StaCkedCop's training journal - A Iron Addict's Log -

Page 11 of 25 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. thats just gross
    BJJ = life

2. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    thats just gross
    Awwww, c'mon Anton. Just visualize it with me.
    I will sleep with you AND your pet for 50 bucks!
    •   

3. Great log btw!

What kind of canned tuna you eating if i can ask? They say Sockeye is the kind to get due to the lowest mercury levels...I was eating only white albacore thinking I was doing myself some good only to find out it is the worse of the canned tuna for mercury levels and contaminants...go figure costs top $$ and is worse for you! wth!

Instead of Tuna maybe hit up some Salmon. Better for you overall for a few reasons. I don't like the taste of Salmon in cans per say, but the Chicken of the sea "pink Salmon" premium wild caught in the pouch is quite tasty (only 2.6oz though ).

4. i eat canned salmon religiously
    BJJ = life

5. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    i eat canned salmon religiously
    For the grill I love me some Talapia,Salmon, or tuna steaks. Got my son eating it also. I think he loves it more than me!

In the can I have been eating tuna for years (not daily or anything like that) , but recent research by myself has proven too much of canned tuna (of certain kinds) is of actually bad for you as you can build up your mercury levels. More a worry for children and women in the child bearing years, but a concern for some none the less, and since most of us into taking care of our bodies are sensitive to what we eat I thought it worth mentioning in case some of this was not know. many folks assume since it is tuna it is good for you and I agree it is a lot better than many other things we have at our disposal and it kicks A** from a protein standpoint.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    Great log btw!

What kind of canned tuna you eating if i can ask? They say Sockeye is the kind to get due to the lowest mercury levels...I was eating only white albacore thinking I was doing myself some good only to find out it is the worse of the canned tuna for mercury levels and contaminants...go figure costs top $$ and is worse for you! wth!

Instead of Tuna maybe hit up some Salmon. Better for you overall for a few reasons. I don't like the taste of Salmon in cans per say, but the Chicken of the sea "pink Salmon" premium wild caught in the pouch is quite tasty (only 2.6oz though ).

I was eating bumble bee white albacore. I switch to canned chicken Bc it's super cheap at sams club and I only need one can instead of two. I've always thought about the canned salmon but never have tried. If you and Anton say it's good then maybe I'll give it a good. Also, I try to only use canned foods when I'm short on time, lol but since it's so much easier then cooking I end up using them way more

7. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I was eating bumble bee white albacore. I switch to canned chicken Bc it's super cheap at sams club and I only need one can instead of two. I've always thought about the canned salmon but never have tried. If you and Anton say it's good then maybe I'll give it a good. Also, I try to only use canned foods when I'm short on time, lol but since it's so much easier then cooking I end up using them way more
    I hear you on the chicken. Gives me an idea since I haven't tried that yet either. I would buy only one can of salmon to try it if I were you, because I am not a fan of the canned, but like I said the stuff in the pouch is much better but certainly not cheap (at least not in the grocery store). Sam's might be diff! I hear you on the need for convenience in your field of work. Keep up the hard work man!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    I hear you on the chicken. Gives me an idea since I haven't tried that yet either. I would buy only one can of salmon to try it if I were you, because I am not a fan of the canned, but like I said the stuff in the pouch is much better but certainly not cheap (at least not in the grocery store). Sam's might be diff! I hear you on the need for convenience in your field of work. Keep up the hard work man!
    Bagged food canned food fml!! At times I've thought about hiring a catering service to cook my meals, lol

9. I opened a can of bumble bee salmon yesterday and it was 50% bones and skin.

I eat the Starkist Solid Light in EVOO.
    Taste the rainbow.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    I opened a can of bumble bee salmon yesterday and it was 50% bones and skin.
    Nasty!

Did you eat the other 50%?

11. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post

MAN UP! toss it all into a blender and eat it ALL!!!

PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

12. Love me some canned salmon thrown in with some greens and olives. Delicious.
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

13. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post

lol that sounds gross I agree. They say the best Tuna (if metals is a concern) is the chunk light which is odd since it is likely the cheapest...go figure! To me it looks like cat food, but I guess the results of tests tell the tale. EVOO is a great move even though you drain most of it out. Healthy fats to add to the Omega 3. I prefer mine in oil vs. water myself since I add no mayo or anything to it.

14. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Nasty!

Did you eat the other 50%?
    Tossed the whole thing and hit the backup. I have a desk drawer loaded with tuna.
    Taste the rainbow.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    lol that sounds gross I agree. They say the best Tuna (if metals is a concern) is the chunk light which is odd since it is likely the cheapest...go figure! To me it looks like cat food, but I guess the results of tests tell the tale. EVOO is a great move even though you drain most of it out. Healthy fats to add to the Omega 3. I prefer mine in oil vs. water myself since I add no mayo or anything to it.
    I don't drain it, I add Tabsco sauce and eat it from the can.
    Taste the rainbow.

16. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    MAN UP! toss it all into a blender and eat it ALL!!!

I'll have to pass on that one JJ.
    Taste the rainbow.

17. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    I don't drain it, I add Tabsco sauce and eat it from the can.
    Ha that sounds pretty awesome! Might have to give that a shot!

18. I'm so getting these!! I'm a under armor whore, lol

19. i devour the skin and bones
    BJJ = life

20. do you have to pay out of pocket for all the cop stuff? or do my taxes cover that
    BJJ = life

21. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    do you have to pay out of pocket for all the cop stuff? or do my taxes cover that
    Depends lol those boots I would prob buy myself cuz the dept just bought me boots

22. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Depends lol those boots I would prob buy myself cuz the dept just bought me boots
    haha are furry handcuffs available in that catalog?
    BJJ = life

23. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    haha are furry handcuffs available in that catalog?
    No but I have 3 pairs u want me to mail u 1? Lol they're pink!

24. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post

I'm so getting these!! I'm a under armor whore, lol
    Nice boots!!! I can't afford UA, my government assistance check barely covers my supps.
    Taste the rainbow.

25. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post

I'm so getting these!! I'm a under armor whore, lol
    How much those "kicks" run?

damn site restricting me from posting because of the link!

26. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    i devour the skin and bones
    It was a 2" piece of the spine not just the little bones that you sometimes find in tuna. I'll stick to the smoked salmon filets in the packs. No more cans.
    Taste the rainbow.

27. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Nice boots!!! I can't afford UA, my government assistance check barely covers my supps.
    You SOB!! I just filled up with gas I hate you lol

28. Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    How much those "kicks" run?

damn site restricting me from posting because of the link!
    I think they're 110 bucks kinda steep.. I'm buying a new colt 1911 so I'm being cheap lol

29. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    You SOB!! I just filled up with gas I hate you lol
    roflmao, you must spread some reputation around.
    Taste the rainbow.

30. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I think they're 110 bucks kinda steep.. I'm buying a new colt 1911 so I'm being cheap lol
    Ooo. What model?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. thanks Iron Addict
    By logan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 08:34 AM
  2. Iron Addict Training update: HUGE PROBLEM!
    By LakeMountD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 11:52 PM
  3. Iron Addict...HIT training while "ON"??
    By wardog in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 02:29 PM
  4. Iron Addict!
    By LakeMountD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-28-2003, 08:58 AM