Da Guuurly Log (now on AM)

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Hi AM!
I’m going to be posting my Training over here because I’m having some down time on my blog while I change it up, getting my own domain and what not. I was going to do this the day before yesterday but I procrastinated a bit.
With fair warning I think this should work out fine, plus, nothing like onlookers to give that extra sense of “accountability”
I am a blogger at heart so I have a thing for pretty pictures there, you have been warned
My Training:
Utterly Random and disorganized, I don’t have and cannot afford gym membership much less a trainer at the moment so I rely a lot on Imagination and Creativity to come up with a workout. I do this on a day to day basis, for example I only have a very vague idea of what I might do tomorrow. Also gives me a way for the people I follow here to get to know me since I’m learning so much about them, even a liiiittle too much at times.
Training Equipment Includes but is by no means Limited to the following:

Necessity being the mother of invention I needed a way to get 80lbs (the limit for my bar) on my shoulders for a squat, this is what I came up with and has become a permanent addition. Not only that, squatting outside is actually quite nice (yeah, I know, sounds gross but that’s not what I meant) This little set up has gotten a few laughs, not to mention my video of mowing the lawn :-/ Yes, sometimes I consider mowing the lawn as a part of my workout LOL.

When not filled with dirt I’ll thrown in some weights.

My most recent addition, I was looking everywhere for one of those step up thingies and couldn’t find one anywhere, when lo I saw my comic book chest in my art studio and couldn’t believe I hadn’t used it already.

Der weight room, I hate that bike.

One of my most useful tools is the Great Out Doors, I do beach runs and hiking in the rainforest etc.... I live in Puerto Rico so it's easy to go out any time of the year. And gives me a lot of pretty picture material

Last Official measurements are over at Da Guuurly Log at AX.
Like some of you out there I am not and have never been at my long term goal physically, but I am right now in the best shape of my life. I’ve got plans, determination and an absolute resolve to have fun in everything I do.

So without further ado, let me go hit that Submit New Thread button

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
LOL! Why hellooo there Mr. Officer sir glad to see ya here ;)

and Mr Delta, those aren't the cement ones i actually have no idea whats inside the plastic there, thats one of those maxx strength kmart sets.
But....I used to have one before I had the set, we made it out of two coffee cans, some cement and a tube that we found in the yard of the apt we were renting way back then. Good memories lol. We actually made two tries, but the first one the tube was too thick so it only has one side, we actually still have that one since it's come in handy a few times.

My internet has stopped being bitchy so I'm going to post yesterdays workout and pix.

In the morning I went for a great run at the Garden didn't get any sleep the night before but felt fine, took a short nap when I could. The run took 40 something minutes then i just ran around looking for good pix
Which was nice.

The beginning of my path is really nice, flowers and dappled sunlight, very uplifting.

I love this part

Holy **** more flowers? yeah it's it Da Guurly Log. Gotta love em, and we're not even in full bloom season which is more into june for the big flower trees. can't wait

I got there before sunrise and was able to snap this.

Then here at home at around 4 i did this little boot camp thing really fast paced
12 Burpees
30 mountain climbers
15 Db 10lbs each jumpsquat
20 Left leg step ups Db
20 right leg step ups Db
30 sec plank
30 sec side plank
30 sec other side plank (people scoff at these I feel em)
10 box jumps
10 1 leg squat L 10lb DB's
10 1 leg swuat R 10lb DB's
15 hanging leg lifts
1 min Jump Rope
25 Calve raises 10lbs Db's

3 sets short rest between

Random Sprints with Daphne (one of my mutts, I have 3 mutts and German Shepard)
it was great!! i was really pumped lots of energy felt like I could have kept going even after my shower and eating.

Today had an unexpected variable happen in the evening so I only got in a nice 3 mile jog that I didn't check my time on, but it was very nice, temp in the evening was very comfortable.

Delta, I'm gonna snap a pick of the half cement BB I have LOL.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Very good day today!!! not the Fun Day that I had expected but we got an awsome deal on a 1990 Ford Bronco and brought the Lady in Red home :D

Fun Day postponed for tomorrow so fingers crossed it doesn't rain

edit* Almost forgot did about 30 min sprinting running and jogging with Daphne again, she keeps me on my toes
Upper Body Today
Was looking in the mirror, flexin and posin to get an idea of where I want to go so I concentrated a wee bit more on back today but workout was shorter than I wanted it to be, could have gone for more.

Pull Ups
BW /// (Wahoooooo!!! PR)
BW /

Assisted alternating grip
(between fingers facing each other and fingers facing toward me, haven't even tried facing away oof!)
4x //// /

Push ups
5x ////

Arnolds
20lbs 4x /
15lbs 8x ///

Bent Over BB Row
60lbs 5x// (just trying this weight, next time I bet I'll do a lot better at this same weight)

halved it to 30lbs and did these smooth and fast felt great, good burn 15x ////

Practiced my Hang Power Snatch with 30lbs for the first time (practice was always at 10lbs on the bar) so I'm including them in the workout today even if it was just practice. Love em, make me feel bitchin tough LOL

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed gurly!

What part of Puerto Rico are you at? I was recently there visiting family, I LOVE it there.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see ya here Judo!
Gurabo PR!! very rural and I love it!! Family is from Cupey.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Waaaas up? The wife dragged me out to the bars tonight ugh I hate drinking, a lot! I'm gonna have to do like 2 hours cardio tomorrow, lol anyway, just wanted to say what up and when I first met you I thought damn that's a small dude LOL then I realized (a few weeks later) that you're a guuuuurly haha - thought I'd share since it's like 3am here. Sorry for the high jack! :D

Ps
:usa: I love that icon :p

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually trying to get some work done but I keep popping in here o_O lol, It seems the only time I find for drawing is between 1-5 am :p
Yeah I've gotten a few "thanx for the reps bro" which I find hilarious.
This site gets addictive quick!

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I'm actually trying to get some work done but I keep popping in here o_O lol, It seems the only time I find for drawing is between 1-5 am :p
Yeah I've gotten a few "thanx for the reps bro" which I find hilarious.
This site gets addictive quick!
1-5am? So what's the time difference in PR vs Pacific time?

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
well it's 8:36 am right now, just getting up and getting ready for the beach :D we're at -4 I believe

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:) ya do what ya gotta do

Hi! nice screen name! We've got a 1st generation eclipse but the Eagle Talon version. Had it since college and recently redid the paint job. love those cars

Thanks! It was the car i had when i first joined this lovely site. I had a third generation eclipse at the time, i myself have driven an Eagle Talon, had the AWD turbo version, all modded out pushin some good hp, definitely was a fun car to drive!

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
well it's 8:36 am right now, just getting up and getting ready for the beach :D we're at -4 I believe
Aww man, don't say that! The beach?! That's one of the things I miss most about home :sigh:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to see ya here Judo!
Gurabo PR!! very rural and I love it!! Family is from Cupey.
My dad is from San Sebastian, specifically in Gracio (SP) I love it there. I don't care for the cities, every time I visit we stay in the mountains

Love the pics of the flowers, I think those are the same ones I have on my ankle, the hibiscus flower.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
This is awesome!! I really like the creativity, Wish you the best on your goals! I have friends that complain they don't have enough equipment and blah blah but here's proof you can get in shape with minimal equipment and a good will.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! It was the car i had when i first joined this lovely site. I had a third generation eclipse at the time, i myself have driven an Eagle Talon, had the AWD turbo version, all modded out pushin some good hp, definitely was a fun car to drive!
Ours was actually aspirated front wheel drive, and it was disheartening when ppl would think it was turbo and/or AWD so we ended up putting in a turbo from the Evo 3, that was niiiiice. Well...it was nice if I don't think about the money spent and the numerous times the car broke down while getting it right. o_O

My dad is from San Sebastian, specifically in Gracio (SP) I love it there. I don't care for the cities, every time I visit we stay in the mountains

Love the pics of the flowers, I think those are the same ones I have on my ankle, the hibiscus flower.
(edit*oops I confused Santa Isabel for San Sebastian)
I don't care for the cities either, Today went to Guanica (a little after Ponce) First roadtrip in the Bronco and we went to La Selva beach.

the Path!

Yes Mr. Kanakafarian THE BEACH! :)

The Sunset

Sunday Cold Beer with coconut Arepa's stuffed with mixed sea food salad (shrimp, octo, things I don't know in english and even a little lobster in there)

We actually kept the day quite active, didn't just flop down on the sand and get toasty. We played a lot of beach paddle (u know like ping pong but the tools are larger or like rudimentary tennis,...whatever) and explored, had the beach amazingly enough to ourselves most of the day.

And Tinyguy! Like i said man, thanx for the support! The limit on equipment gets frustrating sometimes, like when I feel like loading up a Leg Press with the big weights like I used to, but have to rely on my 80lb BB.
But I want my goal bad enough not to let it bother me too much so I find anyway I can.
I've been eyeballing my Suzuki swift, seeing if I push her back and forth along the car port for leg exercises :p (Joking...but then again..who knows Hahahaha)

Tomorrow's Monday, back to the same ol.
Plan is to murder my legs tomorrow.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been eyeballing my Suzuki swift, seeing if I push her back and forth along the car port for leg exercises :p (Joking...but then again..who knows Hahahaha)
Do it!!! Great finisher to a leg day, truck pushing is awesome for posterior chain and even helps for a faster recovery after a workout

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
:11:
Ours was actually aspirated front wheel drive, and it was disheartening when ppl would think it was turbo and/or AWD so we ended up putting in a turbo from the Evo 3, that was niiiiice. Well...it was nice if I don't think about the money spent and the numerous times the car broke down while getting it right. o_O

(edit*oops I confused Santa Isabel for San Sebastian)
I don't care for the cities either, Today went to Guanica (a little after Ponce) First roadtrip in the Bronco and we went to La Selva beach.

the Path!
Love the corona beer sub for this log chica!!:newangel:
Yes Mr. Kanakafarian THE BEACH! :)

The Sunset

Sunday Cold Beer with coconut Arepa's stuffed with mixed sea food salad (shrimp, octo, things I don't know in english and even a little lobster in there)

We actually kept the day quite active, didn't just flop down on the sand and get toasty. We played a lot of beach paddle (u know like ping pong but the tools are larger or like rudimentary tennis,...whatever) and explored, had the beach amazingly enough to ourselves most of the day.

And Tinyguy! Like i said man, thanx for the support! The limit on equipment gets frustrating sometimes, like when I feel like loading up a Leg Press with the big weights like I used to, but have to rely on my 80lb BB.
But I want my goal bad enough not to let it bother me too much so I find anyway I can.

Tomorrow's Monday, back to the same ol.
Plan is to murder my legs tomorrow.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice pictures you live in paradise! My apt window faces a freaking highway, lol

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
That particular beach takes us about 1+ hours to get there, but I do live about 20min away from a really nice one.
I used to leave near a really bad government complex (There's a shorter term I can't come up with) I lived on a second story. One night I was picking up a ceramic flower pot my dog broke on the porch, when I saw some flashes and heard gunshots across the street below (the other side wasn't houses but like a water canal) and I sat down on the floor almost on the ceramic shards LOL. It was a guy running from 3 police officers, I didn't stay to check if they caught him. Scary.
I got away from all that now, really nice country place, you'll probably see some pix of the land around here eventually :)

!What am I doing here! I have things to do people LOL ;)

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Do it!!! Great finisher to a leg day, truck pushing is awesome for posterior chain and even helps for a faster recovery after a workout

This pix for u Judo, One of my two hibiscus plants, this one was blooming today so I snapped a pic. I have another variety growing close by too.

Checking this site out now http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1608/is_7_23/ai_n27348300/?tag=content;col1, I like this idea of pushing the car. I used to do it all the time when I was at the shop, but usually it was the 3 of us. and of course only when a car would't start!

This ones for Delta, it's the cement weight we first made that I've kept, already about 6 yrs old, used a paint can LOL. Used it as a dirt compacter, a tie post and as an anchor for various objects :)

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Did some serious yard work today for about 2 straight hours. I do some machete chopping now and then, grass can get tall really fast here. I'm a little new to the mowing part and find it very taxing to be pushing that damned machine over uneven ground. and it's not one of those fancy ones either, it's the cheapest mower you can buy with a motor attached LOL. Also I consciously run with it through the straighter more even parts for extra exercise.

Workout today was very similar to my last leg day

Squat
80lbs 12x //// /

DeadLift
80lbs 8x ////

UpHill DB Lunges
This is an older pic, but just so u guys get the idea of the hill.
it's in the background, ignore the lovely hat

another view
takes 20 lunges to reach the top
15lbs each DB
3 sets

Felt better today with these than the last time I did them

Lowered the BB to 30lbs and did these alternating from one to the other without resting in between.
Front Squat 8x ///
Back Squat 8x ///

I finished everything off with 4 uphill runs (well at least as fast as I could manage without tipping) with the wheel barrow with some dirt a pick and a shovel in it.

Feelin good. Got some brand new measurements and am def making some progress

Old Measurements
Taken on 3/7/2011

Weight 113.4
Height 5'1"
Chest 31
Waist 25.25
Hips 34.25
Thighs 21.75
Upper Arms 11
Forearms 8.25
Calves 12.75

New Measurments (today)
Weight 111.8 -1.6lbs
Height 5'1"
Chest 31
Waist 24.75 -0.5
Hips 33.5 -0.75
Thighs 21.5 -0.25
Upper Arms 11.5 +0.5
Forearms 8.5 +0.25
Calves 12.75 = I'm not sure if I've ever seen any change here

I should put up a new progress pic too but I don't have one, last me pic I have is my avatar, maybe tomorrow I'll get one up if I remember

The reason I'm putting up new measurements before August (my goal is Abs For August!) is because I've decided to change things up with my supps
Change: adding Hard FX
This is a purely experimental using myself as a Guinea Pig deal, I've read there should be no problem and some benefit in using a product that could raise test and has an anti-estrogen.
I'm sure many of you would understand the guinea pig thing.

Any probs I'll stop immediately
First dose taken today in the morning

To review what I take
I use Axcell for my Bcaa's
Carnobolic for my beta-alanine (L-carnosine actually)
cortisol blocker LeanFX
Acai Berry- antioxidant
My multi
Fish Oils

Last two been taking a few years used to take green tea but ran out. Acai is a new addition since last year. Haven't bought my green tea again but I want to.

i think I'm missing something but this post has taken so damn long and I'm tired LOL. plus I got a few things to do before bed.

now I am going to hit submit, if there is any prob with this post I will edit tomorrow LOL

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I woke up this morning singing "Head shoulders Knees and Toes Knees and Tooooes" totally out of the blue. Don't know if u guys had to sing that at your elementary school but they apparently burned it into my brain.

Today turned out to be a surprise Off day, I'm glad the weekend was fairly active :)
Been on the road most of the day helping my dad move some furniture and stuff, just got home and still have an ishload of stuff to do. Although no workout it has been a very nice day.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I just saw the Corona comment LOL, I'll lure them in with beeeeer hahaha!!

Today was one of those, I keep getting trumped days. You know where u keep planning **** and it goes awry, so I had to keep adjusting. First I was gonna run in the morning, didn't happen.
Then I was going to run before going to my grandmothers, didn't happen.
Then I was going to run right before my workout after taking my mom home, didn't happen :(

Was then going to do a full body fast paced workout but since I was behind had to work my way around some things so I changed up to shoulders (which I feel need to really fill out) Anywho

I usually begin upper body workouts either with Bench or just lately with Pull ups (but didn't have my spotter today for the assisteds.) Bench because I really like it lol and Pull ups because I reeeaaaly want to do pull ups, like 10 in a row Ha!! I will i will.

Today I started with shoulders and ended up mainly concentrating on them.

BB Military Press
35lbs 8x///
6x //

Arnolds 15lbs each
8x/// (got shaky right at the end)

Bent Over Fly
15lbs each 8x///

High Lat raise
10lbs 8x///

Moved on to Abs: Fast paced
(When I grabbed the pull up bar for the hanging raises I ended up doing two pullups LOL couldn't resist, was surprised I got them done because shoulders were fried)
hanging knee raise 12 x ///
V on Bench 12 x ///
Ab Roller 12 x ///

Calve Raises holdin 15 Db's - I never do calve raises and I should, I must! lol I felt this burn all the way up to my glute muscles. The burn got annoying.
20x /// fast

Sprints for 25 min with Daphne

Got in a more effective workout than I had thought was possible but even tho wish I'd had more time for more, had the music going got to dancing and having a good time, Tomorrow I should be able to get in a good early looong run. Still have so much to get done before bed :/ sigh*
My log is so messy

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
ALright, I didn't get much done yesterday, been a little busy. Which is bothersome :)
I did something stupid today :/
I got mad at a pile of wood that fell over that I was messing with in my yard. I kicked it...hard...a lot harder than I would have thought. It's been a loooong time sing I've lashed out in anger LOL so last time I kicked something I probably was a lot weaker than now (u see that? trying to change a neg into a positive, lol)
Anyway foots been getting worse as I walk, two middle toes hurt a bit to move and front of foot is a little swollen i was only wearing little rubber mocassins.

So again today I just kept doing things, if I had better time management skills this wouldn't be a prob. I really have to work on it because I'm sure I could have gotten a good workout in.

Either way what i did do was put some erratic alarms on my phone and kitchen stove. then each time it would sound I'd either do a set of pullups, pushups planks, dips or situps. It wasn't a workout per se but I did feel really strong on my pushups and got in some fast sets of 12 going low and feeling really good form all the way through to my legs. Great muscle and body awareness today (which makes me even more regretful of not getting in an actual session)

Pull ups was great practice today (or yesterday cause it' after midnight) got in 4 sets of 2! lol and then since i was alone I would jump up to get into the top pull up position, lower my self down a little and then back up quick (halfsies I guess) Don't remember sets but reps was like 4 or 5. Also tried some fast high rep bench presses with 30lbs because I read here that it's good for bench training. i think i did 12x4

Didn't do anything for legs because of the Foot.:whiner:

Friday is my big cheat day :) cooked by me.
Chili pepper Chuck Steak w/ mini coconut corn bread muffins and potatoes with olive oil garlic and basil. Also some coconut curry veggies. (sounds weird, tastes divine) accompanied by Cerveza Presidente !!!!!!! oh man

Please, I have to get a good one done tomorrow! :D

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
ALright, I didn't get much done yesterday, been a little busy. Which is bothersome :)
I did something stupid today :/
I got mad at a pile of wood that fell over that I was messing with in my yard. I kicked it...hard...a lot harder than I would have thought. It's been a loooong time sing I've lashed out in anger LOL so last time I kicked something I probably was a lot weaker than now (u see that? trying to change a neg into a positive, lol)
Anyway foots been getting worse as I walk, two middle toes hurt a bit to move and front of foot is a little swollen i was only wearing little rubber mocassins.

So again today I just kept doing things, if I had better time management skills this wouldn't be a prob. I really have to work on it because I'm sure I could have gotten a good workout in.

Either way what i did do was put some erratic alarms on my phone and kitchen stove. then each time it would sound I'd either do a set of pullups, pushups planks, dips or situps. It wasn't a workout per se but I did feel really strong on my pushups and got in some fast sets of 12 going low and feeling really good form all the way through to my legs. Great muscle and body awareness today (which makes me even more regretful of not getting in an actual session)

Pull ups was great practice today (or yesterday cause it' after midnight) got in 4 sets of 2! lol and then since i was alone I would jump up to get into the top pull up position, lower my self down a little and then back up quick (halfsies I guess) Don't remember sets but reps was like 4 or 5. Also tried some fast high rep bench presses with 30lbs because I read here that it's good for bench training. i think i did 12x4

Didn't do anything for legs because of the Foot.:whiner:

Friday is my big cheat day :) cooked by me.
Chili pepper Chuck Steak w/ mini coconut corn bread muffins and potatoes with olive oil garlic and basil. Also some coconut curry veggies. (sounds weird, tastes divine) accompanied by Cerveza Presidente !!!!!!! oh man

Please, I have to get a good one done tomorrow! :D
Actually, doing negative pull-ups are a good way to build strength to do regular pull-ups. And take care of those toes! :veryhappy:

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Kanakafarian

Diet this weekend got shot! Among other dietary screw up this weekend, A friend mentioned Pancakes! and I had two for breakfast yesterday my weakness, those crispy buttery edges. Droooooooooool....

Anyway I'm going to post quickly because I have so much to do, it's been awhile since I've been this seriously busy but I'm loving it and hope to be able to show u guys some good artwork soon.

OK, leg work on saturday, did my squats and uphills got practicing on hacksquts and goodmornings (I reme,bered i used to love Hacksquats) I'm shopping around for a bar that will hold more weight and that has a wider grip for things like Hang power clean and such.

Did a little fast full body on Sunday Woo hoo!!! I was surprised to get that one in, probably helped that my internet company had an outage LOL!!!!

My mom told me I'm looking strong.

overall feeling: Fabulous LOL!!

Ok lot of luv guys, off to continue my busy day!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Kanakafarian

Diet this weekend got shot! Among other dietary screw up this weekend, A friend mentioned Pancakes! and I had two for breakfast yesterday my weakness, those crispy buttery edges. Droooooooooool....

Anyway I'm going to post quickly because I have so much to do, it's been awhile since I've been this seriously busy but I'm loving it and hope to be able to show u guys some good artwork soon.

OK, leg work on saturday, did my squats and uphills got practicing on hacksquts and goodmornings (I reme,bered i used to love Hacksquats) I'm shopping around for a bar that will hold more weight and that has a wider grip for things like Hang power clean and such.

Did a little fast full body on Sunday Woo hoo!!! I was surprised to get that one in, probably helped that my internet company had an outage LOL!!!!

My mom told me I'm looking strong.

overall feeling: Fabulous LOL!!

Ok lot of luv guys, off to continue my busy day!!!
Black Iron pipe from home depot or lowes or whatever similar store you guys got out there

I made a thick bar using the 2" pipe for my Olympic plates, it looks like you got them old school sand filled plates so I am guessing they have around an inch inner diameter.

Just go to the piping section, pick out a 1" OD black pipe, they come in 10ft so have them cut it to 7ft and you will have 3ft left over in which you can cut in half and get to DB handles too.

That pipe should hold a decent amount of weight and will prolly only cost about $20 bucks Just pick up some hose clamps or zip ties to keep the plates from sliding in and dont stand the bar up with plates on it for for deadlifts, hack squats, squats, cleans, etc the bar would be level most of the time anyway so you shouldnt have a problem, I use hose clamps and they work fine

To add thickness you can use some 2" PVC pipe and wrap the bar with some pipe cladding.

Just wrap the pipe cladding around the bar and duck tape it around the cladding and them slide the PVC pipe over the cladding. Again place some hose clamps where the cladding ends and it will help keep that in place and the plates will keep the PVC in place and viola! Homemade thick bar for your 1" plates..

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Oh yeah!! I order a full stack and only eat the outside edges, with bacon of course!

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday Nut n' Honey and today too.
Hope I can make up for the straggling the few days left this week. the workouts I have gotten in the past few days haven't felt like quality and I really have to start running for distance again.

At least I'm back on track with the IF and cleaner meals.

:)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This speaks directly to my "Homemade" DIY soul :)
:bigok:

I LOVE homemade equipment. I just picked me up a old bowling ball and gonna try and make me a mase out of it to do some shoulder work with.. I have a couple of pieces in my gym that I have made and I love em!

If you decide to make that thick bar I described post up some pics of the process, I am sure many people can benefit from a cool lil write up of the process :bling:

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
pancakes iz wicked sneaky, they always come back o_O

Sometimes with fruit toppingz

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
pancakes iz wicked sneaky, they always come back o_O

Sometimes with fruit toppingz
I make these banana pancakes that I think are amazing! All it is, is bananas, eggs, almond meal & egg protein mix. I dont eat grains anymore really so this is my alternative and pretty tasty if I do say so myself :food:

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
:bigok:

I LOVE homemade equipment. I just picked me up a old bowling ball and gonna try and make me a mase out of it to do some shoulder work with.. I have a couple of pieces in my gym that I have made and I love em!

If you decide to make that thick bar I described post up some pics of the process, I am sure many people can benefit from a cool lil write up of the process :bling:
I'll def make it before buying it lol. specially since I can keep using the weights I have with it. I was meaning to ask, what is cladding?

And If I make I am definitely taking pictures :)

I've had a few ideas for a pulley system have u ever seen that done?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll def make it before buying it lol. specially since I can keep using the weights I have with it. I was meaning to ask, what is cladding?

And If I make I am definitely taking pictures :)

I've had a few ideas for a pulley system have u ever seen that done?
Pipe cladding is also called pipe insulation

I thought of rigging up a pull down station to my power cage but then came across a pulley setup for $50 so never went through with it.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks again Josh

Today was a very good day! Started running again! been completely off only about 2 weeks I think but it feels like forever.

But first yesterday
Yesterday I stuck to some barbell complexes but mostly just for legs

15 reps deadlift
10 reps upright Rows
15 hacksquat
10 reps back squat (on these I went all the way hams to calves)
10 reps front squat
8 reps Bent-over rows
10 goodmornings
Did 4 sets.
30lbs

Took out shoulder press, added good mornings and hacksquat by the end felt quite a bit of burn in my thighs. Wasn't focused yesterday, I have to slow down with my projects a bit I think I'm trying to do to many things at once. It's getting me unfocused

Ok back to today :D
7am, ran for 40 min then did some sprints with full rests in between (walking) for 20 min walked and wandered for 35 min more. Felt Great, i don't understand why I lapsed out of running. It's not a chore, Its fun! lol Felt very nice while running

Evening: Did burpees and pull ups for the heck of it :) after reading copycats challenge I wanted to get a good feel on how I'm doing there. Dividing into sets of 8 I'm not doing to bad, burpees of course, pull ups are harder. The pull ups are continuing to multiply little by little did 4 in a row today, then 2 then I got to doing my halfsies but didn't keep track. Husband said he's impressed, so that's always a plus :)

I'm a bit disorganized but usually I log things down better than this. Hopefully next week will be a bit more normal and better detailed.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Been popping in here on my breaks
I'm helping my husband build a cyclone fence on the back of our property, we have been having some problems with cows falling into the yard from a 20+ feet drop. Sounds weird but its true lol. and when they fall they bring down a whole load of dirt and in the past made some parts unstable.

This pic was taken when we moved in

After that the poor guy fell pretty hard, very young bull...felt sorry for him.
The next day there were 68 of them grouped along that ridge and 4 fell. One day I got home and found 12 of em.

Anyway, enough with the cows.
So we've been mixing cement and hauling it up there in a bucket + the tubes and a rolls of cyclone fencing. While the cement has been drying I've continued my mission of pick axing some mounds to fill in erosion holes and planting some plants. been a fairly heavy day. Husband had some friends that were going to come help and they canceled so I jumped in :) It was a job planned for 3 dudes and we're doing it ourselves.

let me get up, sleepy looking at the screen

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Decided to just finish off my arms since they were already pretty beat up lol.
Felt very clear and connected with my muscle, very aware

Bench Press
60lbs 5x3
50lbs 8x2 faster
30lbs 15x3 -ss- close grip 8x3 aaaagh, this burned lol felt great (sadist)
My skin on my arms felt very tight after this.

Between the cement mixing (we do it in the wheel barrow with sand and stone) Hauling the bucket (we alternated) then shoveling and moving the dirt in the barrow under some serious sun I am thoroughly exhausted.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Wow! Falling cows?! So what do they do after they get up? Just walk around back to the top? LOL

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
LOL that's the problem, then they can't find their way out because the rest of the yard has fencing for the dogs. I have to open the gate for them to get out! before they smush my petunias lol
None of them have ever broken a limb or anything thank goodness.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I guess it's a good way of getting tenderized beef, huh? :blink:

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Okay Today was another hard work day, planted an avocado tree to replace one that blew over, also a mandarin orange tree (or tangerine) strawberries, papayas and I'm preparing some plantain plants I have for propagation. Also Began setup for a raised veggie garden. I already have three different types of pepper, basil, recao (culantro i believe it's called) and chives growing in pots but I'm going to move them to the raised bed and try growing some tomatoes too. There's a Agro Festival the 29th so I'm going to see what else I can find!!!

Planted a pumpkin plant too!

I already have planted valencia oranges, lemons, coffee, (for the heck of it since u can do much with just one plant) Malanga (it's a root don't know a translation) grapefruit and a mango tree that is currently under observation because hubby accidentally dropped a big metal tube on it from 20 feet above and since it is just a little guy it broke in half :(

I planted some frilly flowers today too but the important thing is the edibles, eating directly from what you've planted knowing everything you've put into it should be very rewarding.
All my trees are little still, I'm hoping for lemons this year :)

After spending the whole day in the yard I got in and like yesterday with the arms decided to just kill off my legs since they were already sooo tired. I mixed up axcell got to sipping while preparing the rice cooker, Thinking I am way to tired to get much done but I ended up surprising myself.
I did this in this exact order, feeling very unfocused at the beginning then getting into it.

Squat (going a smidge lower on these)
80lbs 8x /
10x / (started feeling better as I went along)
12x /// a bit more explosive on the way up

I was still wearing my yard work clothes LOL had my hat and my goggles on my hat! (the goggles were for cutting metal stakes with my grinder)

Deadlift
80lbs 8x // (felt weak in my lower back so I lowered the weight, i'm very careful)
60lbs 12x ///

Leg ext
40lbs 25x /// (I do these fast)

Ham Curlz
40lbs 15x /// (again fairly fast but nicely controlled)

Got the BB lowered the weight to 30lbs then did these quick without rests between.
Front squat
Back Squat
Good mornings
4 rounds

Just popped out in sweat all over again, that last was killer, felt great!!
I took a shower and the water took sometime to wash out clear i was so dirty. I was a disaster, metal shavings in my hair, grass and dirt everywhere! in my shoes, shirt, Pants!
Tomorrow husband wants us to go for a long run. :)

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Additional note: I have to keep looking for ways to challenge myself, I'm at the limit weight for all my equipment. I've got a few ideas cooking.