StaCkedCop's training journal - A Iron Addict's Log -

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome,

I've been lifting weights since my early teen years and literally have been addicted since. My dad used to sneak me in the gym with him when i was like 10 lol I believe weight training, lifting and bodybuilding have kept me sane over the years and have molded me into the person I am today. The gym is MY TIME... 2 hours of absolute pleasure... No matter what kinda day I have (outside of being psychical injured) I know at the end I'll be in the gym with my type of people, doing what I love... LIFTING BIG ASS WEIGHT! Ok enough of that bullshlt haha

My goal with this log is to work on keeping track of my workouts! (duh, right? It's a workout log haha) but really sometimes I get so focused on the "feel good" buzz from working out I go to hard and over train or get hurt. So overall I want to focus on what I'm doing to maximize my gains in the gym.

Also would like to hear any thoughts, comments and concerns. I have yesterdays leg workout and Sundays arm work out logged in my phone I'll get them up to give an idea of how I train.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
hell yea brother do workkkkkk

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
not gay as long as you check the "no homo" box when you signed up

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed big guy! Time to wreck ****!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/31/11 Legs

FYI - been suffering thru a few minor injuries, SI joint and a few popped ribs.

Leg extensions 20 reps 5 sets to burn the quads

Squats
135-12
225-12
315-12
315-10
405-8

Front Squats
315-10
315-10
315-8 drop 225-10

Hack Squat
4 plates (per side) 12
5 plates-12
6 plates-10
7 plates-8 drop to 4 plates 8 reps nice and slow negatives

One leg leg press
3 plates 12 reps
3 plates 12 reps
4 plates 8 reps
2 plates 15 reps

One leg Hammer strength leg extensions
45-12 30 second rest between sets x 5 set

I did not due any hamstring work due to my hammy being way to tight and been causing me some back pain.

Not one of my better leg workouts... I would rate this a little less then average but Meh! Can't lift the world everyday :)

Also did 30 mins of cardio on the cross trainer.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
405x8 is nothing to bitch about bro, im bustin my a$$ right now to get there. just started a log for sustain alpha.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
405x8 is nothing to bitch about bro, im bustin my a$$ right now to get there. just started a log for sustain alpha.
Oh man i ain't b!tching! There's days you love training legs heavy and there's day it's just plain fuc king hard and yesterday was fu cking hard haha

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A quick hamstring tip:

Get yourself a 2 liter bottle of soda and fill it with water.
Put bottle in the freezer
Once frozen check to make sure no air pockets are there
Then you sit on the floor with legs extended in front of you
Place the bottle under your knee cap and proced to roll it up your leg
Just treat it as a foam roller
Roll it up your hammy until you find a tight spot and then rest it on there and work it out

The ice feels good on the muscle and it's solid from being frozen and applies pressure on the muscle

It has helped me Hope it helps you

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank judo! I watched the video on your log about rolling on a tennis ball to loosen the gluts. Gonna do both tonight have cardio

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lacross ball is firmer and only a couple bucks at a sports store. If the tennis ball is too soft try the lacross one.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been using a dog toy I think it's called a kong. Have a few different sizes... I have a few really tender spots I have to work on lol

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2/1/11 cardio

45 mins on the treadmill
5 min warm up light walk / run
10 min Sprints mins sprint 1 min walk 1
20 min Run 6.5 mph
10 min Incline walk 4.2 mph

Calories burned 520 avg heart rate 148 max 167

My right hammy and right butt is tight... Did about 20 mins stretching and water bottle rolling.

Judo, I have a lot of work to do lol I've neglected my hips and hams for way to long! All this heavy lifting is catching up to me...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you done much glute or hamstring work before? Glute ham raises are great! You may want to spend more time warming up this area for lower body days. Some glute activation such as supine bridges, birddogs, fire hydrant circles, etc all may help loosen up your hips and warm up your glutes prior to a lift. How's your posture, specifically the curve of your lower back? If it is too much your hips can be tilted forward and cause tightness. Or it can be as simple as how your sleeping. Sleeping with your legs in the figure four shape can cause your hamstrings to get tight too. There are lots of possible reasons what I would do is find where your tight and stretch them and find where your weak and strengthen them. Good luck buddy

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been going to a chiropractor for a few years and it helps a lot. He always bitches at me and says I need to stretch. Pretty much, from what he says, my tight hammy and glut tugs on my SI joint and sometime even pulls is outa place causing me huge amounts of pain. According to him when this happens the only thing I can do if get adjusted but he also says it's preventable by stretching and deep tissue massage. Until recently I was able to get away with stretching just on leg and back day.

On my way to read the "stretching" thread lol I ditched the water bottle and am now using a manikin arm... My Gf works at a clothing store and sometimes she brings me manikins and I take them to work on range day to shoot and blow up lol

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alot of sitting can also cause your hamstrings to shorten and tighten up too... I bet between driving in the squad car, sitting at a desk or home sitting on AM.

Give a rolling pin or some PVC pipe a shot, but they are solid so it may hurt. I think sports stores like ****s carry foam rollers.. I may even saw one at wal mart before. There are a great investment

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup sitting is a major killer! Thanks for all the advise brother! I can't believe how tender my left side is compared to my right... It's nuts I can't believe I've been to mean to my lower body!!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yeah foam rolling FTW. be patient because it hurts alot sometimes after doing squats but it gets all the knots smoothed out and loosens up the area.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah foam rolling FTW. be patient because it hurts alot sometimes after doing squats but it gets all the knots smoothed out and loosens up the area.
I rolled on PVC pipe, dog toys, frozen water bottles and even a manikin arm... I can't believe how ****ed up my ham's are. Just have to make sure I stay on top of this!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup just stick with it, that is the hardest part for some people is getting the commitment. I have faith in you though bud, you seem like the determined set their mind to it and get it done type person :thumbsup:

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup just stick with it, that is the hardest part for some people is getting the commitment. I have faith in you though bud, you seem like the determined set their mind to it and get it done type person :thumbsup:
Haha thanks brother!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2/2

Chest

Flat Bb bench
135-15
185-12
225-12
275-10
315-5
275-7 drop set 225-7

Incline DB
100-10
100-11
100-8
100-8 drop 90-6 drop 70 6 negatives 6 sec count

Incline db flys
75-8
75-9
70-10 drop 60-7

Super set cable fly / super incline hammer strength bench

30-15 / 185-10
42-12 / 185-8 drop 135 6

Cable flys 20.15,12,12,12

I'm on stair master now overall was a good workout I'm happy with the numbers. It took me up until recently to be able to rep out 275 like that. Up until about a month ago I was only getting for 6-8 reps. New goal is 315 for sets a 10 lol I'm thinking maybe this time in 2013 :D

Gonna do 40 mins cardio then sledding with my nephew whoop whoop oh yea I ummm I'm... Off work sick cough ...cough ........ Got over 20' snow ftw

I also did 20 min abs ripper X this morning that **** is hard haha

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You will reach your goal man, as long as you stick with APS :wink:

I just finished attending a super bowl party at my sons school and ended up eating a couple pieces of pizza and was thinking of what workout I can do tonight to justify the extra food then I check your log and see you did a P90x workout and I think I am gonna do a DVD tonight too! Thanks!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You will reach your goal man, as long as you stick with APS :wink:

I just finished attending a super bowl party at my sons school and ended up eating a couple pieces of pizza and was thinking of what workout I can do tonight to justify the extra food then I check your log and see you did a P90x workout and I think I am gonna do a DVD tonight too! Thanks!
That's why I love this forum were always able to help each other even when were not trying haha

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2/3

Back day baby!!!

Behind the neck pull downs 4x15

BB rows
135-20
185-15 > warm ups
225-12
---------------
275-12
315-10
315-8
335-8 drop set 275-8
275-10 drop 225-12

DB rows
150-12
150-12
150-11
150-10 drop 135-8

150's were feelin a little light... Might have to bust this b!tech out next week

Close grip cable rows
210-12
210-10
Stack-5 drop 210-5 drop 160-6

Wide grip cable row (to nipples) super set V grip pull ups
I didn't record my weight for these sets... Cable weight is all BS anyway.... IMO but i did 4 super sets to failure 10-15 rep range.

Wide grip pull downs
5 sets 10-12 reps

DB Hammer curls super set with wrist curls

50-12 / 100-15
55-10 / 100-15
60-8 / 100-12
45-10 / 100-12

20 mins stair master
10 mins sprints

Vascular as fuuuuuuuuck for being a fat ass ;) haha Jk I can see most my abs!!

I skipped dead lifts today because my SI joint (lower left back) still is a little sore. I can most definitely feel a deference since I started the PVC, foam, and dog toy rolling. That sh!t is awesome! I will never let my body get this tight again... I think I'll avoid a lot of feature injuries if I keep up with the "stretching".

Also, I bought like 100 cans of tuna, baby! Time to get ripped haha hope I don't lose to much strength though.

Another cardio day tomorrow, hopefully....

I'll do ab ripper x and some other PX90 with my girl after dinner #2 :D

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to hear those techniques are helping you! I can't wait to get my cable pulley setup in my basement so I can do rows and pull downs. I suck at pullups I am little better at chinups but horrible at pullups. I do then with one of the eliteFTS bands for assistance.

I think I have the same DB handle BTW :thumbsup:

Why so much tuna? Was on sale? Or do you just love it so much? I don't know if there is a trader joes near you but they carry a brand of tuna that is freaking delicious!!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That dumb bell handle saved my ass when i worked out at a gym with only 100lb DBs! I hate tuna but when I eat it the fat drrrroooooooppppsss! Oh... And I'm just sick of steak and chicken so I'm on a fish kick. Also picked up a bunch of cod and tilapia. Both on sale.. I see the trader joes but never stopped in. I'm cheap when it comes to food and usually stock up on stuff when it's on sale. What's the brand of tuna they sale that's so good? I also LOVE tuna sushi yumm had some with dinner.

Isn't aps creatine the sh!t? Haha

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would imagine a ton of weight falling off with a all fish and veggie diet! And NO steak never gets old.. Chicken yes but steak NEVER!!! When I was keto all I would eat is eggs, pork and beef. :food: I gotta check the brand when I get home but it is the best especially when mixed with salad dressing mayo. I recently got put on to a mix of tuna, mayo, relish, mustard and cayenne pepper.. That mix is the bomb!! A friend told me he eats his tuna mixed with egg and mayo, he swears by it but I dunno how it taste

How do you like to cook your fish? I got some white fish in the freezer that I wanna make but I'm tired of the standard butter, old bay, lemon juice way. I recently started putting a sun dried tomatoes mix on my salmon and that's pretty good.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
335 for 8 on BB rows? i feel like such a b!tch

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would imagine a ton of weight falling off with a all fish and veggie diet! And NO steak never gets old.. Chicken yes but steak NEVER!!! When I was keto all I would eat is eggs, pork and beef. :food: I gotta check the brand when I get home but it is the best especially when mixed with salad dressing mayo. I recently got put on to a mix of tuna, mayo, relish, mustard and cayenne pepper.. That mix is the bomb!! A friend told me he eats his tuna mixed with egg and mayo, he swears by it but I dunno how it taste

How do you like to cook your fish? I got some white fish in the freezer that I wanna make but I'm tired of the standard butter, old bay, lemon juice way. I recently started putting a sun dried tomatoes mix on my salmon and that's pretty good.
I can throw down in the kitchen man! But when it comes to fish I leave it to my girl. She makes some awesome white fish with lots of garlic, lemon and only god knows what else... Oh and olive oil of corse!!

Sun dried tomatoes make any meal better and I've read the acid in the tomatoes helps digest fat. I think that's a old school theory not sure if there's any truth to it.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
335 for 8 on BB rows? i feel like such a b!tch
DUDE!! You lean mother fuc*er!!! I've eating a sh!t ton of tuna in an on going attempt to achieve abs like yours! Haha also putting in over time in the cardio dept. I eat healthy and clean but my appetite can not be controlled.

Anyway, who needs to row 335 when u could knock me out before I even have a chance to unholster my taser LOL I'm lucky all the fights I've been on duty are with drunks and their so easily over powered it's not even funny.

Brb... Signing up for boxing lessons ;)

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
DUDE!! You lean mother fuc*er!!! I've eating a sh!t ton of tuna in an on going attempt to achieve abs like yours! Haha also putting in over time in the cardio dept. I eat healthy and clean but my appetite can not be controlled.

Anyway, who needs to row 335 when u could knock me out before I even have a chance to unholster my taser LOL I'm lucky all the fights I've been on duty are with drunks and their so easily over powered it's not even funny.

Brb... Signing up for boxing lessons ;)
hahaha i guess grass is always greener. i recommend Jiu jitsu for your specific purpose. the workouts are super intense and will help you get leaner, also you can really apply grappling at work against all kinds of people. your grip will get strong and with your strength you'll be able to take anyone down with proper technique. look up a brazilian jiu jitsu school around you

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hahaha i guess grass is always greener. i recommend Jiu jitsu for your specific purpose. the workouts are super intense and will help you get leaner, also you can really apply grappling at work against all kinds of people. your grip will get strong and with your strength you'll be able to take anyone down with proper technique. look up a brazilian jiu jitsu school around you
BJJ here I come! Sounds like it beats putting in over time on the stair master... Even tho I always have a nice view haha !
and eating this damn tuna!!!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yeahhh bjj will get you lean and super mean

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shoulders 02/05
DB shoulder press
80-12
90-10
100-8
100-8

Smith M Military press
225-10
225-10
225- 12 > I have no clue where those last two reps came from haha

Behind the next Bb press
135-15
185-8 drop 135 7

For every set of shoulder press I did one set of dumbbell shrugs.

DB laterals
25-15
30-12
35-10
30-10

At this time i kinda just went off on a rampage and did a ton of super sets with cables...

30 mins stair master - lots of sweat! Plained on doing an hour but I left my work cloths at home...

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
In for the win! The training is looking beastly!

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
Nice lifts. You are one strong guy. I will be watching this one.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I forgot to log my arm workout on Sunday :( but they're sore so it must have been a good one ;)

Legs 2/6
Legs
Front squats
135-15
135-15
225-12
315-10
365-6
365-6
315-8
315-7

Hack squats (plates means total # of 45lb plates)
8 plates-12
12 plates-10
16 plates-5

Hack squat superset leg press
10 plates-10/10-10
10plates-10/16-8
8plates-10 plus 2 negatives / 16-8 drop 2 plates -5 drop 2 plates 5

One leg leg press
5plates-15
6plates-12
5plates-14
5plates-12

Burn out leg extensions
Found a weight I could only do 15 reps with then took a 10 second break and repeated until I could only do 10 reps. Took only 4 sets lol

Did a total of 10 sets for calfs using the standing calf raise.

No extra hamstring work today... Not sure why, but I'll make up for it on back day.

This was a good leg day IMO it seems with the extra cardio I've been doing my legs look smaller :( haven't taken measurements tho..... See ya tomorrow for CHEST!!

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
I forgot to log my arm workout on Sunday :( but they're sore so it must have been a good one ;)

Legs 2/6
Legs
Front squats
135-15
135-15
225-12
315-10
365-6
365-6
315-8
315-7

Hack squats (plates means total # of 45lb plates)
8 plates-12
12 plates-10
16 plates-5

Hack squat superset leg press
10 plates-10/10-10
10plates-10/16-8
8plates-10 plus 2 negatives / 16-8 drop 2 plates -5 drop 2 plates 5

One leg leg press
5plates-15
6plates-12
5plates-14
5plates-12

Burn out leg extensions
Found a weight I could only do 15 reps with then took a 10 second break and repeated until I could only do 10 reps. Took only 4 sets lol

Did a total of 10 sets for calfs using the standing calf raise.

No extra hamstring work today... Not sure why, but I'll make up for it on back day.

This was a good leg day IMO it seems with the extra cardio I've been doing my legs look smaller :( haven't taken measurements tho..... See ya tomorrow for CHEST!!
You are a front squat maching! Question for ya. Do you use a belt and knee wraps on these or what is your setup? Regardless, that is impressive as ****.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
thats some beast squats bro. parallel or below?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wear a belt at 225 and up knee wraps at 315 and higher.

I try to keep my hip parallel with my knee, but tend to go a little past. I used to only squat "ass in the grass" but that just hurt my knees... I have a video of me front squatting 365 for 8 but it's a year old. I'll try and get 405-5 and post it.

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
I wear a belt at 225 and up knee wraps at 315 and higher.

I try to keep my hip parallel with my knee, but tend to go a little past. I used to only squat "ass in the grass" but that just hurt my knees... I have a video of me front squatting 365 for 8 but it's a year old. I'll try and get 405-5 and post it.
Ok that makes me feel better. If you said no belt, no wraps on the fronts I was going to get a tattoo of you across my back. Yeah get a vid. I would like to see that!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok that makes me feel better. If you said no belt, no wraps on the fronts I was going to get a tattoo of you across my back. Yeah get a vid. I would like to see that!
I'll see what I can do about the video. I guess I'll just have to do my front squats in a ski mask to cover my true identity!! LOL

My new front squat goal - 315 X 10 RAW so jlinteris can get my name tattooed on his back ;) haha If you check out YouTube there's some dude with some pretty heavy front squats....

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm interested.....I'll sub
Thanks for joining brother! Sorry the logs a little rough... Still not used to keeping track of my workouts. Like i know what I do but I never write down and record my lifts.

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
By the way, subbed so I expect some awesome numbers like you are already doing! Those rollers are awesome. Hopefully it is really firm. They are painful to use but are worth every second you put into them for recovery.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Feel it and check how firm it is. They vary greatly between companies. I got one from ****s that I used to roll on and after about a month it has an imprint embedded on it from when I used to roll my IT band on. I got another one from ****s and have had it for a while and its way firmer and I like it WAAAY more. The first one I think was GOfit brand not sure the second one

The key here is trying to guage what level of firmness you need but 15 bux definetely isnt a bad price I think mines was $40 that I have currently. If thats all you can find then give it a shot and see how it feels, who knows it might be great! Worst case would be its too soft so then your out $15 which isnt really too much and you most likely can still use it for some areas still. I still have my first one.. its in my duffle bag and I roll on it at the BJJ or judo club