StaCkedCop's training journal - A Iron Addict's Log -

Page 1 of 19 1236 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

StaCkedCop's training journal - A Iron Addict's Log -

Welcome,

I've been lifting weights since my early teen years and literally have been addicted since. My dad used to sneak me in the gym with him when i was like 10 lol I believe weight training, lifting and bodybuilding have kept me sane over the years and have molded me into the person I am today. The gym is MY TIME... 2 hours of absolute pleasure... No matter what kinda day I have (outside of being psychical injured) I know at the end I'll be in the gym with my type of people, doing what I love... LIFTING BIG ASS WEIGHT! Ok enough of that bullshlt haha

My goal with this log is to work on keeping track of my workouts! (duh, right? It's a workout log haha) but really sometimes I get so focused on the "feel good" buzz from working out I go to hard and over train or get hurt. So overall I want to focus on what I'm doing to maximize my gains in the gym.

Also would like to hear any thoughts, comments and concerns. I have yesterdays leg workout and Sundays arm work out logged in my phone I'll get them up to give an idea of how I train.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

hell yea brother do workkkkkk
    BJJ = life
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    hell yea brother do workkkkkk
    Welocme, you lean sexy mother fuc$er? Is it gay to call another man sexy? I don't think so HAHAHA!!

•   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

not gay as long as you check the "no homo" box when you signed up
    BJJ = life
  5. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Subbed big guy! Time to wreck ****!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

1/31/11 Legs

FYI - been suffering thru a few minor injuries, SI joint and a few popped ribs.

Leg extensions 20 reps 5 sets to burn the quads

Squats
    135-12
    225-12
    315-12
    315-10
    405-8

Front Squats
    315-10
    315-10
    315-8 drop 225-10

Hack Squat
    4 plates (per side) 12
    5 plates-12
    6 plates-10
    7 plates-8 drop to 4 plates 8 reps nice and slow negatives

One leg leg press
    3 plates 12 reps
    3 plates 12 reps
    4 plates 8 reps
    2 plates 15 reps

One leg Hammer strength leg extensions
    45-12 30 second rest between sets x 5 set

I did not due any hamstring work due to my hammy being way to tight and been causing me some back pain.

Not one of my better leg workouts... I would rate this a little less then average but Meh! Can't lift the world everyday

Also did 30 mins of cardio on the cross trainer.

7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

405x8 is nothing to bitch about bro, im bustin my a$$ right now to get there. just started a log for sustain alpha.
    BJJ = life
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

405x8 is nothing to bitch about bro, im bustin my a$$ right now to get there. just started a log for sustain alpha.
    Oh man i ain't b!tching! There's days you love training legs heavy and there's day it's just plain fuc king hard and yesterday was fu cking hard haha

9. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

A quick hamstring tip:

Get yourself a 2 liter bottle of soda and fill it with water.
    Put bottle in the freezer
    Once frozen check to make sure no air pockets are there
    Then you sit on the floor with legs extended in front of you
    Place the bottle under your knee cap and proced to roll it up your leg
    Just treat it as a foam roller
    Roll it up your hammy until you find a tight spot and then rest it on there and work it out

The ice feels good on the muscle and it's solid from being frozen and applies pressure on the muscle

It has helped me Hope it helps you
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Thank judo! I watched the video on your log about rolling on a tennis ball to loosen the gluts. Gonna do both tonight have cardio

11. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

A lacross ball is firmer and only a couple bucks at a sports store. If the tennis ball is too soft try the lacross one.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I've been using a dog toy I think it's called a kong. Have a few different sizes... I have a few really tender spots I have to work on lol

13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

2/1/11 cardio

45 mins on the treadmill
    5 min warm up light walk / run
    10 min Sprints mins sprint 1 min walk 1
    20 min Run 6.5 mph
    10 min Incline walk 4.2 mph

Calories burned 520 avg heart rate 148 max 167

My right hammy and right butt is tight... Did about 20 mins stretching and water bottle rolling.

Judo, I have a lot of work to do lol I've neglected my hips and hams for way to long! All this heavy lifting is catching up to me...

14. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Have you done much glute or hamstring work before? Glute ham raises are great! You may want to spend more time warming up this area for lower body days. Some glute activation such as supine bridges, birddogs, fire hydrant circles, etc all may help loosen up your hips and warm up your glutes prior to a lift. How's your posture, specifically the curve of your lower back? If it is too much your hips can be tilted forward and cause tightness. Or it can be as simple as how your sleeping. Sleeping with your legs in the figure four shape can cause your hamstrings to get tight too. There are lots of possible reasons what I would do is find where your tight and stretch them and find where your weak and strengthen them. Good luck buddy
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I've been going to a chiropractor for a few years and it helps a lot. He always bitches at me and says I need to stretch. Pretty much, from what he says, my tight hammy and glut tugs on my SI joint and sometime even pulls is outa place causing me huge amounts of pain. According to him when this happens the only thing I can do if get adjusted but he also says it's preventable by stretching and deep tissue massage. Until recently I was able to get away with stretching just on leg and back day.

On my way to read the "stretching" thread lol I ditched the water bottle and am now using a manikin arm... My Gf works at a clothing store and sometimes she brings me manikins and I take them to work on range day to shoot and blow up lol

16. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Alot of sitting can also cause your hamstrings to shorten and tighten up too... I bet between driving in the squad car, sitting at a desk or home sitting on AM.

Give a rolling pin or some PVC pipe a shot, but they are solid so it may hurt. I think sports stores like ****s carry foam rollers.. I may even saw one at wal mart before. There are a great investment
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Yup sitting is a major killer! Thanks for all the advise brother! I can't believe how tender my left side is compared to my right... It's nuts I can't believe I've been to mean to my lower body!!

18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

yeah foam rolling FTW. be patient because it hurts alot sometimes after doing squats but it gets all the knots smoothed out and loosens up the area.
    BJJ = life
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

yeah foam rolling FTW. be patient because it hurts alot sometimes after doing squats but it gets all the knots smoothed out and loosens up the area.
    I rolled on PVC pipe, dog toys, frozen water bottles and even a manikin arm... I can't believe how ****ed up my ham's are. Just have to make sure I stay on top of this!

20. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Yup just stick with it, that is the hardest part for some people is getting the commitment. I have faith in you though bud, you seem like the determined set their mind to it and get it done type person
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Yup just stick with it, that is the hardest part for some people is getting the commitment. I have faith in you though bud, you seem like the determined set their mind to it and get it done type person
    Haha thanks brother!

22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

2/2

Chest

Flat Bb bench
    135-15
    185-12
    225-12
    275-10
    315-5
    275-7 drop set 225-7

Incline DB
    100-10
    100-11
    100-8
    100-8 drop 90-6 drop 70 6 negatives 6 sec count

Incline db flys
    75-8
    75-9
    70-10 drop 60-7

Super set cable fly / super incline hammer strength bench

30-15 / 185-10
    42-12 / 185-8 drop 135 6

Cable flys 20.15,12,12,12

I'm on stair master now overall was a good workout I'm happy with the numbers. It took me up until recently to be able to rep out 275 like that. Up until about a month ago I was only getting for 6-8 reps. New goal is 315 for sets a 10 lol I'm thinking maybe this time in 2013

Gonna do 40 mins cardio then sledding with my nephew whoop whoop oh yea I ummm I'm... Off work sick cough ...cough ........ Got over 20' snow ftw

I also did 20 min abs ripper X this morning that **** is hard haha

23. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

You will reach your goal man, as long as you stick with APS :wink:

I just finished attending a super bowl party at my sons school and ended up eating a couple pieces of pizza and was thinking of what workout I can do tonight to justify the extra food then I check your log and see you did a P90x workout and I think I am gonna do a DVD tonight too! Thanks!
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

You will reach your goal man, as long as you stick with APS :wink:

I just finished attending a super bowl party at my sons school and ended up eating a couple pieces of pizza and was thinking of what workout I can do tonight to justify the extra food then I check your log and see you did a P90x workout and I think I am gonna do a DVD tonight too! Thanks!
    That's why I love this forum were always able to help each other even when were not trying haha

25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

2/3

Back day baby!!!

Behind the neck pull downs 4x15

BB rows
    135-20
    185-15 > warm ups
    225-12
    ---------------
    275-12
    315-10
    315-8
    335-8 drop set 275-8
    275-10 drop 225-12

DB rows
    150-12
    150-12
    150-11
    150-10 drop 135-8

150's were feelin a little light... Might have to bust this b!tech out next week

Close grip cable rows
    210-12
    210-10
    Stack-5 drop 210-5 drop 160-6

Wide grip cable row (to nipples) super set V grip pull ups
    I didn't record my weight for these sets... Cable weight is all BS anyway.... IMO but i did 4 super sets to failure 10-15 rep range.

Wide grip pull downs
    5 sets 10-12 reps

DB Hammer curls super set with wrist curls

50-12 / 100-15
    55-10 / 100-15
    60-8 / 100-12
    45-10 / 100-12

20 mins stair master
    10 mins sprints

Vascular as fuuuuuuuuck for being a fat ass haha Jk I can see most my abs!!

I skipped dead lifts today because my SI joint (lower left back) still is a little sore. I can most definitely feel a deference since I started the PVC, foam, and dog toy rolling. That sh!t is awesome! I will never let my body get this tight again... I think I'll avoid a lot of feature injuries if I keep up with the "stretching".

Also, I bought like 100 cans of tuna, baby! Time to get ripped haha hope I don't lose to much strength though.

Another cardio day tomorrow, hopefully....

I'll do ab ripper x and some other PX90 with my girl after dinner #2

26. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Glad to hear those techniques are helping you! I can't wait to get my cable pulley setup in my basement so I can do rows and pull downs. I suck at pullups I am little better at chinups but horrible at pullups. I do then with one of the eliteFTS bands for assistance.

I think I have the same DB handle BTW

Why so much tuna? Was on sale? Or do you just love it so much? I don't know if there is a trader joes near you but they carry a brand of tuna that is freaking delicious!!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

That dumb bell handle saved my ass when i worked out at a gym with only 100lb DBs! I hate tuna but when I eat it the fat drrrroooooooppppsss! Oh... And I'm just sick of steak and chicken so I'm on a fish kick. Also picked up a bunch of cod and tilapia. Both on sale.. I see the trader joes but never stopped in. I'm cheap when it comes to food and usually stock up on stuff when it's on sale. What's the brand of tuna they sale that's so good? I also LOVE tuna sushi yumm had some with dinner.

Isn't aps creatine the sh!t? Haha

28. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

I would imagine a ton of weight falling off with a all fish and veggie diet! And NO steak never gets old.. Chicken yes but steak NEVER!!! When I was keto all I would eat is eggs, pork and beef. I gotta check the brand when I get home but it is the best especially when mixed with salad dressing mayo. I recently got put on to a mix of tuna, mayo, relish, mustard and cayenne pepper.. That mix is the bomb!! A friend told me he eats his tuna mixed with egg and mayo, he swears by it but I dunno how it taste

How do you like to cook your fish? I got some white fish in the freezer that I wanna make but I'm tired of the standard butter, old bay, lemon juice way. I recently started putting a sun dried tomatoes mix on my salmon and that's pretty good.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

335 for 8 on BB rows? i feel like such a b!tch
    BJJ = life
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I would imagine a ton of weight falling off with a all fish and veggie diet! And NO steak never gets old.. Chicken yes but steak NEVER!!! When I was keto all I would eat is eggs, pork and beef. I gotta check the brand when I get home but it is the best especially when mixed with salad dressing mayo. I recently got put on to a mix of tuna, mayo, relish, mustard and cayenne pepper.. That mix is the bomb!! A friend told me he eats his tuna mixed with egg and mayo, he swears by it but I dunno how it taste

How do you like to cook your fish? I got some white fish in the freezer that I wanna make but I'm tired of the standard butter, old bay, lemon juice way. I recently started putting a sun dried tomatoes mix on my salmon and that's pretty good.
    I can throw down in the kitchen man! But when it comes to fish I leave it to my girl. She makes some awesome white fish with lots of garlic, lemon and only god knows what else... Oh and olive oil of corse!!

Sun dried tomatoes make any meal better and I've read the acid in the tomatoes helps digest fat. I think that's a old school theory not sure if there's any truth to it.

31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

335 for 8 on BB rows? i feel like such a b!tch
    DUDE!! You lean mother fuc*er!!! I've eating a sh!t ton of tuna in an on going attempt to achieve abs like yours! Haha also putting in over time in the cardio dept. I eat healthy and clean but my appetite can not be controlled.

Anyway, who needs to row 335 when u could knock me out before I even have a chance to unholster my taser LOL I'm lucky all the fights I've been on duty are with drunks and their so easily over powered it's not even funny.

Brb... Signing up for boxing lessons

32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    DUDE!! You lean mother fuc*er!!! I've eating a sh!t ton of tuna in an on going attempt to achieve abs like yours! Haha also putting in over time in the cardio dept. I eat healthy and clean but my appetite can not be controlled.

Anyway, who needs to row 335 when u could knock me out before I even have a chance to unholster my taser LOL I'm lucky all the fights I've been on duty are with drunks and their so easily over powered it's not even funny.

Brb... Signing up for boxing lessons
    hahaha i guess grass is always greener. i recommend Jiu jitsu for your specific purpose. the workouts are super intense and will help you get leaner, also you can really apply grappling at work against all kinds of people. your grip will get strong and with your strength you'll be able to take anyone down with proper technique. look up a brazilian jiu jitsu school around you
    BJJ = life
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

hahaha i guess grass is always greener. i recommend Jiu jitsu for your specific purpose. the workouts are super intense and will help you get leaner, also you can really apply grappling at work against all kinds of people. your grip will get strong and with your strength you'll be able to take anyone down with proper technique. look up a brazilian jiu jitsu school around you
    BJJ here I come! Sounds like it beats putting in over time on the stair master... Even tho I always have a nice view haha ! and eating this damn tuna!!!

34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

yeahhh bjj will get you lean and super mean
    BJJ = life
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Shoulders 02/05
    DB shoulder press
    80-12
    90-10
    100-8
    100-8

Smith M Military press
    225-10
    225-10
    225- 12 > I have no clue where those last two reps came from haha

Behind the next Bb press
    135-15
    185-8 drop 135 7

For every set of shoulder press I did one set of dumbbell shrugs.

DB laterals
    25-15
    30-12
    35-10
    30-10

At this time i kinda just went off on a rampage and did a ton of super sets with cables...

30 mins stair master - lots of sweat! Plained on doing an hour but I left my work cloths at home...

36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  242 lbs.

In for the win! The training is looking beastly!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Nice lifts. You are one strong guy. I will be watching this one.
    I will sleep with you AND your pet for 50 bucks!
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I forgot to log my arm workout on Sunday but they're sore so it must have been a good one

Legs 2/6
    Legs
    Front squats
    135-15
    135-15
    225-12
    315-10
    365-6
    365-6
    315-8
    315-7

Hack squats (plates means total # of 45lb plates)
    8 plates-12
    12 plates-10
    16 plates-5

Hack squat superset leg press
    10 plates-10/10-10
    10plates-10/16-8
    8plates-10 plus 2 negatives / 16-8 drop 2 plates -5 drop 2 plates 5

One leg leg press
    5plates-15
    6plates-12
    5plates-14
    5plates-12

Burn out leg extensions
    Found a weight I could only do 15 reps with then took a 10 second break and repeated until I could only do 10 reps. Took only 4 sets lol

Did a total of 10 sets for calfs using the standing calf raise.

No extra hamstring work today... Not sure why, but I'll make up for it on back day.

This was a good leg day IMO it seems with the extra cardio I've been doing my legs look smaller haven't taken measurements tho..... See ya tomorrow for CHEST!!

39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I forgot to log my arm workout on Sunday but they're sore so it must have been a good one

Legs 2/6
    Legs
    Front squats
    135-15
    135-15
    225-12
    315-10
    365-6
    365-6
    315-8
    315-7

Hack squats (plates means total # of 45lb plates)
    8 plates-12
    12 plates-10
    16 plates-5

Hack squat superset leg press
    10 plates-10/10-10
    10plates-10/16-8
    8plates-10 plus 2 negatives / 16-8 drop 2 plates -5 drop 2 plates 5

One leg leg press
    5plates-15
    6plates-12
    5plates-14
    5plates-12

Burn out leg extensions
    Found a weight I could only do 15 reps with then took a 10 second break and repeated until I could only do 10 reps. Took only 4 sets lol

Did a total of 10 sets for calfs using the standing calf raise.

No extra hamstring work today... Not sure why, but I'll make up for it on back day.

This was a good leg day IMO it seems with the extra cardio I've been doing my legs look smaller haven't taken measurements tho..... See ya tomorrow for CHEST!!
    You are a front squat maching! Question for ya. Do you use a belt and knee wraps on these or what is your setup? Regardless, that is impressive as ****.
    I will sleep with you AND your pet for 50 bucks!
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

thats some beast squats bro. parallel or below?
    BJJ = life
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. thanks Iron Addict
    By logan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 06:34 AM
  2. Iron Addict Training update: HUGE PROBLEM!
    By LakeMountD in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 09:52 PM
  3. Iron Addict...HIT training while "ON"??
    By wardog in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 12:29 PM
  4. Iron Addict!
    By LakeMountD in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-28-2003, 06:58 AM