boring but big" 3 months challenge by Jim Wendler ?
    I'll begin it in 1.5 when my cycle will be over. Running it with erase pro, and then anabeta + triazole.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 12:50 AM
  2. 1st cycle.......beast mode!!
    By dess in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 02:06 AM