CLOSE GRIP BENCH
    185-8,3,2-13 rp
    Fat Negatives plus static at end

**DC stretch for triceps**

BENT OVER ROWS
    315-5
    255-11
    Pause when contracted
    Great form on reps except for 5th rep with 315. Had some back rounding right after the 4th rep which sucked, but believe it or not I had been moving right before working out, and after I finished my rows my lower back felt better than it did at the start. Odd.

TBAR NARROW (weight on bar)
    190-8,4,3-15 rp
    Controlled reps, some body English on 15th
    Killed it!

**DC stretch for back**

Well today was an excellent workout. Really strange rp set for shoulder press, but what can I say? I have settled on sticking with the seated shoulder press as since I don't go so deep to the point of absurdity anymore I don't need a spotter for it, so that's good! Also, the one bad thing I have to mention is that while I've been really good at sticking with my prehab exercises, I have not been doing much for my rear delts. At least I've been inconsistent. So I'll have to start getting on that.

Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    FRIDAY 09/23/11

UPPER DAY

DECLINE BENCH
    275-7,4,2-13 rp
    Great negatives plus static at end
    Some body English on 2 but whatever

**DC stretch for chest**

SEATED BB PRESS
    135-9,3,1-13 rp
    Great Negatives and static at end

**DC stretch for delts**

CLOSE GRIP BENCH
    185-8,3,2-13 rp

BENT OVER ROWS
    315-5
    255-11
    Pause when contracted
    Great form on reps except for 5th rep with 315. Had some back rounding right after the 4th rep which sucked, but believe it or not I had been moving right before working out, and after I finished my rows my lower back felt better than it did at the start. Odd.

190-8,4,3-15 rp
    Controlled reps, some body English on 15th
    Killed it!

**DC stretch for back**

Well today was an excellent workout. Really strange rp set for shoulder press, but what can I say? I have settled on sticking with the seated shoulder press as since I don't go so deep to the point of absurdity anymore I don't need a spotter for it, so that's good! Also, the one bad thing I have to mention is that while I've been really good at sticking with my prehab exercises, I have not been doing much for my rear delts. At least I've been inconsistent. So I'll have to start getting on that.
    Goddamn you are strong man. How is the body composition looking?

Bent over rows and bench... you are operating in my 1 Rep Max intensity..... Great work!
    RecoverBro ELITE
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Goddamn you are strong man. How is the body composition looking?

Bent over rows and bench... you are operating in my 1 Rep Max intensity..... Great work!
    Heh, thanks man. I love intense routines, so this is all up my alley. The only thing that hasn't been so intense though is my dedication ... I've been doing some serious slacking on the cardio, lol. Since I had a bad case of cellulitis on my ankle back in aug I haven't done any, but surprisingly my body composition has taken very little of a hit. Sure, I went up from 10-11 to 12-13%, but it's not too bad. Strength is going up, and once I jump on board with the cardio again pending a stable living scenario, I should be pretty good. You may not have read this but I ended my cut/recomp back in July since I had plateaued for 2 months, so I thought I'd just give it another shot next Spring and devote the rest of this time to gaining. Should be fun!
    •   

Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

SUNDAY 09/26/11

LOWER SPLIT

SEATED EZ CURLS 19.5
    50-6,2,1-9 rp
    Fat Negatives plus long static after

HAMMER CURLS
    75-10

**DC stretches for biceps**

DC SEATED CALF RAISES
    155-12
    15 sec holds and negatives
    Didn't feel great on ankles...

LYING LEG CURLS
    160-8,4,2-14 rp
    Fat negatives plus long static at end
    Had to do lying ones as I'm at a diff gym today than normal. Last rep of 2nd rp was kinda lacking rom

BOX SQUATS
    355-6
    265-20

**DC stretches for hams, and quads*

STANDING ROPE AB CURL
    160-15,15,15

LEG RAISES

I had a great workout. I thought it would all suck due to lack of sleep this weekend and tons of more moving, but it was alright once I got into it. The Muscle Marinade really hit me like a train today, so that was a much needed booster. Had a lovely dinner to pat myself in the back for completing the squats (well ok, it wasn't that great - just the usual, plus a grapefruit). Something about grapefruits when you finished a workout, I dont know, but you just crave them.
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Heh, thanks man. I love intense routines, so this is all up my alley. The only thing that hasn't been so intense though is my dedication ... I've been doing some serious slacking on the cardio, lol. Since I had a bad case of cellulitis on my ankle back in aug I haven't done any, but surprisingly my body composition has taken very little of a hit. Sure, I went up from 10-11 to 12-13%, but it's not too bad. Strength is going up, and once I jump on board with the cardio again pending a stable living scenario, I should be pretty good. You may not have read this but I ended my cut/recomp back in July since I had plateaued for 2 months, so I thought I'd just give it another shot next Spring and devote the rest of this time to gaining. Should be fun!
    Im actually contemplating doing that too. My cut/recomp has pretty much hit a wall due to bad planning. Strength is at an all time low.
    Thinking about trying to get STRONGER!!

Cardio...man... I workout at home so cardio is something I RARELY have motivation to do... =\
    RecoverBro ELITE
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Im actually contemplating doing that too. My cut/recomp has pretty much hit a wall due to bad planning. Strength is at an all time low.
    Thinking about trying to get STRONGER!!

Cardio...man... I workout at home so cardio is something I RARELY have motivation to do... =\
    Yeah. It's never really good to run a cut for an extended period of time. Doing it in shorter cycles is always best. Too bad I didnt follow my own advice! At any rate, getting big is pretty fun, but I am trying to not go too hard on this bulk.

And yeah, cardio can suck sometimes. I had a pretty bad knee pain when running, but it's possible it was due to my posture and my running form. After having tons of rehab for it I think I'm gonna give it a shot. Sure as hell more interesting than doing the stepmaster all the time.
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Yeah. It's never really good to run a cut for an extended period of time. Doing it in shorter cycles is always best. Too bad I didnt follow my own advice! At any rate, getting big is pretty fun, but I am trying to not go too hard on this bulk.

And yeah, cardio can suck sometimes. I had a pretty bad knee pain when running, but it's possible it was due to my posture and my running form. After having tons of rehab for it I think I'm gonna give it a shot. Sure as hell more interesting than doing the stepmaster all the time.
    Yea a depressed metabolism.. .hell a depressed everything, especially a self induced one for such a long time sux...

Knee injury is horrible, any joint injury is horrible... gotta get that prehab/rehab work in!
    RecoverBro ELITE
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Man, falling behind with my updates. I've been in the process of moving both myself and my mom to two different places, and I've finally finished. But that and a new job have kept me very busy, so I just haven't had the time. Anyways, I do always keep records, and I like to put them up here if only as a backup since I sometimes mistakenly delete the entries in my ipod.

-------------

TUESDAY 09/27/11

UPPER SPLIT

INCLINED BENCH
    225-6,2,1-9 rp
    PHAT Negs plus long static at end

**DC stretch on incline with dbs**

WIDE GRIP UPRIGHT ROWS
    165-8,4,2-14 rp
    Good Negatives plus static at end

**DC stretch for delts**

DIPS
    80-6,3,1-10 rp
    Hands ****ing died on this not so much triceps. So not too much of a tricep pump

NARROW CHINUPS
    70-7,3,2-12 rp
    Negatives plus static at end

RACK PULLS
    515-3
    455-11
    I just don't ****ing know

**DC stretch for back**

FACEPULLS
    140-15,15,13

This workout was a B. I was happy to have gotten 9 rp with the 225 on the incline, but I was hoping for 1 more to even it out at 10. Also, I didn't do as well as I thought I could have with dips because my hands were hurting so bad in the palms while doing dips. I don't know if it's the grips, or if I'm a *****, but I couldn't finish off the set because my palms were in so much pain. And then there's the rack pulls. WTF I just can't do these anymore, at least not at this setting. Next time I'm going to raise it up a notch and see how it goes...
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

THURSDAY 09/29/11

LOWER SPLIT

BARBELL CURLS
    135-3,2,1-6 rp
    Fat negatives plus static at end
    Perfect form. Just too hard for me lol

PINWHEEL CURLS
    80-14

Holy pumps

DC CALF PRESSES
    +320-12
    15 sec hold

LYING HAMSTRING CURLS
    170-7,3,2-12 rp
    Good negatives plus static at end

HACK SQUATS (weight minus carriage)
    340-6
    250-20
    Oh my god drove this **** so deep I thought I was in shanghai

**DC stretches for hams and quads**

**SUPERSET THE BELOW**
    HANGING AB RIPPER 12x3
    HIP ABD 155-12x3(first set was 15)
    LEG RAISES 20x3
    HIP ADD 155-12x3 (first set was 15)

So, this workout was A+. I was so surprised at how I handled the barbell curls with 135. What was even more surprising was how the most burn was not in the biceps but in the forearms. Looks like that needs some work. As for everything else, I nailed it all! Hack squats were just beautiful.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

SUNDAY 10/02/11

UPPER SPLIT

FLAT BENCH
    235-8,4,2-14 rp
    Fat Negatives plus static at end.

**DC stretch for chest**
    Great stretches

STANDING MILITARY PRESS
    145-6,2,1-9 rp

**DC stretches for delts**

SMITH JM PRESS
    162-8,4,2-14 rp
    Fat Negatives, static at end
    Triceps feeling like exploding again

WIDE PULLUPS @ 230
    65-6,4,2-12 rp

DEADLIFTS
    485-3 <-- naked and reset each time. tanked
    425-5<-- ""

**DC stretch for back**

This workout rocked. Loved how I put up the bench ... last time I did 235, I was doing it for like 9 rp, max, lol, and without much of a negative. The military press though was strange. While warming up I did something, tweaked my left shoulder, so it started hurting. At 145 it didn't really feel too bad, but after the workout I started feeling some discomfort in the shoulder. It was hard to sleep with it. Everything else was great. Now, as for the deadlift, kinda wanted more than 3 reps. But I won't lie, I got psyched out by the weight. I just looked at it, and immediately I was intimidated. I just thought "this **** is too heavy, I don't want to do it." But I hit it anyways ... just not with all my courage. Also, on the fourth rep my ass shot straight up while my back was still down, so that 4th rep was not going anywhere - so I dropped it and called it a day. I may consider wearing a belt from now on out, see how it helps. I've never deadlifted with a belt before.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

TUESDAY 10/04/11

LOWER SPLIT

SEATED ALT DB CURLS
    65-6,3,1-10 rp
    PHAT negs plus long static
    BIG bicep and forearm pump

REVERSE GRIP CABLE CURLS
    140-18

**DC stretch for biceps**

DC HACK SQUAT CALF PRESS
    320-12
    15 sec hold
    Very nice calf pump

GHR
    40-8,4,2-14 rp

LEG PRESS
    17+35-9
    13+35-20
    Same setup but feeling a lot of glutes
    NOODLE LEGS!

**DC stretch for quads and hams**

STANDING AB CURLS
    160-15,15,15

LEG LIFTS
    20x2

This workout was good. I wish I could have gotten more on the seated DB curls, but it was just so hard. Also, the leg press widowmaker was underwhelming ... I felt my glutes were too involved, and I have no idea why as I was sure I used the exact same setup as I did with the 9 repper. Maybe my feet were up just a inch or half an inch more thus making a difference. Dont know. The GHR was a killer, though, in a good way. I was going to do 40lbs but was NOT feeling it. I'd say it was a good call to stick with 35, lol.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

WEDNESDAY 10/05/11

UPPER DAY

DECLINE BENCH
    285-6,2,1-9 rp
    FAT negatives plus static at end

**DC stretch for chest**

SEATED BB PRESS
    145-9,3,1-13 rp
    Good Negatives and static at end

**DC stretch for delts**

CLOSE GRIP BENCH
    195-8,3,1-12 rp

BENT OVER ROWS
    315-7
    265-11
    Pause when contracted
    Wow nice reps

200-8,3,2-13

**DC stretch for back**

Great workout. I was very impressed with the seated shoulder press, and after my workout I noticed how much larger my shoulders are starting to look. I'm so glad they're finally coming together since I haven't had big delts since last year, when my programming was much different (1x day everything except arms, legs, and shoulders (kind of) were twice a week). I probably could have hit 10 on the decline today but I took those reps so slow, lol.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

FRIDAY 10/07/11

LOWER SPLIT

SEATED EZ CURLS 19.5
    50-7,2,2-11 rp

HAMMER CURLS
    75-11

DC SEATED CALF RAISES
    165-12

SEATED LEG CURLS
    215-10,5,4-19 rp
    Fat negatives plus long static at end

BOX SQUATS
    365-2,2 forgot belt at home, god im a ****ing idiot
    275-17

STANDING ROPE AB CURL
    170-12,12,12

LEG RAISES

Today was the biggest waste of time, ever. I forgot my belt at home, so when I got to the gym I had nothing to use for squats. All they had was this POS belt that was about totally worthless. I could seriously get more support out of a rubber band around my waste than that flimsy, paper-thin string excuse of a belt. God, I was so mad. Easiest 365x6, but not without a belt.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

MONDAY 10/10/11

UPPER SPLIT

INCLINED BENCH
    225-6,3,2-11 rp

WIDE GRIP UPRIGHT ROWS
    165-8,4,2-14 rp

**DC stretch for delts**

DIPS
    80-7,2,2-11 rp
    Bad first rep on 2nd rp so I didn't count it

NARROW CHINUPS
    80-5,2,2-9 rp

RACK PULLS
    525-6 <-- naked plus resets, perfect form. Bout ****ing time
    465-11

**DC stretch for back**

1 ARM CABLE REAR RELT FLY
    30-15
    40-15,12

FACEPULLS
    120-20x

So today's workout pretty much kicked ass. I had a bad start as I had the world's worst spotter for the incline bench. The guy was a complete dumbass - told him 3 different ways to let me handle the weight, and he jumped in at rep 3. And believe me, I was not grinding, and I was not pushing the weight up slowly by then, so besides the extended eccentric don't know why he felt compelled to but in. Anyways, I kind of feel like a dick for ragging on a free spotter, but these guys should seriously be certified or something to be allowed to enter a gym before they enter. Anyways, the rest of everything went well, ESPECIALLY DEM RACK PULLS, YEAH BUDDY!! So happy I hit those with great power, form, and consistency. Back to kicking ass. And just in time - I'll need the extra trap and middle back muscles development I get from rack pulls for the deadlift on Friday. Last deadlift day, I kind of chickened out and only hit it for 3x reps instead of 5x. I'll also probably wear a belt this time ... getting too tough to handle that weight without it.
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Jeez those are some NICE lifts. Congrats on the rack pulls. Mean bent over rows too.
    Keep killing it!
    RecoverBro ELITE
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Jeez those are some NICE lifts. Congrats on the rack pulls. Mean bent over rows too.
    Keep killing it!
    Thanks man. Yeah, I was very pleased with the rack pulls. I was definitely on the verge of giving up for a bit (as in taking time off the gym altogether, especially with my squat fail that should not have been). But that upped my motivation, as well as getting over 10 rep with 225 on the incline. Today did not let up on the feats of strength

-----------

WEDNESDAY 10/12/11

LOWER DAY

BARBELL CURLS
    135-3,3,1-7 rp
    Perfect form. Using weight belt like last time really helps u keep ur core stable

PINWHEEL CURLS
    85-11
    eh, I was kind of swinging around with the belt. Dont know if I should not wear it for these, or if I'm just using too much weight for my bodyweight/my core strength/my bicep strength.

Holy pumps

DC CALF PRESSES
    +330-12
    15 sec hold

LYING HAMSTRING CURLS
    170-8,3,2-13 rp

350-6 <-- all but 6th real deep
    260-20
    Rollin' deep

**SUPERSET THE BELOW**
    HANGING AB RIPPER 12x3
    HIP ABD 160-15x3
    LEG RAISES 20x3
    HIP ADD 160-15x3

Beastin'. My quads were seriously getting activated during those bb curls. And then on the hack squat, phew, that was intense. I mean, intense. Everything else was real great today. Could have done better on the leg press calf press, but oh well. I think overall this was an A workout.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

FRIDAY 10/14/11

UPPER SPLIT

FLAT BENCH
    245-6,3,3-13 rp + 1 fp
    Fat Negatives plus static at end.
    Bad setup on first rp and hurt left shoulder. Fixed it and it was fine

**DC stretch for chest**
    Great stretches

STANDING MILITARY PRESS
    145-6,3,1-10 rp
    Great form, too. No cheat except 1 rep (6th)

SMITH JM PRESS
    172-8,3,2-14 rp

WIDE PULLUPS @ 229
    75-5,2,2-9 rp
    Almost 10

DEADLIFTS
    495-3 <-- naked and reset each time. tanked
    425-6<-- ""

**DC stretch for back**

Word.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

WEDNESDAY 10/17/11

LOWER SPLIT

SEATED ALT DB CURLS
    65-7,3,1-11 rp
    Much better form than before but still not where I'd like it to be

REVERSE GRIP CABLE CURLS
    150-18
    Forearm felt like it was tearing in half.

DC HACK SQUAT CALF PRESS
    330-12
    15 sec hold
    Very nice calf pump

GHR
    45-6,3,2-11 rp

LEG PRESS
    18-7 <-- nice, deeper than usual after I did some flexibility stuff
    14-20
    Same setup
    NOODLE LEGS!

STANDING AB CURLS
    170-15,15,12

LEG LIFTS
    20x3

Loved this workout today. I almost died with those glut ham raises ... they may have been harder than the leg presses, though at 18 plates I finally almost hit failure. I usually don't go that far because I have been known to almost get crushed when the legs went (the machine doesn't have the extra safety pins...) Starting to nail those seated curls very well, but I still have a little bit of swing. Interestingly I get tighter as I get deeper into the set, so it's only the beginning few reps.

Today, I also learned something important. If I stretch my hip flexors and quads (by raising a leg on a 42" box (I think that's the height??) and leaning forward for 10 seconds, relax, and repeat 7 times/leg) then I can hit the leg press a whole lot deeper. So that was real nice. I felt it deep in my quad. I'll have to start doing these for leg presses and hack squats (and maybe even back squats).
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

THURSDAY 10/20/11

UPPER DAY

DECLINE BENCH
    285-6,3,2-11 rp
    Suuup?!

**DC stretch for chest**

SEATED BB PRESS
    155-10,2,1-13 rp
    Good Negatives and static at end
    LOL WTF is with the weird rp sets

**DC stretch for delts**

CLOSE GRIP BENCH
    195-8,4,2-14 rp
    Tbh not sure if I did 9 first rp then 3 second, or 8/4 (as written). Oh well

BENT OVER ROWS
    315-7
    275-11
    Pause when contracted
    I am very comfortable with the form on the 315s, upping the weight next time
    Perfect form on the 275, true and very much liked the hook grip

210-7,3,2-12 rp
    Controlled reps
    Killed it!

**DC stretch for back**

FACE PULLS
    140-14,14,12
    controlled reps

Feels like forever since I had gone to the gym! Damn. Anyways, this session was just simply fantastic. Every exercise was on point. Got an extra 2 reps on decline and CGBP, so now I'll move up on those two. My shoulder press, wow, I don't even know. But I also don't know how I both got 10 reps on the first rp and then only 2 on the 2nd. But it all came out to 13, which was both great but not "can-only-be-explained-by-steroids," so at least I know things are normal. I really improved on the bent over rows (my grip having improved likely helped). This plus T-bar left my back just shot. It felt amazing. I haven't felt this in a long time. The added face pulls really felt great for my rear delts and traps. Gonna wait until Saturday to lift again. I have a wedding to go to on Sunday, so it would be unreasonable to lift tomorrow then on Sunday (or worse, on Saturday, 3 back-to-back days). So that'll be that.
    Stats
    6'2"  271 lbs.

SOLID ROUTINE TOROBESTIA! JUST CURIOUS ON WHY YOU DO STANDING INSTEAD OF KNEELING AB CURLS? AND AS FAR AS YOUR STRETCHING, IS THIS YOUR DC STRECTH OR WAS THIS DONE BEFORE OR DURING THE LEG PRESS? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE INFO BRO!

LOWER SPLIT

SEATED ALT DB CURLS
    65-7,3,1-11 rp
    Much better form than before but still not where I'd like it to be

REVERSE GRIP CABLE CURLS
    150-18
    Forearm felt like it was tearing in half.

DC HACK SQUAT CALF PRESS
    330-12
    15 sec hold
    Very nice calf pump

GHR
    45-6,3,2-11 rp

LEG PRESS
    18-7 <-- nice, deeper than usual after I did some flexibility stuff
    14-20
    Same setup
    NOODLE LEGS!

STANDING AB CURLS
    170-15,15,12

LEG LIFTS
    20x3

Loved this workout today. I almost died with those glut ham raises ... they may have been harder than the leg presses, though at 18 plates I finally almost hit failure. I usually don't go that far because I have been known to almost get crushed when the legs went (the machine doesn't have the extra safety pins...) Starting to nail those seated curls very well, but I still have a little bit of swing. Interestingly I get tighter as I get deeper into the set, so it's only the beginning few reps.

Today, I also learned something important. If I stretch my hip flexors and quads (by raising a leg on a 42" box (I think that's the height??) and leaning forward for 10 seconds, relax, and repeat 7 times/leg) then I can hit the leg press a whole lot deeper. So that was real nice. I felt it deep in my quad. I'll have to start doing these for leg presses and hack squats (and maybe even back squats).[/QUOTE]
    It's easy, just lift heavy!
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Hey Hardcore! I used to do kneeling rope ab curls, but from everything I've read from powerlifters (the ones who need core strength to support one grand squats and so forth) they always do standing ab curls. Supposedly it's just that it translates better to actual movements like the squat and deadlift. I don't really know. I will tell you the trick to doing them - well there are 2 tricks, and they depend on the equipment you use and your body. I do them on a lat pulldown. The most common thing is to look away from the lat pulldown machine and stand such that I think your knees are supported on the seat, your legs are going under the thing that keeps your legs pinned down on the lat pulldown machine, and your feet are wrapping around the top of the feet supports, the same ones you usually put your feet under when doing lat pulldowns. I can't do this because my legs are too long. What I do instead is I face the lat pulldown, put my feet really close together, and I kind of shove my feet right against the piece of metal that's coming down from the seat of the lat pulldown. This allows me to move the weight (at 170 now) and not fly around, which will happen otherwise. I know this explanation is very vague. I would tape myself, but I don't have a camera and dont work out with anyone who would video me on my phone.

As for the stretching, here's what happened. I stretched out my hip flexors/quads (the stretch I talk about in the paragraph) before (well actually after my first warmup set) the leg press. That's what I think helped my mobility. The DC stretches I did after everything on the leg press. Hope that answers your questions.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

So, another football game today, another day the university shuts down so that everyone in town can watch our team blow. I don't understand...

Thus, I am at the gym I hate today since none of the others are open. In hindsight, though, I actually did very well here today. The different preacher bench I think really helped me get a sick stretch on the bicep curls, hitting them really hard. So I do not mind that. My one qualm with the equipment that I needed for today was that the seated ham curl machine was hidden amongst the 50 or so treadmills at the gym (so I didn't use it ) and that the benches are a different height from the ones at my usual gyms - I know I went past parallel on the squat, but I dont know if it was 1/2" or 2" (the ones at my usual gym help me go 2").

Anyways, lets begin with the log:

SATURDAY 10/22/11

LOWER SPLIT

SEATED EZ CURLS 19.5
    50-5,1,1-7 rp
    At THE **** gym, diff setup. But, felt incredible... Might be a better preacher bench than at the other 2 gyms

HAMMER CURLS
    75-12

Retarded bicep pump

DC SEATED CALF RAISES
    175-12

BOX SQUATS
    365-6
    275-20
    W3333333333333rrrrrrrrrrd

STANDING ROPE AB CURL
    ???-15x3
    I didn't know what the weight was. I tried putting it at 170, but with all the pulleys it felt like it was 40lbs lol. So I set it at 265 (the highest) to do these

LEG RAISES

Completely wrecked the squats. I left at least one in the tank on the 365, but the 275 widowmaker was really hard. Oddly enough, it was hardest on my quads! Pretty cool, but kind of weird. I ate gloriously that evening.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

MONDAY 10/24/11

UPPER SPLIT

INCLINED BENCH
    235-5,2,1-8 rp
    Not so hot on 2 reps lol

Chest feels like it was hammered to a pulp

WIDE GRIP UPRIGHT ROWS
    165-8,5,3-16 rp

**DC stretch for delts**

DIPS
    90-6,3,1-10 rp
    Inch away from 11th rep damn!

NARROW CHINUPS
    80-5,2,1-8 rp
    Time to swap this out

RACK PULLS
    535-4 <-- naked plus resets
    475-11

**DC stretch for back**

Great workout. That incline bench, man, what a monster ... I could not take it on at all. I think next week not only will I do better on it because of strength gains but also because of neuroadaptation. I was just not ready to handle it at all (it is 10lbs down from my 1RM on the incline when I last tested my 1RM). Don't get me wrong, I had perfect form on all but 1 or 2 reps, but I dont think I pushed myself enough. My suspicion is based on the fact that my static hold was about 25 seconds long, or about 15 seconds longer than any other static hold I've held. I did crush dips. I am swapping out chinups for the hammer strength iso lateral machine, especially since I am working out at a diff gym for this workout so that I have a rack with the best pin settings for my rack pulls - and this gym has that machine. Rack pulls, well ... they went ok. I lost my grip so hard on the 5th rep. I still had a 5th in me, but I could not hold on to the stupid bar. I might not try 535 again next time and just go for 545, I dont know yet. I am happy that I got 11 reps with 475 (bear in mind I got 13 reps with 505 back around July or August, but I didn't reset my reps then).
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

WEDNESDAY 10/26/11

LOWER SPLIT

BARBELL CURLS
    135-3,1,0-4 rp
    Gonna need to drop the weight on this, possibly swap the exercise

PINWHEEL CURLS
    85-11

Christ my biceps and forearms feel like exploding

DC CALF PRESSES
    +340-12
    15 sec hold

LYING HAMSTRING CURLS
    170-8,3,2-13 rp

360-5 <-- kinda shallow, idk, but legs did feel like total crap afterwards
    270-20 <-- buried all of these. Now thats how u do it

**SUPERSET THE BELOW**
    HANGING AB RIPPER 12x3
    HIP ABD 160-15x3
    LEG RAISES 20x3
    HIP ADD 160-15x3

This workout was beyond painful. Dear God, everything was hurting by the end, and I just felt like throwing up. I forgot how hard it can be to do 4 plates on the hack squat machine, even more so when you go so low. However, I did not go as low as I did the weeks before. I don't know what it was, but when I was down in the hole I felt like I had absolutely nothing to get up. I did, but it took 150% effort to do it. I think people in the gym were getting concerned by my noises, lol. The widowmaker I hit really, really well, and the reps were all at the depth I like them to be (real deep, ass to heels basically except an inch higher on like 5 reps). This bicep curl thing is interesting as it is the second time I have gone down in reps. Perhaps it's a sign I need to rescale things. In fact, my middle back is feeling very sore lately, and I am thinking that I'm going to have to put a stop to my DC blast and cruise for a week very soon. I'm going to wait and see how deadlifts go on Friday before I make a call to take this blast into at least the end of the DC microcycle (squat day) or if I should end it then. Ideally, I will squat before I cruise, so we'll see.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

FRIDAY 10/28/11

UPPER SPLIT

FLAT BENCH
    255-5,3,3-11 rp
    Great Negatives plus static at end.
    Bad setup on first rp and hurt left shoulder again. Idk why it keeps happening

**DC stretch for chest**
    Great stretches

STANDING MILITARY PRESS
    145-7,2,1-10 rp
    Form was not on point. I think that bench session is part to blame

SMITH JM PRESS
    182-5,3,2-10 rp

WIDE PULLUPS @ 239
    75-5,2,1-8 rp

DEADLIFTS
    505-2 <--- naked reps plus reset each time
    445-6 <-- same as above

So, today was an interesting day. I had no music since my headphones broke, which is roughly equivalent to not taking a pre-workout before lifting. It-sucked-hard. My flat bench continues to have serious problems as I can't get the right form at first. It always bothers my shoulder. But after the first rp, it's completely gone - it goes away; and I also seem to not be totally taxed as my 3rd rp is the same as my second?? Anyways, last thing worth noting, besides my huge weight (240 now) is how I nicked a callus during heavy DLs, and when I went to rep 445 and set it down, I noticed I had torn the skin from my left ring finger completely off, starting at that nuckle-ish part of the palm. Bummer. So now I'm wearing lifting gloves for lifting, lol. I couldn't do my back stretch because of this, btw.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

SUNDAY 10/30/11

LOWER SPLIT

SEATED ALT DB CURLS
    65-7,3,1-11 rp
    Much better form than before !!

REVERSE GRIP CABLE CURLS
    150-18

DC HACK SQUAT CALF PRESS
    340-12
    15 sec hold
    Excruciating calf pump

GHR
    45-6,3,2-11 rp

LEG PRESS
    18+10-11 LMFAO
    14+10-20

STANDING AB CURLS
    170-15,15,15

LEG LIFTS
    20x3

Alls I gotta say is, I have no idea where that leg press set came from. I felt like I could do it all day, but as soon as I stopped, I tried to get up and check to see if I had put the right weight on when I proceeded to faceplant in front of many people - my legs had given out. They were totally numb. I guess I had put the right weight on there afterall.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

MONDAY 10/31/11

UPPER DAY

DECLINE BENCH
    295-6,3,2-11 rp
    Suuup?!!

**DC stretch for chest**

SEATED BB PRESS
    165-6,2,1-9 rp

**DC stretch for delts**

CLOSE GRIP BENCH
    205-6,3,3-12 rp

BENT OVER ROWS
    325-5
    285-11
    Pause when contracted

220-4,2,1-7 rp
    Controlled reps

**(half) DC stretch for back** <--- with my torn up hand, I can't hold on for more than ~35 seconds

What a great workout session. So, I thought I could put up more weight on the sitting shoulder press, but I suspect I didnt not only because I'm approaching a upper limit but also because I didn't have music that I did so subpar. But if I'm approaching my upper limit, then having that sort of drastic sloping is expected. Everything else was simply great. Also, all of my upper back feels like it's going to tear in half.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

WEDNESDAY 11/02/11

LOWER SPLIT

SEATED EZ CURLS 19.5
    50-8,3,2-13 rp

HAMMER CURLS
    75-12

Retarded bicep pump

DC SEATED CALF RAISES
    185-11
    Rp twice for 5 sec bc of pain

SEATED HAM CURLS
    215-12,6,3-21 rp
    Great negs plus static at end

BOX SQUATS
    375-5
    285-20
    Almost gave up at 16, real challenge mentally

STANDING ROPE AB CURL
    170-15,15,15

LEG RAISES

What a ridiculous session. I realized that the reason I did so poorly last time I did this workout on the preacher was because I actually wrote the weight down wrong - it was 55 lbs on each side, not 50. I put on 50 this time and cranked out 13 reps no problem. Also, the rest of my workout was fabulous. I could have gotten 6 on the squats but my form was so bad on the 4th and 5th rep I had to stop - 5th rep was like a good morning. Plus, since I hit the widowmaker hard and finished it, I feel ok as that's what matters the most to me. Anyways, good times. Last workout this week is Friday, then I'm off to D.C. for the weekend. Will be back Monday for more shenanigans
    Stats
    6'2"  271 lbs.

DO YOU DO YOUR UP RIGHT ROWS ON THE SMITH OR FREE WEIGHT? WHENYOU DO RACK PULLS DO YOU USE STRAPS OR HOOKS?

UPPER SPLIT

INCLINED BENCH
    235-5,2,1-8 rp
    Not so hot on 2 reps lol

WIDE GRIP UPRIGHT ROWS
    165-8,5,3-16 rp

**DC stretch for delts**

DIPS
    90-6,3,1-10 rp
    Inch away from 11th rep damn!

NARROW CHINUPS
    80-5,2,1-8 rp
    Time to swap this out

RACK PULLS
    535-4 <-- naked plus resets
    475-11

**DC stretch for back**

Great workout. That incline bench, man, what a monster ... I could not take it on at all. I think next week not only will I do better on it because of strength gains but also because of neuroadaptation. I was just not ready to handle it at all (it is 10lbs down from my 1RM on the incline when I last tested my 1RM). Don't get me wrong, I had perfect form on all but 1 or 2 reps, but I dont think I pushed myself enough. My suspicion is based on the fact that my static hold was about 25 seconds long, or about 15 seconds longer than any other static hold I've held. I did crush dips. I am swapping out chinups for the hammer strength iso lateral machine, especially since I am working out at a diff gym for this workout so that I have a rack with the best pin settings for my rack pulls - and this gym has that machine. Rack pulls, well ... they went ok. I lost my grip so hard on the 5th rep. I still had a 5th in me, but I could not hold on to the stupid bar. I might not try 535 again next time and just go for 545, I dont know yet. I am happy that I got 11 reps with 475 (bear in mind I got 13 reps with 505 back around July or August, but I didn't reset my reps then).[/QUOTE]
    Stats
    6'2"  271 lbs.

WITH YOUR BOX SQUATS, DO YOU USE A CERTAIN HIEGHT BOX? Dou you measeure from the floor to the back of your knee or lower? Jus t curious cause ive heard its best to use a box or platform 3 inches lower than you the back of your knee.

So, another football game today, another day the university shuts down so that everyone in town can watch our team blow. I don't understand...

Thus, I am at the gym I hate today since none of the others are open. In hindsight, though, I actually did very well here today. The different preacher bench I think really helped me get a sick stretch on the bicep curls, hitting them really hard. So I do not mind that. My one qualm with the equipment that I needed for today was that the seated ham curl machine was hidden amongst the 50 or so treadmills at the gym (so I didn't use it ) and that the benches are a different height from the ones at my usual gyms - I know I went past parallel on the squat, but I dont know if it was 1/2" or 2" (the ones at my usual gym help me go 2").

Anyways, lets begin with the log:

SATURDAY 10/22/11

LOWER SPLIT

SEATED EZ CURLS 19.5
    50-5,1,1-7 rp
    At THE **** gym, diff setup. But, felt incredible... Might be a better preacher bench than at the other 2 gyms

HAMMER CURLS
    75-12

Retarded bicep pump

DC SEATED CALF RAISES
    175-12

BOX SQUATS
    365-6
    275-20
    W3333333333333rrrrrrrrrrd

STANDING ROPE AB CURL
    ???-15x3
    I didn't know what the weight was. I tried putting it at 170, but with all the pulleys it felt like it was 40lbs lol. So I set it at 265 (the highest) to do these

LEG RAISES

Completely wrecked the squats. I left at least one in the tank on the 365, but the 275 widowmaker was really hard. Oddly enough, it was hardest on my quads! Pretty cool, but kind of weird. I ate gloriously that evening.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Hey Hardcore.

For upright rows, I've been using just a barbell. The fixed motion of a smith machine doesn't go over too well for me, and I often end up getting pains in my shoulders, elbows, and wrists if I do heavy upright rows on a smith machine. For rack pulls, I just use my hands, lol. Months before, though, I would use straps.

As for box squats, I always use one of the flat, non-adjustable benches at my gym to squat on. These are usually a couple inches below parallel for me (that is, the top of my hips are a couple of inches below the top of my knees when sitting down). I like that because it helps me hit depth on free squats a lot easier if I train for greater depth, obviously. I'm not sure what that 3" below the back of the knee thing you're talking about is ... it may work, I don't know. If you have really thick legs though I can see it still being too high. Just bring the box with you to a mirrow, align yourself so you see your profile in the mirror, and squat down and see how far you are when you're on top of the box.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

FRIDAY 11/04/11

UPPER SPLIT

INCLINED BENCH
    235-5,2,1-8 rp

WIDE GRIP UPRIGHT ROWS
    175-7,4,2- 13 rp

**DC stretch for delts**

DIPS
    90-6,3,2-11 rp
    Kinda questionable 11th, high, but I'll take it for now

HAMMER STRENGTH ISO LATERAL HIGH ROW
    400-9,4,2-15 rp

RACK PULLS
    545-2 <-- naked plus reset. Grip was so off couldn't even try 3rd
    485-11 <-- easy

**DC stretch for back**

Rack pulls were hard since I was wearing these gloves to protect my hands. As a reminder, my hands were cut open doing deadlifts a week or more ago. I nicked a callus, and then it was ripped off as I set the bar down after my last set of deadlifts. Anyways, my grip couldn't handle these rack pulls, but I'm sure I could have gone for 3. Also, I'm rather upset at my performance with the incline bench. I think it's almost time to deload. Indeed I'll have to deload after squats. Sigh
    Stats
    6'2"  271 lbs.

Hey Torobestia,

I completly understand about the delt pain on the smith machine. Im going to try using the the bench next time too. Thanks for the help!
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

MONDAY 11/07/11

LOWER SPLIT

BARBELL CURLS

135-4,1,2-7 rp
    Grip gave out 2nd rp, thus the weirdness. Kinda almost had 3rp at end but cheated

PINWHEEL CURLS
    85-12

Christ my biceps and forearms feel like exploding still

DC CALF PRESSES
    +350-12
    15 sec hold

LYING HAMSTRING CURLS
    180-6,2,2-10 rp
    3rd rep on 2nd rp was not full rom

370- 5<-- real good ones, phew
    280-20 <-- near impossible, I'm feeling really burnt out now

**SUPERSET THE BELOW**
    HANGING AB RIPPER 12x3
    HIP ABD 170-12x2
    LEG RAISES 20x3
    HIP ADD 170-12x3

Didn't do the hip abductor today for 3 sets, only 2, as I was at the gym so late and needed to be back home earlier than I am now. I am really beginning to be worn down by life right now. I am not happy with my new job - in fact, I kind of hate it. I'm also not looking forward to the weekend as I'll be leaving out of town yet again to go visit friends. The commitment was made, and I've let both of the groups of friends I'm visiting down before, so I have to go. I'm also starting to lose cognitive clarity - I am often very absentminded, forgetting my wallet at home, forgetting where I place small items, everything. I am also extremely irritable. Now, I don't think I'm going into hypogonadal mode - my visit with my girlfriend yesterday showed me that. What I do think is that I am just supremely exhausted and need a break - from everything, really. I can't take one from work since I only just began ... but I sure am looking forward to our Thanksgiving break. I'm also thinking of taking a 2 week break from the gym, or at least a 1 week break followed by a 1 week cruise phase. I am long overdue for it - I think I've been going since mid August, which means about 12-14 weeks or more. I have only stalled on a few lifts, but I think it's time for me to break for psychological/health reasons. I am losing it.

Sorry for rant, but I had to put this down and post it somewhere. I do in fact feel a pinch better ... anyways, looking forward to next workout. After I hit squats on I think Tuesday of next week, I'll be taking my much needed break. I'll just do some mid-intensity cardio and start incorporating some HIIT stuff in very small steps. And I dont know, maybe I should get some vitamin D.

At any rate, I didnt really talk about this workout. This workout was really hard, but I am very pleased with how I hit everything. Great depth, form, ROM on lifts, etc. I am also beginning to loosen up my hams as my legs are getting straighter during my DC ham stretches. I am excited by this.
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Ah man, life can get in the way. I think you should take that break. Get the job thing squared away,or at least under control then get back in the gym. Cortisol is a horrible hormone to elevate. And excess stress, not enough sleep can produce too much cortisol and then steal valuable raw material to make testosterone. Not a good place to be in. Good job in identifying it and realizing that the break is needed.

I look forward to your return, enjoy your time off man.
    RecoverBro ELITE
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Hey, matt. Not too sure if I'm gonna break at this moment (indeed I had a workout I'll post soon since my last post here =p ) I definitely plan on deloading (or rather week off) after my next squat session, which will be either Tues or Wednes. I should have taken off a couple weeks ago after hitting 365x6 on the squat, which was my goal for this micro-cycle, since I also have to take about a week off the week of December 9-12. I'll be out of town for that duration at a concert fest, so no lifting Anyways, after I didnt take off that last time, thought about just milking this until then, but obviously that's a terrible idea. So, next week it is.

Anyways, lets talk lifting now:

WEDNESDAY 11/09/11

UPPER SPLIT

FLAT BENCH
    265-5,2,1+1-8 rp plus 1 fp
    Great Negatives plus static at end.
    Finally awesome setup. Pain free!!

**DC stretch for chest**
    Great stretches

STANDING MILITARY PRESS
    155-5,2,1-8 rp
    A few cheat reps here lol oh well

SMITH JM PRESS
    182-8,3,2-13 rp
    Triceps feeling like exploding holy ****

WIDE PULLUPS @ 235 (? Think this is an underestimate)
    75-5,2,1-8 rp

DEADLIFTS
    505-3 **** my grip lol
    435-7 hell yeah

**DC stretch for back**

Great session, man. I was hoping to hit 9 reps on 265 for bench, but 8 was fine especially considering 1) it was pain free, 2) those reps were executed with a pretty hard eccentric, and 3) my chest felt obliterated afterwards. All other lifts I can't complain about, except my pullups. I dont know if I plan on switching these out or not. I might just drop the weight by 20lbs after my cruise and feel things out from there. I might even drop it by 30lbs and see if I can find a really consistent form to follow. As of now, not only are my pullups hard for me, but they feel very uncomfortable on my biceps which I think is a sign I'm doing it wrong.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

FRIDAY 11/11/11

LOWER SPLIT

SEATED ALT DB CURLS
    65-7,3,2-12 rp
    Bicep feels wet and like tearing

REVERSE GRIP CABLE CURLS
    160-18

DC HACK SQUAT CALF PRESS
    350-12
    15 sec hold
    Excruciating calf pump

GHR
    45-6,3,2-11 rp

LEG PRESS
    18+25-12 Jesus why did I get so strong on this suddenly
    14+25-20 hit some really nice deep ones. Had 2 shallow but omg these more than make up. Legs obliterated

STANDING AB CURLS
    170-15,15,15

LEG LIFTS
    20x3

What a killer session. I actually probably could have hit up the 70s for seated db curls but it's just as well I didn't. I'm also going to run into problems with that reverse curl on the cable machine. The weight actually only goes up to 150, but I put a 10 on the stack in this really half-ass way, and it was hard to keep it on there throughout the set. We'll figure something out.

Also, thought I would update my supplement list, the ones i've been using for a long while since my titaniumXL/erase run ended about a month ago (I did not get good results with it, wont run again):

MuscleFeast Creatine
    MuscleFeast LCLT
    Purus Labs Muscle Marinade
    Controlled Labs Orange Triad
    Triple Dose Fish Oil
    Vitamin D 10,000 IU
    NOW Foods 400mg Green Tea Extract 2-3x/day
    SNS ZMA

So I run a lot of stuff, but at the same time it's not so much. My creatine, LCLT, and Vitamin D will last me the entire year (this is no joke/exaggeration, literally over 365 doses on each product), I dont buy protein powder nearly as often as I used to (probably a 5lb bucket every 2 or more months), and otherwise I just have to re-purchase Orange Triad and EGCG about once a month. Muscle Marinade has 27 doses, and if I work out eod that means about 54 doses give or take, so that's almost two months. So I'm happy with my supplement expenses, and while yes it gives me room to add in more stuff I'd rather spend the money on quality food or just save it up for something more worthwhile.
    Stats
    6'2"  271 lbs.

7 REPS WITH A BW OF 235 AND AN EXTRA 75 LBS? THATS THE SH*T BRO! WELL DONE!!!! Oh and those standing ab curls are harder than i imagined. but i do like the more focused feel in the trunk from doing these compaired to on the floor/machine.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

TUESDAY 11/15/11

UPPER DAY

DECLINE BENCH
    305-5,3,1-9 rp

**DC stretch for chest**

SEATED BB PRESS
    165-6,1,1-8 rp

**DC stretch for delts**

CLOSE GRIP BENCH
    205-8,3,2-13 rp
    Holy crap triceps really torn after this

BENT OVER ROWS
    335-6 <-- jerky with the feet, but held at full contraction for a sec
    295-11
    Pause when contracted. Awesome form but jerky last 4 reps

220-5,3,1- 9 rp

**DC stretch for back**

FACEPULLS
    140-14,14,10

Totally beasted this workout. Loved all my lifts (ok maybe my seated BB press was a little lackluster). I think my jerkiness with the BO rows was not only a thing with the weight and reaching my max capacity but also because I just havent been in the gym for a while (longer than usual). But man, I have such a massive back pump from all this, and I know I hit these well enough so no complaints. After squatting I plan on taking 5 days or a week off from the gym altogether. Will do some cardio, maybe light stuff like step ups, flexibility work, etc, maybe some feeders, but that's about it.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

LAST DAY UNTIL NEXT NEXT MONDAY, GENTLEMEN! Lets see what this kid did for his last workout.

THURSDAY 11/18/11

LOWER SPLIT

SEATED EZ CURLS 19.5
    55-2
    50-2,1,1-4 rp lol..
    Whoops lol put wrong ass weight on the bar and murdered my arms

HAMMER CURLS
    75-13
    I didn't budge and inch on these Jesus, that was scary

Pretty raw feeling everywhere lol....

DC SEATED CALF RAISES
    185-12
    Rp once for 10 seconds just be it was too much lol

SEATED HAM CURLS
    225-12,6,3-21 rp

BOX SQUATS
    385-2 lol
    295-20 F#CK YES, RECOVERY FROM FAIL BEFORE

STANDING ROPE AB CURL
    170-15,15,14

LEG RAISES

Well friends that was a great way to end this massive micro-cycle. Been I think since late August or first of September, without a single break, and I've hit all sorts of number and size PRs. My quads are looking real sweet. I wish I had a camera to show you guys this ****. My entire leg is actually super thick. My back is also very thick looking, and my traps dont look like they belong to me. They're so developed ... not like Mr kleen's (I dont think I've seen traps like that even on a pro, except that Japanese guy whose name escapes me). So I think it will also be time to end the dirty bulk, which actually wasn't so dirty considering the last 3 weeks I have maintained the same weight.

I think the plan is on my time off to do light work here and there, along with throwing in some GPP that may continue into my next micro-cycle. I'll also do some holds as I think there's a real psychological barrier to me squatting anything above 380. I'll probably work up to a single with 365, then do a hold for as long as I can with 405. Maybe repeat this once or twice, and maybe even go down if I have a spotter (I wont even try to get it up on my own). One thing I really love about the upcoming cruise phases is I do step ups, and this exercise is just so awesome feeling. Although I'd like to start doing some hill sprints, I'll probably do all cardio inside. We'll see.

Anyways, that's all for now, folks. See ya in about 10 days (we'll I'll check in but I wont be putting up workouts until then).

Similar Forum Threads

1. Which to believe? Quest Ultra E2 or Standard Quest E2?
    By pcgizzmo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 08:28 AM
  2. AI's Super Swole Stack...GoHard's Quest for Strength Absolute
    By GoHardOrGoHme in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 663
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 10:09 AM
  3. SWOLLEN87's Quest for STRENGTH (with epi)
    By swollen87 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 09:58 AM
  4. Shred-XS/Shred-XS Hardcore
    By UNCfan1 in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 10:56 AM
  5. Shred-XS Hardcore + Shred-XS
    By fatburner2007 in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 06:47 AM