Coorslight HIT training log

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Switching to HIT for the next good while. Full body workouts performed no more than once every 3 days. I'm currently on week #4, each section is segmented into 6 wk training blocks followed by a full 7-9 day layoff from gym altogether. Each rep is performed with a 4 second negative and 2-3 second positive

Here is my first phase lifts so far at week #4, listed in order of current workout

1- leg extension- 210 lbs X 15 reps
2- lying leg curls- 175 lbs X 15 reps
3- barbell squat- 435 lbs X 12 reps (ass to heels)
4- seated calve press machine (seated pushing calves straight out) 6 plates/side x 28 reps

5- bent arm pullovers w/ ez curl bar narrow grip - 135 lbs x 11 reps
6- Incline bench press- 275 lbs x 13 reps (12 all me, help on #13)
7- 1 arm tricep dumbbell extensions- 40 lbs x 13 reps/arm, slow and controlled
8- bent over barbell row/underhand grip- 235 x 15 reps, slow and controlled, 90 degree bent over row

9-biceps dumbell curls (both arms at same time) 40 lb db's x 16 reps(13 good form, + 3 cheat reps)

10- situps on floor- 50 reps

Current cycle is- 525 mg/wk test, blend of prop, iso, enanthate
- 600 mg/wk tren enanthate
- 50 mg/dbol on workout days only

I've been on cycle for almost 6 wks now, I'm dropping the tren to 300 mg/wk instead of 600 and going another 6 wks with it (insomnia too bad, piss too dark colored, anxiety) I'm dropping my dbol altogether as its been 6 wks and would like to lose some of the water weight, keeping test where its add, but adding in some aromasyn real soon when I get some extra money to order it, probably in 1 wk or so. so far gains are good, lots of energy in the gym. Running the dbol w/ tren was a terrible idea and I've felt like absolute crap this run. Never again, and wouldnt suggest anybody else do it either unless they want to feel like garbage. Looking forward to cutting the tren in half so I can finally get some decent sleep and quit feeling like a bitch with hot flashes. Also, workouts are really good, but getting a little boring. I look really forward to switching things up a little after these last 2 wks in phase 1 of the training. Would like to lose a little fluid and lean up as I continue to progress through this HIT journey. Thats all for now, Coors

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
In for this!

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Today, another plateau smasher!! I really wasn't hyped for the gym today, the workouts are getting pretty routine in order and its been the exact same pattern for past month, but WTF I'm gaining so why deviate? Here were todays numbers

1- leg ext- 215/15
2- leg curl- (only 90x15, different gym,totally different machine, this was plate loaded)
3- SQUATS- 445/13 REPS, 10 lb jump since 3 days ago, fell to the ****ing floor afer I racked the bar, breathing harder than hell but smashed through some gains!!

4- calve raise- standing, again different gym, old school machine with belt around my waist w/ resistance, I stacked it at 250 lbs for some ridiculous # of reps, slow and controlled, I quit counting who knows

5- bent arm pullovers- 135 x 15 reps, 3 or 4 reps more than last workout, GAIN
6- incline bench press- took it to 285 this workout, a 10 lb increase since 3 days ago. banged out 10 reps, 8 good ones on my own with 4 sec negatives, 2 w/ help. So we will stay at no more than 285 until I can hit 12 reps w/ it

7- 1 arm tri db extensions- 40 lb/arm x 12 reps each (11 on my own, 1 self spotted) no gain here so stay at 40 lb next time too

8- bent over underhand rows- 240 lbs x 16 reps, 90 degree row, slow and controlled. So 5 lb jump and 1 extra rep than last workout

9- db bicep curls (both arms at same time) 45 lb dumbbells x 20 reps!! (16 solid reps, rest pause, + 2 more, Rest pause + 2 more

10- 50 crunches, DONE!!

Great lifts, motivation through the roof once again. Just keep gaining on this ****, no reason to stop!! photos to come, until next time, peace

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Recovery getting difficult now, the day after my workouts I'm pretty much out of commission for much. 2 days later I start coming around again but its getting harder and harder. I have also found myself eating a little "dirtier" lately but without quick weight gain from it. I feel pretty run down today, I have 2 more wks of this first phase of HIT, and then I change things a little bit, and also include a NTF day (Not to failure) to further help with recovery, which at this point I'm looking real forward to. My guess is within the next 6-8 wks my squat will be 500/10, and incline bench 315/12

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Recovery getting difficult now, the day after my workouts I'm pretty much out of commission for much. 2 days later I start coming around again but its getting harder and harder. I have also found myself eating a little "dirtier" lately but without quick weight gain from it. I feel pretty run down today, I have 2 more wks of this first phase of HIT, and then I change things a little bit, and also include a NTF day (Not to failure) to further help with recovery, which at this point I'm looking real forward to. My guess is within the next 6-8 wks my squat will be 500/10, and incline bench 315/12
Looks good man! How long are your training sessions usually?

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Usually about 45 min- 1 hr long. I try to make my rest breaks only long enough to set up for my next exercise, but sometimes after the squats I end up having to take an extra minute or so b/ it feels like my heart is going to explode!! I wish sometimes I were in a less crowded gym and I could go around setting everything up so it was ready when I got to it.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Usually about 45 min- 1 hr long. I try to make my rest breaks only long enough to set up for my next exercise, but sometimes after the squats I end up having to take an extra minute or so b/ it feels like my heart is going to explode!! I wish sometimes I were in a less crowded gym and I could go around setting everything up so it was ready when I got to it.
I hear you on the squat breaks! I've been doing 20 rep squats and it's a whole other level of pain for me haha. My gym is really small and sometimes it can get a little crowded too. I did a chest/tricep workout and the gym was empty it took me literally 30 minutes or so to kill everything. Guess i got lucky :D

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Decided to take today off from training and give it one more days rest, I didnt sleep good at all last night, maybe 3 hrs at best. This 600mg/wk of tren is killing me, insomnia like ****ing crazy!! Backing down to 300 mg/wk starting today, and will run it out another 6 wks. Yea yea, I know, 12 wks of tren is a lot. But I might as well kick this last vial because it'll do me no darn good after this, and I doubt I'll run tren again anytime soon. I picked up some livercure today and will hit that the next month to try and repair any damage the dbol may have caused.

At this point I'm going to get my next compound stack ready to go, so when the test and tren is over in 6 more wks I will switch to 300 mg/wk primo and HRT dose test for a good while, probably 15-20 wks or so. I'd like to grab a couple kits of Hygetropin and run 2iu/day for the next 20 wks but it'll depend on money. Really leaning towards a decent long term plan, 20 wks or so. Kind of tired of the up and down, highs and lows, and stress of the harsher compounds.

I'll pick up tommorrow in gym after a decent nights sleep hopefully. This will make only my 4th workout in a 14 day time frame.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
yesterday was a good day taking that extra day off really helped. I'm currently at 220 lbs x 15 reps on leg extensions, i switched from free weight barbell squats to a squat machine with same motion but pads over ur shoulders, I did 6 plates/side for 12 reps all the way down. I also did flat bench yesterday instead of incline, I had to change a few things to help with the boredom factor from doing exact same **** in exact same order each workout for past month. Flat bench 275/15 reps like it wasnt ****, would have had 16 reps except for the fact I had one of those moron spotters who lets you practically die under the damn bar before he helps you.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Well its my 5th day in a row eating clean now, or dieting so to speak. My current bodyweight is 234 lbs with abs. Glutes and calves extremely sore from 2 days ago, took today off from weights and just did a brisk walk for 2.5 miles around the track. Everybody is noticing changes in my physique now, they are all telling me the same thing. I'm not only bigger, but harder as well. Its been almost 5 wks into the routine, at this point I doubt I'll ever go back to a traditional style routine or high volume. I'm making changes too fast to switch what I'm doing. My next day in the gym will be on Sunday, so this will make 4 days off from weight training. I started taking Lipolyze fat burner by Species nutrition, its my 4th day on it, it seems to be working already and has my body heated up pretty good. Like I said before, I will switch off to primobolan, HRT dose test in about the next 5 wks or so and run the primo a solid 20 wks. Time to go eat

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Well its my 5th day in a row eating clean now, or dieting so to speak. My current bodyweight is 234 lbs with abs. Glutes and calves extremely sore from 2 days ago, took today off from weights and just did a brisk walk for 2.5 miles around the track. Everybody is noticing changes in my physique now, they are all telling me the same thing. I'm not only bigger, but harder as well. Its been almost 5 wks into the routine, at this point I doubt I'll ever go back to a traditional style routine or high volume. I'm making changes too fast to switch what I'm doing. My next day in the gym will be on Sunday, so this will make 4 days off from weight training. I started taking Lipolyze fat burner by Species nutrition, its my 4th day on it, it seems to be working already and has my body heated up pretty good. Like I said before, I will switch off to primobolan, HRT dose test in about the next 5 wks or so and run the primo a solid 20 wks. Time to go eat
Glad to hear things are going well with HIT for you! I'm experiencing the same thing, i used to use really high volume (2-2.5hour workouts) Ever since switching to super high intense short workouts (45-60min) i've noticed my hunger shooting up, Energy shooting up and strength shooting up. Definitely never going back! Its funny how it seems most peoples strongest body part is the one they train the least and hardest. (Ex. had an old friend in the gym he had HUGE calves i asked him about it and he said he never really trained them, Gotta love squats!) And everything lagging seems to always be over trained. For me it's shoulders but i can already see a difference two weeks in :D. Super glad i started this!

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Glad to hear things are going well with HIT for you! I'm experiencing the same thing, i used to use really high volume (2-2.5hour workouts) Ever since switching to super high intense short workouts (45-60min) i've noticed my hunger shooting up, Energy shooting up and strength shooting up. Definitely never going back! Its funny how it seems most peoples strongest body part is the one they train the least and hardest. (Ex. had an old friend in the gym he had HUGE calves i asked him about it and he said he never really trained them, Gotta love squats!) And everything lagging seems to always be over trained. For me it's shoulders but i can already see a difference two weeks in :D. Super glad i started this!

I'm with ya bro, I have always had this idea in my mind that if I wasn't exercising at least 3-4 days/wk then I wouldn't burn off enough cals to keep from getting fat. Funny thing, its been the opposite!! And I dont need to eat so damn much either, I can eat like 3,000 cals/day and go in there and make faster gains than when I was eating twice as much. Its recovery man, recovery has been my missing link the whole time!! My chest is whats taking off the most, the shoulders and chest finally have time to rest and not be counterproductive from either one or the other not being fully recovered.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I'm with ya bro, I have always had this idea in my mind that if I wasn't exercising at least 3-4 days/wk then I wouldn't burn off enough cals to keep from getting fat. Funny thing, its been the opposite!! And I dont need to eat so damn much either, I can eat like 3,000 cals/day and go in there and make faster gains than when I was eating twice as much. Its recovery man, recovery has been my missing link the whole time!! My chest is whats taking off the most, the shoulders and chest finally have time to rest and not be counterproductive from either one or the other not being fully recovered.
YES!! God this feels awesome hearing someone else making progress from this too! I got so lucky i made good progress from the cluster**** amount of volume i used to do :D One thing you ALWAYS hear about people with strong body parts is they pretty much BARELY train them! I just watched a Zack Khan video he said he hasn't trained biceps in 6 months. Back day was all he needed. My shoulders are FINALLY growing too! Same with back/biceps/triceps almost everything. So many people forget recovery is a key role. I just got back from training legs and i did literally 5 sets TOTAL. 2/squat, 1/leg extension, 1/leg curl, 1/calve raise. They were all huge drop sets. Really excited to see how i progress! It's been just 2 weeks and i already see a bunch of progress. You look like your having the same experience too man this is just the golden **** haha :bigok: Everything is good to go now!

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
Here is my first phase lifts so far at week #4, listed in order of current workout

1- leg extension- 210 lbs X 15 reps
2- lying leg curls- 175 lbs X 15 reps
3- barbell squat- 435 lbs X 12 reps (ass to heels)
4- seated calve press machine (seated pushing calves straight out) 6 plates/side x 28 reps

5- bent arm pullovers w/ ez curl bar narrow grip - 135 lbs x 11 reps
6- Incline bench press- 275 lbs x 13 reps (12 all me, help on #13)
7- 1 arm tricep dumbbell extensions- 40 lbs x 13 reps/arm, slow and controlled
8- bent over barbell row/underhand grip- 235 x 15 reps, slow and controlled, 90 degree bent over row

9-biceps dumbell curls (both arms at same time) 40 lb db's x 16 reps(13 good form, + 3 cheat reps)

10- situps on floor- 50 reps
Very encouraging stuff bros. I'm doing DC (HIT) training as well. I'm really liking it so far. I'm trying to get a good partner, so for now I'm flying solo. Not too helpful with beyond failure stuff. I quoted your program to ask how your sets break down? I'm doing two warm up sets at 12 & 10 reps followed by one working set of 8, rest pause, 4 or so, rest pause, then 3.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Very encouraging stuff bros. I'm doing DC (HIT) training as well. I'm really liking it so far. I'm trying to get a good partner, so for now I'm flying solo. Not too helpful with beyond failure stuff. I quoted your program to ask how your sets break down? I'm doing two warm up sets at 12 & 10 reps followed by one working set of 8, rest pause, 4 or so, rest pause, then 3.
This is going to sound kind of crazy, but the only thing I really do a warm up on is chest, and its usually just 135 for 6-8 reps or so, then jump right into 275 or so. The first couple reps are so slow and controlled that they are actually kind of a warm up within a work set. The quads get warmed up enough from doing the leg extension set first, I have not had any other problems with warming up on this routine. I have gotten so in touch with my body and so much control over the weights I move that the first 2-3 reps are actually a warm up within a work set, as I said before.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
I worked out again tonight, after a full 2 days off. More plateaus shattered!! Leg extension got taken up to 225 lbs x 15 reps, however these were slower reps, so slower AND heavier this time. Squat machine was 6 plates/side + 5/side, for 15 reps, so 10 lb jump AND 3 extra reps. 5 lb increase on incline bench, did 280/12, needed a little help on last 2 reps though, I will stay at 280 until I get all 12 on my own w/ 4 second negatives. Did an additional 10 lbs on EZ bar curls, 100 lb EZ curl bar x 12 reps, good and slow. plus 20 lbs on lat pulldowns, so 180/15 reps no wrist straps and slow. After eating clean for 7 days straight I decided to go get a pizza post workout, God it felt great!! pizza and a huge glass of apple juice, I was in heaven!! I think this Lipolyze fat burner is working pretty good too, my body seems to stay pretty hot. Also very pleased that I was able to cut my dosages down and still continue to gain strength, that 600mg/wk tren was just too ****ing much, totally not necessary to go that high, 300 mg/wk max, actually 75mg 3x/wk is plenty to do what you need to. I weighed myself tonight, I'm 236.2 lbs with pants and tank top. I'm not as lean as I'd like to be, but I'm really just trying to get as lean as I can but still stay in that bf% range to get stronger and bigger. I'd like to get under 9-10% if I can. Here are a couple pics as of tonight just to show you guys where I'm currently at. My arms measure 18 1/2" cold, waistline is 35", legs around 28-29", calves are 19". Chest, not sure, probably close to 50". Until next time...

Attachments

lucasta

Awards
awesome results bro. I will starting an almost identical routine tomorrow. I just took about 12 days off from lifting to let my joints and tendons heal up a bit and im chomping at the bit to get started tomorrow. Really glad to see this is working as I was skeptical after reading this book i just bought on HIT. Im like, u mean i only have to lift 3 days a weeks and only do 10-12 exercises with only 1 set and Ill grow lol? Hopefully my results will be similar to yours however Im currently 3 weeks into PCT and I feel like im small and weak. lol gotta love the test the dbol

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
awesome results bro. I will starting an almost identical routine tomorrow. I just took about 12 days off from lifting to let my joints and tendons heal up a bit and im chomping at the bit to get started tomorrow. Really glad to see this is working as I was skeptical after reading this book i just bought on HIT. Im like, u mean i only have to lift 3 days a weeks and only do 10-12 exercises with only 1 set and Ill grow lol? Hopefully my results will be similar to yours however Im currently 3 weeks into PCT and I feel like im small and weak. lol gotta love the test the dbol
Thanks, and yes you would think only training one set to failure/muscle group isnt enough, but it allows you to hit a muscle 2-3x/wk and be fully recovered every time!! Dude, I've thrown a solid 1/2" on my arms in the past 6 wks. This is measured cold with no pump, solid 1/2"!! And I'm a veteran guy with about 15 yrs in the gym, for a less experienced bodybuilder I imagine the gains would be insane!! The hardest part about the rotuines is the boredom factor. When your used to going to the gym 3-5x/wk and doing splits, its almost like you dont know what to do with yourself on a program like this. But the results and gains come so fast I will not divert for a long time. Each phase is divided into 6 wk blocks, then taking a full week off after 6 wks in the gym. Its working, I have improved EVERY SINGLE WORKOUT in either reps or weight. Its no more up and down, good days and bad days- its markable documented gains every lift!! I've had days here and there that I've gone in the gym with ****ty sleep the night before (3 hrs or so) and still smashed through plateus like a raging bull. Now, I've been way more conditioned than this before, not going to lie on that, but not the happy medium of size and condition that I am now. I'm almost 240 lbs right now, abs are not fantastic but not far off either. Good luck with you HIT routine bro!!

lucasta

Awards
Welp so today was the first day. Did 12 exercises total. Some I did and additional set because Im still programmed that way. **** bro. By the 5th exercise my hands are shaking, breathing heavy as hell, about to puke any minute. Never did tho. Basically crawled my way out of the gym. Legs felt like they were gonna collapse at any minute lol. Its a small gym so I wasnt able to go from one thing to the next like a wanted but the longest break between exercises was about 2 mins so not too bad. When i first read the book and saw that you only have to do a few exercises and only 2-3 days a week, i called bull****. I didnt feel the pumps that Im accustomed too but i can tell i put my body and CNS thru hell today. I mean just slowing the reps down and holding the squeeze and the peak makes alot of difference. I was doing like a 4 sec positive and 4 second negative. Usually by the 8th rep i could feel my mind starting to go lol. I had to really push to get 12 reps and on some I just couldnt. This will be interesting to say the least but if i can grow, get stronger and spend less time in the gym then im all for it. Your right about getting bored, im so used to lifting 5 days a week, wth will I do with all this free time?? Oh yeah rest and heal lol

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Hey Coors so do you just do 1 set for each exercise as well? I've been doing 1 huge drop set for each exercise but now i'm thinking if i just go absolutely crazy for one set that it might be enough? I might just do it anyways to get my recovery to top notch because i really really don't want to take a week off. :)

I'm making progress too but i'm always wondering if i could make it better....

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Hey Coors so do you just do 1 set for each exercise as well? I've been doing 1 huge drop set for each exercise but now i'm thinking if i just go absolutely crazy for one set that it might be enough? I might just do it anyways to get my recovery to top notch because i really really don't want to take a week off. :)

I'm making progress too but i'm always wondering if i could make it better....
yes, 1 set/exercise. The only thing I do any other set on is my chest presses, I will do 135 lbs like 6-8 reps, rest about a minute and go right into the work set. I would leave the drop sets alone for now. See, here is the thing. I used to think it took 3-4 sets because of the whole "Recruit more muscle fiber theory" but thats bull****. I truely believe that all the body needs is that exposure to a new stimuli to respond. All the body knows is it did 250 lbs on bench last time, and today it did 260 lbs on bench. It will grow, regardless of whether it was 1 set or 2, or 5. Plus, the one set to absolute muscle failure takes away all other factors that could contibute to whether you beat your last workout or not. When you start getting into drop sets and more than 1 set who knows, was the first set better than last time, was the second set? Was the first but not the second? Who knows, but with just one set its easy. You do it and log your weight you used, and if it wasnt at least 12 reps you DO NOT increase the weight until you get 12 reps. I find myself growing and responding faster from working at this end of the spectrum than just throwing 350 on the bar and doing 5 reps. I look at it like this, if I increase 5 lbs on the bench press for lets say 12 reps, then I've moved 60 lbs more in 1 set. Within the past 6 wks I have lifts such as the squat where I'm moving a total of 2000 lbs more in just 1 set!! I started at 315/20 on squats, now I'm doing that with at least 415, maybe more. In 6 wks!! Like I said before, this warm up thing is really the first few reps within your work set. Your doing them so slow and controlled injury isnt an issue really. Plus, now your hitting those lifts 4,5, or 6x in 2 wks, fresh every time. so its not like its a lift you havent touched in a long time. Just my .02

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Welp so today was the first day. Did 12 exercises total. Some I did and additional set because Im still programmed that way. **** bro. By the 5th exercise my hands are shaking, breathing heavy as hell, about to puke any minute. Never did tho. Basically crawled my way out of the gym. Legs felt like they were gonna collapse at any minute lol. Its a small gym so I wasnt able to go from one thing to the next like a wanted but the longest break between exercises was about 2 mins so not too bad. When i first read the book and saw that you only have to do a few exercises and only 2-3 days a week, i called bull****. I didnt feel the pumps that Im accustomed too but i can tell i put my body and CNS thru hell today. I mean just slowing the reps down and holding the squeeze and the peak makes alot of difference. I was doing like a 4 sec positive and 4 second negative. Usually by the 8th rep i could feel my mind starting to go lol. I had to really push to get 12 reps and on some I just couldnt. This will be interesting to say the least but if i can grow, get stronger and spend less time in the gym then im all for it. Your right about getting bored, im so used to lifting 5 days a week, wth will I do with all this free time?? Oh yeah rest and heal lol

Know exactly where your at, working 10-12 seperate exercises to absolute muscle failure beats the nervous sytem down good. But the nervous system adapts very quickly to this bro, it will get better with time. If it doesnt then take more time off in between workouts

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
yes, 1 set/exercise. The only thing I do any other set on is my chest presses, I will do 135 lbs like 6-8 reps, rest about a minute and go right into the work set. I would leave the drop sets alone for now. See, here is the thing. I used to think it took 3-4 sets because of the whole "Recruit more muscle fiber theory" but thats bull****. I truely believe that all the body needs is that exposure to a new stimuli to respond. All the body knows is it did 250 lbs on bench last time, and today it did 260 lbs on bench. It will grow, regardless of whether it was 1 set or 2, or 5. Plus, the one set to absolute muscle failure takes away all other factors that could contibute to whether you beat your last workout or not. When you start getting into drop sets and more than 1 set who knows, was the first set better than last time, was the second set? Was the first but not the second? Who knows, but with just one set its easy. You do it and log your weight you used, and if it wasnt at least 12 reps you DO NOT increase the weight until you get 12 reps. I find myself growing and responding faster from working at this end of the spectrum than just throwing 350 on the bar and doing 5 reps. I look at it like this, if I increase 5 lbs on the bench press for lets say 12 reps, then I've moved 60 lbs more in 1 set. Within the past 6 wks I have lifts such as the squat where I'm moving a total of 2000 lbs more in just 1 set!! I started at 315/20 on squats, now I'm doing that with at least 415, maybe more. In 6 wks!! Like I said before, this warm up thing is really the first few reps within your work set. Your doing them so slow and controlled injury isnt an issue really. Plus, now your hitting those lifts 4,5, or 6x in 2 wks, fresh every time. so its not like its a lift you havent touched in a long time. Just my .02
I agree with that as well it just helps to hear from someone else! I figured as long as i beat my last weeks lifts then i'm good. It makes perfect sense too because after that one set everything else feels pointless. Like when i would do the drops all it would really be was an aerobic workout because i'd be breathing really hard, plus it was probably necessary since i would do my max lift for the reps then force one more and emphasize a 10 second negative. My workouts DEFINITELY have improved i just want to tweak it out and this should be the end to my old habit of "More is better" Thanks for the reply i'm really glad i chimed into this thread! I'm really excited for my next session now. I improved a lot of my lifts already, ESPECIALLY on pull ups which i would severely overtrain my back and now since i'm letting it grow for once i can't wait to see where i end up at the end of my own 6 weeks. :bigok:

Hopefully i'll achieve a 400 squat of my own sometime soon. :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
So i switched to just 1 all out set per exercise and i MURDERED my previous lifts!!! Incline bench went up 20lbs with around the same reps and decline bench went up 30lbs!! with the same reps. EVERYTHING went up and the one thing that shocked me the most was the rope pushdowns with tear apart on the bottom. Last week i had 45lbs / 7 reps and this week i did 45lbs / 20 reps almost EFFORTLESSLY WITH a negative at the end! I finished in around the same amount of time i gave myself a little more rest between sets and it DEFINITELY paid off! I'm so excited right now i'm not sure if it's due to the crazy drop sets i did but i'm just gonna see how this goes for a month or so! :D

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
UPDATE- well this makes the end of the first 6 wk phase of HIT. my best freind and old time workout partner flew in to visit, have not seen him in almost 2 yrs. I diverted just a little from my program to accomodate lifting with him and working around a couple injuries he has. Bascially we trained our entire body in 2 days, so i did go 2 days in a row, but WTF its my best friend who I haven't seen in so long and it was more so just to spend time in the gym together. Anyways, I didnt realize how powerful I had gotten until going back to a more traditional routine. (although I did not do quite as many sets as he did, incline db press just 1 set and a static hold) but it was ridiculous. Keep in mind I had taken 4 full days off before training with him, but I was just simply playing around with **** he was struggling with. And this is a guy who has always been neck and neck with me if not stronger in most lifts. When he first saw me he was like "GOD DAMN you got f'in huuuggggee!!" so that was cool to hear. Everybody in that gym is saying stuff now "Are you doing a show? What are you doing? Your looking bigger everytime you come in here, Man, I've never seen you THIS big with definition" This **** is working, its working profoundly well!! I'm not necessarily gaining rapid weight, but my body is recompositioning itself and getting denser. I think I'm losing some fat at the same time. I started taking that Lipolyze by Species nutrition, seems to be working well. I'm down roughly 4 lbs in the past 2 wks so far, currently 233.4 lbs mid day. So now its time for 1 full week off from weights, I will hit cardio still 3-4x, but absolutely no weight training for 1 wk, then getting into phase 2 of my routine for the next 6 wks. I'm sitting here having a few beers, going to go out for some pizza with my friend and his wife Saturday since its his last night in town. Going to try and get some things done around my house and not even think about weights for the next 7 days. Time to relax before phase 2. Anyways, here is a quick pic from tonight. I'm not super lean yet, but marked improvement. Until next week, Coors!!

Attachments

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
So i switched to just 1 all out set per exercise and i MURDERED my previous lifts!!! Incline bench went up 20lbs with around the same reps and decline bench went up 30lbs!! with the same reps. EVERYTHING went up and the one thing that shocked me the most was the rope pushdowns with tear apart on the bottom. Last week i had 45lbs / 7 reps and this week i did 45lbs / 20 reps almost EFFORTLESSLY WITH a negative at the end! I finished in around the same amount of time i gave myself a little more rest between sets and it DEFINITELY paid off! I'm so excited right now i'm not sure if it's due to the crazy drop sets i did but i'm just gonna see how this goes for a month or so! :D
Sounds great bro!! Keep going like this with 1 all out set until you can no longer surpass your lifts with good,slow form. So far its been 6 wks for me, and I have made progress every single workout. No more good days or bad, I constantly improve. Keep it up bro, let me know how things go for ya. Hell, feel free to chime in on your updates in this thread as well. That goes for anybody doing HIT training.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Sounds great bro!! Keep going like this with 1 all out set until you can no longer surpass your lifts with good,slow form. So far its been 6 wks for me, and I have made progress every single workout. No more good days or bad, I constantly improve. Keep it up bro, let me know how things go for ya. Hell, feel free to chime in on your updates in this thread as well. That goes for anybody doing HIT training.
Will do! So far this is feeling like the best way to train so far and i really don't see a reason that it will change. Maybe at one point i may need another set or so but it's so simple and basic that you start with the least and there's only one way to go if progress stops! Or possibly a recover week (those are so hard for me i love training) I'll definitely keep you all up on how HIT is working. I'm glad i ran into this as i was contemplating AAS or PH's (Probably still will in the future) but now i have a good solid training style to help me keep progressing. I've always put in the work in the effort and dedication, i just did it in the wrong way without recovery. Let us know how your training goes after your week off!

lucasta

Awards
BTW coorlights, I read the same book you read on this and its what got me wanting to try it. You do look pretty damn big from that pic, if I could ever just get to 200lbs id be happy but I can never seem to break the 180 mark. Ill get up to it then drop 3-4 lbs for no reason. Maybe i should focus on being a lean cut up 175lb. Genetics i guess? Anyway your results are amazing and the enthusiasm is really what i needed to see. This is sooo totally against what everyone in my gym does. But hey then again, Im the only guy doing deadlifts in my gym too. Bunch of mirror watching pretty boys cant handle the hard heavy lifting lol. Today marks my 3rd day on the program and im ready to get in there. Ive been following in the beginners routine 1 listed in the book. I may start adding some cardio in on lifting days just to try and tighten up a bit. Ive done zero cardio in the past 4-5 months but ive been lifting lift an 1 1/2hrs 5 days a week and was just too zapped to do cardio. Btw, not to be nosey but are you on cycle right now?

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
BTW coorlights, I read the same book you read on this and its what got me wanting to try it. You do look pretty damn big from that pic, if I could ever just get to 200lbs id be happy but I can never seem to break the 180 mark. Ill get up to it then drop 3-4 lbs for no reason. Maybe i should focus on being a lean cut up 175lb. Genetics i guess? Anyway your results are amazing and the enthusiasm is really what i needed to see. This is sooo totally against what everyone in my gym does. But hey then again, Im the only guy doing deadlifts in my gym too. Bunch of mirror watching pretty boys cant handle the hard heavy lifting lol. Today marks my 3rd day on the program and im ready to get in there. Ive been following in the beginners routine 1 listed in the book. I may start adding some cardio in on lifting days just to try and tighten up a bit. Ive done zero cardio in the past 4-5 months but ive been lifting lift an 1 1/2hrs 5 days a week and was just too zapped to do cardio. Btw, not to be nosey but are you on cycle right now?

Yes I am on right now, but I cut my tren in half and my total wkly mg's is 800mg/wk between test and tren. Lifts going up despite cutting tren amount in half. Of course the gear will make you a little stronger, but I believe its only about 5% of the equation

lucasta

Awards
Cool bro. Im on my 4th week of pct right now. Feeling like **** and weak as hell. Cant wait to jump back on in couple months. Im thinking about trying out a tri-blend of 100mg primo/100mg tren a/100mg masteron and some test c at 600mg a week. The tri im thinkin of pinning 3x a week. Kinda up in the air on that right now. I think i could get some lean gains off that and it not be too harsh on sides. Got my workout over in about 40 mins today. Didnt get too queasy either. So either im starting to acclimate to it some or I didnt lift hard enough lol

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
To be honest i'm thinking of doing a cycle this winter with a D-bol only cycle for 4-6 weeks with possibly an AI and definitely nolva ran through the whole cycle. PCT is confusing the hell out of me i need to do more research but i plan to start on 5mg/ed and move up as long as i don't feel any serious sides. I drink TONS of water so with the that and liv support i think i'll be good but i may even change my mind about this, We'll just have to see when winter rolls around!

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Cool bro. Im on my 4th week of pct right now. Feeling like **** and weak as hell. Cant wait to jump back on in couple months. Im thinking about trying out a tri-blend of 100mg primo/100mg tren a/100mg masteron and some test c at 600mg a week. The tri im thinkin of pinning 3x a week. Kinda up in the air on that right now. I think i could get some lean gains off that and it not be too harsh on sides. Got my workout over in about 40 mins today. Didnt get too queasy either. So either im starting to acclimate to it some or I didnt lift hard enough lol
Sounds like a damn good blend bro!! I'm basically on something year round, even if its just TRT. When my run is over with in the next 4 wks or so I will start my primo at 300/wk for 20 wks, along with 250/test e every 10 days. somewhere in the mix I'm going to throw in some vars, but definitely keeping things low but steady for 20 wks. I need the break and primo will be mild enough to keep me leveled out. I hear people say all the time that primo is worthless at only 300mg/wk, but anybody who really knows their **** about real primo says otherwise. I know 300/wk is low, but I think with a sound diet it would stil be enough to keep some quality

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Well i just got done training legs and all of my lifts progressed except leg extensions, I think it might have been just due to me going heavier on squats? Does this happen to you coors? I gave myself enough time to rest but i accidently threw on another 45 on the leg extension machine instead of putting the right amount. -_- I'm kind of pissed i misjudged and got excited but i did throw 30lbs on the squat so i should be happy. I just want to give 100% and that one set threw me off a little. Either way I've NEVER squatted this much EVER (even quarter squats, Don't ask :S) And both my legs are pretty wiped out right now. Is even one improved set still progress? (Dumb question!)

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
i take smaller bites when adding the weight. usually 5 lb increases on bench, and 10 lb increases on legs. i wouldnt wory as much about major jumps in stuff like curs or leg extensions, your biggest increases are going to be on things like squats and bench press

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
i take smaller bites when adding the weight. usually 5 lb increases on bench, and 10 lb increases on legs. i wouldnt wory as much about major jumps in stuff like curs or leg extensions, your biggest increases are going to be on things like squats and bench press
Well yeah i wanted to add like 10lbs on the leg extension i just didn't think it through at all when i tossed a 45 on. :stooges:

lucasta

Awards
I know a few weeks ago I was using 190lbs on leg curls for like 10 reps but I was blasting through them. Now Ive had to go down to 130lbs in order to get the slow reps and squeeze to 12 reps. And honestly but the 8th rep Im really starting to struggle. It takes all the focus and willpower I have to get them all. Kinda sucks that I had to go down in weight but at the end of the day I dont think it really matters. Its not like anyone is there monitoring my weight anyway. Its all in my head. I had a good week and I think Ive finally talked my buddy into trying it with me. Hopefully so. We always have a good workout together but hes been on a different shift and we havent lifted together in about a month. Maybe this week we can get back in the groove and kill that ****! :)

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
MACHINE, I'm a ****ing machine now. So I really tried to take a full week off, I got to 4 days off, but I felt so good and fully recovered I attacked another workout today. The progress just keeps coming, in 7 wks I have progressed every single consecutive workout!! And funny how the most compliments I've had on my physique is of the past 7 wks since doing this routine. Today was just insane!! I went back to flat bench press in which I made a 10 lb jump for only 1 rep short of what i got with 275/15, I did 285/14 today, only the reps were even slower!! So huuugeee jump considering that factor!! Hit the squat machine today, and not only a 10 lb gain, but 5 extra reps, making it 6 plates/side and a 10/side for 20 reps!! Last time it was 10 lbs less for 15 reps. I thought i was gonna die though, I almost puked for real. I jumped 10 lbs on ez bar curls making it 110/12 good strict reps, squeezing the hell out of every rep like I'm flexing my biceps to show someone. I jumped 20 lbs on lat pulldowns, making it 200/15 (last few reps a little heave to them though) no wrist straps. The routines are getting rough now, its like ****ing war in there, but damn if I'm not gaining EVERY SINGLE LIFTING DAY!! I will absolutely never divert back to volume, I have never made gains like this in all my years of training, even as a beginner. This program has set a new standard for how far I can take my physique, I feel like even without any gear I could make gains faster from this than traditional bodybuilding on juice. insane is all I have to say. kicking myself in the ass for not doing this years ago!!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
MACHINE, I'm a ****ing machine now. So I really tried to take a full week off, I got to 4 days off, but I felt so good and fully recovered I attacked another workout today. The progress just keeps coming, in 7 wks I have progressed every single consecutive workout!! And funny how the most compliments I've had on my physique is of the past 7 wks since doing this routine. Today was just insane!! I went back to flat bench press in which I made a 10 lb jump for only 1 rep short of what i got with 275/15, I did 285/14 today, only the reps were even slower!! So huuugeee jump considering that factor!! Hit the squat machine today, and not only a 10 lb gain, but 5 extra reps, making it 6 plates/side and a 10/side for 20 reps!! Last time it was 10 lbs less for 15 reps. I thought i was gonna die though, I almost puked for real. I jumped 10 lbs on ez bar curls making it 110/12 good strict reps, squeezing the hell out of every rep like I'm flexing my biceps to show someone. I jumped 20 lbs on lat pulldowns, making it 200/15 (last few reps a little heave to them though) no wrist straps. The routines are getting rough now, its like ****ing war in there, but damn if I'm not gaining EVERY SINGLE LIFTING DAY!! I will absolutely never divert back to volume, I have never made gains like this in all my years of training, even as a beginner. This program has set a new standard for how far I can take my physique, I feel like even without any gear I could make gains faster from this than traditional bodybuilding on juice. insane is all I have to say. kicking myself in the ass for not doing this years ago!!
Hell yeah! That's just inspiring man i'm really looking forward to training tomorrow! :bigok:

I've been experiencing great progress as well and i'm going on my 3rd week. The funny thing is i'm on a cutting diet right now as well and my strength continues to shoot up! I really really really want to start a bulk diet again i'm positive as soon as i shoot my calories up after this cut that i'll blow up. The strength gains alone tell it all! ESPECIALLY for you! I here people trash talking HIT but honestly i can GUARANTEE you they are *****footing around and not challenging themselves. What we are doing is going in the gym and making that one set absolutely crazy and I've never been so satisfied with a training style than this. I plan on running my first Prohormone in a few months (Hdrol) with HIT and High calorie diet. I expect nothing but good things from HIT and will probably continue it forever with the exception of some small modifications like forced reps and such in the future.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Hell yeah! That's just inspiring man i'm really looking forward to training tomorrow! :bigok:

I've been experiencing great progress as well and i'm going on my 3rd week. The funny thing is i'm on a cutting diet right now as well and my strength continues to shoot up! I really really really want to start a bulk diet again i'm positive as soon as i shoot my calories up after this cut that i'll blow up. The strength gains alone tell it all! ESPECIALLY for you! I here people trash talking HIT but honestly i can GUARANTEE you they are *****footing around and not challenging themselves. What we are doing is going in the gym and making that one set absolutely crazy and I've never been so satisfied with a training style than this. I plan on running my first Prohormone in a few months (Hdrol) with HIT and High calorie diet. I expect nothing but good things from HIT and will probably continue it forever with the exception of some small modifications like forced reps and such in the future.

nice bro!! And your exactly right, seems like whether I'm eating or on a caloric deficit, whether I sleep good or dont, doesnt matter. The progress just keeps coming!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
nice bro!! And your exactly right, seems like whether I'm eating or on a caloric deficit, whether I sleep good or dont, doesnt matter. The progress just keeps coming!
The ONLY thing i dislike about HIT is that i can't train as much as i'd like to :( The progress is WELL worth it i just love the aspect of training hard. I wish i could completely recover after 1 day so i could just train 1on/1off forever! haha

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
the next day after training I'm completely out of commission. I mean I'm so run down from training my reflexes and brain processes fuzzy and slow, no possible way I could train

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
the next day after training I'm completely out of commission. I mean I'm so run down from training my reflexes and brain processes fuzzy and slow, no possible way I could train
I hear ya on that! I just got back from training Chest/Shoulders/Triceps and nothing but PR's! A lot of people will shun me but the smith machine is boss for me it makes it so i ONLY focus on the contraction and my chest is starting to explode again! It literally felt like my upper chest was choking me when i'd do over head stretching. :D I used to train really heavy initially and i'm 99% sure that's where i got all my growth from. Heavy training even cheat training does me wonders for some reason. I keep the reps relatively controlled but i let my body do a natural movement and don't do anything that feels awkward on my joints/muscles. Today was the strongest I've ever been so i'm expecting some more ridiculous growth! I hit laterals with a slight bend in the elbow with 55lb dumbbells for 19 reps today with a small swing. That may sound kind of crazy but i am 6' 4" medium sized frame. When i go super strict on them i get all kinds of annoying pain in my rotator cuff the next morning so i'm happy for now! I plan on reverting to seated lateral raises when i can't progress on standing so i can control them more. My aim right now is overall mass. I think people in my gym are hating me because of my progress, they kind of avoid talking to me now. :(

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
I hear ya on that! I just got back from training Chest/Shoulders/Triceps and nothing but PR's! A lot of people will shun me but the smith machine is boss for me it makes it so i ONLY focus on the contraction and my chest is starting to explode again! It literally felt like my upper chest was choking me when i'd do over head stretching. :D I used to train really heavy initially and i'm 99% sure that's where i got all my growth from. Heavy training even cheat training does me wonders for some reason. I keep the reps relatively controlled but i let my body do a natural movement and don't do anything that feels awkward on my joints/muscles. Today was the strongest I've ever been so i'm expecting some more ridiculous growth! I hit laterals with a slight bend in the elbow with 55lb dumbbells for 19 reps today with a small swing. That may sound kind of crazy but i am 6' 4" medium sized frame. When i go super strict on them i get all kinds of annoying pain in my rotator cuff the next morning so i'm happy for now! I plan on reverting to seated lateral raises when i can't progress on standing so i can control them more. My aim right now is overall mass. I think people in my gym are hating me because of my progress, they kind of avoid talking to me now. :(

people will talk bro!! Same thing happening with me, they've noticed changes in my physique so fast I kind of get that look like "WTF is he doing!!"

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
people will talk bro!! Same thing happening with me, they've noticed changes in my physique so fast I kind of get that look like "WTF is he doing!!"
Haha that's awesome! I tell anyone who asks about it that it's not about how long you workout it's about how hard you workout then leave. I'll keep you updated on my progress hopefully this will help sway people in the direction of high intensity workouts. :head:

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
5/6/2011

Another workout. This one was cut a little short due to the fact I'm getting over some congestion and sinus bull****, my chest feels tighter than hell and I cant breathe worth a damn. So I left out legs and just trained upper body. Still made progress despite being congested and also I've been eating much cleaner and below maintenance levels cals. I'm trying to get a little more defined before vacation in the next 6 wks. I went up 10 lbs on incline bench press today, making it 290 lbs for 11 reps. I will stay at 290 until I can get at least 12 reps with it. Either way, a 10 lb jump for only 1 rep short of my goal. I completed 15 reps today with 110 lb ez bar curls, same weight as last time but 3 extra reps. Went up 15 lbs on straight arm pulldowns for my serratus, making it 100 lbs for 17 reps. All in all, good lift considering the **** I've dealt with, and no sleep last night. peace fellaz

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
5/6/2011

Another workout. This one was cut a little short due to the fact I'm getting over some congestion and sinus bull****, my chest feels tighter than hell and I cant breathe worth a damn. So I left out legs and just trained upper body. Still made progress despite being congested and also I've been eating much cleaner and below maintenance levels cals. I'm trying to get a little more defined before vacation in the next 6 wks. I went up 10 lbs on incline bench press today, making it 290 lbs for 11 reps. I will stay at 290 until I can get at least 12 reps with it. Either way, a 10 lb jump for only 1 rep short of my goal. I completed 15 reps today with 110 lb ez bar curls, same weight as last time but 3 extra reps. Went up 15 lbs on straight arm pulldowns for my serratus, making it 100 lbs for 17 reps. All in all, good lift considering the **** I've dealt with, and no sleep last night. peace fellaz
Awesome job! Making progress while you sick is REALLY good. I entered that "Primordial Performance 4 week Contest" gonna gun to get this cut done and over within the next 4 weeks! Then it's time to gain again haha

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Awesome job! Making progress while you sick is REALLY good. I entered that "Primordial Performance 4 week Contest" gonna gun to get this cut done and over within the next 4 weeks! Then it's time to gain again haha
Thanks bro. You know whats funny? When your reading about the program you think its just not enough, but then when your really into the routines I believe that everything such as the "Not to failure day" and the week off after 6 wks of training is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. I'm making gains like crazy, but to go in there and give it 110%, and then 3 days later give it another 110% and beat every last workout, that **** gets rough!! I've been going 7 wks strong now, so its been roughly 15-20 workouts so far and I've progressed on every single one. But every one gets harder and harder and beats the **** out of me more and more.

I wish you luck in ur contest bro, which products are you using?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Thanks bro. You know whats funny? When your reading about the program you think its just not enough, but then when your really into the routines I believe that everything such as the "Not to failure day" and the week off after 6 wks of training is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. I'm making gains like crazy, but to go in there and give it 110%, and then 3 days later give it another 110% and beat every last workout, that **** gets rough!! I've been going 7 wks strong now, so its been roughly 15-20 workouts so far and I've progressed on every single one. But every one gets harder and harder and beats the **** out of me more and more.

I wish you luck in ur contest bro, which products are you using?
I agree haha, I'm starting to really have to dig deep to get more reps or heavier weight. I was going to try 2 sets for squats but today i got to a weight that after i did one set i was just done there was nothing left, I tried getting under the bar again and i looked like a drunk guy for a second so i racked it and moved on. :trink26:
Thanks! Well i'm using protein/glutamine/creatine that's pretty much it. Although i am seriously considering a prohormone soon and if i win the contest i'll have a really good product to give a shot. I really have a good solid understanding now of how a cycle works and i'm getting a lot more comfortable with how things work the more and more i read.