Dont Call It a Comeback... Log 5/3/1

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Figured Id start this so I dont slack off. It is hard for me to start back so this will be good for me. Was sick for basically a month with the flu and bronchitis. It made me stop my cycle which was on the tail end anyway. PCT while sick is not ideal obviously. Was given tendon weakening meds that didnt even work so I was slow to get back to the weights.

Tonight was the first time I had been in the gym. Tested out my strength a little.

Bench was 225 for 12 = 1 rep max of 305

Deadlift wa 495 for 5 = 1 rep max of 570

On Thursday I will test out my squat and military press.

I will be running a simple Wendler 5/3/1. Diet will be 8/16 fasting hopefully I will be able to slowly work it so I fast for even longer but we will see. Supplement choice isnt set in stone so I wont give that info up yet. Still taking PhytoSerms-347 and will probably take a 2nd bottle to keep the fun going.

Anyone is welcome to join and ask questions or give advice.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Joining in :D

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in! hopefully we both can get back on track:D

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Joining in :D
Dang gents Rosie beat yall in line. Getting slow my friends lol. Glad to have you in here Rosie.

In it, to win it.
Thanks for showing up Volcom. Got to keep it going Bolo Style :yup:

I'm in brotha. KILL THAT SH1T!
Thanks BB, speaking of killing that shit just got my bottle of green apple N2KTS today so should be testing(flavor) that out next week :firedevil:

I'm in! hopefully we both can get back on track:D
We are T.O.M.s Im sure we got this no problem buddy.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed bud..

damn that fasting diet is gaining momentum on this board. Hope it works good for you bro

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed bud..

damn that fasting diet is gaining momentum on this board. Hope it works good for you bro
Glad to have you here Josh.

Thanks again for all the info. Saved me a lot of time trying to gather all that info. Hope it wasnt too much trouble for you. Wasnt expecting all that.

Well I like the idea of being able to stuff myself silly. Then I just drink a ton of water to hold me over.

The goal will be to start my feeding frenzy a little before 12pm. Maybe a protein shake and some fruit around 2pm. Hit the weights around 3:30pm. Post workout shake and then gorge myself till I almost explode hopefully done before 6pm. Then at about 7:30PM a casein shake and something light just to keep me full till the next day. Not set in stone, but that is what makes sense to me right now.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to have you here Josh.

Thanks again for all the info. Saved me a lot of time trying to gather all that info. Hope it wasnt too much trouble for you. Wasnt expecting all that.

Well I like the idea of being able to stuff myself silly. Then I just drink a ton of water to hold me over.

The goal will be to start my feeding frenzy a little before 12pm. Maybe a protein shake and some fruit around 2pm. Hit the weights around 3:30pm. Post workout shake and then gorge myself till I almost explode hopefully done before 6pm. Then at about 7:30PM a casein shake and something light just to keep me full till the next day. Not set in stone, but that is what makes sense to me right now.
Wasn't a problem at all bud

I would shoot kleen a message. He has been doing IF and can probably answer your questions better than I can. I believe Kabuki also has been doing a modified version of the Warrior diet for some time now.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks BB, speaking of killing that shit just got my bottle of green apple N2KTS today so should be testing(flavor) that out next week :firedevil:
I really like the Green Apple flavor. Right now I'm using some Grape and that's pretty damn tasty too :yup:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm IN! :D

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
I'm in for the ride. You'll recover soon enough, just need to get your CNS back in tune is all.

What does your accessory work look like? Might I suggest you do the Wendler/Westside Hybrid? I've got a couple of guys on that program & they're making big gains!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Figured Id start this so I dont slack off. It is hard for me to start back so this will be good for me. Was sick for basically a month with the flu and bronchitis. It made me stop my cycle which was on the tail end anyway. PCT while sick is not ideal obviously. Was given tendon weakening meds that didnt even work so I was slow to get back to the weights.
Tonight was the first time I had been in the gym. Tested out my strength a little.

Bench was 225 for 12 = 1 rep max of 305

Deadlift wa 495 for 5 = 1 rep max of 570

On Thursday I will test out my squat and military press.

I will be running a simple Wendler 5/3/1. Diet will be 8/16 fasting hopefully I will be able to slowly work it so I fast for even longer but we will see. Supplement choice isnt set in stone so I wont give that info up yet. Still taking PhytoSerms-347 and will probably take a 2nd bottle to keep the fun going.

Anyone is welcome to join and ask questions or give advice.
Subbed up and ready to see the highly anticipated Tomahawk comeback!!:arms::woohoo:

Yeah......I called it a comeback. hee-hee

The Wendler 5/3/1 will be great.......after you've gotten your CNS back up to snuff. I wouldn't recommend starting off balls to the wall immediately after that long layoff because of illness. I would rather see you do a month or so of bodybuilding type training just to get your neuro-pathways fired back up and to kick start that wonderful muscle-memory. Then after a month of building up the poundages, attack that Wendler routine with rage and fearless abandon.:twisted:

I'd be willing to say that your immune system is not running at 100% just yet. Don't risk a setback by starting out too heavy and too hard. Let the first few weeks be a light breaking-in period.

You'll not only get back to your previous level of strength, but will indeed surpass it altogether. :yup:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
subbed....

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for this Tom! Looking forward to seeing how 5/3/1 will treat you, as well as the IF! two things I've been wanting to try!

Hopefully we'll get to see some deadlift videos later on too!

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
MY advice is that you KILL THAT SH1T AZNTOMAHAWK STYLE BABY!!!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in for this Tom!!

Kill it brudda!! :afro:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wasn't a problem at all bud

I would shoot kleen a message. He has been doing IF and can probably answer your questions better than I can. I believe Kabuki also has been doing a modified version of the Warrior diet for some time now.
Thanks. I guess if I have questions I will ask Kleen if they r important. I know that man is super busy right now.

Glad to see u made it. Wont be any crazy cycle for u to copy here though :bigok:

I'm in for the ride. You'll recover soon enough, just need to get your CNS back in tune is all.

What does your accessory work look like? Might I suggest you do the Wendler/Westside Hybrid? I've got a couple of guys on that program & they're making big gains!!
Still got to figure that one out a little. This week Im just testing the strength I have left. You are welcome to give suggestion for accessory work. Im going to be honest and say Idk how much desire I have to try powerlifting anymore. I mean Im going to do this program to get stronger particular on the 4. But I want to actually not look like garbage which I have felt like I have.

Subbed up and ready to see the highly anticipated Tomahawk comeback!!:arms::woohoo:

Yeah......I called it a comeback. hee-hee

The Wendler 5/3/1 will be great.......after you've gotten your CNS back up to snuff. I wouldn't recommend starting off balls to the wall immediately after that long layoff because of illness. I would rather see you do a month or so of bodybuilding type training just to get your neuro-pathways fired back up and to kick start that wonderful muscle-memory. Then after a month of building up the poundages, attack that Wendler routine with rage and fearless abandon.:twisted:

I'd be willing to say that your immune system is not running at 100% just yet. Don't risk a setback by starting out too heavy and too hard. Let the first few weeks be a light breaking-in period.

You'll not only get back to your previous level of strength, but will indeed surpass it altogether. :yup:
Well my plan is to use 90% of my max as the number used for percent finding. Another words:

Bench 225*12= 305, 305*0.9=275 as my "max"
Deadlift 495*5= 570, 570*0.9=515 as my "max"

So this shouldnt be too rough on me. Do u agree or disagree? I know I do a lot more work and go more balls to the wall doing more of a bodybuilding routine. With this I will be doing 3 exercises a day 4 days a week.

subbed....
Good to have u here.

In for this Tom! Looking forward to seeing how 5/3/1 will treat you, as well as the IF! two things I've been wanting to try!

Hopefully we'll get to see some deadlift videos later on too!
Well I tried 5/3/1 on bench my last cycle and really liked it. Now it is time to use it for the whole body. I was adding 10 pounds to my "max" each week on bench lol.

MY advice is that you KILL THAT SH1T AZNTOMAHAWK STYLE BABY!!!!

Dont worry I will no doubt about it.
Oh and send her my way :32: I love the blondes

I'm in for this Tom!!

Kill it brudda!! :afro:
Good to have u here Rick!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for the win Tom. I had to take it easy when I came off the broken finger, just 3-4 weeks doing 5x5 worked wonders for me then I went into my cycle routine that was much more intense. I highly recommend heading TG's advice on your lifting, at a minimum give it 2 weeks.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
in this. that diet looks interesting. I want to switch up my diet soon, I'm getting sick of what I'm currently doing.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
tom, checking in on your log.
tom

don't hear much from kabuki anymore, but that dude is badass.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn Dan are you stalking me :kidding: Was going to hit you up earlier but I forgot and by the time I remembered figured it might be a little late. How you been man?

Seriously though didnt expect to have too many just stumble across this log.

UPDATE

Im sore as hell. Chest is only minor, but my whole back is screaming like...(use your imagination). The lower back I expect, but it is nice and sore all over basically.
Didnt do anything today probably should have done some cardio, but I dont want to chance my tendons especially because the one the warned the most about was the Achilles.
Tomorrow going to the store to pick up A LOT of food. So far Im liking the whole idea of fasting. Im hungry right now, but water gets me by well enough. Eventually I want to get to the point where I fast for more than 24 hours :fool2: Next time I order some supps there will def be some BCAAs involved :yup: Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im sore as hell. Chest is only minor, but my whole back is screaming like...(use your imagination). The lower back I expect, but it is nice and sore all over basically.
In the immortal words of Nelson off The Simpsons, "HA-HA!!"

The DOMS have reared their ugly head in thy direction, eh? That's what happens when you can't workout for a while. It's almost like starting over regarding the intense muscle soreness.
It won't be long though until you're desparately trying to make yourself this sore. I throw insane shit my muscles' way in order to initiate that wonderful pain. :mischievous::twisted:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I savor those nice and sore days...

BCAA - smartpowders has the cheapest bulk, and you can flavor with crystal light

Flavored BCAA - Xtend Watermelon is my favorite, I drink it too fast!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

BCAA - smartpowders has the cheapest bulk, and you can flavor with crystal light

haven't used it in awhile but watermelon extend is very tasty.

i just ordered psyko/purple wraath, i don't think you can do much better, imo.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
purple wraath > xtend imo... if you discount taste as an important factor

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks. I guess if I have questions I will ask Kleen if they r important. I know that man is super busy right now.
I hope you didn't take that the wrong way, I wasn't saying to NOT message me, by all means if you have any questions feel free to hit me up with whatever and I will try my best to help out. I was just suggesting those two members as they are a little more experienced with it than I am.

I have a couple books on it just havent gotten around to reading them. Maybe if you ask a hard enough question it will force me to crack one of them open and they will make there way up my list. I have been meaning to read them for so long now and just haven't, partly cuz I hate reading :smack: , but again I am here for you bruddah ask away :D

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The link you posted was broken lol. So, I did some sleuthing and am hoping I'm in the right place :cool2:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm on the Lean gains diet myself Tom. And I am really liking it so far...interested in hearing your take on it ;)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm using xtend BCAAs and I really love the flavor. Just my. 02

I pop a couple caps of GEAR along with it too :)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In the immortal words of Nelson off The Simpsons, "HA-HA!!"

The DOMS have reared their ugly head in thy direction, eh? That's what happens when you can't workout for a while. It's almost like starting over regarding the intense muscle soreness.
It won't be long though until you're desparately trying to make yourself this sore. I throw insane shit my muscles' way in order to initiate that wonderful pain. :mischievous::twisted:
Ya it has been forever seen I have been this sore. This may come as a surprise but I dont like being away from the weights :firedevil:

I have some time to decide. Price will also be a consideration.

haven't used it in awhile but watermelon extend is very tasty.

i just ordered psyko/purple wraath, i don't think you can do much better, imo.
Def let me know what u think. I really liked purple wrath when I used it but it wasnt cheap.

purple wraath > xtend imo... if you discount taste as an important factor
I didnt think it tasted bad.

I hope you didn't take that the wrong way, I wasn't saying to NOT message me, by all means if you have any questions feel free to hit me up with whatever and I will try my best to help out. I was just suggesting those two members as they are a little more experienced with it than I am.

I have a couple books on it just havent gotten around to reading them. Maybe if you ask a hard enough question it will force me to crack one of them open and they will make there way up my list. I have been meaning to read them for so long now and just haven't, partly cuz I hate reading :smack: , but again I am here for you bruddah ask away :D
Haha I know you werent man. You are always very helpful and a damn sponge. I remember when you used to come to me for help haha.

Im sure I wont have too hard of questions. Im a pretty basic kinda guy. Need to read into what makes up this diet though.

The link you posted was broken lol. So, I did some sleuthing and am hoping I'm in the right place :cool2:
Haha maybe they didnt like me link to over here.

Hope it didnt take u too long :lol:

Good to have you over here bro.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm on the Lean gains diet myself Tom. And I am really liking it so far...interested in hearing your take on it ;)
I'm using xtend BCAAs and I really love the flavor. Just my. 02

I pop a couple caps of GEAR along with it too :)
Well so far I like it. Havent really followed it much except for the whole 8 eat 16 fast. Plus the 3 meals a day plus lots of water. Reading will be done soon.

Ya what I have tried is good but I like the idea of 4:1:1 bcaa ratio.

That is one of the few NTBM supps I havent gotten around to trying. Might have to with this fasting diet.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well so far I like it. Havent really followed it much except for the whole 8 eat 16 fast. Plus the 3 meals a day plus lots of water. Reading will be done soon.

Ya what I have tried is good but I like the idea of 4:1:1 bcaa ratio.

That is one of the few NTBM supps I havent gotten around to trying. Might have to with this fasting diet.
It's funny that you and Rick had been talking about this since a few days back and I saw a guy at my gym today that I hadn't seen in a few weeks and he's been doing it too - really leaned up a lot. Seems like it definitely works.

As far as aminos, what I've started doing and really enjoy is bulk BCAA + 1 scoop or 1/2 a scoop (depends on the size of jug you're using) of a flavored product. While I'm loggin Psyko from CL, I've been running 1-2 scoops of it + the unflavored ModernBCAA I had in my 1/2 gallon jug. I intend to just use bulk + a little Wraath from here on out for flavoring ;)

And Gear wouldn't be a bad choice for as much as you're fasting. Still one I can't wait to try, either :cool2:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's funny that you and Rick had been talking about this since a few days back and I saw a guy at my gym today that I hadn't seen in a few weeks and he's been doing it too - really leaned up a lot. Seems like it definitely works.

As far as aminos, what I've started doing and really enjoy is bulk BCAA + 1 scoop or 1/2 a scoop (depends on the size of jug you're using) of a flavored product. While I'm loggin Psyko from CL, I've been running 1-2 scoops of it + the unflavored ModernBCAA I had in my 1/2 gallon jug. I intend to just use bulk + a little Wraath from here on out for flavoring ;)

And Gear wouldn't be a bad choice for as much as you're fasting. Still one I can't wait to try, either :cool2:
Haha it is taking over the world :yup: Good to hear maybe it will work for my fat ass lol.

Hmm might go back to old school like that. Still got some plain old unflavored 2:1:1 BCAAs I could use up. Plus picked up some of that liquid flavor stuff you add to water MiO or something. See how that works with BCAAs.

Ya I have to get around to trying it. So much I already like though. Love getting the Need2Slin and that is just a staple for fattys like me.

Tomorrow I go to the gym and test to see where my squat and military press are at. It says to do standing overhead press but Idk how confident I am in those. I have a habit of tweaking something in my neck when I do them. Anyone got any advice? Man up or just do the military press where I can actually get a spotter.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha it is taking over the world :yup: Good to hear maybe it will work for my fat ass lol.

Hmm might go back to old school like that. Still got some plain old unflavored 2:1:1 BCAAs I could use up. Plus picked up some of that liquid flavor stuff you add to water MiO or something. See how that works with BCAAs.

Ya I have to get around to trying it. So much I already like though. Love getting the Need2Slin and that is just a staple for fattys like me.

Tomorrow I go to the gym and test to see where my squat and military press are at. It says to do standing overhead press but Idk how confident I am in those. I have a habit of tweaking something in my neck when I do them. Anyone got any advice? Man up or just do the military press where I can actually get a spotter.
If it's the same thing he's doing, it'll work lol.

I'd use up what you've got, man. Otherwise, you'll never use it. That's the one thing I hate about this game (and love, too) : if you don't use it soon enough, 9 times out of 10, something better comes out (e.g. 2:1:1 -> 4:1:1 -> 8:1:1, etc.). I've got a bunch of random supplements in my stash that I haven't used up that I had bought when I thought I should stock up and now I'm not excited to use them lol. However, I'll use them up before spending money on something new because I hate wasting things (only time I wouldn't is if it flat out doesn't work or is unsafe).

I used to do overhead presses fairly regularly - loved them for core strength, particularly lower back, as well. That was also when I was working in a 10-15 rep range, though. I wouldn't dare attempt it on a Max-OT workout, now lol. My advice, if you choose to go through with them, is just to not go too heavy on the weight; keep form 100% and don't allow yourself to lose that even a bit. Build up slowly and you won't hurt anything. That's also the only time I've ever pressed behind my head; everything else I do is in front.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No need to risk tweaking your neck on those standing overhead presses. Just do the seated military presses and get a spot.

Obliterate those fukkers!!! :firedevil:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it's the same thing he's doing, it'll work lol.

I'd use up what you've got, man. Otherwise, you'll never use it. That's the one thing I hate about this game (and love, too) : if you don't use it soon enough, 9 times out of 10, something better comes out (e.g. 2:1:1 -> 4:1:1 -> 8:1:1, etc.). I've got a bunch of random supplements in my stash that I haven't used up that I had bought when I thought I should stock up and now I'm not excited to use them lol. However, I'll use them up before spending money on something new because I hate wasting things (only time I wouldn't is if it flat out doesn't work or is unsafe).

I used to do overhead presses fairly regularly - loved them for core strength, particularly lower back, as well. That was also when I was working in a 10-15 rep range, though. I wouldn't dare attempt it on a Max-OT workout, now lol. My advice, if you choose to go through with them, is just to not go too heavy on the weight; keep form 100% and don't allow yourself to lose that even a bit. Build up slowly and you won't hurt anything. That's also the only time I've ever pressed behind my head; everything else I do is in front.
I am in the same boat. A new product comes out and has a killer sale so I stock up and then by the time I plan to use it something else is out that is supposed to be better so I get that and the old stuff just sits. My wife thinks I'm :fool2: Every time I get a package I get to hear smart comments like "Don't you have enough already" or "What are we opening a store or something" I still have tubs of anadraulic pump from when it first came out and I only used one of them before a new pre workout came along and they were put aside. I made a new rule to myself, Not allowed to order anything unless you use what you have first"

As for the neck I get the same problem. I recently ordered some do-hicky off amazon that supposed to massage the back and neck pretty good. I would spend extra time during my warm up to focus on the shoulder/upper back/ neck and on off days do some rehab work on it. A tennis ball/LAX ball on your upper back while leaning against the wall may help massage some kinks out. If you need some rehab exercise suggestion let me know I have TONS!

I would say to use less weight but 5/3/1 already does that so the amount of weight shouldnt be a problem

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am in the same boat. A new product comes out and has a killer sale so I stock up and then by the time I plan to use it something else is out that is supposed to be better so I get that and the old stuff just sits. My wife thinks I'm :fool2: Every time I get a package I get to hear smart comments like "Don't you have enough already" or "What are we opening a store or something" I still have tubs of anadraulic pump from when it first came out and I only used one of them before a new pre workout came along and they were put aside. I made a new rule to myself, Not allowed to order anything unless you use what you have first"
That's a good rule to have, man. I implemented the same for myself, except I'll make exceptions. If I think something is going to be banned or discontinued and it's been proven to work (either I've used it once or I've seen reputable users' logs), I'll stock up. I don't like having TONS of stuff stashed away; I really don't, but I also would kick myself if I didn't buy something that works great and then not get to use it because of something like that.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

As for the neck I get the same problem. I recently ordered some do-hicky off amazon that supposed to massage the back and neck pretty good. I would spend extra time during my warm up to focus on the shoulder/upper back/ neck and on off days do some rehab work on it. A tennis ball/LAX ball on your upper back while leaning against the wall may help massage some kinks out. If you need some rehab exercise suggestion let me know I have TONS!

I would say to use less weight but 5/3/1 already does that so the amount of weight shouldnt be a problem
Did you get the Body Back Buddy!?!? I LOVE THAT THING!!! It makes my back/neck/shoulders feel oh sooooo good. Better than a massage IMO, cause I can do it as long as I want, as deep as I want, whenever I want without paying an arm and a leg!

Oh and thanks for the Trigger Point info!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you get the Body Back Buddy!?!? I LOVE THAT THING!!! It makes my back/neck/shoulders feel oh sooooo good. Better than a massage IMO, cause I can do it as long as I want, as deep as I want, whenever I want without paying an arm and a leg!

Oh and thanks for the Trigger Point info!
Still waiting on the delivery man :(

Glad you got the book, any problems opening it?

It was in some weird file and I had to download a reader in order to open it. Why would anyone put a ebook in anything other than a PDF is beyond me :dunno:

I cant wait to try it out

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Body Back Buddy. Back = Blown.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No need to risk tweaking your neck on those standing overhead presses. Just do the seated military presses and get a spot.

Obliterate those fukkers!!! :firedevil:
Ya true especially with this lower rep range. No point in risking it. Going to see what strength I have left in a few hours. Probably wont push squats too much though. Do them first and get them out of the way.

Thank you everyone for the info.

Ya I still have some BCAA powders I could use up. And I hear yall about stocking up and then getting the latest and greatest. Plus being a rep I want to test out a good chunk of the NTBM line so I can help out as much as possible.

Thanks Josh might ask for the exercises soon just in case. Standing overhead presses dont seem to like me.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plus being a rep I want to test out a good chunk of the NTBM line so I can help out as much as possible
Exactly how I feel, man. I was eating Need2Slin like candy before I took my position, but outside of that, I'd just tried the Better Protein Bars (which were so freakin good that I should not have made them whilst trying to cut...lol). But I've been trying to get my hands on everything I can to try to weigh in on a personal use stand point as well as just knowing the product profile.

And good call on just going military press with the rep range you'll be using. Kill it, brother!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exactly how I feel, man. I was eating Need2Slin like candy before I took my position, but outside of that, I'd just tried the Better Protein Bars (which were so freakin good that I should not have made them whilst trying to cut...lol). But I've been trying to get my hands on everything I can to try to weigh in on a personal use stand point as well as just knowing the product profile.

And good call on just going military press with the rep range you'll be using. Kill it, brother!
I hear u anytime I even think about carbs I pop some Need2Slin. I have had 1 in each of my orders. If you can cut with Better Protein Bars you are a better man than me. They dont last 2 days in my house lol. Agreed I like being able to give my personal experience with a product. Makes me feel a hell of a lot better promoting it.

Ya it just isnt worth the risk when I am going to be in the low rep range.

Ok so another "workout" today. Tested my squat and military press.

Squat was first: 420 for 3 reps
My ass is going to be sore tomorrow. Felt like I was a pin cushion.

Military press to chin: 185 for 4 reps

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
I've had one of those back buddy things for a few years. When I ordered it I think they called it a Thera-cane. Only has the hook on one side not both. I take it with me to every tournament to use between divisions. Works great.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im here, really late but been busy throwing up, working and I am teaching spin class again...I love it :)

TC
Uh oh you know what they say about spin class teachers... lol.

Glad to have you in here Heidi :bigok:

So Im pretty disappointed in how weak I am :ntome: I know it will come back but it will take time and damn it sucks. Ready to start these workouts already. Thinking I might go and do an arm workout tomorrow. Nothing too crazy but enough to make them scream.

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Im here, really late but been busy throwing up, working and I am teaching spin class again...I love it :)

TC

Uh oh you know what they say about spin class teachers... lol.

Glad to have you in here Heidi :bigok:

So Im pretty disappointed in how weak I am :ntome: I know it will come back but it will take time and damn it sucks. Ready to start these workouts already. Thinking I might go and do an arm workout tomorrow. Nothing too crazy but enough to make them scream.
Hopping back in is always difficult. You have the drive tho, you'll be killing it in no time.

Oh yeah, and subbed bro.

And did somebody say SPIN CLASS?
:hump:

Yuh